Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lord Of The Rings World DOWNLOAD IS UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    Gaxili1Gaxili1 Posts: 212 Member
    edited February 2015
    @ratsrbest‌
    Aaw thank you so much ratsrbest! I loved reading your nice comment.
    I am sorry for not getting back to you any sooner, I have used my time on keep building :wink: But since I have an update to post I can reply more quickly now :smile:<3
    I have edited the roads some more, so there are less of them in the world.

Indeed! I like starting from scratch as well, did you end up with a nice medieval world then? :D

I think objects adds to the game lag, so I am trying to keep it to a minimum and by not furnishing the houses. I might make two versions - One with objects and one without. :smile: ) Would that be all right you think?

@SandraKB‌
    Thank you sweetie! Here's an update on the Rivendell part I am making in the bottom of this post :smile:<3

@rkm282‌
    Praaven is such a beautiful world! I could never outdo that, but I really think there is missing a middle earth for us with elven and dwarven simmers :wink: I was so happy to read your comment, it is so nice. Thank you for the support! The simmers will travel mostly on flat grounds (unfortunately) but I did add a mountain passage to the Dwarven realm as well as a simmer have to get up into the mountains in order to see Rivendell! I only added Rivendell because of your message, I thought it would be too hard to do. But here is my progress so far on that part:

tumblr_nkdybtbqil1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nkdybtbqil1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nkdybtbqil1tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_nkdybtbqil1tep20co5_1280.png
  • Options
    SandraKBSandraKB Posts: 385 Member
    the buildings stunning, what a beautiful world you are making! the snow capped mountain are so real looking I wish I was there. I love it!!!! <3:D
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    @Gaxili1 That's a lovely update - I'm running out of words :) Thank you.

I think you're really capturing the atmosphere of Middle Earth - that sort of misty, otherworldliness that one would imagine it to have.

I think two versions, one with objects and one without, would be a great choice for people.

I did enjoy my Medieval world very much, but I got seduced away and have been playing ITF's Oasis Landing for a little while. It seems quite a leap from medieval / LOTR type worlds until a thought struck me as I was thinking of my reply to your post.

Simbots would make great Orcs with the right colouring and textures :D I can just see me playing a Sim version of Sauron, busily self-employed as a Bot builder, somewhere in the dingy basement of his Tower. He could churn out dozens of Orcbots, handily equipped with sinister circuits and ready to wreak havoc on the unsuspecting inhabitants of Middle Earth :mrgreen:

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    Wow! This is really impressive, great work!
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    Wow amazing world!! Looks fantastic. <3 it!
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • Options
    @SandraKB Thank you dearest, it really makes me want to keep going with all this support :wink: Thank you! I hope it will turn out just as I imagine it in my head :smile:

@ratsrbest Yes that's quite a step! But still, I think I enjoy medieval game plays since it is a themed game. It's the same with futuristic worlds - They are themed and that is just fantastic to play something else than a modern game play :wink: Which I haven't played since 2010 I think. Hehe! Oh you are right with the simbots :hushed: I could just see Sauron sending out an army of those! Hehe, but actually that is one thing that is missing from my game. I am so in love with the rural idyll that you find in the tall hills up in the mist and fog, the cousy Shire. But I haven't made any "Evil" places yet. I should do that. Definitely.. Do you have any suggestions to what I could might add in that category?

@simsample Aaw thank you! I am really happy that you think so :blush:

@simhead70 Thank you so much! I am thrilled that you guys like it :wink:
  • Options
    The Dark Woods Of Middle Earth
    tumblr_nke9fhooIF1tep20co4_1280.png
    tumblr_nke9fhooIF1tep20co3_1280.png
    tumblr_nke9fhooIF1tep20co1_1280.png
  • Options
    It is not entirely done yet, I have to thicket out the "walls" of trees around the woods. Your simmers would have to go through these mysterious woods in order to reach Rivendell and what else lies beneath the green tree crowns :wink:
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    nice world! I I created Thranduil for a friend and uploaded him to TSR. She would love your world when it's done. Have you ever been on Ladesires blog? She makes some beautiful elven and fairy items. Ive used some of her items in my builds.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 Thank you so much for the nice comment :blush: I know Ladesire and her amazing builds leaves me in awe each time. Would you consider linking your Thranduil in this thread? When my world is finished, I am hoping to collect some of the most known characters and link to them in my finished world so people can have the full Lord Of The Rings experience :wink:
    I would love to have Thranduil in my game as well!
  • Options
    @Gaxili1 Here is my Thranduil. I made him for ladesire.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sims/title/thranduil/id/1279974/

He was a hard sim to make because you can't create Lee Pace and flip him into Tranduil. Lee Pace has a broken nose. It shows up in some of his promo pics as Tranduil but in the movie they cover up his broken nose with makeup so Lee's face does change as Tranduil. .

I did not use skins. If you use skins and add them to my Thranduil his face may change a little and you may have to try and adjust for skins. You may need to change his skin color depending on your computer screen and lighting

• Options
    @phoebebebe13 I stumbled upon him before, and I must say I am impressed. You are right about the nose, I never thought about that before! I probably will have to adjust a slight bit as I use default replacement skins in my game, but he is absolutely gorgeous. Well done! Ladesire must have been so happy to get a sim like this :wink:
  • Options
    World Update / Progress so far:

tumblr_nkhdej8e9X1tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhdej8e9X1tep20co5_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhdej8e9X1tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhdej8e9X1tep20co3_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhdej8e9X1tep20co6_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhdej8e9X1tep20co4_1280.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    @phoebebebe13 I stumbled upon him before, and I must say I am impressed. You are right about the nose, I never thought about that before! I probably will have to adjust a slight bit as I use default replacement skins in my game, but he is absolutely gorgeous. Well done! Ladesire must have been so happy to get a sim like this :wink:

Ladesire made a really nice Lee Pace but when she flipped him as Thranduil she was having trouble. I see other people trying to use Lee Pace to try and make Thranduil and I figured out that just won't work so I used only Tranduil pics.Left Lee out of it. Ladesire is very happy with him. Yes you would have to adjust with skins. He has a good base to start with so you should not have to do too much tweaking. I never use skins. There are too many of them out there to try out. Some I have tried in the past I did not like them because they sink in the face. This is my biggest issue with skins. With my Tranduil once skins are added you may have to adjust his laugh lines. I put just enough to notice but they may get deeper with skins. And the fact that your sims in CAS look nothing like they do in game becomes more of a pain. You have to put them in game, cheat in game to take them back in cas go back and forth until sim looks like what you want it to in game. What a pain. Glad you like him. If you use him Enjoy him!
  • Options
    ReaperKikiReaperKiki Posts: 7 New Member
    This is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could craft worlds like this. Job well done :D
  • Options
    @Gaxili1 if you have trouble tweaking him with skins, I can try for you if you tell me what skins you are using. I would probably have to upload him to the exchange. I don't know if it would work if I send him to you by email. I sent him to ladesire by email and the EA skin was not working for her via email so she had to re-download him from TSR. She told me that transferring sims by email EA skins wont stay on the skin they are supposed to. I don't know if this would happen with CC skins too?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    This world is gorgeous!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    @ReaperKiki Hehe aaw thank you!! I am certain you could create something marvelous as well :blush: I am really glad you like and thank you for the comment!

@phoebebebe13 Mhm! I don't think it would happen with a custom skin, but I will most definitely love to have him in my game. Perhaps if I remove my default replacements he wouldn't have to be tweaked, right? He is so gorgeous as he is :blush::blush:

@Nik24X7 Thank you Nik! You are too sweet :smiley:
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Gaxili1 wrote: »
    @ratsrbest Yes that's quite a step! But still, I think I enjoy medieval game plays since it is a themed game. It's the same with futuristic worlds - They are themed and that is just fantastic to play something else than a modern game play :wink: Which I haven't played since 2010 I think. Hehe! Oh you are right with the simbots :hushed: I could just see Sauron sending out an army of those! Hehe, but actually that is one thing that is missing from my game. I am so in love with the rural idyll that you find in the tall hills up in the mist and fog, the cousy Shire. But I haven't made any "Evil" places yet. I should do that. Definitely.. Do you have any suggestions to what I could might add in that category?

The only Evil places I could think of are Mount Doom in Mordor and Sauron's Tower - Barad-dur - which is located in NW Mordor, close to Mount Doom. According to Wiki :)

Thank you for the new updates - the world is looking like a real labour of love and I think it definitely invites exploration :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    @Gaxili1 Either way your choice if you want skins on him or not. Try adding the skins you have and see what it does. If he becomes mutated we will know he needs a lot of tweaking LOL If you want me to tweak him with skins Ill do it if you want. Just pm me with what skins your using and I can direct email a sim pack to you like I did ladesire. and hopefully the cc skins work via email.

BTW love your Avi where did you get that hair?
  • Options
    tumblr_nkhzszm2d31tep20co1_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhzszm2d31tep20co2_1280.png
    tumblr_nkhzszm2d31tep20co4_1280.png

@ratsrbest Oh! Thank you for the suggestions :blush: I think my map is too small to include mount doom though it would be such a great addition. Sauron's Tower is definitely an option - I need to see if I can get it build :wink: Oh and thank you as always for the support, it makes me even more dedicated to finishing up this world :wink: So here is another update! The things flying around are spirit elfs - An object in game to add just a little extra magic :wink:
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 That sounds great! I will most likely install him tomorrow, I also need a sim to tour around my game testing world :wink: And of course he will move into my Middle earth save after that to rule Mirkwood! :blush: I will PM you if he turns out different than he appears on TSR :wink:

"BTW love your Avi where did you get that hair?" Oh I am not certain what you meant. My Avi? Could you link me or elaborate? I would mot definitely send you a link to it if I knew which sim it was :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @Gaxili Ill be around just let me know if you need him tweaked and Ill be glad to help out. I have him on very high sim settings with an Nvidia 770M card as far as my pics of him go but no HQ mod used. Those pics are all in game.

Your profile pic on here. Beautiful sim and I love her hair.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 I will test him in the morning and let you know right away :smiley: Can't wait to have Thranduil in my game! I have my sims on high settings as well - So I hope it will be okay according to that :wink:

Oh, right! Here you go http://beocreations.com/creations/creation_synthesis_Skysims_hairstyles_045-046.php :blush:
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @Gaxili1 if you play on high he should look like he does in my game. I did not touch up those pictures at all. I have seen people complain on TSR for some who upload their sims and use HQ mod. I think TSR should not permit HQ mod when it comes to sims downloads because people don't get what is pictured. HQ mod should be for those who pose, model, story tell etc.

Thanks!! I see its BEO's page. I have some of their stuff in my game.

Someone made a good Orlando Bloom for TS2 and he looks good as Legolas. Maybe I will try making a Legolas for TS3. Isaw someone make a great Tauriel for TS3 on MTS but the creator took it down. Hopefully they put it back up for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top