Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does this mean?

Items_removed.jpg

This is an image from a friends game and her post at MTS just reminded me to make a thread here. I got this message after the December patch and now after starting a new game with the latest patch. Mine said 1 build mode item was removed but I couldn't find it. My Sim's house was still in tact, nothing removed and when I looked over the build mode items, I didn't see what was removed. Anyone else know something about this phenomenon that is happening in the game? :D
Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.

Comments

• Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    It usually means that the DLC you owned was "uninstalled". Since I don't think this relates to either the Holiday Celebration Stuff and the Outdoor Retreat, it's possible that the other objects that would disappear are the Sims 3 Bonus Objects (the emotional lights + statue) as well as the PRIMA Guide Computer

But I don't know why they would suddenly disappear.

But that item usually relates to a DLC being uninstalled from the game.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have had that happen several times. I think my bonus lamps were uninstalling one by one at the time. But I think that happened after the November patch.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I couldn't tell if the bonus lamps were gone, didn't really look at them that much. I will take a look when I open the game later today.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    For myself I can get this error when I have used MOO to place an item, but not all items just some, and I will eventually find the item in the sims household inventory.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I saw this sign just yesterday after installing Outdoor Retreat. I looked through buy/build but have so much cc I didn't recognize anything as missing, lol.

The game ran as usual without any hiccups so all is good, at this moment.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I had this error several times when the game was new and once again after the december patch. The party outfit from the limited edition was stripped from my sim (and I think the build mode item would be the tikki bar?). Exiting without saving and reloading the game solved the problem, but it is very annoying.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is annoying because it has me opening the game to look for something that's not important. I wish a SimGuru would comfirm this issue, maybe someone with sweet posts can ask about it when the next Ask A Guru come around?
  • Options
    fotkittycatfotkittycat Posts: 31 Member
    I had this issue too,after the December patch.
    All of my Christmas items disappeared ,I exited the game,restarted it and got back in and they were there . :)
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Definitely need a SimGuru to give some input.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I had it happen once after the dec patch, but mine said 64 items removed. lol But then my game totally quit and I had to reinstall from whole fresh start and go through being shown my lamps and all all over again.

So far, since then, I have had no issues.
  • Options
    Oh, bummer, @fullspiral.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I got this once as well..made my heart stop for a moment thinking I was going to have some hassle getting 'em back..a repair and restart sorted it.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Oh, bummer, @fullspiral.

I'm over it. At least I didn't get the map loop thing.

• Options
    Getting really, REALLY sick of this bug.
    I just got 10 items missing while trying to visit another house.
    So, I quit without saving, repaired game, tried to go into that particular house instead of just visiting it - 10 ITEMS are STILL missing. This is a legal, paid for, no GB, plain base game with the Xmas pack.
    I guess I'll just go back to Sims 2, which doesn't make me feel like a thief who needs stuff "removed" as if it isn't really mine.
  • Options
    I found what was removed in my game, a CC fireplace from TSR. No problem because I never used it so no home will miss it so I removed the file. Just wonder why would EA be concerned about CC? Also I had this fireplace long before the GP was out. IDK???
  • Options
    I don't know either, but I'm getting more and more *cough* let's just say "unhappy" because anything else I say, well, you know.
  • Options
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I found what was removed in my game, a CC fireplace from TSR. No problem because I never used it so no home will miss it so I removed the file. Just wonder why would EA be concerned about CC? Also I had this fireplace long before the GP was out. IDK???

Have you checked your household inventory it could be there.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No I mean the catalog placement shows an X through it. I never used it because I haven't built anything to match that decor.

I know @applefeather2. Watch your words or clutch your pearls. LOL

Edited: Darn autocorrect.
  • Options
    *clutching string where pearls once were*
    My 10 missing items were not in household inventory, either.
  • Options
    I think it's cc that goes missing too. When it happened to me, and I went in to my game, my sim was bald.

So you are right, I wonder why cc matters to the game. I thought originally with the patch that it had something to do with them changing the way CC is displayed in the gallery and might have had something to do with that. I read over the patch notes after my crash and I wasn't sure.
  • Options
    Ok so strange it wasnt in the inventory it looks like this issue seems to have many ways for it be annoying
  • Options
    I think @fullspiral is right. Upon trying to put the parents to bed... I found they had no bed. It had been a cc bed. *sigh*
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There is one of your clues. So EAxis set the game up to remove CC it doesn't like? :weary:

EDIT: What's wrong with me today, I can't post right to save my life. Ugh
  • Options
    I don't know if it's to remove cc they don't like, but more has to do with the changes they made to the gallery. From the Dec 16 patch notes.

Custom Content and Mods will no longer display by default in the Gallery. To see them, check the “Include Custom Content” flag in Advanced filters on the left.

Custom Content and Mods uploaded will now be automatically flagged as Custom Content.
    You can also mark them as such to help your fellow community members better navigate this content.

Do you guys frequent the gallery a lot?
  • Options
    *sigh* Sometimes I use it, @fullspiral. It just seems a person shouldn't have to be a brain surgeon to just play this game. Maybe I'm just too tired today, or something. :\
    I guess I'll go remove some cc. I don't want to have that notice flashed in my face anymore.
    Thinking more and more of Sims 3 and watching them eat hot, spicy food and blowing fire out of their mouth. (Thanks to Bernice, heh heh)