Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still play TS3?

I was thinking about going back to TS3 to take a break from playing TS4 as there's not much to do at the moment in TS4

I just don't know if I can go back to those robotic and unappealing looking Sims in TS3... but because it's fully fleshed out with all the EPs I'm wondering if it will hold my interest.

Do you still play TS3?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
  • kingkong192kingkong192 Posts: 953 Member
    From time to time yes!
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    No, the sims of sims 4 ruined the sims 3 for me. I just can´t get over the lifelessness of them now.
    However, I really liked the pets expansion of the sims 3, so I am a bit peeved that I can´t enjoy that anymore. :)
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • KittyLovesTunaKittyLovesTuna Posts: 19 New Member
    > @ZhakiraP said:
    > No, the sims of sims 4 ruined the sims 3 for me. I just can´t get over the lifelessness of them now.
    > However, I really liked the pets expansion of the sims 3, so I am a bit peeved that I can´t enjoy that anymore.

Me too I really hope that they bring pets, including horses! to TS4 soon!
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Yes never stopped as I have a large project to finish.

Have you considered trying TS2? It is closer to TS4 with closed worlds and loading screens.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • dreamsingr17dreamsingr17 Posts: 13 New Member
    I do! I actually am not happy with The Sims 4. They messed up the controls and the worlds. I love The Sims 3!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    I was thinking about going back to TS3 to take a break from playing TS4 as there's not much to do at the moment in TS4

I just don't know if I can go back to those robotic and unappealing looking Sims in TS3... but because it's fully fleshed out with all the EPs I'm wondering if it will hold my interest.

Do you still play TS3?

I used to really, really, really hate the TS3 Sims. I hope that is clear. :D No Sim can beat the TS2 Sim that's just the way it is to me. However, depending on which EPs you have installed in the TS3 and how you play you might actually see they also have emotions and expressions they just aren't that obvious, but to be fair to the game more so than I used to be (because I have been playing more and more these last few years) they really do have expressions but you have to slow down and look for them.

The TS4 expressions are all the same to me for each and every Sim. That is why they too all start looking alike to me if you think about it. Example, you can make a totally different Sim from mine in TS4 however, once they do that side glance/look up move, they all look exactly alike when they do that. It bugs me to no end.

Because of the animations painted as a broad brush instead of due to bone structure etc. they all start looking the same to me in that game, too.

Maybe, one day they will make that leap and Sims expressions will look differently because of their facial structures and maybe one day they will all behave differently and not exactly the same, when we finally get different personalities in these games.

And the only time we will think wow that looks just like so and so, is when it's their Sim kid and they have the same mannerism as the parent and only then. :\

If you are having to make yourself play a game, there is something wrong with it. Just as much as I had to make myself try to play the TS3 for more than an hour etc. But it's an O.K. game, too.

However, none to me make me want to keep playing ten hours later, but the TS2.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Sure. Sims 3 is my favourite Game.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yup, my favorite out of the entire franchise mainly due to how involved I got with modding it and how it brought my play style to live. That and the fact that I don't see them unappealing nor robotic (I do see them lacking compared to TS2 though). Never stopped playing really, it is the one I play 90% of the time and always having fun at it, with sometimes ridiculously long play sessions. The core gameplay, the content, the functionality, the modding capability all keep me glued to my chair and make me lose track of time, and after playing nearly 2 years of the same save I've become quite involved with my gigantic scattered towns. I also have TS1 and TS2 complete collections installed so I can jump back and forth anytime.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I do from time to time. I find it hard to play sims 3 sims now because I really like the sims in sims 4 better. Their personalities, emotions, multitasking and just how they look. They remind me a lot of how the sims in sims 2 were. I never really connected with my sims in 3 like I did with them in 2 and now Im finding myself really connecting to my sims in 4.
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    No way! The Sims 4 is way too good :D
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Yes.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Marieke020Marieke020 Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2015
    Since the december patch I returned to Sims 3.
    I played a bit with the new game pack to get the new achievement points, but I still like Sims3 more.
  • DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    Now I have two decent computers, I've got Sims 1,2,3 & 4 all installed finally on my new one dedicated just for games. I had to ban 2 from my working computer sniff, the security on it crippled my DVD burners which I needed for work so it had to go. But now I have a new computer just for games I have all four and it is nice. I still like Sims 1, 2 I loved the pet genetics in that and the Sims, 3 I loved the horses, but the genetics with the layers arrgggh. That and even with my new computer 3 lags and jerks, and no mods installed either right now. Loving 4 which I think is almost my favourite after the original. So happily playing all of them when in the mood.
  • RedMattisRedMattis Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2015
    I haven't played the Sims for quite awhile, but if I did it would be Sims 3.

I feel Sims 3 got less and less stable and more and more laggy with every expansion and patch though. I'd rather see they create something like Sims 2&3 with a more robust engine. And new cool features ofc.
  • slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    I have tried going back because of a bug in my sims 4 but worked around it I do miss all the content of sims 3 and 2 but like the sims 4 toons much better so im not looking back
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I never really stop playing the previous games. It just happens that I play them less often overtime.

I did make up for it by playing lots of TS2 and TS3 in the past few days. I finally got to try out Monte Vista, which was one of the things I bought at the Origin sale. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If you want something more over the top than Sims 3, play Sims 2 ;)
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Yep! I love it, just need ITF to complete my TS3 collection.
    sam123 wrote: »

You need it! It's a load of fun :) I liked traveling to the future and the objects and build are amazing :)
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I still play every generation of Sims from time to time. A week or two ago I really thought I was going to get back into Sims 3, but I got bored after a few days. I love the content it has, but it can't keep my attention anymore because everything feels so cold and sterile.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I started playing sims3 yesterday! I had not played it for a looooong time.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »

You need it! It's a load of fun :) I liked traveling to the future and the objects and build are amazing :)

Second that. Plumbbots are fun. And I like how utopian sims walk. It's the "stride of pride" that sims do whenever they get some woohoo outside their home, but they do it all the time. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Second that. Plumbbots are fun. And I like how utopian sims walk. It's the "stride of pride" that sims do whenever they get some woohoo outside their home, but they do it all the time. :D

One of my favorites was the dream pod. It's actually really awesome :3
  • Shadow08Sims3Shadow08Sims3 Posts: 711 Member
    yes, I still play Sims 3 and 2