Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish the Tarp had the 'Go Stargazing' Interaction

I assumed the tarp had the stargazing interaction but it's just decor :( (unless I've missed something!)

I hope they can change it so that the stargazing interaction can be done by clicking the tarp - trying to align my Sims so they look like they're lying on it is actually quite tricky!
tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    foxdansleboxfoxdanslebox Posts: 49 Member
    i agree - or that the moveobjects cheat meant you could pick up sims to pose them.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I haven't even found the tarp yet! Where is it in buy mode?
  • Options
    stewielover1992stewielover1992 Posts: 308 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I think it's in the rugs section.
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I think it's found with the rugs if I remember correctly. I just stumbled across it. Lol.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Well they showed a pic of two sims doing that on the tarp. I hate by the way that they took the romance out of watching the stars together.
  • Options
    Me too clp. I don't know why the game is so sparse on intimate interactions.
  • Options
    I agree guys - they could have taken a romance theme there and ran with it. But, at the same time, I kinda like the innocence of the interaction.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I was a bit disappointed about the tarp missing the stargaze interaction as well. Hopefully, this is something that could be patched in?
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Well, honestly, I expect if they'd coded the stargaze interaction on the tarp, that would be the only way you could do it. Myself, I'm much happier being able to stargaze (or cloudgaze) without a tarp (or other specific item) needed to enable it.

If they can add a little extra functionality to the tarp so the Sims lie down neatly on it, that's cool, but I certainly don't want to lose the ability to just stargaze anywhere.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    FAWKES411FAWKES411 Posts: 104 Member
    Hot Date.... Late Night......(i'm forgetting one)

C'mon guys.... they love doing romantic themed EPs.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    FAWKES411 wrote: »
    Hot Date.... Late Night......(i'm forgetting one)

C'mon guys.... they love doing romantic themed EPs.

i think the other one was called nightlife.
  • Options
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    Well, honestly, I expect if they'd coded the stargaze interaction on the tarp, that would be the only way you could do it. Myself, I'm much happier being able to stargaze (or cloudgaze) without a tarp (or other specific item) needed to enable it.

If they can add a little extra functionality to the tarp so the Sims lie down neatly on it, that's cool, but I certainly don't want to lose the ability to just stargaze anywhere.

I love that they can stargaze anywhere! But I'm hoping they can make it so that we can go stargazing using the tarp as well. I would never ask them to take away one functionality to add another. I want to have my cake and eat it thanks. ;)
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    How do we make them stargaze in the first place?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like to be able to click the ground to pick where to cloudgaze or stargaze. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for them to lie in the road :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Never mind! Figured it out. My sim stargazed on his tarp.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2016
    I assumed the tarp had the stargazing interaction but it's just decor :( (unless I've missed something!)

I hope they can change it so that the stargazing interaction can be done by clicking the tarp - trying to align my Sims so they look like they're lying on it is actually quite tricky!

As long as it's on a lot, try this:

Set the sim(s) to stargaze in a clearing...
    Ender build mode and place a tarp under the sim(s)... (might need, MOO, not sure).
  • Options
    Dramatic-GamerDramatic-Gamer Posts: 713 Member
    edited January 2017
    I created a mod for "Romantic Stargazing" if You're interested in that
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/907432/romantic-stargaze-mod
    Youtube_Banner_2017.jpg