Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bored

The sims 3 has just become monotonous and redundant. I've read the countless threads on how to avoid this but It doesn't seem to be working.
Here is a summary of my attempts to make the game interesting:
  • First I tried roleplaying. I enjoy it up to a point, but even making up your own stories gets rather dull.
  • I also had a go at some challenges. Legacy challenge was so intensely boring that I gave up after generation 4. Survival challenge was equally dull.
  • In a final attempt to make the game fun, I spent three hours downloading mods for my game. I enjoyed them but they all got adapted into my play style after a while.
  • I even started using my first cheats just to add some variety, but all cheats do is skip out the bits of the game that are still fun.
So now I come to you, I'm looking for a fresh take on this old problem.
If I can't find the game fun, then I might have to take a break from it.

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Shouldn't have to force fun. I'd suggest taking a break, I've taken many over the years. Some for months on end.
  • Options
    MiyacaMiyaca Posts: 576 Member
    then take a break you shouldn't be out her looking for the fun because you're the only one who can give that to yourself. even if we try suggesting anything if you're really not into it you won't have fun either way. you can take a break and try coming back if it still sparks your interest.
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Maybe set yourself a building project, based off of a house from an image. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    I'll start looking for a new game then. I guess it's back to dragon age for now.
  • Options
    I guess I'll see you all in a while.
  • Options
    moonandsixpensmoonandsixpens Posts: 553 Member
    elliskane3 wrote: »
    Maybe set yourself a building project, based off of a house from an image. :mrgreen:

I am on this phase that playing doesn't entertain me anymore but building still does. Playing options can run out pretty fast and the relationships between sims are over simplistic but building always allows me to try new tricks. There are so many types of houses I want to create :smiley:
    tumblr_noncvdlzEI1unxm84o1_540.png

• Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I've heard that if you are bored with TS3, then go play TS4 for a while. You'll be back in a month ;)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Rosey1579 I've found that when I do WAY too much playing of the Sims 3 I get bored too...even if I try to download things or do challenges. You're not alone.

The BEST remedy is what has been said earlier, taking a break from the game. If it worries you that you won't go back to it, that usually doesn't happen. Breaks have been awesome for me and it gave me a lot of time to live my life (and get things done ;) hee hee) and discover some new ideas for a new game in the Sims 3. During a LONG break and I find myself bored one day...I go right back to the Sims 3. :)
    Bamajam wrote: »
    I've heard that if you are bored with TS3, then go play TS4 for a while. You'll be back in a month ;)

^^^AGREED! ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Bamajam wrote: »

Heck all I had to do was play TS4 for one hour and then I went RIGHT back to Sims 3! ;)
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    > @Bamajam said:
    > I've heard that if you are bored with TS3, then go play TS4 for a while. You'll be back in a month

I believe it was less than a month for me :p but then again that's how I was when ts3 came out too. I was playing ts2 DAILY and then when ts3 came out I played it non stop for about a month and then didn't even touch it for nearly two years. Now I play ts3 DAILY and only go back to ts2 when ts3 is being crashy. The same thing is happening now that ts4 is out. I played it for most of September and then haven't really at all. Just ts3.
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Well, in case you come back:

Have you tried playing a single, self-employed Sim?

I don't know what expansion packs you have, but with Supernatural my favourite is to play a Witch in the Alchemy Career. I like going about collecting stuff, fishing and making elixirs. I even enjoy gem cutting. And being a Witch is so much more fun than being Human :)

If you have Into the Future you can join the Plumbot building career and that's great. You can go off collecting stuff that you need for the trait chips - it's a nice world to explore.

And building, as others have suggested. I like downloading custom neighbourhoods and tweaking them to just the way I like them. If I'm really in the mood to put some effort in, I'll get an empty World and create a Medieval themed game. I even found a No Car mod :)

Custom Worlds are a bit of a lucky dip but if you find a creator who you like, they'll usually have more than one on offer. I found someone who'd made Al Simhara into a regular neighbourhood :) I've also found recreations of Sims 2 neighbourhoods complete with relevant families.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    I've just realised that I have absolutely no other games to play. I am bored with every game I own, and believe me, I own a lot of games.
    I don't have sims 4, but it costs a fortune.
    I'm doomed. Even dragon age is getting me down!
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Do you own TS2? I never got bored with it. Maybe you could try it.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    ts2 relaxes me like crazy. I can just gather a few sims to hang out near a stereo and with a custom station of all the songs I actually enjoy from the game and just space out listening to my sims' stereo :P
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    rosey1579 wrote: »
    I've just realised that I have absolutely no other games to play. I am bored with every game I own, and believe me, I own a lot of games.
    The only other total immersion type game that ever spoke to me, besides SimCity, is one likely very few have heard of here. It was a lot like Civilization, except you got to play one of 135 real countries through history from 1836-1935 and see if you could change its destiny. No bloodshed on screen even during wars and the graphics were rudimentary at best, but the intellectual challenge was huge.

When I showed some friends the world map and how I got the United States of Central America (an actual country that didn't exist for very long in reality) to take over around a third of the world, they all said I was nuts to spend months working that out. And they were probably right. :)

Different types of games just appeal to different types of players at different times.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    rosey1579 wrote: »

Well, try what we all suggested. ;)

Agree with what @bobyo2001 said. If you've never played Sims 2, it's fun! You particularly need to get the Open For Business Expansion Pack. SUPER FUN!!!!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I used to get bored to tears with TS3 in the early days and ended up getting my old computer fixed so I could go back to TS2 and found out how to get Mods into my game.That opened up the option of making TS3 more like TS2 with story progression like the TS2 version and I now have fun playing my entire towns instead of just playing a family in a game.I've got four legacy games going and enjoy all of them.
    My first is the town legacy challenge in Winfield which is a world I made in CAW.I've got four families there and I switch between them and play all of them in that game.My next legacy is Gibsons and there's two families living there and I play both of them.Oak Leaf is another of my legacies and I've got two families in houses and a new one at Garden Market.I made Gibsons and Oak Leaf in CAW.My fourth legacy is in Rflong7's Glenvale County and I've got four families living there and play all of them.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Everything gets boring after a while- even when we love it! I have already played hundreds of hours on Sims3 since July and the way I look at it if I get bored and leave it and never go back I still got a lot out of it. Sims 2 got that way where I was kind of rutted out and I just dropped it for a while until... one day... it popped up in my head and then I was back on it. The thing with 3 is I'm actually buying the expansions and worlds for a more experiences- something I didn't do as much with 2, although I did buy Pets and University. Anyway, take a full break from gaming entirely for a while OR go back to something you loved from a while ago- like ten years, if you're that old and see it in the light of today's gaming, whether it lives up to your memory. You might find that Simcity 2000 gathering dust underneath the bookcase is actually still a lot of fun.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i was bored with ts3 once. i do family game play. but i made so many i got bored. so i made a couple the morrisons and i use them to do things i don't do normally . the first time they had for kids together then corrie thats the wife cheated because i wanted to see what would happen she got divorced because she got pregnant with her bosses baby . he died the day after they got marriedthen she married geoffrey landgrab. and her ex ricardo ended up marrying nancy landgrab so not only did her and her ex share a child but a step child. so my advice is alter your play style