The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tell us your Magic Moments from the last 15 years

Comments

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2015
    That beautiful moment is when The Sims franchise found me and I haven't looked back since! I'm a true Aussie Simmer! :smiley:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been having a lot of fun playing a town legacy challenge with the help of a trainload of Mods to allow me to play the town in rotation like in TS2.I've got a legacy where one of my families had twins after the sim was pregnant for 30 days because I used a Mod to change it.There's another one about to have a baby in that game and two other households that have to wait because the residents in one household are both ten year old kids and they have to grow up first.The girl there lost her parents and let a boy move in with her though they use a bunk bed.I use a story progression Mod to replace the glitched EA version which wrecked my older games. 88.gif31.gif
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    When I saw the TS2 trailer in the Makin' Magic disc back in 2003, I was positively ecstatic. I learned that it was due in 2004, and I was so excited in the months that followed until September 2014. The day I got the game was possibly the happiest moment in my life so far.

I suppose one magic moment in the Sims is seeing Sunset Valley's night sky for the first time in 2009. I was floored by the impressive visual detail. There was the number of stars and how they moved across the sky. The atmosphere was fantastic, and the lighthouse was a nice touch.
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ArubianaCalienteArubianaCaliente Posts: 448 Member
    edited January 2015
    My best Sims moment has to be the first time I played The Sims 1. I sat down to play around 7pm, the next time I looked at the clock it was 7am.
    Post edited by ArubianaCaliente on
    Please check out my Youtube channel, thanks! https://youtube.com/user/RubySimsFatale
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I have been simming since TS1. I often played the Mashuga family from TS1. One day while playing that household, Frankie Mashuga was using the telescope. Not really paying attention and then I notice he was getting sucked up. I had no clue what was happening and it freaked me out. His wife Sylvia Mashuga ran out and started crying when he disappeared. Well since I didn't know sims could get abducted, I thought he was gone for good. Feeling bad for Sylvia I quickly set up her up with someone new. Frankie did eventually arrive back home 8 hrs later and found his wife with her new boyfriend. Very awkward but still one of my favorite memories.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • praxis22praxis22 Posts: 19 Member
    Sims1: Probably that my Sims spent mornings loafing around the kitchen talking to the Butler, then afternoons playing music, and evenings in the hottub. They were both recovering drug addicts, (experimental mod) and would pine for it at odd moments, they were well suited to each other. I also loved the sparse piano music of the build mode.

Sims2: The best Sims game IMO, 3&4 included. NSFW this one, but I found one way to make money was to run a brothel, where townies would be "serviced" on the top floor of the house. The girls were resident, and only worked certain hours. They never slept, but they would eat & chat with the other family members, and then play video games, two would sit down and play at any one time, while the rest of the house would gather round behind the sofa, watch and cheer! It was amazing to watch such emergent behaviour. I really loved the interior design meta-game on that one.

Sims3: OK, but I never really got into it that much, the homeless Sim that you could download after the heartbreaking web story, (Alice?) I made sure she had a good life, raised a family on a tropical island, etc.

Sims4: Ongoing, and besides the delight at the new "smart" behaviour, I've yet to really experiment. Just doing the usual fixing odd behaviour, adding new mods & sims, etc. I'm quite amused that once I made one Sim very good at comedy & musical performance, the game used him as the resident comic/musician in the town bars when I wasn't playing that household. I'm kind to the bar staff as they're always so poorly motivated. I install beds kitchens and toilets, etc. so they can get some sleep & eat at work, etc. have others cover the bar :)
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    My most memorable Sims moment is 'something sad.' It was the day I changed my game settings to 'aging off'.

It happened one night when I was pre-occupied with one of my Sims, and hadn't noticed that their dear doggy had aged and chased that stick the Grim Reaper threw. I sat there in shock. I'd been feeding him 'the kibble of life' to keep his waggily-tailed joy around as long as possible, but his sudden departure was unexpected. I stared as his tomb stone appeared. I paused the game. Then I lost it. It started with just a few trickles down the cheeks. Before long, I was sobbing aloud painfully. My hubby came over to me to find out what was wrong.

"My Sim's dog just died!"

Instead of laughing at me, my hubby just held me and let me cry it all out.

In real life, we'd just had to put our old, sweet furry friend down a few days before.

When I finished crying, I went back to my game, took a deep breath, and hit save. I knew I could have quit the game, gone back and re-played it, but it was time to move on.

That sim family got a new dog, and we eventually did too! But I still play my game with 'aging off'.
  • LemurmurrLemurmurr Posts: 1 New Member
    My first game ended in tears, because after I made my beautiful family they all burned down due to cooker. There were only three handfuls of ashes. Can you imagine what I felt in the age of 8? Sims 2 changed my life.
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    My really magic moment was when I first played The Sims fifteen years ago (I stayed awake for more than 36 hours playing the first weekend), I couldn´t even almost believe what a wonderfull toy I had in my hands, anything was magic then for me and I fell in love with the sims for good, it was a love at first sight and it is still alive, TS2 brought more magic to it, TS3 opened my sims world and became my favourite, and I love the new sims also in spite of everything TS4 has made to them, but that magic moment when I played them for the first time OMG!!! I had to buy a new PC to play it because mine was not powerfull enough and crashed all the time (well not all the time but after a couple of hours playing...) but I bought it in a week and I played happily forever after...
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'll always remember the first time I played TS2 PC version. I started out on the console version and after playing a bit and liking the game, I did and internet search and found out that there was TS2 for the PC and it was a much deeper game than the console. So I went off to the store and got TS2 Deluxe. After installing it, I made 2 Sims; a husband and a wife. I got them moved into their house and immediately had them Try For a Baby because I was amazed that they could actually have babies in the PC version. So a few Sim days later, she went into labor and had TWINS which I didn't even know was possible! It was a rough few days and then I thought it would be a good idea for her to get pregnant again. With toddler twins and the pregnancy, the mom was constantly exhausted. I wouldn't keep her awake long enough to eat and she was always face planted in her plate of food. She ended up dying of starvation and I was stunned! I quickly learned how to cheat motives after that!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I have been playing since the Sims first came out. In TS1 The funniest moment was when my sim missed work a few times, he then got the call he was fired. He ran out of the house stomping his feet, all of the sudden he spontaneously combusted. It was so funny! My saddest moment was when my favorite sim Cindy died from the dreaded guinea pig disease. I was so sad I actually started to cry. My simply magic moment was when Making Magic came out. The very first time I saw that land it was an oh my gosh this is awesome!

TS2: I loved this Sim series the most. I loved the new look on my sims, that they now hands and an age stages. I liked being able to make families. There were so many heart warming moments with my sim families. I loved how my sims took care of their children. I liked having my sim parents give their toddlers a bath in the tub! I also loved how they would kiss their children good night.

TS3: My simply magic moment was no longer being stuck on my lot. I loved being able to explore the worlds. An amazing moment for me was when sim could buy a boat and swim in the ocean, have horses to ride and cars that went some place. I loved the beautiful world they lived in.

TS4: My amazing moment was when my sims husband came up and hugged her without being directed. it is really cute to watch how they interact with each other. Simply magic moment was my sim was out walking then stopped to talk to her friend. When the steam boat went past them it was simply beautiful! I like that my sims can do many different things at the same time.
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2015
    My first magic moment was when i met the game. That whole idea of controlling virtual people was insane and, at the same time, interesting. I started playing with the Chavaska family in The Sims 2. Lavaa was married to Anne Marie and they had a son named Luke. My most magical moment was when Margaret, Luke's wife, had their first daughter, Renata. The birth scene and the soundtrack of the moment touched me. It was the legacy of my family beginning to be built. I felt like their God. That's why i always say that The Sims is not just a game. :D
    Post edited by MAFEBISI on
  • windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »
    My favorite (and most terrifying) moment is when I got robbed by a burglar in TS1 and the tune scared the knickers off of me. To this day I can hear the tune just playing with every moment I get to think about The Sims.

Totally agree! I would get so scared when the burglar came XD
  • windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    I'd have to say my first experience of seeing The Sims. I was 10 years old, and my cousin had just bought a new game so I pulled up a chair and watched him play The Sims 1. He let me play it afterwards and I couldn't stop! 15 years later I still play, and it never gets old. :)
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited January 2015
    For me, its been less a moment and more a series of moments that has helped to strengthen and grown my family bond tighter. My younger brother and I had began do draw apart. No reason other than life, but sadly it was happening. His battery on his car died and he called me for a ride to college. That was the day I was introduced to Bob and Betty Newbie. Immediately I bought my own copy of The Sims (On my way from his school) and We actually began to grow closer again. At first, just because of our mutual love for the game and the things we could create for it.

Flashing forward, The Sims 2 came out. My mother was terminally ill and couldn't really leave the house. I remember the time we spent, my brother and I, with her playing the sims and watching one peculiar little vampire playing submarine in the empty bathtub.

With Sims 3, there were all the special moments with my own daughter. She actually began a love for reading because of the desire to know what those little dialogue bubbles said. :) There aren't so many memories associated with The Sims 4 yet, but time will tell. It always does, and I wouldn't trade the bonding my family and I have done over these silly little pixel people for anything.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I remember playing the SimCity franchise and thinking; "It would be so cool if you could play the people and design individual buildings". One of them (SimCity 3000 I think) had a trailer for TS1 and I couldn't believe it. I was so excited; "NO!, Seriously?! WooHoo!....eh, It probably won't be that great." I was actually expecting it to not happen but it did and I'm telling ya, I sat down and played and have been a junkie ever since.

A recent moment sticks in my mind due to a lovely object provided by TS4's Outdoor Retreat pack. One of my male sims started to ask his girlfriend to woohoo for the first time...and she farted.
    Of course it didn't phase him one bit and they commenced with the romance...Gotta love them franks and beans (or is it beans and franks?)

Wished I would have gotten a video. I lost it; I laughed so hard.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'd never been scared of a game before, but The Original Sims changed that for me. Each time I saw a ghost, I feared for my game, since it usually resulted in a blue screen on my computer. The most frustrating moment came from Sims 1 as well, since I couldn't have a baby in a large house. When the baby started to cry and my sim would start to walk over I would get the social worker to arrive by the time my sim reached the child. Thank the sim gods for Alfred, the butler!
  • thegiltreysthegiltreys Posts: 241 Member
    The most magical Sims moment for me was the day that Sims 3: Supernatural came out. The monsters in the games have always been my favorite part and this was truly a celebration of those fun lifestates.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My children played Sims 1 before I did, but by the time this story happened, I was playing too -- we had only the one computer at that time, so there was a lot of turn-taking, and nobody could play if I had to work. Well, what my kids (mostly my daughter) did in Sims 1 was to make our whole real-life family in Sims, though the baby had to be a child already. This was all great until the day one of the kids set off a rocket in the backyard and set their Sim-mom -- me -- on fire, and I died. It was traumatic. Fifteen years later, I'm still not allowed to even talk about making our family in my Sims game!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I really love playing the sims and had great times playing like feeling bad the first and only time I killed off a sim by drowning to fulfill the see his ghost wish of his girlfriend(used a genie get him back and kicked her to baby daddy's house).

But the silliest I ever got was watching the Season's Trailer for the first several times. It was like Christmas. The song was perfect. I just couldn't believe all the gameplay we were getting. The thought of doing different things different seasons was amazing. I watched it several times over the days till I got it. I've even watched it since. I must have looked like a child on Christmas morning seeing that favorite coveted toy. Mouth open, eyes wide, teary expression, the look of glee... :D
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    For me, its been less a moment and more a series of moments that has helped to strengthen and grown my family bond tighter. My younger brother and I had began do draw apart. No reason other than life, but sadly it was happening. His battery on his car died and he called me for a ride to college. That was the day I was introduced to Bob and Betty Newbie. Immediately I bought my own copy of The Sims (On my way from his school) and We actually began to grow closer again. At first, just because of our mutual love for the game and the things we could create for it.

Flashing forward, The Sims 2 came out. My mother was terminally ill and couldn't really leave the house. I remember the time we spent, my brother and I, with her playing the sims and watching one peculiar little vampire playing submarine in the empty bathtub.

With Sims 3, there were all the special moments with my own daughter. She actually began a love for reading because of the desire to know what those little dialogue bubbles said. :) There aren't so many memories associated with The Sims 4 yet, but time will tell. It always does, and I wouldn't trade the bonding my family and I have done over these silly little pixel people for anything.
    Awwww! Wow, that's awesome! Sniff... :'(<3
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    A moment that truly stands out to me, and is one that I will always remember is when Sims Pets:Unleashed was released over a decade ago. THAT was the game that changed my life, and I cant tell you why or how, but that game made little 8 year old me the happiest person in the world.

I distinctly remember when my older brother began buying the sims games and I would sit next to him, watching wide-eyed and envious.
    Then when he "outgrew" them and moved on to more aggressive boy games, I was given his copies of the sims expansion packs.

I was already madly in love with the franchise, but once Unleashed had been released, I just lost it. That game, to me, was so powerful and so entertaining.
    I mean, HOURS of entertainment.

The feeling I got when the game was installing and then when that bright blue screen popped up to signal it was loading....Ah words cannot describe.

Now, 15 years since the release of the Sims, I am still JUST as mesmerized and fascinated by the franchise.
    But Unleashed will always hold a special place in my sim-lovin heart. ;)
  • angelette1angelette1 Posts: 152 Member
    Well my sims journey didn't begin until mid 2007, when my grown daughter talked me into playing sims 2 on the ps2 with her. You see I'm bi-polar, plus I have many physical issues that cause constant pain. She had been telling me I needed something to do to get my mind off the pain, & to cheer myself up. She felt the sims would be perfect. I had never played any video game before, so I was a little nervous, but I gave it a try anyway. I'll never forget that first afternoon sitting there creating my very first sim, & my daughter saying, "Wow mom, you're really going to dress her like that!!!" ( I'm a conservative dresser in RL, but I put my sim in a mini skirt & halter. Lol ). Since then I've collected everything for the ps2, & everything I can get my hands on for sims, sims 2, & sims 3 on pc, & have now started on sims 4. I love this game, & will gladly admit I'm an addict! It's funny, but I've only been playing video games since '07, but my son, an avid gamer, now calls me 'an old gamer', because the sims is my all time favorite 'go to' game, but I've got others I play too. When I'm hurting bad, & depressed, I love nothing more than to play sims ( usually 3 ). I can give my sims a perfect, beautiful body, & perfect life like I don't have, or I can throw them a curve, & laugh while they have their temper tantrum & throw up their hands & fuss up at me!! ( so so funny! )
    Angelette Carter
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    When I think of a funny moment, it is always from the time I played Don Lothario in TS2. He'd arrived at the H&M store to go clothes shopping and immediately bumped into one of his 'lady friends' (of which he had many) - Nina Caliente. They greeted each other with a kiss and then I heard that 'boing' noise that signified betrayal/broken heart... next thing I knew, 4 or 5 other ladies were rushing out of the store towards Don and queuing up to slap his face!

I was in hysterics and it is something I will always remember. Pity I don't still have all my great TS2 screenshots.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top