Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell us your Magic Moments from the last 15 years

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Magical Moment #01 - Sim with Spring allergies sneezes. The cutest animation and sound... ever. It caught me totally by surprise.

Magical Moment #02 - My Sim turned into a Plant Sim. As I play a strictly vanilla/real life simulation game, it was one of my biggest freak out moments ever, but in a what the... omg... awesome kind of way. And now Plant Sims are the only supernatural sims I don't mind playing my game.

Magical Moment #03 - The first time my sim acknowledged that I was doing a good job in my playing choices... it had something to do with makeout option :smirk:

Magical Moment #04 - When I first heard and saw TS4. I was so excited about this game when it was first announced. I love the design of all of the TS4 characters in the original commercial.

Magical Moment #05 - TS1: My first time playing Hot Date.

Magical Moment #06 - TS1: My first time visiting Studio Town.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I have two Sims Magic Moments:

1. When I first got Sims 2 it was SO far advanced beyond Sims 1 that I was floored! I was completely addicted and played for nearly 48 hours - barely stopping to eat or use the bathroom. I still go back and play it once in awhile to this day. It hasn't lost the magic.

2. When I saw the first commercial for Sims 3 I actually cried a little. The tag line "...and then, somebody opened the door..." was SO incredibly exciting! I have never been so excited about a game release! And I still play Sims 3 at least once a week to this day. The open world and CASt are two of the greatest things ever created for Sims!

Certainly the games have had their issues with bugs, etc., over the years but the Sims franchise is still my favorite game series of all time.
  • Options
    lieslmarethlieslmareth Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 3 World Adventures was pretty much the best thing ever, I have spent so so so many hours criss-crossing the globe, making wine and running away from mummies and searching out ancient artifacts. The only dim spot was when my French boyfriend found out about my fling in Egypt, how did that even happen??
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited January 2015
    Agrees 100 percent @Lieslmareth Love World Adventures and am on a max 18 day trip in Egypt currently in my game.Have level 3 visa plus prepared traveler LR and the certificate with Egypt I bought with ancient coins.Love that expansion it is soooooo good.

Also you happened to get unlucky enough to choose the only globetrotting Sim as your French Boyfriend,turns out he is a photographer with National Geographic magazine and gets paid to take pictures in foreign countries.He was taking pics at the Great Pyramid and happened to mention you to a guy on an archeological expedition who happened to be your fling.Sounds legit :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Vrooman123Vrooman123 Posts: 36 Member
    The Sims 1 : I did not read instructions on game play (first mistake) then my first family was mine (second mistake) soooo......... both of my kids got taken away to military school, my husband kept looking at me saying no to everything, peeing on the floor and crying all the time and I killed us both in a cooking fire. LOL My husband who does not play kept saying "What are you doing to me? Cruel woman" I have never made another version of my own family. LOL
    The Sims 2 : Again I didn't read any instructions so most of the new interactions were a complete surprise to me. My first couple got pregnant from just WooHoo ( love that feature, sad it's not in 4). I am embarrassed to admit I was so caught up with this young family that when the wife who was still pregnant died from illness, I got choked up. I however did learn to exit without saving , LOL and made all things right in their world and mine. ahhh...
    The Sims 3 : As you can guess... that's right I did not read the game play instructions, found the open world wonderful and fun to explore made my same core families (not my own, ever again) for the 3rd time and found how new interactions still made me smile or laugh out loud when they happened for the first time.
    The Sims 4 : I didn't read any game play instructions, but I'm Working on making new "Moments"..........
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited January 2015
    This needs to be said
    and despite it seem negative
    it is a brutal truth

The Magic of the Sims burnt out when the Executive Director of the Sims was changed to a Mobiles Game developer.
    :I i have nothing wrong about mobile games apps
    but building a PC game in the style of a mobile games app is no different than
    Sony PSVITA having the graphics of a Nintendo Color running Pokemon Red/Blue.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    This story comes from The Sims 2, keep in mind the screenshots I have for this, is the only one I saved from the old computer.

My sims teen daughter (Forgot her name after all these years) nearing her birthday, finally went off to college, and moved into the dorm. However, she had befriended a good witch and became a witch herself as a teenager. So she brought with her, all the stuff she had made with her caldron, even brought her cauldron and magic book, and of course her chair. But most importantly, she brought her favorite violin. She had maxed her enthusiasm for the violin, and thus could always end up in the zone.

DWzai8I.png

While in the dorms, she met a guy, she found him really handsome, and the two really hit it off. They were dating for a couple days when suddenly... the cow mascott showed up! And when he did, he tried to flirt with her boyfriend, which angered her to no end. She and her boyfriend fought and within a matter of moments, the two broke up. And just so happens, she had a little ray gun on her that was given to her by her older brother (lol custom object), and so there was the mascott, still in the hallway, now harassing another student. So she walked over, pulled the weapon out and zapped him. All of a sudden, he really stank. So much so, a big swarm of flies swooped in and gobbled him up!

She then collected his head, and ashes, and set up a little shrine for any future mascott that thought of showing up, by putting it in the down stairs lobby

oyO2CZR.png

She spent the rest of that week crying, and thinking angry thoughts of her now ex-boyfriend, and soon she ceased to be a good leaning witch and turned into a wicked witch, and first cast Corpus Fleshicus, to make the ex fat, then to amuse herself, casted Spiritus Poultria, to make him behave like a chicken. It became a ritual every morning to make him act like a chicken till the day she graduated. As for the dead mascott, a week after his death he started haunting the down stairs area, especially the cafeteria. She decided to leave him in place because it amused her seeing others in her dorm get scared.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    fs747574fsfs747574fs Posts: 102 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    This story comes from The Sims 2, keep in mind the screenshots I have for this, is the only one I saved from the old computer.

My sims teen daughter (Forgot her name after all these years) nearing her birthday, finally went off to college, and moved into the dorm. However, she had befriended a good witch and became a witch herself as a teenager. So she brought with her, all the stuff she had made with her caldron, even brought her cauldron and magic book, and of course her chair. But most importantly, she brought her favorite violin. She had maxed her enthusiasm for the violin, and thus could always end up in the zone.

While in the dorms, she met a guy, she found him really handsome, and the two really hit it off. They were dating for a couple days when suddenly... the cow mascott showed up! And when he did, he tried to flirt with her boyfriend, which angered her to no end. She and her boyfriend fought and within a matter of moments, the two broke up. And just so happens, she had a little ray gun on her that was given to her by her older brother (lol custom object), and so there was the mascott, still in the hallway, now harassing another student. So she walked over, pulled the weapon out and zapped him. All of a sudden, he really stank. So much so, a big swarm of flies swooped in and gobbled him up!

She then collected his head, and ashes, and set up a little shrine for any future mascott that thought of showing up, by putting it in the down stairs lobby

She spent the rest of that week crying, and thinking angry thoughts of her now ex-boyfriend, and soon she ceased to be a good leaning witch and turned into a wicked witch, and first cast Corpus Fleshicus, to make the ex fat, then to amuse herself, casted Spiritus Poultria, to make him behave like a chicken. It became a ritual every morning to make him act like a chicken till the day she graduated. As for the dead mascott, a week after his death he started haunting the down stairs area, especially the cafeteria. She decided to leave him in place because it amused her seeing others in her dorm get scared.

Nice pics and interesting story @nilanius!

• Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    The most magical moment ever was loading up Sims 3 at release day and seeing the open world. I literally cried tears of joy and awe.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited January 2015
    Sims one, my grand daughter gave me the Sims for a present. I fell in love and was hooked from the beginning. at first I didn't know how to play, So I made a couple. Well when the husband got up in the morning he started cooking breakfast for his wife. the stove got on fire. He died, well the wife got up and started crying, It went on for days, I told my friends I have this crazy game, and all this lady does is keep crying over, not sure if it was a urn or not, in the kitchen. Well I finally found out what to do with it. then she remarried and her husband was getting out of the Hot Tub and got electrocuted and he died. I didn't know what to think, but I fell in love with the sims anyway and am still playing

then along came Sims 2, well in Sims two I fell in love with Darren Dreamer. His wife died and he remarried, his second wife was getting out of the tub and the dead wife scared her to death. I loved sims 2 and all the amazing things the sims could do. On ward I went have the most fun of my life. It was the best game I had every played. that was until along came

Ah Sims 3, I took to it like a kid in a candy store. I loved so much about it, I made worlds, stores, and just kept on playing. Could not get away from it. Loved the house boats, and did a Teen challenge on his own in a broken down house boat. It was tons of fun, But I guess I will always remember Sims three for doing the A-Z generation challenge, where each child is named from A for Alex B for Bod and so forth.
    I started with Dewey Dexter and he had Adam for A and I am proud to say that I made it all the way to Zackary Dexter, 26 generations of the Dexter's I love that family so much, that I remade them in the Sims 4 I started with Zackary who had a son and called him Dewey after the family founder. Dewey had Alex and I am now on my 4th A-Z generation with Daniel. He just turned a teen.

I am still in love with the sims after 15 years. they hooked me from the beginning

I just told someone this on the forum.

I always love it when someone calls the sims a virtual dollhouse. I think that I love the sims so much because when I was twelve my mother said I was to old for my dollhouse that I had. She put it in the basement, I would sneak down there and play with it.
    When my grand daughter gave me the Sims 1 for a present, I was in my glory, my beloved dollhouse was back, only this time it was alive.
    I know this is silly, but that is ok. Sims are silly anyway. Maybe I have the Childish trait. :) We all have reasons we play. I love the Sims.

Happy Birthday Sims, you have been wonderful in my life and have given me many laughs, looking to the future for more.

Post edited by Evalen on
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    There have been many, many magic moments but the first one, from Sims 1, was when Betty and Bob could afford to move into the big mansion with the swimming pool, and the chronically unhappy Betty was suddenly in bliss.
  • Options
    haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    In Sims 1, I didn't even know that a sim could get abducted by aliens, until it happened to my sim late one night. I had absolutely no idea what to do and just sat back from the computer open mouthed and helpless until she was returned. An amazing moment.

In Sims 2, experiencing the passing of time from a tiny baby being born and then following through the sim's entire life until death was remarkable, and finally gave me what was missing from Sims 1. I would play for hours, often starting when I got home from work on a Friday night and continuing all night, only stopping when I realised it had started to get light again! I played the Legacy Challenge and during this I was so excited about the first ever twins born in my game that I immediately posted about it on the forum. And then, to try to get Legacy points for different coloured ghosts, when they were teenagers, one of those twins became the first sim I ever deliberately set out to kill; however, I found the killing to be so traumatic that I've never murdered another sim since - any deaths are accidental or from old age. The ghosts in Sims 2 were unique - in my Legacy house one of the ghosts had been a neat Sim during life and I'm certain he used to wake up the children and scare them just so he could make the beds they'd just jumped out of and then mop up the puddles they made when he frightened them! I had a brilliant snap shot of a Sim plunging a blocked toilet with the ghost of his twin beside him, mopping the floor ...

In Sims 3, the fact that time passed for all the families in my town was amazing - no more moved out spares turning up on community lots and being younger than their great great great grand nieces and nephews; the first time I took the kids to the park on a Saturday morning, returning home on Saturday night, and it was Saturday night at home too, they didn't find themselves back at Saturday morning again, was absolutely fantastic! Once again, it gave me what was missing from Sims 3.

In the Sims 4 - I'm still adjusting to the changes in this version of the game but I'm having a lot of fun with it too. I had a mean sim who, when left to her own devices, would always go and smash her son's dolls house. I lost count of the number of times that little boy cried over his smashed dolls house. When she eventually died of old age, I thought finally the dolls house would be safe. I was wrong. The very first thing she did when she returned as a ghost was go upstairs and smash that dolls house! A brilliant, laugh out loud moment!

I've been playing the various incarnations of the Sims for many many years, and I guarantee I'll be playing the Sims long into my future. It's the only game that I ever want to play on a regular basis and I'm still discovering new things in the different versions of the game, even after all this time.

:D
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Years into playing TS3 I'm doing a new Bob & Betty Boognish play through because I had just gotten dragon valley.

So I'm rolling back to the past in the time machine with Bob when I get a message that he had rescued a girl who "suspiciously looks like him."

I had not planned on having kids this time around but it was so interesting that I just rolled with it.

I physically broke the drive she was stored on when building a new PC so this pic is my last enduring memory of Bobbi Jo Boognish.

5jup6v.jpg

I didn't alter her at all other than hair and makeup. Aside from that, she indeed pretty much looked just like Bob only female.

everyday_original.jpg
  • Options
    HaylziesHaylzies Posts: 169 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I think that I love the sims so much because when I was twelve my mother said I was to old for my dollhouse that I had. She put it in the basement, I would sneak down there and play with it.
    When my grand daughter gave me the Sims 1 for a present, I was in my glory, my beloved dollhouse was back, only this time it was alive.

That is one of the cutest things I've read in here, thanks for sharing :D I've always thought of the sims as a virtual dollhouse too, and I'm sure that's why I've always loved it.
  • Options
    sadiegirl1sadiegirl1 Posts: 35 Member
    The day Sims 2 arrived at my door was the exact day my brother who I hadn't seen in years turned up. I was overjoyed at both events, and was wanting to install Sims 2 but didn't want to seem rude to my brother. It was mini torture as that lead up to the game was an amazing time.

Game wise...The drunk gnomes in The Sims were hilarious and I had a ton of fun with those guys.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Ok-magic moment from The Sims 2. I used to always ground-hog day the game if anything went wrong (you know, exit without saving). I had this one Sim whom I had such a crush on--he was a rock star with custom skin, long hair, and was just so awesome! I always wanted his life to be perfect, so if he lost a job, got in a fight with one his many lovers, had his house broken into--anything that would make him sad--I would exit without saving. One day, he got fired from his job, and for some reason, I decided to keep playing. I noticed that his "bad luck" affected him, but in a good way. He became kinder.

Suddenly, I realized what the Sims' artificial intelligence means. Sims are changed at a deep level, in their coding, by what happens to them. And--the magical part--I realized that we can learn about life, our own lives and ways to live, by examining what happens with our Sims and how they respond. It was profound to me to see how this Sim became so much kinder and more compassionate through something bad that happened to him. Years later, I was reading D.ickens and I noticed that many of his protagonists responded in the same way. I smiled, thinking that I had been shown D.ickens' universal truth first through playing the Sims.

When a computer game teaches profound lessons about life--that's magic!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got another Sims 3 magic moment which happened recently.I managed to buy more Sims 3 Packs at the store while I was shopping for a new external hard drive so I would be able to get TS4 one day.I still need to buy Ambitions and Showtime on disks before I complete the collection.I have to face the hard part of getting new packs and play Mod-free for a while to test each new pack after installing it.This is going to be murder for me and I have to put my regular legacy games on hold for this.I really want to complete the collection even though it's torture to play Mod-free and my usual play is impossible without my usual Mods and CC.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    For me, it was The Sims 2 that was just so amazing; I loved that game. When playing, I was so engaged in it that a whole day would pass and I never even noticed the day light had turned to night. That was in general with that game. But one specific playing experience has stuck in my memory now for more than 10 years and it has never happened in any other Sims game since. It was this:

I had played several families, jumping from family to family as the mood struck me. One family had a father who was a fortune sim, but he was a womanizer too. This was back after uni and Nightlife had been released. I would have him out playing as a musician in a club I built collecting tips and girlfriends (That was the Tucker family). One of the others were the Rockafellas. This was a very down to earth, traditional middle class American family. There were 2 boys who had gone to college, graduated and had lives, and at that time, there were 2 girls who had just graduated from college. While in college, one of the girls had been involved with Mr. Tucker. When she graduated, she got one of those little ranch houses in Pleasantville over by Brandi Broke's home. Anyway, her older brother showed up at her house unexpectedly, so she made lunch for him. Now, please recall that I was controlling the girl. The brother was being controlled by the game. She served lunch, they both sat there and ate and talked together. I watched them and noted their talk bubbles. He was talking about cheating, Tom Tucker, and Marriage. He was talking about college, and it just looked exactly like he was telling her to get rid of this married guy who was no good for her, she had a college degree and could do much better.

Now, I find it amazing that the game could pick up the experiences/memories of the sims and play it back in the form of thought/talk bubbles and make it appear that this older brother sim was "having a talk" about the direction his little sister was going with her life. Now, maybe I was just reading into it, but man, it sure didn't feel that way.

So, that experience and many more like it in that game made those Sims feel like they were alive. It made it seem like they could "think"

That never happened in The Sims, nor the Sims 3, nor 4. And it didn't happen so much after the later expansions in 2. But those first few years of that game were simply amazing. I wish Maxis could recreate what they did then, whatever it was that made it appear as if there really were little thinking, loving, interesting people inside that game. It was so much fun.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hey folks, I will be closing this thread in around 3 hours time. So, last call for Magic Moments!
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Okay I've only been with the Sims for last 5 years or so but I remember making a family in TS2 once, the child died within 5 hours :(:(:( rofl I forgot what happened I think it might of been a fire well that is the fastest Sim death I had :
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    And that's all folks!

Thanks for everyone's contributions. We will be reading them through next week and will contact people via PM.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top