Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick Question about Legacy

Commence n00bness:

I'm starting my VERY FIRST Challenge: Legacy. So, I'm trying to make sure I understand all the rules and I'm not sure if I'm just entirely blind or it just doesn't say but... I was kind of wondering, is my Sims NEVER allowed to have a job? What about the spouse my founder chooses to marry, is he allowed to get a job? What if he comes with a job already? Does he have to quit when he marries my founder? Are the children allowed to have when they grow up!?

Thanks in advance for the help! >_<
Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Legacy Sims can have jobs. You can find Pinstar's rules here, http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules/

There are other challenges that preclude jobs, such as the Mooch-off-your-neighbor and The Room challenges.

But if you're playing a Pinstar legacy challenge, jobs and career-rewards are important and useful strategically!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    Yeah, I was just using Pinstar's Legacy challenge and I found his rules and I chose all my heir rules. I just didn't see anything about jobs so I wasn't sure if I was just not allowed to have a job since it didn't specifically say anywhere in those link rules about it, at least that I could see. Thanks @CathyTea for responding :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • RasberriRasberri Posts: 4 New Member
    heh I know this post is like 5 years old but I was wondering the same thing cuz I started yesterday and shes already been promoted 4 times and shes been making like 300 dollars a day and I feel like that is wayyyy to quick to be progressing
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Rasberri, congratulations! You have a capable sim. =)
    One of the challenges of a legacy is to build up your house over generations while starting with either §1800 or §0 (depending on how tough you want the start to be). Plus there's bills, furniture breaking, fires when you least expect it, screaming toddlers wanting their own rooms... You'll see those §300 a day vanish pretty quickly once you start expanding!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘