Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell us your Magic Moments from the last 15 years

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I ate a snowman. The next door neighbour had built it in their front garden - he was a big fat one. I had some strawberry syrup stuff (I got that from the kitchen cupboard) that comes in a bottle (the stuff you squirt on ice cream) - I was squirting the strawberry stuff on the snowman and eating him. I did this late at night when I should have been in bed.

Well, in truth, I didn't eat all of him - but he was missing most of one of his 'arms' - sort of - they kind of moulded his arms out of the snow, rather than put twigs in the side of him.

I'd eaten snow before - but never tried eating a snowman. The strawberry syrup stuff made it easier to eat a fair size chunk out of him. I never tried eating another snowman after that - so I guess it counts as a one-off.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Mine happened in 2009, when I took my sim Downtown to a bar so she can meet some friends and a partner (she had just recently aged up into an adult). One of the guys caught her eyes so I had to test my chance (he was pretty decent looking too, nowhere near the other ugly townies). She flirted with him, he accepted her advances when suddenly his wife goes up to my sim and slaps her for attempting to steal her man. Just a few seconds after she gets slapped, that darned witch Mrs. Crumplebottom lectures her and then beats her with her purse. A short while later the Unsavory Charlatan shows up and serenades her and, as usual, she beats him up again. The reaction was priceless.
    I honestly wish stuff like this would happen in TS3/TS4. It's events like this that make me love playing.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Because this thread deserves it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhGEipeecGE
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Can we post the picture here or only write?

Write here and post pic. If we decide to use it, we will get in touch to get the hi-res version of the image. This forum compresses all images so the quality isn't great.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    I've played on and off since Sims 1, but my magic moment came with Sims 3. I'd been playing Sims 2 on my laptop, until it failed. I had a break until I could get a new computer, but unfortunately could never get the computer and my games to play well together. I couldn't afford a better one, and didn't understand about upgrading, so resigned myself to not being able to play. When they announced Sims 3 and I watched the trailer I was so excited. Unfortunately I was still using the subpar computer, with no chance of being able to play it. So I just kept watching the trailers, and reading everything I could online.

Fast forward to the end of 2012, and I finally had a new laptop. I remember getting the game on Christmas Eve and hoping it would play ok. I was so happy that it worked, and I've never looked back.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    kimmyfrmtxkimmyfrmtx Posts: 140 Member
    Way back in the day I remember playing SimCity, something happened and I needed to reload it but the disk wouldn't work. My son gave me his copy of The Sims and a love affair was born. I would sit in the dark playing that game and I would be totally lost in it. Eventually I would realize it was 3am and I had to be up for taking said son to school and go to work myself. I would force myself to sleep a few hours, wish the day would hurry up so I could get home to my precious sims. I would cook dinner with my sims running nearby. I felt like I was in the game itself, a snug little world where all was well!

Then 2 came out, so many new things to do, new sims to create. Loved it when the sim would look at me, the faces they would make to let me know how they really felt about the command I just gave them, priceless.

3 was probably the worst, with all the custom content I was able to make sims that looked like real people I knew. I would be at the grocery store and see someone that looked like one of my sims or that would make a great looking sim (yeah I was hooked).

It is a little early for 4 and I find it a little hard to lose myself in it the way I have previous series.

The sims 4: I give up.
    Maxis and EA have killed the sims. RIP
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    My special moment was getting The Sims (1) for my birthday from my mom.
    I had wished for a barbie game and was very angry to get a totally different game i had never heart of before. I started playing it and since i was only allowed to play one hour per day, i spent the next 23 hours thinking about how i could earn enough money to get a lava lamp for my sims. I was so fascinated! I have always been a loyal fan since this day.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2015
    I first started playing Spore when it came out, then I played Spore on the Wii... then, wanting to play some more and use my imagination to create people, I started to read about whats the Sims Series is. I love avatar makers and everything so I decided that I would try Sims. I did some research on what games to get and settled on Sims 3.

I bought Sims 3 a year ago or so... and I have been loving it. The most magical moment was making my own family in Sims 3, my real life family including my brother who has passed away.

The very first sim I made was a character of mine that I had been struggling to draw and design with avatar makers. His simself makes such a great story.

Also, I got into family play and loved it in Sims 3. I was never more excited to play Sims 3 and boot up the game and hear the "zhu zhu" with the plumbob. I've played Sims 3 in so many places... when I went to Portugal, it was horribly rainy so I sat down and played Sims 3 that day. I played Sims 3 on the flight back home. In one year I have logged 593 hours. Every second has just been magical. As magical as Supernatural!

Sims 4 offers another amazing opportunity, to create even wackier characters who have their own walkstyles! My friends love to play Sims with me, so I bring my laptop out in public and we just sit in the open with everyone wondering what we are doing. It's so much fun!

Congratulations on 15 years of a great series. Hoping to see Sims 4 grow and get even better!

Edit: The night I first played Sims 3 I had Supernatural installed as well. I spent hours gasping at the animation, like the cooking, relaxing on a bed and even my sim peeing. It was fantastic!
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited January 2015
    Magic moment? Wow. I've had so many.

#1 Freshman year of college I would leave the game (Sims 1) running all day while I was at work and it wouldn't crash so I could always pick up where I left off. The game was the first time a game actually did what I always thought I wanted in my head. There were other games out that would let you direct the characters, but the options were limited - no woohoo, no families, no babies. Sims 1 let me be the boss for the first time ever. And it was stable.

#2 After college, Sims 2 came out and it was even better than 1 and arguably the best in the series even now. I played the Brokes, Pleasants, Don Lothario, the Calientes. I used to love hooking my Sims up with the maids which were the best the game has ever offered. I loved making alternate endings for every family and I would love to have Kaylynn Langerak back. The families from 2 were easy to attach to and I genuinely cared about making their lives great or chaotic. And I loved playing with genetics and the ease and safety of using CC hairs back then. One of my very first Sims was a Lotharioesque guy that I made impregnate everyone I could just to see how the kids would look. And I loved that my families remembered events I actually cared for them to remember. I was hooked on storytelling as well. And then there was Sims 2 University which was very well implemented. For the first time there were young adults and group aging and worthwhile education. Every expansion made the game richer and they were must haves.

#3 - Base game Sims 3 comes along and the open world was amazing even though I wasn't much for exploring or collecting without a purpose. Once World Adventures and Generations came along, my game felt complete. Genetics were still kind of fun but my Sims didn't look as related as they did in Sims 2. I most enjoyed the base game characters and they felt the most fleshed out. I loved the effort put into store content and am still learning the game after all these years.

#4 With 4, I'm just glad it runs on my computer with 2 and 3 still installed. And I love gardening again after greenhouses and weather in 3 made gardening tedious. My first Sims 3 Sim I uploaded to the exchange was a master gardener with every perfect plant. So for 4, being able to enjoy gardening again was magic for me. I want them all together, the charm and thoroughness of Sims 2 and the ability to get attached to the Sims because they recognize family and truly remember, the beauty of Sims 3 worlds, the novelty of Sims 1 and being able to do something no other games do and, well, 4 is still growing on me but I admit I haven't quite found its true magic yet.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    ArdatnbrArdatnbr Posts: 19 New Member
    The Sims is my life...
  • Options
    jkstensjkstens Posts: 3,685 Member
    I first started playing The Sims when it first came out and I was about ten years old. My parents divorced a few years before that and I always struggled with going to my dad's house for his visitation every Sunday night. My dad and I have never really seen eye to eye and he's not the nicest or friendliest, so I absolutely hated going there. It also didn't help that he lived out in the country on a farm, so it was just me, my brother, and my dad! He refused to have cable and he always picked what to watch on television, so we pretty much were only able to watch the news. One thing that helped was when my dad purchased a computer and I was able to hide away in the office playing The Sims for hours at a time. It made my time there so much more enjoyable, because I didn't feel so alone. I really am thankful that I had The Sims as an outlet to help me get through those nights!

Sorry to be so sappy, but it's true! If for some reason this were to be used, I wouldn't want my name or screen name posted to it.
  • Options
    ObsidianMyst78ObsidianMyst78 Posts: 308 Member
    15 years is a long time to be playing a game!

My best memory was the release of The Sims 3! My now husband and I were on vacation in New Orleans and I was so excited to play the new installment that on our last day there (the day the game was released) I stopped off at a mall to buy a copy; I couldn't wait one more day until we got home!! My laptop wasn't able to allow me to fully play the game but I spent my last night in New Orleans sitting in the hotel checking out the new look of The Sims 3 and creating new sims.
    View my builds HERE.
    Gallery ID: RAINE78 or click HERE
    [img][/img]16960920500_af39128c74_o.jpgSims Homes by raines_secret, on Flickr

• Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    I was around 10 when I was first introduced to The Sims 1 by my older brother. It was like nothing I have ever played before and after that I have been hooked to The Sims series.

My first magic moment was of course to be able to play it myself and create my own families with their little houses. My second moment was to see the The Sims 2 trailer and then being blown away by the intro movie when I got The Sims 2 for the first time! I re-watched it so many times and enjoyed that game like no other. Ahh, the memories!

Does it count when it comes to the console games? Because my third magic moment was playing The Sims games on Playstation and Gamecube with multiplayer! Playing together with others was a refreshing and great experience to me and my friends/family. We could work together, but also work against each other. We had tons of fun! It would be a dream come true if we got this for the PC version of The Sims since it would allow for more things to do and explore. Of course it would have to be optional like it was for the console version, with direct connection or a private host type of thing - it would definitely bring the PC series to a new level.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited January 2015
    The Sims 2 was the first game I'd ever played that truly had me addicted. Time would fly and next thing I knew dinner was ready, or it was time for bed. It also helped me to cope with some of the more difficult times in my life. I loved all of the small touches the games had, and the stuff packs were truly fun for me.

I did play a little bit of The Sims 1, but only at the tail end of it, unfortunately.

The Sims 3 allowed my creativity and love of design to really shine--it too helped me cope with some hardships, but even more so as a stress relief from college. Though the store and some other things were a bit too money-hungry/lacking in retrospect, I still think that The Sims 3 raised the bar on what I enjoyed as a Simmer.

I just bought The Sims 4 a few days ago, but I can already tell it's going to be an exciting new addition to the series--hopefully it becomes a mixture of what everyone has loved (or, at least what I have) from all of the games! :)

P.S. Thank you all for your hard work, creative minds, and your willingness to talk and connect with us. It really means a lot to know that you care, that you are human too. I know that we can be a passionate, opinionated bunch, but we truly love this series, whether we've been with it from the start or anywhere in between, and I think that most people just want their hobby to be the best it can be (and their money well spent). At the end of the day, though, we do appreciate your efforts! <3
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Here's a few pictures from my town legacy challenge game in Winfield.
    Here's where Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch live with their cat Katy.They're one of the families I play in Winfield though I was actually playing another family.
    16059055800_0153cbbe60_z.jpg
    Here's Lee king with her dog Spot and I wasn't playing them either when I took this picture.
    16246450125_c646c8dc23_z.jpg
    Here's Eli Jankowsky with her husband Ami and their horse Racer at their house.
    16220548896_ef4743ef95_z.jpg
    Here's the Campbell family.Des had her husband Ashley and their little girl Sandi who's still a toddler.
    16059064690_53c871d18b_z.jpg
    Here's their main shopping center called Garden Market.I built it and used rabbit hole rugs in the basement for the rabbit holes.
    16060310279_4fcf574446_z.jpg
    Here's Winfield's Civic Plaza which is also built and uses rabbit hole rugs for the rabbit holes.
    16246439975_78f2a94010_z.jpg
    I play this game in a custom world I made in CAW which was my first world using a blank terrain and sculpting it myself from scratch.I made two other worlds in CAW and use them for two of my other games and play another game in another custom world I downloaded from the Exchange.I tried playing without Mods when I first got the game though it didn't work out very well and I was forced to get into Mods if I wanted to keep playing.I play the towns in each of my games because the worlds all start out unpopulated in new games.
    I've also enjoyed TS2 on my old computer and played TS1 on our family's computer before it crashed.I hope to finish buying the TS3 packs I still don't have on disks and an external hard drive so I can have TS4 without uninstalling anything for it. 1.gif28.gif
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Southworth0Southworth0 Posts: 1 New Member
    My magical moment, the day I discovered the Sims. I've been addicted eversince. (Help me!)
  • Options
    ClaericClaeric Posts: 17 Member
    I doubt this is something that would be shared on the site, but I want to share it anyway.

The original Sims came out when I was 10. After a while, two of my male sims became good friends...and I realized they could kiss. So I let them kiss.

It didn't... Really mean anything. It was just boys kissing. I didn't realize it meant anything or was anything strange. I never really played a female sim ever again. I always made boys, and if they were friends enough, I would let them kiss and hug and when Hot Date came out, go on dates.

It made me happy, in my heart. I felt warm and, as weird as it sounds, safe. Not that male/female sim couples felt dangerous. It just felt nice.

Sexuality at that age doesn't really mean anything. When I saw them kiss I felt like I imagine straight people feel the first time they see a kiss in a movie or something. Nothing like that ever hit me in any way whatsoever. Then one day my sim could kiss his best buddy, and I had them kiss, and it meant something I didn't understand.

I think that might be a part of why people don't understand why there's a "need" for gay options in games with straight options. Straight options are not the same. The impact and emotional investment just is not there. When a straight person sees that kiss in that movie for the first time and it really hits them on a personal level, they take that for granted. It's normal for them. They're always experiencing it. But that was the first time I experienced the idea of two men in a relationship as more than friends, connecting on a much more significant level.

And I think if that hadn't happened, it would've been a lot harder for me, a few years later, to deal with the reality of my own sexuality. The Sims is very important to me in part because it helped me realize my sexuality before I even knew what sexuality was. It broke down the barrier of male/female relationships being all there was, in all media I encountered, and without that who knows when I would've figured it out?
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I'm not sure if it's considered a "magic moment" but it's certainly one of my absolute favorite moments from playing the Sims, so here goes! :smiley:

I got Sims 2 for PC not long after it came out, as a gift. I think I may have been maybe in middle school and I was hooked. My younger sister, who was in maybe third or fourth grade liked watching me play. One day we decided we'd figure out how to play together, since it was a one player game. So, we ended up taking turns caring for Sims we made for ourselves for a whole Sim day, unless our the other's Sim needed something then we'd allow the other to jump in, take care of her, and switch back. Anyway, after a few real-life days of this back and forth, my sister's Sim had gotten married. Had a lovely little wedding with a few neighbors and her sister Sim (mine). It was nice, my little sister liked planning it and she liked Daniel (she stole him from Mary-Sue haha). The night of their wedding just before they cut the cake Daniel turned into an old man. My sister was so horrified! I found it hilarious~ She didn't want an "old man husband" so Daniel might've had a little accident >_> Needless to say, the next day she found out her Sim was having a baby but was also EXTREMELY depressed over the loss of Daniel. So my sister had SUUUUUUCH a hard time taking care of her Sim. She refused to eat and cried often, but let's face it who wouldn't. I think after that my sister gave up out of frustration! XD But I will forever remember that, and she does too, as a great bonding moment full of frustration and hilarity!

So, thanks Sims~ Still enjoying the game today! :3 Keep it up!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    TheSimTara1310TheSimTara1310 Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 1:
    The Picnic Basket -- Love the animations. So Funny

Sims 2:
    Dating and proposing while dining in a restaurant.
    The entire OFB expansion pack.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    My favourite Sims moment has to be shortly after I installed Sims 3 Supernatural. I made this couple, he was a werewolf in the secret agent career, his wife was human. They went on to have 6 kids. The youngest, Verity, was a toddler. She was a bit of a diva, and she started having a tantrum while stuck in the high chair. Her mum took a while to let her out (think she was cooking), and suddenly Verity spontaneously turned full on werewolf, because she was in such a foul mood. I didn't know toddlers could change. She was unharmed, and grew up to be a famous singer, married an alchemist, and had two boys and a Simbot.
  • Options
    JelisaJelisa Posts: 86 Member
    Well... in real life, that would be the births of my 2 children and seeing them grow up to what they are now. They are only 5 and 8 years old, so some more magical moments to come...and well, I'm glad they did have a toddler stage, I wouldn't want them to grow from the bassinet straight into what my older daughter is now (a great kid, but I would have missed a lot ;) )

In the Sims... I wouldn't talk of "magic moments" , because a game just isn't that important to me in my life, but I really enjoyed Sims 2. I loved the family play, I loved the details, I loved the funny stuff (like the dancing with the mop or cuddling the bag of flour or whatever it was that failing to meet your aspiration connected wishes caused :D ) . I loved how they could have dates in restaurants, actually be seated and served.
    I started with Sims 1 , and when my friend got Sims 2 and I saw the toddlers being made, that was actually the moment when I decided to buy it, because it was just so cute. I liked the "magic milk" and the nursery rhymes/songs the little ones could learn. It was great when they escaped their beds or played in the toilet. It was even more great seeing my own kids do that a few years later. *lol*

In Sims 3 it was the open world and the possibilities of costumization that had me at awe, but it wasn't as exciting to start playing this one as it was to start playing The Sims 2. :)

In Sims 4 it's multitasking and funny stuff that comes along with emotions. The CAS was is finally what I hoped it to be in Sims 3 (as other games already featured that "drag the bodypart" way of creating characters). Btw... it's unrealistic that really overweight Sims don't have double-chins, I'd suggest you make that option for CAS. ;)
    I think this game has a potential of becoming more like Sims 2 than Sims 3 and I really hope that happens, because in my opinion Sims 2 was the greatest game of the series, so far, but Sims 4 can catch up. :)
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    My magical sims moment came up in sims 4. I'm a active user from the community there and till the time this moment happened, I was already known in the community. But then, it was at the beginning of december 2014, I posted a new sim named Marina McBeth. She was a teenager and was the protagonist of my runaway teen challenge. I posted her and after one day, it already 100 downloads, but the most incredible thing happened one week later when I came back from boarding school. I looked at the game and saw: 1000 downloads. It was just "Oh... My... Godness!". Till now she reached 2000 download, and I'm proud of it :D Hope in the future to create things which the community users like :)
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    My most memorable Sims moments? When I'd have a bad day at work or things weren't going well in general, I would come home and play The Sims 1. The music was so calming (especially in neighborhood view) and the game was so enjoyable, it would totally relax me.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Getting The Sims 2 at Uni. All six of us housemates recreated our Simselves and the house we lived in and left it running. The funny part was how spooky we all got along or not ;)
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    The first time I hard the creepy music I had everything working against me. My daughter who was almost two at the time was sleeping on the sofa in the living room because she was sick and I wanted her near me. The sound of her congested breathing was already creepy. The only light I had on was the one over the stove. The sound of my daughter's breathing had stopped. Worried I turned to get up and go check on her. Just before I could stand up, the creepy death music came on and I screamed. (Not the greatest of music to start playing when the thought of "OMG she stopped breathing" is in your head.) My daughter woke up crying from my scream. Needless to say she was fine, but that that was my first experience hearing that death music!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top