Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Unfinished Base Game

Everyone must know that not a lot of people are buying 'The Sims 4'. The reason is because it is missing key elements. Now, I want to list everything Sims 4 does not have that it should, what's wrong with it, etc. and maybe EA will pass by this thread and look into adding more to the game. This is not going to be a rant on how terrible the game might be, but rather more of a complaint. Please remember I do not own The Sims 4, I am just going by what I have seen through trailers and 'Let's Plays'.

-No pools. Yes, this was added in a patch, but it should of been there from square one. You should never release a game that isn't completely done yet. A sims game without pools = unfinished.
-No toddlers. This is a very basic but huge mistake. Toddlers should of been added. No 'sacrificing certain things so we can get new stuff'. The base game should be there before adding new content. That means toddlers and anything that was from previous sim games.
-No cars (needs confirming). Sims just disappearing without a carpool? Why?
-No Create a Style. This is just wrong. You gave us something we loved then took it back. You did this with a lot of the key elements from The Sims 3 like an open world.

Add more yourself to this list below.
thedoctor.gif

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Not as sandboxy as the other games.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

I vote for that. I don't like my sims being weird. They are forcing weird on to me! :(
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm sorry, but I don't want to buy a new sim game that is like the last. I like something fresh and new. Or else I wouldn't switch over.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Alpal425 wrote: »
    Everyone must know that not a lot of people are buying 'The Sims 4'. The reason is because it is missing key elements. Now, I want to list everything Sims 4 does not have that it should, what's wrong with it, etc. and maybe EA will pass by this thread and look into adding more to the game. This is not going to be a rant on how terrible the game might be, but rather more of a complaint. Please remember I do not own The Sims 4, I am just going by what I have seen through trailers and 'Let's Plays'.

-No pools. Yes, this was added in a patch, but it should of been there from square one. You should never release a game that isn't completely done yet. A sims game without pools = unfinished.
    -No toddlers. This is a very basic but huge mistake. Toddlers should of been added. No 'sacrificing certain things so we can get new stuff'. The base game should be there before adding new content. That means toddlers and anything that was from previous sim games.
    -No Create a Style. This is just wrong. You gave us something we loved then took it back. You did this with a lot of the key elements from The Sims 3 like an open world.

Does every sim game have to have the exact same stuff in it? I bought the game because it was different. I don't want it to be like every other sims game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

I vote for that. I don't like my sims being weird. They are forcing weird on to me! :(

True. It's part of a "vision" that I haven't grasped yet, the inside joke is on us. :neutral_face:

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I don't exactly mind the sims 4. It's great for stories in my opinion.
    But I agree with you in a way.
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member

Does every sim game have to have the exact same stuff in it? I bought the game because it was different. I don't want it to be like every other sims game.
    Yes, but they make you fall in love with certain features just to take them away. They should keep the features that they have showed and add on to those.
    A sequel is supposed to expand on existing ideas, not remove them and blame them for the performance issues.
    Truer words were never spoken
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/preach.gif[/img]
  • Options

Yes, but they make you fall in love with certain features just to take them away. They should keep the features that they have showed and add on to those.
    So you are basically saying that every sims game in the series has to be the exact same with all the same features to be worthy of you to play or buy it? Sorry that seem shallow and you aren't thinking of everyone who loves the game as it is. I like the fact its different I don't need to have everything from previous games to be happy and play.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I'm all for new but make me fall in love with it. I have never worked so hard to find a way to immerse myself in a game. I don't feel the love and imagination, that is what I have concluded so far.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

A sequel is supposed to expand on existing ideas, not remove them and blame them for the performance issues.

But sims 3 didn't expand on the ideas from sims 2. It threw a lot of it away.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't want to buy a new sim game that is like the last. I like something fresh and new. Or else I wouldn't switch over.
    I totally agree with you @fullspiral.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member

I know. Which is why I thought 4 would bring us the best of both worlds. It did not.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Exactly the problem @fullsprial !

They should of never taken away those Sims 2 features. Now they brought back some of them in the Sims 4 but never added Sims 3 features.

Ugg.

I know. Which is why I thought 4 would bring us the best of both worlds. It did not.

EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY.

I want the best of the three worlds. :neutral_face:
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Space hoppers.

Space-hoppers.co.uk.gif <Space Hopper
  • Options

I never have expectations for the sims. Sequels also expand and change.

Sometimes the problem is that we do not.
  • Options
    I don't get how you guys can comment so fast. :confounded:
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    where is the dead horse to beat?
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    it's sims medieval in a modern setting and infested with loading screens... and much, much less fun. no... it's even worse than that. it's a tamagotchi without the keychain. so it's not even useful.
  • Options
    I feel like if Sims 3 had the key features of TS2, it would of been perfect.
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    The Unfinished And Will Never Be Finished Sims Game. Why did it come to this?
  • Options

I never have expectations for the sims. Sequels also expand and change.

Sometimes the problem is that we do not.
    The thing is if you do have certain expectation for the game like the sims you are going to be sorely disappointed and anything they add at this point won't bring you back to playing it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I feel like if Sims 3 had the key features of TS2, it would of been perfect.
    And what key features are those?