Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims3 is my love and I appreciate all of you Simmers!

Comments

• Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @Shannen Thanks! googling would have made sense :)

@charlotteprice That's really sweet about the video what a compliment!

You are going to have to brace yourself..... I did absolutely nothing with Matthew Hamming when he was alive :o and now he is gone I only just about recognized him on the sims wiki. Try not to grieve too much I know this will hard but I am sure he had a fulfilled sim life (possibly) :p
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Shannen wrote: »
    @charlotteprice yup, toilet and sink mostly but once he took the bath. Haha the cops never turn up in time to get the burglar so I've never had that happen. As for the celebs, yeah I had to opt out of the celeb option because it was becoming annoying that my sims was becoming celebs and then ending up with bad reps *blush*. Awww, I'm sorry that you was disappointed with sims 4, I was a little too if I'm honest but it's not that bad now and the new pack is actually decent but it was really sweet of you CravenLestat to do that do you :)

Yeah, mine gets a bad rep (yes, they deserve it, LOL) but I just max their motives and all is good. Don't have to go to court although you do loose friends but friends are hard to come by anyway in my celebrity worlds. Always something going on! Then you can always click mailbox and have them make friends for you........only problem with that is you look in your friends list and see animals, LOL

Sims4 is ok. Its one of those games I put to the side and play it when I want. I did break down and buy the camping set. Still cant really get into that game. There are things I like in there (Don L. <3 ) LOL. Just that it was such a disappointment.

Yes, it was really sweet of Craven (*)

*hugs*
  • Options
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @Shannen Thanks! googling would have made sense :)

@charlotteprice That's really sweet about the video what a compliment!

You are going to have to brace yourself..... I did absolutely nothing with Matthew Hamming when he was alive :o and now he is gone I only just about recognized him on the sims wiki. Try not to grieve too much I know this will hard but I am sure he had a fulfilled sim life (possibly) :p

<<bracing myself>>

:o how could you just "recognize" him! How do you know he had a fulfilled life when you didn't know he even existed :o

Aw, that's alright, I didn't even realize Don L. was in Sims2 and Sims3! As much as I played those games, you would have thought I would have known (but after going back to check him out, I think that's why I didn't notice him)

*grieving hugs*
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Don Lothario is in Sims 3? YAY (*) Is he in riverview? That's why I haven't found him yet, he is fun to play with. I played him as a lothario and then as a family man he is such a versatile sim. I haven't got Sims 4 as to busy with Sims 3, I can't leave my sims 3 families behind they need me!

I am glad to hear they kept Don in Sims 4 though and that you forgive me (I forgive you for missing Don)

*consoling hugs* It's going to be ok
  • Options
    @AlphaFen Yes, he is in Riverview. You wont find him in the gym though, LOL. He is a stylist!

Don L in Sims4 is the man! They made him into a "bad boy" looking kind of guy! LOL

*coughs* forgive? *coughs again* Did I say that :o

*ok hugs* LOL
  • Options
    Stylist :o Did not see that one coming

You probably did it's hard to tell with that nasty cough you've got ;)

For Don' sake I will give you benefit of the doubt

*taking the high road hugs* :p
  • Options
    Stylist :o Did not see that one coming

You probably did it's hard to tell with that nasty cough you've got ;)

For Don' sake I will give you benefit of the doubt

*taking the high road hugs* :p

Yep. I looked in the gym, not there. I thought, well in Sims4 he has all these tattoos. So I checked that out thinking he was a tattoo artist.....nope, but he was there.....as stylist! .....go figure!

*LOL hugs*
  • Options
    Don used to be a doctor changing to a stylist, that is what I call a dramatic mid life crisis :o;)

I have to check out riverview when I next get on the Sims to see who else is there. I used to play more then one world in Sims 2 but I am scared to in Sims 3 as my game takes ages to load up as it is and two worlds full of sims might kill it :\

*humourous hugs*

• Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Wow a video just for you @charlotteprice <3 that is a lovely tribute to your kindness and as you said your love of this game :) . I will have to go find it :) I've seen some pretty incredible videos people have made- it just amazes me how they get their sims to move :p

I am soooo sorry to hear you were extremely disappointed with Sims 4, I can see why. I took advantage of the free game for 48 hours. My girls are playing it as well (way more than me!) but I was able to play a few hours last night and I must admit I was a little bored. I still don't have the hang of the camera and the mouse controls (very frustrating, must see if I can change that) and they changed where the queue is and the layout of all the informaton it was taking me forever to understand what what going on. My fault for starting with a family of six -lol. The aspiration choices and loading screens are very Sims 2 and I didn't like it when one sim went to the park and I couldn't see what the other simmies at home were doing. I'm going to have to mothelode because my sims have no money and I want to be able to see what they have and what they can do but can't afford to buy anything - lol! I really didn't know much about Sims 4 because as soon as I heard it was coming out, I seriously avoided the Sims website because I didn't want to hear another word about it. I was determined to wait on this one unlike Sims 3 and Sims 2, where I always went out and bought the game as soon as I had gotten the kiddos out the door, such good memories :blush: I was always so embarrased because I didn't think any adults played the game, just kids. So I would go into Best Buy and pretend I was picking it up for my son ;) It's so amazing to see so many "mature" players but I guess it makes sense since Sims 1 came out something like 15 years ago and Sim City (my first game) twenty years ago. Unfortunately with my strategy of avoiding the website, I also missed a year of free sim point ads but that's okay as I hope to save money when I do eventually buy it because it will have to be one of those mega bundles for cheap. I can't believe it's already been on sale several times. I don't think they did that with the other Sims games. But I could be wrong. I have managed to hold off buying it, but it was hard with the good deals over the holidays. But I have heard a lot of negative comments about it so that has helped my self control.

Did you get the digital Ultimate Sims 2 collection? Apparently Origin was giving them out last summer to customers who owned at least one digital copy of a Sims2 game when they announced that they were no longer supporting those games. I called EA back in December and managed to get myself a free copy. I haven't installed it as it's already on my pc but I'm keeping it so when and if I get a new computer I will use that because a couple of discs don't work anymore :(

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. I was so tired this morning and just woke up from a nap on the couch, now my neck hurts - need to go find some back pain meds - ha ha - so much for the relaxing nap moodlet, its more like the Sims 4 "uncomfortable" mood. Thank you again for all the gifts <3 Happy Simming :)
    *hugs*
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @simgeek79 You should never be embarrassed about Sims or computer games, all I have ever known is adults playing computer games so don't worry you are in great company ( I don't just mean me :p ). Anyway as I always say playing games is great for hand eye co-ordination and it is an all over workout for your mouse clicking finger an often overlooked body part when it comes to exercise regimes ;)

Sims 4, I am holding off as well because of the negative reviews but also like you I want to get one of those combo packs for the same price they are selling the base game for now.

I could kick myself for all the free simpoints I missed out on as well. I was so dismissive of the store, I was like, when has EA not tried to sell me 100's of expansions and extras :s

Apparently this is my 100th post :o@chalotteprice I blame you! I didn't post half so much until I found this thread :p
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • Options
    Thank you @simgeek79 and @AlphaFen for visiting me. I apologize to you both that I have not been active here today.
    Just a gloomy day for me :(
    I will be here tomorrow morning and will catch up then!

*big hugs*
  • Options
    Nothing to apologise for it's your thread you can be as active as you want to be. I am sorry to hear that you have had a gloomy day. I hope tomorrow is better for you <3

*Bigger hugs*
  • Options
    Yes @AlphaFen it certainly is a workout. I recall when I fist discovered the site back in September and I started clicking throught sets and adding items to my wishlist to keep track of what I wanted to buy I couldn't move my arm the next day! I had to use my left hand (very awkward) and then I asked a friend who's a physiotherapist if there were any stretches I could do to help :) I'm so happy to see so many "mature" simmers, it makes this whole experience that much better. My family still tease me but it's all in good fun :)

My dear @charlotteprice - I am sending you rainbows and puppie dogs and bright sunshine to try and lift your spirits, along with big hugs and best wishes. Watch your video from Craven and have Rocco commit some scandalous events so that Starlight Shores doesn't know what hit it!

All the best to you both xo <3

• Options
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Wow a video just for you @charlotteprice <3 that is a lovely tribute to your kindness and as you said your love of this game :) . I will have to go find it :) I've seen some pretty incredible videos people have made- it just amazes me how they get their sims to move :p

I am soooo sorry to hear you were extremely disappointed with Sims 4, I can see why. I took advantage of the free game for 48 hours. My girls are playing it as well (way more than me!) but I was able to play a few hours last night and I must admit I was a little bored. I still don't have the hang of the camera and the mouse controls (very frustrating, must see if I can change that) and they changed where the queue is and the layout of all the informaton it was taking me forever to understand what what going on. My fault for starting with a family of six -lol. The aspiration choices and loading screens are very Sims 2 and I didn't like it when one sim went to the park and I couldn't see what the other simmies at home were doing. I'm going to have to mothelode because my sims have no money and I want to be able to see what they have and what they can do but can't afford to buy anything - lol! I really didn't know much about Sims 4 because as soon as I heard it was coming out, I seriously avoided the Sims website because I didn't want to hear another word about it. I was determined to wait on this one unlike Sims 3 and Sims 2, where I always went out and bought the game as soon as I had gotten the kiddos out the door, such good memories :blush: I was always so embarrased because I didn't think any adults played the game, just kids. So I would go into Best Buy and pretend I was picking it up for my son ;) It's so amazing to see so many "mature" players but I guess it makes sense since Sims 1 came out something like 15 years ago and Sim City (my first game) twenty years ago. Unfortunately with my strategy of avoiding the website, I also missed a year of free sim point ads but that's okay as I hope to save money when I do eventually buy it because it will have to be one of those mega bundles for cheap. I can't believe it's already been on sale several times. I don't think they did that with the other Sims games. But I could be wrong. I have managed to hold off buying it, but it was hard with the good deals over the holidays. But I have heard a lot of negative comments about it so that has helped my self control.

Did you get the digital Ultimate Sims 2 collection? Apparently Origin was giving them out last summer to customers who owned at least one digital copy of a Sims2 game when they announced that they were no longer supporting those games. I called EA back in December and managed to get myself a free copy. I haven't installed it as it's already on my pc but I'm keeping it so when and if I get a new computer I will use that because a couple of discs don't work anymore :(

Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. I was so tired this morning and just woke up from a nap on the couch, now my neck hurts - need to go find some back pain meds - ha ha - so much for the relaxing nap moodlet, its more like the Sims 4 "uncomfortable" mood. Thank you again for all the gifts <3 Happy Simming :)
    *hugs*

As far as Sims4 goes, I go to options and click for the controls to be like Sims3. That helped me anyway, LOL. Its a different game ;) I don't consider it a Sim Series game *that's my opinion anyway* its like scrabble or one of those games I would play occasionally. Its good you didn't go to the Sims4 forums, they were lit up (and rightfully so) and very toxic :o

Yes, I have the Sims2 UC. I had every hard copy of it, but I did give the base game to a neighbor when Sims3 came out. Luckily I was aware of Sims2UC and got the digital copy and yes, it brought back alot of good memories! There are a lot of people who love Sims2 as much as I love Sims3 and that's ok, its a personal choice and I had no problems with any of the games!

I am going to see if I can figure out how to copy the video to my page here. I learned it once while posting on forums, so hopefully I will figure it out! I sooooo wish I was computer smart!

Next time try napping in your bed! LOL

As far as the gifts, you are very welcome!

*hugs*
  • Options
    @simgeek79 You should never be embarrassed about Sims or computer games, all I have ever known is adults playing computer games so don't worry you are in great company ( I don't just mean me :p ). Anyway as I always say playing games is great for hand eye co-ordination and it is an all over workout for your mouse clicking finger an often overlooked body part when it comes to exercise regimes ;)

Sims 4, I am holding off as well because of the negative reviews but also like you I want to get one of those combo packs for the same price they are selling the base game for now.

I could kick myself for all the free simpoints I missed out on as well. I was so dismissive of the store, I was like, when has EA not tried to sell me 100's of expansions and extras :s

Apparently this is my 100th post :o@chalotteprice I blame you! I didn't post half so much until I found this thread :p

Congrats on your 100th post! I am NOT taking the blame though, LOL

On another note, I am glad you found my thread :D

*hugs*
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Here is the video! Watch it if you get a chance! I LOVE IT (why wouldn't I, it was made for me)

Thank you @CravenLestat Hope this is OK that I posted it here in my thread? :D

Edit: I removed the video, sorry, its not working anymore :'(
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    Look at you computer smart @charlotteprice !! That's a great video!! Where do I find a romantic hubby like that guy?! Gotta say, the flatulence part made me laugh out loud! Hope you get time today to play your simmies and that you're in better spirits.
    <3 big hugs <3

• Options
    Lol video. I have always admired the people who can make videos from games. I could never make anything so professional looking.

@simgeek79 Crikey! Your poor arm. I didn't put all the stuff I wanted on my wishlist as there was way too much of it, looks like I had a lucky escape. I respect your perseverance!

@charlotteprice I am glad I found your thread too! :D More importantly I am glad that you're glad that I found this thread! <3:p

Though I hope I don't post to much after all this is supposed to be a thread about fairy babies and Rocco :)

*hugs*

P.S You do need to take some of the blame ;)
  • Options
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    Look at you computer smart @charlotteprice !! That's a great video!! Where do I find a romantic hubby like that guy?! Gotta say, the flatulence part made me laugh out loud! Hope you get time today to play your simmies and that you're in better spirits.
    <3 big hugs <3

LOL at computer smart :s I only wish!

Yes, it is a great video! He just sent me another video he made for everyone that is brand new, hehehe

Romantic Guy! in the video is right! If you find out where to find a guy like that........just let me know :p
    Sims3 is and always will be my love. When I watch this video I definitely think of the good times in the game. Now I need to find the time to play the game, Rocco needs me, LOL

ROFL about the flatulence part........just to see her face then rippppppppp (of course I blamed HIM)

I wont be playing my game today, but I do get four days off work toward the end of the week :D Going to play it then for sure!

Better spirits? Yeah, some special lady in the forums is really sick and I have been so worried about her. She had not posted in a while until a few days ago. I saw her post yesterday and it broke my heart :'( Been watching the updates on her constantly now.

*bigger hugs*

• Options
    Lol video. I have always admired the people who can make videos from games. I could never make anything so professional looking.

@simgeek79 Crikey! Your poor arm. I didn't put all the stuff I wanted on my wishlist as there was way too much of it, looks like I had a lucky escape. I respect your perseverance!

@charlotteprice I am glad I found your thread too! :D More importantly I am glad that you're glad that I found this thread! <3:p

Though I hope I don't post to much after all this is supposed to be a thread about fairy babies and Rocco :)

*hugs*

P.S You do need to take some of the blame ;)

:o a thread about fairy babies and Rocco

Maybe I need a new title for this thread? Maybe a discuss anything about Sims3? LOL

No, you don't post too much and you all bring a smile to my face :D

*hugs*

<<not taking ANY of the blame o:)
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear about your friend. I was hoping you would have a better day today, hopefully you can have a nice time on your days off :)

I do enjoy checking on this thread there is always something interesting going on.

You have more computer smarts then me I would need to do some serious googling before I could get a video posted.

By the way I think you mistyped you put this o:) smiley when you obviously meant this >:)

*comfort hugs*
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    This is the first video I watched of Cravens. "How do I live"
    It is absolutely beautiful! I love the song as I am a big country music fan!
    Watch this one if you get a chance! Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFpSfW7ShA
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    << o:)

>>not >:)

Just making that clear! LOL
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    << o:)

>>not >:)