The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Must have information on the herbalism skill!

I haven't seen anyone talk about it except in passing.
"Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."

Comments

• MarixsaMarixsa Posts: 187 Member
    I'd like to know where to get the herbs to make the lotions, etc. Can't purchase them and can't find them and my sims are very itchy.
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Marixsa wrote: »
    I'd like to know where to get the herbs to make the lotions, etc. Can't purchase them and can't find them and my sims are very itchy.

I promise, I didn't just take that wayyyy out of context....
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • ShalimarXShalimarX Posts: 132 Member

Most likely they're available through grafting or a hidden lot much like the Sylvan Glade.

Not sure what you mean by you comment...
    ShalimarX wrote: »

Most likely they're available through grafting or a hidden lot much like the Sylvan Glade.

Thanks, will keep searching, trying to get my sim to read the herbal book but she won't because she's uncomfortable :(
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

Last year, my sister went to an outdoor concert and ended up being "itchy" for all the wrong reasons. Lol.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg

Last year, my sister went to an outdoor concert and ended up being "itchy" for all the wrong reasons. Lol.

lol
  • flgurl315flgurl315 Posts: 72 Member
    You need to go into Granite Falls and look for 'unidentified herbs'. There's 10 total and once they're in your inventory you can study them to actually figure out what they are. As for the potions, you can cook them on any stove top or grill. The higher the level, the more potions of course. Keep your eyes out for insects too because you'll need them for various potions.

Origin: CattleDestroyer

Xbox Gamertag: CattleDestroyer

Currently Playing: Sims 4 & Dragon Age: Inquistion
  • Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    flgurl315 wrote: »
    You need to go into Granite Falls and look for 'unidentified herbs'. There's 10 total and once they're in your inventory you can study them to actually figure out what they are. As for the potions, you can cook them on any stove top or grill. The higher the level, the more potions of course. Keep your eyes out for insects too because you'll need them for various potions.

*claps hands*

actual kitchen witchery! yes!
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You get the herbs in Granite Falls and use the grill to make stuff. You have to cook them and they go into a jar. I think they end up in your Sims inventory. At home you can use the stove. I have not done it yet but I saw them do it on the twitch video. I watched it on SimVip.
  • flgurl315flgurl315 Posts: 72 Member
    flgurl315 wrote: »

*claps hands*

actual kitchen witchery! yes!

I TOTALLY didn't leave anything brewing on the stove while I went to work and kill half of my Sims' family in the process or anything... >.>

Origin: CattleDestroyer

Xbox Gamertag: CattleDestroyer

Currently Playing: Sims 4 & Dragon Age: Inquistion
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited January 2015
    You can also buy an herbilism skill book at the camp supply store. It helps with things. There are five "Wild plant" types around the camp sites, each with 2 different version. Normal and Poisones. The higher your herbilism skill the easier it is for you to identify plants and the more things you can brew on the stove/grill. You need different ingredients for different "brews" which will show when you hover over what you want to make. When you're done they come in cute little jars.

Also, while yes it's too bad you can't just buy the jars, I like that it's something you have to work on making. You can harvest all the plants and start your own garden at home so that you don't always have to go back on vacation to make what you want. :)

Edit: Some of the things you can make help your sim, like getting rid of sadness, bugs, or queasy feelings and some things are for pranks.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    If you don't want to buy the skill book at the ranger's supply store (everything is so expensive there), you can actually identify the plants by eating them, thereby earning herbilism skill points. When they are identified, they will not only tell you what they are, but what potions, or lotions, they will make. It's kind of like a witches brew ... do you have all the ingredients? (eye of newt, mushroom of poison ... haha). Yes, sometimes bugs are needed. Be careful though, some of these things really are toxic!

But really, @Ayumap said it right. They need to be brewed to make the potions (and lotions). You can take the plants home and grow them, but make sure you identify them first.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I did not eat any but my Sims did ... I just clicked on them in my Sims inventory and selected "try to identify". The fiery one makes your Sims angry. I should have written them down because now I don't remember. Anyway some are associated with emotions.
  • DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    Here is a guide with some of the basics of the Herbalism Skill. If someone has new tips or information you can leave a reply at the website or here at the forums :)

sims-online.com/sims-4-herbalism-potion-skill-guide/
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,818 Member
    Carl has also finished his Herbalism skill guide.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/outdoorretreat/herbalism/
  • bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    when you get the outdoor retreat for sims 4, go camping and look for the little store in the campground and you can buy a herb book there, then just look around the woods for plants and collect or harvest them, then click attempt to identify your sim will eat the plant and then will identify what it is sometimes, you will level up as you do that> Hope this helps. :D
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    It bugs me that even though my Sim has already identified a lot of plants, the wild plants are still labeled as unidentified. My Sim now has 60 Huckleberries because he harvests what he doesn't need.

I would think that once the plant is identified, it should just show the name of the plant! :#
  • UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    have2admit wrote: »
    It bugs me that even though my Sim has already identified a lot of plants, the wild plants are still labeled as unidentified. My Sim now has 60 Huckleberries because he harvests what he doesn't need.

I would think that once the plant is identified, it should just show the name of the plant! :#

Hmm. it ids them for me.. I think.. Just got done with my sims vacation...
  • AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member

Mine have stayed identified too, but maybe our sims have a higher skill level.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    Ayumap wrote: »

Mine have stayed identified too, but maybe our sims have a higher skill level.

I better get skilling then! lol

He just got to level 6. :D
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member

Too true but what's your sim's herbalism skill level I'm hoping if you reach the top that will change
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

What I've been doing is when I get back home, I plant a few and then sell the rest. That way I can evolve them to increase their value and potency and get rid of any that I keep finding.

• bjk607bjk607 Posts: 168 Member
    edited January 2015
    @have2admit that just means they cant identify them just yet because your herbal skill needs to be higher