Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still playing 4?

brainybeebrainybee Posts: 1,123 Member
Just curious. If you bought the game, how long have you had it, and are you still playing? If yes, great! If not, is it by choice (not what you thought it would be, boredom) or because they've made changes since launch, or because you can't play because of bugs or crashes? No judgement, just curiosity. We've got lots of friendly simmers here who have "agreed to disagree."

Comments

• mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I'm still playing and I learn every day :)
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    brainybee wrote: »
    Just curious. If you bought the game, how long have you had it, and are you still playing? If yes, great! If not, is it by choice (not what you thought it would be, boredom) or because they've made changes since launch, or because you can't play because of bugs or crashes? No judgement, just curiosity. We've got lots of friendly simmers here who have "agreed to disagree."
    I haven't bought it in the first place because the first screenshots I saw prior to release repelled me and the fact that TS4 has no open world made it even worse. I'm not interested at all in this game. I am a long time Simmer (since the very beginning) and I love this franchise but TS4 is a major disappointment for me.

This space is for rent.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I got it on release day and am still playing. There's been a couple of times I went back to play two, and have played 3 a couple of times too, but mostly, I am content with 4. I'm not keen on the bar glitch because it makes it so that they have even less to do. I've been doing other things instead.

I got the GP and it's added a lot. Very impressed with it.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited January 2015
    Yes, I still play the game and I bought it shortly after it launched.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I bought it on preorder so I had it on release.
    I tried to love it despite it's missing aspects but it was so devoid of what I love most about the sims-toddlers, family trees, familial relationship tracking, sandbox play etc that it started upsetting me every time I played. In the end my oh told me to stop. He said I was hurting myself trying to love it-that it's the sims and that love should be there from day one. If it wasn't then it wasn't a failure on my part.
    Occasionally I boot it up when there are patches to test it again but always within half an hour I find myself feeling that sadness and shutting it down again.

I'm hoping for better from the sims4 but the longer time goes on the less it seems there's any empathy for customers like me at EA. And that makes me really sad. After supporting the series since it's first release it feels very upsetting that I'm left out and unable to enjoy and invest further. I genuinely felt heartbroken when the game pack came out. I would've been the first to buy any new content but how can I support a game which doesn't support what I love most? I can't :(
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    about to go buy it this weekend
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I bought the game on release day and I was disappointed. I kept playing it in hopes of liking it. The game didn't hold my interest long so I very seldom play it now.

I went in a few days ago to check it out, went to the bar and of course that was glitched. I played maybe 15-20 minutes.
    I never had any problems with bugs or crashes till the other day (game didn't crash but I only ran into the bar glitch) Not a game-breaker for me, just don't care to play the game.

They took my dollhouse away and gave me a miniature one........so not happy with that!
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Bought the game in november. I knew some stuff was missing but I thought I could wait/wasn't a big deal.

Only to find out that it was more disappointing than I had originally thought. I still play it time to time, but I play it for 10 minutes and then I just stop, I can't get into it.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I bought the game when it was released in Sept, but I got bored with it within days. I downloaded TS2 Ultimate Collection and got caught up in TS2 for weeks. TS2 felt new as I hadn't played it for years. I then switched to TS3 and started a great storyline and played that for weeks.
    With the release of Outdoor Retreat, I just switched back to TS4....and honestly it's the 1st time I've played TS4 for hours on end since I originally bought the game. I think once I find the collectibles & hermit hidden neighborhood, I'll probably get bored again. TS4 has some great features, but it is lacking in the areas of venue types and small worlds, which causes the boredom. I haven't experienced any major bugs, with exception to the Gallery crashing, but I access it online now, so that's really not a big deal.
  • auntmadi4438auntmadi4438 Posts: 251 Member
    I play occasionally the graphics are great and I love the racial diversity. The gameplay just isn't great. It seems as if they took Sims 1 and improved the graphics.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,815 Member
    I have been playing the Sims for 14 years, starting with The Sims 1 and I have to admit that I love the newest version of the game. I've rarely missed a day playing since it was released. If I had to define my style of playing it would be completest and that's why I love the goal-oriented play that's available in TS4. I've never been a legacy, family style player unless I was participating in some type of challenge.

For the Sims 3 I had one main sim that I played with aging off. When a new expansion was released I'd move her to the new world and start working on careers and skills and whatever new game-play was introduced. When a new store world was introduced I'd move her there and explore. Sometimes she'd marry and have a family but simply so that I could complete whatever game-play was related to children and teens.
    When WA was released she explored all three vacation destinations, solved all the puzzles, etc. When Show Time was released she mastered all three entertainment careers. And so on for each expansion. This is also the way I played Sims 2.

I can honestly say of all the versions Sims 4 is my favorite because of the goal-oriented play. My sim has already completed several careers and aspirations. Right now she is one promotion away from reaching the top of the Culinary career and when she does she will celebrate by going on vacation. When she returns from vacation I will select another career. I didn't immediately jump into Outdoor Retreat because I see the game packs as enhancing my game-play.

I still have Sims 2 and Sims 3 installed and although I don't play them as often as I used to I still play them both. For me each game offers something different and what has made Sims 4 enjoyable for me is realizing that it is a totally different game from it's predecessors.
  • ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I got the game on the release day and i'm still playing
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited January 2015
    I bought it when it came out and played A TON the first few days. Now I just play maybe once a week? I like this game just enough to not uninstall it and never play again.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    I didn't buy it on the first day. I was dubious about the lack of information before release and wanted to see what the reception was first. The initial reviews were horrible but a few days later, out of curiosity, I bought it anyway. Played for about an hour, laughed and hit the "refund" button on Origin.

About a week later, I found myself thinking "Have I really given it a chance?" and I bought it AGAIN. I tried playing with a larger household this time and enjoyed myself much more. But it only lasted about as far as them aging from YA to Adults and having a baby before I got bored again and wanted a refund, but it was too late this time.

Since then, I've heavily modded it (creeping up on 70) to remove the aspects that I dislike to see if that renews interest for me. I've started all kinds of Challenges that have never interested me in the past. I've made Sims with traits that I don't even like just to see if they are more fascinating. I've tried to force myself to like this game. Because that's what I do. I LOVE the Sims. Just not this version.

I actually like the stylized art. I like the look of the Sims themselves. I dislike the lack of interactions. I dislike the goals. I dislike the absence of Family Play. They've basically stripped the game of everything that makes me want to love to play the Sims. I have no interest in camping when I know that all they'll do is talk more, just this time in a forest. I have never been this bored with a Sims game. I have never not lost myself for hours in the lives of my tiny creations to the point where I look up and the sun is rising because I've been up all night enjoying myself.

TS4 is a major disappointment.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I play it maybe a quick session once a week. I liked it pretty much for a while, but I've also been attracted to my old TS3 lately, so now I run story projects in both :) About TS4, I like many things in there, but I miss a lot too, guess that is just natural with a base game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :mrgreen:

I got it for Christmas.
    I've played it about 10 hours, started a Legacy- of course. :yum:

After playing it I had a hard time wanting to play any Sims games. I just didn't want to open TS2 or TS3 or TS4.I actually didn't play for a few days and then I opened up CAW. CAW got be back to enjoying TS games, almost finished a world, too. Lol

I don't know what it was but it didn't make me happy.... Normal ages felt drawn out and too long from the pregnancy stage through the child ages. My Sim children are still children and they still have several days to go and I'm about to bake some birthday cakes to age them up. :(

I don't know what happened... I can't enjoy it but I believe once more is out and EA adds what I enjoy in the games, I'll have fun again. I'll wait and play other games until then. :cookie:

*It confuses and befuddles me when I read how others view this game as beautiful and that the Sims are so realistic and how their lives are so full and fun... I must be on anther wave length. :dizzy_face:

The same thing happened to me. After trying TS4 I just lost any urge to play any TS game...... :'( ........and this is from someone who played almost daily....for hours. Maybe it's that I was so excited about a new game and then was so disappointed? You're lucky you got the urge to play back. I still find myself thinking up reasons not to play....like....oh. I should really do that load of laundry or it will be time to start dinner in about two hours so I'm not going to open it now. :'(

And no.... I don't think you are another wave length. While I have no real problem with the graphics (I loved the look of TS2 Sims) those plum pink trees burn holes in my brain.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I have put it away for now. I have not bought the GP. I have not updated it with the last update.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I prefer ordered. I got it in late October due to my being out of town for so long then.

I opened the game and felt the emptiness and claustrophobia. Plus lack of toddlers and family tree and freedom were all big issues for me.

I launch for a few minutes occasionally. I patch when I open Origin because that's what happens when you open origin.

I bought Sims 3 releases immediately when available but I won't be getting any new content for this game for a long time, if ever.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I still play it, but I play TS2 also because I just love having all the life stages especially toddlers and having family trees. I haven't bought the GP and don't plan to just because it is scary how much it reminds me where I live, I don't like GPs or SPs, and I feel like I can do a lot of the stuff already in TS2.

I've had the game since Cyber Monday, so a few months. I like it, but have had to install quite a bit of mods to enjoy it. I am still finding bugs and glitches in it and was able to recreate one to send to EA to fix. I just wish Sims weren't so easy to kill, linear game play was toned down quite a bit, and if some things to enhance family play were put into the base game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I got the game just after the ghost patch, and I've been playing it since. I enjoy it, even with bugs. Luckily I don't have game breaking bugs. I took a break for about a month because my fiancé wanted me to play an mmo with him. Now I've got him hooked on ts4. Ever since school started, I've had to cut back on my playtime.
    I'm getting the gp later today. And now that I'm used to school, I can play and enjoy it :)
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    All of the Sims series have been different than their predecessors. TS2, TS3, TS4... but well, I guess I like play differently than this game can offer me.

@PHOEBESMOM601 - I'm so sorry. :(
    I had told myself that I had to finished a project I kinda promised someone. Since it was for someone else, I didn't want to build when I was in a not so focused mood so I opened a old world from years ago. Just to see if I could still make anything nice. It worked out and I'm like it. Now, I'm finishing a turn in Uni with TS2. :yum:

• IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I got the game a few months after it came out because I didn't even realize it was out. I've been playing it ever since whenever I get the chance to do so. Not as much recently because I got two new games and an old one to replay on my PS3, so I've been trying to get through those. I tend to play the sims when I have time to kill. I enjoy the game for what it is and enjoy the new game pack that was just released.