Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell us your Magic Moments from the last 15 years

Comments

• MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Just a funny fact about my love and addiction to the Sims since the very beginning : The game has dictated when I should upgrade my pc lol !
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited January 2015
    MaryJos wrote: »
    Just a funny fact about my love and addiction to the Sims since the very beginning : The game has dictated when I should upgrade my pc lol !

I actually bought a whole new computer last year just for the Sims (though I use it for other things). No regrets whatsoever!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • LadyLindaelLadyLindael Posts: 154 Member
    I remember when i seen my daughter watching a weird video of these digital people doing stuff.. i said "who would want to play a game where you do every day life stuff??" it was sims 2.. but then a few months later i watched a few more videos of it.. still was unsure about it, but i went ahead and bought sims 2 and tried.. and got hooked on it.. and to this day my daughter rubs it into my face "oh remember when you thought it was a dorky game?" lmao
  • SuidolemSuidolem Posts: 52 Member
    My magic moment with The Sims over the pass 15 years have to be when I learned how to put my real family and friend's human faces on my sims.
  • ImraImra Posts: 16 New Member
    Congrats to 15 year jubileum!! Thank you for the free 48 hour testing Sims 4.It was soo much fun.
  • SimsAreSweetSimsAreSweet Posts: 1,877 Member
    The most memorable moment in my simming history, would be when I was just about to enter middle school and had discovered the Sims via a next door neighbor. She had shown me all of what The Sims 2 had to offer, and I believe at that point only the University expansion, and Nightlife expansion were out. I was hooked! All of the stories that could be told within The Sims with all different families throughout your game was just amazing to me, and the fact that you became attached to each and everyone of those little pixelated people!

The hardest part was trying to get my mom to agree to buying it for me. :stuck_out_tongue: In her eyes I was still young and impressionable, which was in some aspects true. I remember telling her of all the skills you could learn, that you could get abducted by aliens, and a whole bunch of cool stuff before I mumbled the fact that you could start families. To make a long story short, I wore her down eventually and she agreed to getting me the base game, but not the two expansions that were out. Which bummed me out a little, but I still considered it a victory. I ended up buying University for myself once I was at least a Junior in highschool (to which she still frowned at silly enough) and only just recently got to play Nightlife after the Ultimate Collection was offered through Origin. :smiley:

After that day I never turned back. I am indeed a sims addict! I'll never forget the first time playing the magic that was The Sims 2!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My most magical moment was when I played TS3 Supernatural for the first time and entered that BEAUTIFUL alchemy shop! My Sims have spend hours and hours there, discovering potions, collecting honey and butterflys and listening to classical music from the old gramophone. Never before and afterwards has the illusions of diving into a different, magical world been so strong.
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    I have so many moments I can't even explain.

The first time I played the sims was when my sister told me about it, she was like "yeah you can create people, build their homes and give them jobs" little did I know after I played I would be totally addicted into buying expansion packs and telling my sister I got them....it was our thing.

When sims 2 came out I brought it and teased my sister of all the new things we can do in it but we always wanted an open world in our game because we thought it was better and then BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Sims 3 came out, I was bragging to my sister about it because she couldn't play but it was amazing that we got something brand new "OPEN WORLD" and even though it had problems the open world was the best for me and just seeing my sims.

Now with the sims 4......we have better tools......ta daaaaa!!!!

But I Still the love the game as a whole so even if this doesn't do well, I hope the sims team doesn't give up. The sims are major, allowing us to live our fantasy lives in the game lol...Be you or become someone else with THE SIMS. GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Best memory...my male fairy getting abducted in sims 3 & getting pregnant. Turned out to be a lovely little half fae/alien sim :) ontop of everything else I have had so many fun time's in the sims 2/3. I would hope that in the near future that sims 4 can catch my attention further more, because it's a game I find so much joy in & more so enjoy the quirk's & up side down's of what the sims do in their life.
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • stephrockstarstephrockstar Posts: 10 New Member
    The best memory of the sims is when I ask my mom if I could buy the sims 3 and she said yes. After a year of begging because, she didn't think it was appropriate for a 11 year old at the time (2011).

Also a great memory is playing sims at my friends house because, I wasn't aloud to buy the game. I even made a sims 3 account on the exchange, even thought I never had the game! I made the account just to look at all the sims and creations in the exchange.

Lastly, when I found out that I got the demo in my origin! I was literally flipping out.
    Thank you Sims creators for making a kick butt game that'll never get old.
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    I've been really enjoying reading about different simmers' experiences.
    Here are some of
    (*) My Magic Moments from the last 15 years (*)

#1 My dearest Chelsea was born - my lovely cat, my devoted friend, my inspiration. She tries to be always with me. Now she's lying almost on the keyboard, making my typing extremely hard - but I'm used to that ;)
    She was the first creation that I shared in the Sims3 Exchange. She's my user's name - Chelsea is her real name, not mine. You can usually see her in my avi.
    I've just realised that my favourite game and my favourite pet are of the same age

So Chelsea in The Sims Unleashed
    LuslkYFEC8Y.jpg
    in The Sims 2
    lezg6mhzypa0.jpg
    in The Sims 3
    everyday_original.jpg
    waiting for her avi in The Sims4
    pH69WEL9OLQ2P.png
    #2 I bought The Sims for my children. I thought it was great for them, but there must be some magic spell included into the game - and I hadn't noticed, how I got SIMaholic. *(I'm still suffering from this incurable disease) :disagree:
    A timetable was made, but it didn't prevent us from bitter quarrels: "It's MY turn to play!" - "No! Look! I have 5 MINUTES left!" (I started saving money for a new computer then - so, The Sims improve my life) :joy:

A funny story happened then:
    Those, who play without cheats, know how difficult it is to make friends. I did play without cheats then o:)not now >:)
    So once I befriended a neighbour, saved the game, hoping for my sim being promoted next day - and let my son to the game. Soon after that I heard him crying: "Sorry Mum! I burnt your friend!" I hurried to him. He was telling me how he invited my friend, started a firework and... I was just staring at the screen - My friend, my hope - was now just ashes :weary: I gave a bloodcurdling yell "NO-O-O-O-O!!!" and hit quit without saving immediately. Now it was my son's turn to yell "NO-O-O-O-O!!!" He got furious, started the game again and killed my friend - this time ON PURPOSE :rage:
    We've never played in the same save since then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    #3 I bought The Sims 2. I began creating even more than playing. I recoloured my sims' clothes and hair with BodyShop, made my own walls and floors with HomeCrafter... I even made my own Neighborhood with my own sims and lots.
    Here's my Wonderland (crazy, isn't it? :mrgreen: )
    z7ots3kpef48.bmp
    #4 The Sims 3 came to my life. And so did the Internet. Yes, I used to be scared of WWW, believing that it was nothing but spam, viruses and bad videos :fearful: My son wasn't able to persuade me, even though all his friends already had the Internet.
    But now, on the box with the game I was reading: "requires Internet connection". I had to give in :triumph:
    Nowadays I can't imagine my life without surfing the Internet. So, The Sims means progress personally for me :sweat_smile:

I met a lot of wonderful people here <3 and soon after joining the society, I wrote in my "About Me":
    Visiting other people's Pages I see how different we are: different languages, different countries, different ages, different interests. Some like vampires, others love unicorns; some are against CC, others look for cheat codes; some create loads of beautiful styles, others just enjoy playing. But there's one thing which makes all of us SIMilar - The Sims. We are of different nationalities in real world but here we're all Simmers. So, happy Simming!
    #5 My grandchildren were born.
    Just one sentence - they're adorable. :heart_eyes: No more information, no photos. Sorry, I'm a bit superstitious :pensive:

#6 My children presented me the Sims 4. Frankly, I may be the only one who wasn't dreaming of the next Sims - I've been absolutely happy with my Sims 3 - fairies and unicorns, mermaids and Bonehilda, university and seasonal holidays, mummies and plumbots... I haven't studied all the opportunities of this marvellous game yet :disappointed_relieved:

But when I saw the Gameplay Trailer, I couldn't resist and implied my children what present I was dreaming of. I've never regretted that.
    Yes, I'm waiting for some things to be added to The Sims 4. But the game is improving constantly, getting better and better.

Today I know
    HOW TO MAKE A PANDA IN THE SIMS 4
    0fvtjb3rbn3e.png

Now I'm running myself ragged between The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. In addition I returned to my Sims 2 some time ago. I wish I had much more free time :grin:

In conclusion, I'd like to say BIG THANK YOU to Will Wright for inventing The Sims - the best game ever - and to everyone who took part in creating all The Sims games <3

LONG LIVE THE SIMS!

PS: Sorry for being so terribly talkative :flushed: But old ladies love sharing memories :blush:
    MaryJos wrote: »

I actually bought a whole new computer last year just for the Sims (though I use it for other things). No regrets whatsoever!

LOL Same here :mrgreen:
  • Junebug6620Junebug6620 Posts: 418 Member
    I remember my excitment in waiting for the first Sims to release. I was so excited when I actually had it in my hands!
    I remember I played most of the night, and ended up calling in sick the next day for work; just so that I could spend more time examining every nuance and feature of the game. I am excited with each new version of the Sims; though never so much as that first time.
    That truly is a happy memory for me!

My second best memory would be when the Open for Business expansion pack released.
    I really loved being able to own your own business; from the set-up to the hiring and selling of everything.
    My favorite shop was the flower shop. I do so wish they would bring that back--or maybe a bakery, or antiques.
    Wouldn't that be fun?! :)
  • tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited January 2015
    One of my most favourite and bittersweet memories comes from TS2. I'd created a couple in CAS and set them up in a new starter home in Pleasantview. I'd really gone to town on the most expensive items of furniture I could afford and was planning on keeping that level of comfort going. I mean, just because they lived in a starter home didn't mean they couldn't enjoy life, right? :D After a while I thought they'd try for a baby. Together they happily got down to it, but literally right after their moment of passion the husband climbed out of bed and collapsed onto the floor of starvation. I hadn't been paying much attention to his needs!
    Poor Verity begged for her husband's life, but the Grim Reaper refused. A penniless widow in adulthood, and a pregnant one at that, did not make for an easy next few days. She had no job - her husband had been the sole provider - so I was forced to sell items of furniture one by one to keep her going. She needed a crib? I sold the armchair. The groceries needed restocking? I got rid of the dining table. Soon the time came for Verity to give birth, and to my shock she was pregnant with twins! I wasn't best pleased as twins could be troublesome with two parents, but determined to make the best of it I moved Verity out of the house and into an empty lot. The family's financial situation was dire and there was no money to pay for a second crib, so I figured if they didn't have to pay for walls there'd be more money for living with.

And I was right! Suddenly they could afford things! Granted they lived in what was effectively a field, but they had stuff. ;-) Verity devoted herself to her boys. She taught them everything, helped them with homework, and was always there for them. When they were old enough she got a job, the plan being to finally build an actual house. Verity had now aged to an elder and I wanted her to relax for her final years, while the boys had made it past the difficult years and were now teens. Life was on the up! But remember, what goes up must come down.

All it took to destroy everything was one simple breakfast. The boys had gone to school and Verity was cooking herself breakfast. Suddenly her carpool turned up, and so autonomously she climbed in and went to work. I hadn't noticed at the time but she'd left the food in the oven. Soon it began to smoke, and then suddenly the oven erupted into flames. I couldn't believe it - but there was nothing I could do! No fire alarm and no one on the lot to call the fire service. Aghast I watched as the fire began devouring everything. All that scrimping and saving was slowly being reduced to ash. It wasn't long until the twins arrived home, but still I could do nothing because the fire had burnt the phone to a crisp! I instructed one twin to extinguish the fire while I tried to keep the other one distracted and away from danger. I thought it might work, but inevitably he was engulfed. I still couldn't believe what was happening, and I didn't know what the best course of action was. I tried to keep the safe twin away but he was constantly panicking and running right to the fire. Eventually I thought enough was enough and instructed him to extinguish his brother. It appeared to be working, until suddenly the fire spread and engulfed him too. I watched in horror, powerless to do anything, as both twins slowly burnt to death. It wasn't long until the ever familiar Grim Reaper returned and claimed both their lives. He left, leaving behind a dying fire and piles of smoldering ash.

All went quiet.

In the early evening Verity returned from work, alone. I can remember she stood on the sidewalk and wept and wept. Nothing left except ash and memories.

I saved the game.

It wasn't how I envisioned the story when I started out, but the game added its own twists and developments, and this was the unexpected ending. That is what I love about The Sims.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    The magical moment for me in the last 15 years is that things I created, took place and happened in The Sims series I played became a reality in real life. It unfolded before my very eyes and what I played in the game happened in real life and I control it myself. Amazing!
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    The sims 2 moments. skipping school/work for it, waking up till late just enjoying my sims 2, dreaming about it, thinking about it all day, connecting all my daily activities to it in order to get more inspiration what i could do next with my fav family in the sims 2. I enjoyed so much the exploring what this new game could bring us and it surprised me every day! I played for months and then years straight and never got bored!

The most magic moment was when i started the sims 2 game, hearing the awesome music, new style, nice colors, big changes and expanded features! When i saw the neighborhood i choose my favorite house and the fact that it felt like reality was the most perfect moment for me in the entire sims history!
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    My favorite moment is in TS2 when my tired sims are really hungry and sit down to eat. I watch them just so I can see their heads bob watch them faceplant in the plate. It's absolutely hysterical when then wake and look around to see if anyone is watching.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • JamberssJamberss Posts: 14 New Member
    I'd guess my favorite moment would be in the Sims 2 pets for Playstation 2 when I moved all my stuff outside so that I could use a rocket bench in my house. I accidentally killed everyone who had come round for a party that night.
  • SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    My magical moment was when I discovered the color wheel in Sims3, and I could change the color of all most anything to the color I wanted. I wish you had left that in for Sims4, as it is the one thing I miss the most.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Some of my most magic moments have happened by reading stories written by other Simmers--from wild and crazy TS2 stories to touching and magical TS4 stories, currently my favorite reading moments are connected with SimsLit.

One of my most magic moments was Plum Day, when some of my Sims hosted a big week-and-a-half-long party with guests from other Simmers here at the Forums, whose Sims I downloaded from the Gallery and hosted during the party. The story of the party was posted on my blog, so everybody got to see their Sims having fun.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Mfaw81PMfaw81P Posts: 114 Member
    Sims 1 - I let my roommate play the game, and discovered that she enjoyed torturing her sims and creating love triangles!

Sims 2 - I was so excited for genetics and babies growing up into toddlers/children/teenagers/adults. This was a huge change from Sims 1 where they stayed stuck as children for the rest of their lives! I also fell in love with Open for Business and probably spent too much time devoted to my bakery.

Sims 3 - Being able to recolor EVERYTHING (or nearly everything), and being able to wander around the town freely, and the sims had more complicated personalities!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top