Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    Currently building The Dead Marshes while Crowkeeper works on something very special for the world! :blush:
    tumblr_nqmbbpFP1T1tep20co5_r1_540.png
    tumblr_nqmbbpFP1T1tep20co1_r1_540.png
    tumblr_nqmbbpFP1T1tep20co3_540.png
    tumblr_nqmbbpFP1T1tep20co4_540.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    My son came over yesterday and we were watching the first of the Hobbit movies. I showed him the pics in the thread and he said that your world is worth playing the Sims. :) He is more of a Halo, sports gamer.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    My son came over yesterday and we were watching the first of the Hobbit movies. I showed him the pics in the thread and he said that your world is worth playing the Sims. :) He is more of a Halo, sports gamer.
    That's quite a compliment :wink: With this world, some specific mods and simmers in the actual theme I think The Sims can be a completely different game to play :blush:
    I have this map overview of the current world state:
    tumblr_nqmdf7kXFA1tep20co1_1280.png

• KATIEHICKYKATIEHICKY Posts: 14 New Member
    It looks cool
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Love the update :D
    @KATIEHICKY & @phoebebebe13 Thank you :blush: Here is another update on Mordor, which is mostly thanks to Crowkeeper (MTS) and her amazing building skills:

tumblr_nqn5o5Yexp1tep20co2_540.png
    tumblr_nqn5o5Yexp1tep20co3_500.png

Then a friendly soul on MTS made this actual Sauron eye! How cool is that? :wink:
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Gorgeous! :)
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Its really so cool!... Love it... :smiley:
  • KATIEHICKYKATIEHICKY Posts: 14 New Member
    Can you download it somewhere?
    your welcome and Mordor looks amazing.
    Thank you for all your kind words :blush::smiley: Makes me really happy! Unfortunately the world is not finished yet so it cannot be downloaded yet @KATIEHICKY but I will post a link here once it is finished. Hopefully before this summer is over :wink:

Oh and do any of you have any suggestions for what one might do with this bare area? Maybe some lake or woods or? The yellow line represents where stone walls will be.
    tumblr_nqnvdpzIcH1tep20co1_540.png
    edited June 2015
    Maybe an area to use the duke of bows venue where we can joust...or pretend to, have horse races? archery tournaments? Unless I missed that and you already have that in somewhere.
    I like the horse and archery idea above. How big is the area? Do you have a fae ray gardens type of lot or just the dome to search for fairy somewhere? I cant remember if you added one :p
    Wonderful ideas :blush: I will note them down and see what I can do :wink: Thank you. Here is some world update, as I am testing fog emitter effects in Mordor:
    tumblr_nqpggaVr1s1tep20co1_540.png
    tumblr_nqpggaVr1s1tep20co2_540.png
    While Crowkeeper and I are building our heads off, I wanted to update in here with some of the progress

Except from Crowkeepers amazing buildings, the new thing in Lake Town is the mountain edges on the left that seems much more natural now after reshaping. We are also in the process of adding ice blocks around the water, it looks great in game contrast the dark color the Lake town soil has :P
    DDxjDLZ.png
    tumblr_nqsrew7hIU1tep20co1_1280.png
    Here is a screenshot from Crowkeeper of how pretty Lake Town is at winter :)
    MTS_Crowkeeper-1544956-MTS_Crowkeeper-1544447-MTS_Crowkeeper-1542199-Screenshot-2.jpg
    Testing some Fog emitter effects in the updated Mordor area. We ended up changing most of Mordor to make it look just right :)
    tumblr_nqpggaVr1s1tep20co1_1280.png
    3qL4AHi.png
    I was never really happy with the reddish Misty mountains I had before. So I removed, reshaped and recolored the mountains again. Now I am much more satisfied with the result :) It will have snow fog emitter effects, so you can actually experience a travel here in a snow blizzard while searching for dwarven gold ;)
    y79vKlJ.jpg

I have vacation until August, so lots of time to build :) I can also reveal that Crowkeeper is working on something very special for that world! :mod:
    Cool I can't wait for the end result. .. ;)
    Just a world update! I am keeping most of my progress out of these threads, because then I have more time for building :wink: The world is getting closer and closer to be finished :blush: Just wanted to let you know that and thank you for the support :smiley:
    edited July 2015
    tumblr_nr400doPCB1tep20co4_r1_540.png
    tumblr_nr400doPCB1tep20co3_r1_540.png
    tumblr_nr400doPCB1tep20co2_r1_540.png
    Does anyone remember this amazing scene from The Lord Of The Rings?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Mtlklmna0
    In our upcoming Sims 3 world you can visit these Burial Mounds and watch the white flowers grow :-)
    @gaxili1 love the little pics of progress as much as the big ones. I'm still waiting for the big day, grand opening. If you need beta testers I'm open to that as well. I recently beta tested a world that was a bit too large for my puter, but, hubby let me do it on his lap tap which can handle large worlds. I've been collecting Elves and making Elves for the game. I need to turn my YA bekkasan avatar into an Elf. She has to be part of this world too.
    @bekkasan I am glad to hear that, thank you so much for the support and the kind words :blush: I will remember that :smile: I already have a few beta testers, but if someone declines I will be more than happy to have you beta test it :wink: I think the world is going to be playable even on regular laptops. Currently Middle Earth is only 2 MB larger than the world "The Shire" I released. So we will see :smile: I play on a low end laptop and I would like to play there myself too :wink: Oh I would love to see some of your elves! Perhaps you could post a screenie or two? :smiley:
    I can't wait for this... :smiley:
    I am glad @Alleenmens :smiley: I can tell you we have been working 7 days straight on this world now just for this summer, me and my cocreator Crowkeeper from MTS :blush: Today I managed to get the Burial grounds finished, give names and descriptions to all the lots as well as I have started to build Gondor. This will replace Belegost, if anyone remembers that from previous posts :smile:

tumblr_nr4mr1AYfW1tep20co1_540.png
    tumblr_nr4mr1AYfW1tep20co2_540.png
    Another Gondor update from this evening.. :smile:
    0rsbZw5.jpg
    And we managed to get white city walls.. :smiley:
    tumblr_nr5yv0oeiE1tep20co1_540.png
    tumblr_nr5yv0oeiE1tep20co2_540.png
    oh wow....loving it :)

Leave a Comment