Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited February 2015
    Here is Tauriel. They put it back up. http://modthesims.info/d/544583

She looks different than the one that was up before. I think I liked her other version better than this one but they took down the original so I can't compare.
  • Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    edited March 2015
    @phoebebebe13 Thank you for that useful link to Tauriel! She will fit well in with Thranduil in Mirkwood :blush: Yes HQ mods can sometimes be misleading, because the sim you end up with wouldn't look as detailed as shown in the downloads section.
    edited March 2015
    @Gaxili1

Your welcome on Tauriel. She has 2 traits that Tranduil does. I wonder what would happen there. !!! Thranduil is quite fun with the traits I gave him. I let him loose n the park and did not control him He likes to insult people and likes to check himself out in the mirror. Too funny.

I have never used HQ mods but I was told it should only be used for picture taking. It can not be used in game and why it should not be used as a picture for downloading sims. For those who can't play on high I can only imagine how different a sim would look if someone posted a downloaded sim with HQ mod.

Also, I was just talking about this in another thread. Do you have Grim's Gastly Manor? Grims Door of Life and Death has a celtic look to it and would work nicely if you used it in your world. It would look good as the entrance door in Mirkwood. I love that door. It turns zombies back to normal state and gets rind of paparazzi too. (I dont play celebs) . I have that door as my front door of my current house which is completely zombie proof.
  • Bea_LeclerqBea_Leclerq Posts: 3 New Member
    I love this world, but I can not find where download :)
    edited March 2015
    I love this world, but I can not find where download :)

OP is not finished with the world. Work in progress
    edited March 2015
    Ok, thanks :)
    edited March 2015
    @phoebebebe13
    Hehe! I could just imagine Thranduil sim checking himself out every chance he gets ;-) He is so fabulous.
    Oh which 2 traits does he share with Tauriel?

I don't own Grim's Gastly Manor, unfortunately, but it's such a nice idea! The only thing is that I don't want the world to have too much store content, that would require that those who download the world has that as well. Right?

I use Nraas Mods to turn off the paparazzis! They are so annoying :)

@Bea_Leclerq
    Hi Bea! I am so honored that you want to download the world, I really appreciate it :-) I am working hard to get it done! So meanwhile here is an update for one of my elven lots:
    tumblr_nkjc9sjUGe1tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_nkjc9sjUGe1tep20co1_1280.png
    edited March 2015
    @Gaxili1 first off your world is looking amazing! Thranduil has Diva, Snob, Inappropriate, Loves the outdoors and brave. He would share loves the outdoors and brave with Tauriel. Thranduils traits really suit him. I took him to the park he was kissing himself (Diva!) wanted to check himself out in the mirror and then just randomly wanted to walk up to a sim in the park and insult their family. I was cracking up. He is entertaining! Someone in the old sims forum was descrbing him as Evil but he is not Evil just a little self absorbed!

True on the EA store. I just love Grims Gastly Manor and it is so worth it. I have loaded a few lots at TSR with no CC but they do contain a lot of EP's one I have does have several store items. My current legacy house has Grims door and is completely zombie proof and paparazzi proof but I dont like celebs so I have that option in game turned off.

Grims gastly manor has a few build items. Are you using Dragon Vally in your build? I use Dragin Valley a lot in my builds
    Gaxili1, You plan to leave the world empty or populate it with sims?
    Gaxili1, You plan to leave the world empty or populate it with sims?

I know op is adding a few other people's sims which Im sure op would not put in the download. I would think it will be unpopulated for you to add your own sims but Im sure op will answer you. Adding a lot of sims to the world download would make the file possibly too big for download anyway
    @Bea_Leclerq Hi sweet Bea! I didn't plan on putting any sims into the world, but would you prefer if there was some families in it? I was thinking of finding the most known LOTR characters and link them in my final post with the download. That way you could just download from the link if you would like some elves or hobbits :blush::blush:

@phoebebebe13 Well it's Thranduil! Self absorbed is what he is :wink: I use Dragon Valley because the items from it suits so perfectly in for my Lord Of The Rings world. I have celebrities turned off as well, I don't think I've actually ever used it.
    @Gaxili1 I have played with celebrity status but not added any celebs to my game. I did not like the Celeb status and turned it off.

I also think that is a good idea for you to post links to sims that people might want to add to your world. Some people don't use CC sims, some do. I know TSR checks their sims before releasing for public download and they require no cc with links to cc.. This only applies to submitters but does not apply to artists who don't need TSR permission to upload their sims. Not sure about other sites. We just had an issue in the tec forum with bad cc. Her baby's face is 1/2 white and 1/2 black!
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    For "evil" lots near the Shire, there are the Barrow Downs, Lake Evendim, the Trollfells, and the valley of the Withywindle in the Old Forrest. You could also try Weathertop. Farther east are the Necromancer's Tower in the southern Mirkwood, the Lonely Mountain when Smaug was still there, and the whole northern half of the Mirkwood. All are in the books but I don't think most of them were included in the movies. Also Cirith Ungol or Minas Morgul on the edge of Mordor.
    @JACKIEJOY Thank you for those great suggestions :blush: I ended up with building Mordor, and I got some help from Crowkeeper at MTS whom build this amazing Sauron Tower tumblr_nkugnzMZHC1tep20co1_1280.png

Here is the finished version of Mordor (Except from the lots)
    tumblr_nkune1uPeL1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nkune1uPeL1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nkune1uPeL1tep20co2_1280.png
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    Wow i love the world i wish i had all the expassion packs and stuff so i could upload it once it is finished.Butsad to say i don't still it is a great world.:D
  • DaethaqtDaethaqt Posts: 760 Member
    Looks great, to bad I'll have to pass }CC.
    your world is looking awesome!!! Love the tower!
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    This is incredible! Your painting skills are out of this world! When i was a kid my mom had a lord of the rings calender by an amazing artists. The paintings of middle earth were so breathtaking I would stare at it for hours. Eventually she cut out the pictures and embedded them in the surface of some end tables made from wine barrels. They were so cool. Your world reminds me of that artwork. I can't wait to download this world! I am not concerned about cc at this point. There will be no more updates to the game so all cc that works now should work forever. Good cc is not a threat to game play at all as near as I can tell, but it really enhances a world and sometimes is the only way to get the right atmosphere.
    Hi @Summerskydreamer ! I am very happy you like it :smile: The world only requires Pets and Supernatural so far. Do you have those EPs? If yes, the world can be played :wink:

@Daethaqt Thank you for the nice comment. That's compltely all right, it's still a niche thing with the whole LOTR theme :wink: The amount of CC is very small. It's actually only an elven build set so far and a few trees and it has been tested with patch 1.67 without any issues. But I understand :blush:

@Phoebebebe13 Thank you! It is made by Crowkeeper, who helps a lot with the builds for this world. Crowkeeper just made a new update on the tower, which I will post very soon :smiley:

@KarilynMonroe2
    Thank you so much! This is quite the compliment. That sounds like a really cool table! The CC is still very limited - It's a few trees as well as an elven built set. And I compltely agree with you, sometimes it needs a little extra to be just right :wink:
  • SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    Sounds cool i only have pets,Seasons, IP as well as Ambitions Still very awesome world. :smiley:
  • DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    OMIGOD!!!!! How come I haven't seen this one before today? This is absolutely stunning, I'm almost hyperventilating over here!!! How in the heck did you that???? Well I for one can't WAIT until it's ready for upload. I love medieval worlds and play style and so many stories can be told in this world... Great Job Seriously!!!!
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Hi - last time I was here looking at Mordor my internet was very dodgy and since then has been down altogether. Mordor looks great and you are certainly doing it justice :)
    Don't feed the trolls
    @Summerskydreamer Ah okay : But I am really happy that you like it :blush:

@Diancarock
    Thank you Dianca! Wauw, I feel really humble now : I am so happy you like it! I too love medieval worlds, all I play is Praaven and Ulokea :wink: But I decided that a Fantasy world as Middle Earth was missing! :blush:

@ratsrbest
    Hehe thank you! I get a lot of help with the builds (Like Saurons Tower) from Crowkeeper at MTS. So I focus mostly on landscaping and the terrain currently, trying to fit it all together :wink:
    Update on The Shire so far
    tumblr_nlk2jmAxDS1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nlk2jmAxDS1tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_nlk2jmAxDS1tep20co3_1280.png
    tumblr_nlk2jmAxDS1tep20co4_1280.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top