Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Social Menu vs. Traditional

Which do you use? I've used the new one since it came out, but I just now switched to traditional just to see how I like it here. I think I'll stick with the new one though.
Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I like the new one. It's cleaner and more organized for me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I prefer the traditional. I don't know why, it's just easier for me to find certain actions, versus hoping it's already on the menu, then going to the right section if it's not.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    New one is more useful, but still quite alot of bugs, like interactions not showing up or they show up twice
  • WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    mikmaker wrote: »
    New one is more useful, but still quite alot of bugs, like interactions not showing up or they show up twice

Really? I haven't noticed that yet, although I will admit I don't have my sims socialize too often.

Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2015
    I switched between them a week or so back and I think I prefered the old one, but it seemed to me that I wasn't getting as many options. Am I mistaken?

If so, I may go back to the old one for a while.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    mikmaker wrote: »

Really? I haven't noticed that yet, although I will admit I don't have my sims socialize too often.

Will post picture if it happens
  • br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    I prefer traditional
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    candace92 wrote: »
    I prefer the traditional. I don't know why, it's just easier for me to find certain actions, versus hoping it's already on the menu, then going to the right section if it's not.

Where is the hair from in your avatar pic? the short bob.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I used the new social wheel for a few months, then changed to traditional. Haven't changed back... Yet.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    edited January 2015
    The new one drives me totally insane. I need organization. And I prefer straightforwardness, not "is it gonna be there or do I have to open this menu anyways?" I'll just open that menu and go straight to where I know it is, thanks. xD
    *cough* But yeah, traditional all the way.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I use the old one, because more often than not, the interaction I was planning isn't among the "recommended" actions. I'd rather play my own way.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm not sure what you are talking about, could you post a SS
  • RealBitsyBambiRealBitsyBambi Posts: 111 Member
    I prefer the new one but then again, I haven't used the tradition in TS4 yet.
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I didn't know you could switch.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I didn't know you could switch them, but I like the new one. Except for the little issue of certain actions not showing up or showing up twice.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I like the traditional pie menu. I could never find what I wanted the new one. I switched to the traditional one the first time I ever played. At first I was sort of panicking about the new menu and went to options to find a solution.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Traditional, by a long shot. I didn't know we could use it in The Sims 4....
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Traditional. New is too cluttered for me.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    I like the new one. I do not feel like the traditional one fits well with sims 4
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Madelyn221Madelyn221 Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't think I understand this
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Madelyn221 wrote: »
    I don't think I understand this

I believe it refers to the layout when you click on a Sim to interact with them, in Sims 4 compared with earlier Sims games. (It's a really old thread, not sure how you landed on it!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm not sure what's the difference. I have always used the new one, but in that I often click the option that shows the interactions sorted. Isn't the traditional one just that you always get the interactions sorted and no random options? In restaurants the interactions are always sorted which annoys me. I like the random options because they make me feel more in character when selecting an interaction.

Ah now I noticed it's old, but I already typed all that so here we go.
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    wht is the social menu?
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Traditional for sure. It's easier to navigate.
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Traditional is the Categories at the first click level, like Friendly, Romantic, and so on.

Social gives you a first click level interaction-choices menu (Brighten Day, Tell Joke About... and so on). If you pick Social, it's the 2nd screen where you see the Traditional style choices.

I'd post pictures but TinyPic doesn't want to let me do that.