Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error with Sims 2 Update During Install..any suggestions?

JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
I'm getting so frustrated. I'm trying to install Seasons and I keep getting an error when it tries to update. Has anyone figured out a solution? I think the error happens with the patch for the base game. I also impulse ordered Nightlife and the Best of Business Collection on the same day. Now I'm wondering if I totally wasted money. I haven't seen any solutions yet.

Comments

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    I haven't heard of this before. Whenever I can't figure out something for the game, I always check mts b/c they have a lot of very helpful tutorials.

http://www.modthesims.info/index.php?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JellyEyes wrote: »
    I'm getting so frustrated. I'm trying to install Seasons and I keep getting an error when it tries to update. Has anyone figured out a solution? I think the error happens with the patch for the base game. I also impulse ordered Nightlife and the Best of Business Collection on the same day. Now I'm wondering if I totally wasted money. I haven't seen any solutions yet.

I learned a long time go not to be connected to the internet when the game requested to update itself. And there is a method where you delete the files from the Registry and copy the program files over from the disc yourself. I'm sure MTS had those directions a long time ago. I hope you get it worked out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    Thanks. I did check MTS, but I could have been more thorough, so I'll check again.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I've had this problem too. It only happens when I have TS2 on Windows 8.

What I did was install TS2 and its patches on another computer running a different OS. Then I copied the game files to my Win 8 computer, and the installer considers the game patched that way.

If you don't have access to another computer, you could try running a virtual machine of an older OS (like XP) on your computer, and install TS2 there. But that's a very roundabout and complicated way to do it.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?