Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Removing IP Lag

Comments

• tatatattatttttatatatattattttta Posts: 5 New Member
    @ZeeGee tysm! I will definitely say hello to my fellow Russian simmers, especially now when I have a permission to make a translation!
    @ciane thank you for anwering so quickly! I wasn't expecting it :) And thank you for your permission!
    As for the files - I was actually talking about this ones:
    "word document: http://www.4shared.com/file/H1XsUr2lba/IPFix.html
    open document text: http://www.4shared.com/file/9Hku4NwUba/IPFix.html"
    I supposed that they may contain more structured information so it will be easier to make a translation - I don't know really because these links are expired :( But those .nhd files were also very useful so thanks!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    ...I have some questions.
    First of all, thank you very much for your enormous work! Your tips and instructions have been incredibly helpful.
    Secondly, is it possible that you reupload the documents with the essential moments or something like that (two 4shared links in the first message). It would've been very helpful!
    Thirdly, i didn't quite get it about moving the Dregg household.
    > @ScottDemon said:
    > I'd save them for last play them and move them that way save and exit the game reload and go back to Edit Town and use the Switch Active Households option.
    > That's the only safe way I know of moving playable ghosts.
    How exactly should I do it to avoid any errors? Should I move them using the in-game "Move" action via a phone or a computer and then switch households in the Edit Town? Or what?
    Fourthly, I am quite confused about some lots replacements that you've provided here. Some of them have two copies: one in your Mediafire folder from the first message and the other one - in your Exchange profile. E.g. there are two Ichtaca residences, one named 'Los Castillo de Ichtaca' and the other is 'El Castillo de Ichtaca'. Which versions of your lots shall we use? Their differences are not always clear from reading the descriptions.
    Lastly, may I translate this tread (by compiling all the useful information in some sort of a handy guide) to Russian and post it on one of the Russian Sims forums? I will surely give you credit and leave all necessary links and references to this tread/your profile/etc. It will literally save lives of lots of our Sims players!
    Thank you very much once again!

1. Thank you. You are very welcome.
    2. I uploaded just the essential neighborhood file to sim file share, so you can easily replace your own .nhd file in your save folder.
    3. I moved the Dreggs by placing them to the clipboard and then placing them into an empty home. Scott says the only way to safely move ghosts is to play the household and yes, as I understand his post, they must use the move interaction via phone or computer. (I thought they started out as normal sims and then drowned and became ghosts in later game play.)
    4. I have already redone the castle (and other lots) in my saves. The uploads to the exchange are for those who want to make the changes themselves, but would rather not have to do redo all the lots themselves. So, whichever lots appeal to a simmer is fine. (The original castle takes to long for the family to answer the door, so actions drop out.)
    Yes, please do compile whatever info you'd like for a handy guide.
    Sorry, I don't quite understand the way this forum system works, so I can't find where to edit my previous post or how to quote properly without that ">" thingy. I just wanted to add that I'm also confused about this:
    You wrote this (about moving sims from houseboats to land) in your first message: "Romantic (Rubisel Ichtaca) (whom I move to Modern Marvel after I relevel that lot) - FantaSea (Port Primavera) Keep FantaSea and make it NVA (no visitors allowed)." But the Romantic household consists of Akoni Kahale who lives in the Sea Spirit houseboat. And Rubisel Ichtaca is in The Prince household and lives in Fantasea houseboat. So what exactly shall we do with these two sims? :D

Oops, sorry, I guess I just find Rubisel romantic! Yes, "Romantic" should be changed to "The Prince." Thank you.

If you replace your .nhd file with mine, the changes are already made. If you are making changes yourself, you can really move the households where you like. I was just sharing what I did. The main thing, for me, is just to keep a house boat for the household you play to cut down on lag. I like to have a few houseboats for looks, so I simply change them from residential lots to commercial and choose the "no visitors allowed" option to keep other sims away.
  • tatatattatttttatatatattattttta Posts: 5 New Member
    @ciane thank you so much for answering!

About those .nhd files - as I was saying, initially I meant these text files from the expired 4shared links (I believe they are .html from what I see in the URL):
    "word document: http://www.4shared.com/file/H1XsUr2lba/IPFix.html
    open document text: http://www.4shared.com/file/9Hku4NwUba/IPFix.html"
    I thought that these files may contain more structured information which would be easier to translate - because I want to make the fullest guide including your save files _and_ the clearest instruction on how to make all necessary changes by yourself and all that detailed stuff. But it seems to me that I've managed to do it anyway ^_^

And yep, I totally get that all necessary changes are already made in your save files, I just wanted to make sure that all individual replacements are also totally playable. I mean, you didn't make two copies of the same lot because one of the copies was corrupted or had some mistakes that you decided to correct in the second version - or anything like that.
    I just like to build. So, I would start from scratch to make the IP EP only version after already making the IP all EPs/SPs/store content version. That's how I probably decided to make another version of the castle. Everything played fine either way for me.

Sorry I misunderstood about the word document. I think it basically just said what the thread does any way.

Good luck with your endeavor!
  • BlondePumpkinBlondePumpkin Posts: 93 Member
    Hello! :) Quick question about Ellacharmed's fixed world. For the people who have used it, does it run smoothly ongoing or do you encounter issues after a certain period of time?

I just wanted to get some feedback before I put in the time to get it all setup. Thanks!
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Hello! :) Quick question about Ellacharmed's fixed world. For the people who have used it, does it run smoothly ongoing or do you encounter issues after a certain period of time?

I just wanted to get some feedback before I put in the time to get it all setup. Thanks!

I've been playing for about a week now, aging off for now, and this has been a GAME CHANGER for me!! The rest of Sims 3 runs smoothly on my gaming laptop, but I still found Island Paradise to be very laggy. I had used other tips and tricks before, but this one seems to be the winner. Good luck!

EllaCharmed did an amazing job on routing issues for all the worlds. I did play in her fixed world for a bit. The thing about IP is all the houseboats, the castle where it takes forever to get the front door, the home that has no front door downstairs, etc.

Start with EllaCharmed's fix and then look for problems that you can fix, mentioned at the beginning of this thread. I would recommend moving the sims you don't intend to play on to land and making the houseboats No Visitors Allowed.

• ohzunaohzuna Posts: 11 New Member
    I can't thank you enough for this. I've never played EC's version of this world, because it was recommended I try your save first. And it ran great from the get-go. I have a gaming laptop and your save along with Nraas has IP running SUPER smooth. Smoother than some EA worlds, even. I'm 3 generations in, with a bunch of added custom Late Night venues, and it's still running great.

My kids, who DON'T have gaming laptops, also have no problem running IP. My youngest daughter even uses a $200 "black friday special" laptop from 3 years ago (truly bottom-of-the-line) and while it doesn't run smooth for her, IP is now stable and playable, no worse than any other world.

Only one thing I needed to change was the Medina house. Something about it is bugged beyond saving, it's like the sims don't know where they are in relation to the rest of the house. Weird wild stuff happening there. And the Amigos house, they get stuck under it sometimes and they compulsively try to play catch when they don't have room on the lot, but I moved them to a houseboat. Those are pretty much the only things I had to do to make me the perfect "starter" save for IP.

Thank you again for sharing all of your hard work with us. :)
    That makes me super happy @ohzuna! I didn't know that the Amigos would get stuck under their house or the problem with the Medina house. I played the sims at their respective homes, so those issues didn't arise for me. I did see problems with a large family and a small lot arise sometimes where sims would get stuck in the street. Sometimes fences are in the way and sims will get trapped in fences, but sometimes a car pops into its parking spot right over top of a sim standing there. It's amazing how sims get stuck in the weirdest ways. Fortunately NRaas overwatch helps alot. I'll look into those lots more closely now and see if I can change something for the better.
  • ohzunaohzuna Posts: 11 New Member
    The Medina house, it's like they can't get to the part of a pool and bar on the side of their house. There's nothing in the way, but they can't/won't go there. They don't route fail, they just walk to some random part of the yard and do the "mix a drink" animation. And then pull out a remote and watch TV. From the yard. The TV that's inside the house facing the other direction. XD

The Amigos get stuck when they are trying to boat somewhere, but most of the time pop loose or reset back to shore. Their big problem is that, being active, loves the outdoors types, they want to swim and play catch (over and over and over) and act like they can't do either from their lot. I observed this when they were inactive and I couldn't figure out what they were freaking out about (I was using Master Controller to open and observe houses that were most likely to have problems). When I made them active they still wouldn't stop. They wanna swim. They wanna play catch. Until the end of time. But there's no room for catch and I guess the terrain is too steep for them to get in the ocean (which might be why they get stuck with the boat)? Ironically, I move them onto a houseboat with even less room than their original lot and they never try to swim or play ball anymore. Now they spend most of their time in bed. It all worked out just fine.

Anyways, these aren't huge problems and might have never caused any issues. I only noticed because when I'm making a "starter" save I am on the lookout for anything that could potentially be a problem in the future. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining because I certainly didn't mean it that way. I'm super grateful that you did all this and made it available to everyone. So many people want to play IP and think it's not possible. I always send them your way. :D
    I certainly did NOT think you were complaining! I truly just want to make the world as playable as possible while making the fewest changes possible. Knowing these issues exist makes me want to fix them. Thank you so much for sharing.
    edited September 2020
    @ohzuna - I looked into changing up the lot on stilts and found that once those wooden stilts are placed and saved, they will never delete. No adding new foundation over them and deleting that, no using debug enabled to purge the area, no MOO or CFE tricks will work other than camouflaging them. One easy fix might be simply deleting the football from the one bedroom (which is why moving them onto a houseboat worked for you as you didn't take their household items with them). So, moving them and deleting the lot is the only fix.

The Medina household I've played before and rechecked today. I do not have a problem swimming in any of the pools, mixing drinks at the outside bar, or watching television inside sitting on the couch downstairs or standing upstairs. (I don't know why I didn't add another couch up there!) I loaded both the IP only and other version, so maybe you have the wrong family in mind, OR something in my upload was replaced in your version and that is causing issues. ((I used a ground light that could be a routing issue if replaced with another one in front of the bar.))
    Post edited by ciane on
    @SPARKY1922 - I too am on the 1.67 all discs. Just grab the first folder and copy it into your saves file.

IPonlyrdy (stands for Island Paradise EP only - ready to play) - http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1806882/

IPallrdy (Island Paradise with other EP,SP, and store stuff included - ready to play) - http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1806914/
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited January 2021
    Thank you @ciane much appreciated :)

Edit: I think I am doing something wrong. I downloaded from the IPonlyrdy (stands for Island Paradise EP only - ready to play) link shown in your post above and noticed there was only one nhn file and although I thought there should be 4 files I went over to my disc game and made a folder entitled ciane ip save file and put the nhn file in that folder and after loaded up the game I noticed straightaway there were 2 IP worlds to choose from so as I had no idea which was yours I went into the first one and it appeared to be EA's IP world so i came out and checked the second world which appeared to be the same after checking some of the things I know you have said you changed but i could not see any difference so i am just wondering should I have more than 1 nhn file to make that difference?

I have never used a save world before so I have no idea what I am doing..
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    @SPARKY1922 - You say that you had two IP worlds to choose from, but I THINK you mean that you had two saves: My SAVE file will not show up as a WORLD option, only as the most recent save to open up and play. If you had two SAVE files to choose from, maybe that was a result of copying the same file in twice - once as ciane ip and once as the IPonlyrdy. So they would both be the same, until you play one. There would only be the one nhn file in the save until your sim visits another (uni, the future, or another travel world).

Sorry for the late reply, I had a family emergency and just returned home last night.
    Hi @ciane

Thanks for getting back to me much appreciated. Of course I got confused when I said worlds I meant saves but when I went into the one I thought was yours I could not distinguish it from the real EA Ip world because for some reason i thought you had emptied the ports/houseboats and it all looked the same so I decided I must have been at fault-)
    I like to have one boat for my active sims and I liked the looks of a couple of the original EA ones, so I just made the ports "no visitors allowed" to cut down on trapped/unroutable sims.

I pretty sure that using the compatibility mode worked for me with win10. but it's been awhile and windows is always updating, so maybe things have changed. Someone else might be better able to help you with that issue.
    Hi @ciane

If I make the ports with houseboats on them no visitors allowed does that mean sims will not move into the houseboats as homes? as I think they look nice in the world even if they are not getting used as homes (apart from my own families port) I know I can remove the fridges and sims would not move in anyway but I was just curious if the no visitors to the port designation would work the same way?

Or if I move sims into a houseboat with a no visitors allowed port would they be able to live on the houseboat correctly and move around in other ways such as boating everywhere in a speedboat to go visiting themselves or would doing this cause routing issues do you think?

Making the port NVA will help keep other sims when getting stuck there, and they should not be able to move into a lot designated NVA either. Your sims can move in; but if you keep the NVA designation, I believe visitors to your home will route fail.

There are three ports that are notorious for causing stuck sims due to routing problems. Those are the ones I designate NVA. You can always help the sim you are playing to navigate better. (I use NRaas Go Here mod.) You just don't always notice when other sims have problems there. Overwatch, of course, helps a lot.
    Thanks @ciane

I had a feeling it might not be doable but it was just an idea that came to mind wondering if I could make use of the houseboats while keeping the NVA designation :)
    You certainly can, but inviting guests over might be a problem unless you change the designation.
    I was thinking about sticking singletons in the boats on a NVA just to leave them there and make them look lived in but of course they would probably get autonomous visitors trying to get to them so it wouldn't work :)
    The visitors would reset with Overwatch after route failing if you use that mod.
    Mmm is suspect Overwatch would be going of a lot lol Oh well just another one of my silly ideas-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top