Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    I just thought of something? Do the items owned for the Man Cave have to be the items above? I have 4 items from the Man Cave (one being the Rock Wall) but the others are other items. Or does it not matter as long as the SPs add up?

Sorry- just saw this. It doesn't matter what specific items you have, but it does matter how much they are worth. Since one is the rock wall, you are probably good. Click over to the man cave compilation page and tell me what your CYS price is on that page (should be in red).
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    2045 is the CYS price
  • LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2015
    No the roosters don't go off at crack of dawn. You can argue and fight with Charlie the Chicken though and get a moodlet if you win. lol
    ah bummer. It would've showed some wit on EA's part. :(
    OMG! What would all of our DD hunting be worth if I let you gift me 100 SP of stuff I'll get for free next week?! Lol. You are sweet, but I can wait :blush: I clicked off after my disappointment, and there isn't much time left now anyway. I'm getting now & then manor when it pops up tonight, so that will entertain me for a while :D
    <snips>
    I get ya. I prefer deal stalking to freebies, no challenge there. ;) Just wanted to show some appreciation for your efforts managing this thread. Well, its not a long wait. Barring natural disasters, I'm also getting that Century Manor at 3-5am local. *yawn*
    Edit: In hindsight, posting an upcoming DD is OFF-TOPIC for here imo. I'll remove it so its not cluttering things up on you
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Glad you veterans don't mind :) I was worried someone might be annoyed I started a different thread. But I have a lot of math to share :):):)
    I can't imagine any of the DD elders* would be upset.

Finding good information can be difficult, especially when it gets buried in a big and busy general thread. Now it has it's own place in time and space it'll be so much easier to find and bookmark. :)

* I like to use that word because some young 'uns think it only means "old" and got concerned the last time I used it B)
    2045 is the CYS price

it will be 20 SP for you.
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I can't imagine any of the DD elders* would be upset.

Finding good information can be difficult, especially when it gets buried in a big and busy general thread. Now it has it's own place in time and space it'll be so much easier to find and bookmark. :)

* I like to use that word because some young 'uns think it only means "old" and got concerned the last time I used it B)
    Haha! I know what you're saying. Though I guess in the sim world elders are straight up old ;) Everyone seems super nice, so I wasn't *too* worried. But as I like to say-- the internet is a crazy place! Ha. You never know.

LyrielSim wrote: »
    I get ya. I prefer deal stalking to freebies, no challenge there. ;) Just wanted to show some appreciation for your efforts managing this thread. Well, its not a long wait. Barring natural disasters, I'm also getting that Century Manor at 3-5am local. *yawn*
    Edit: In hindsight, posting an upcoming DD is OFF-TOPIC for here imo. I'll remove it so its not cluttering things up on you

If I would have needed to let the whole list rotate or something crazy, I might have taken you up on it :) Saving a couple hundred points is worth waiting a couple of weeks to me. At least when I have SO much I am ultimately wanting to acquire! I think my hubby will be working late tonight, so hopefully he can click the buttons for me :D it is at an unfortunate time!!
  • awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    CL is not showing up as free for me. I believe it is because the coop and the set are both on the regular sale sheet and it must be throwing the percentage math off. It still should be free when it comes up even cheaper at DD# 450. Sorry if anyone else is as disappointed as me!!

I am glad you will be able to get the set free when it's on cheaper. :) I don't think the sale prices threw anything off for this deal, though. Without any CYS prices the basic math should still be:

DD Price*0,9 - full price of everything you own*0,9 to get your expected price.

That should be about:

675*0,9 - 456*0,9 which means it should still have been about 195 points.

And I think I got Best of 2012 for free with only the Greenhouse and the Teppanyaki Grill owned. However I am not completely sure. And we can't really do the math, because the venue is valued some unknown amount of simpoints. And as the cheapest deal for the Greenhouse is 760 points while the Grill is 150, the combined price of 910 points isn't that much less than your strategy, but it may be an alternative. :)

I really like your thread. I loved looking for the best strategies on the last list, but the list was changed, before I could use most of my strategies. I hope this last list repeats lots of times, so that many people can be helped with your very useful strategies. :D
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Oh my goodness, @awellenbl I posted this an hour ago on LadybugLeslie's thank you thread by accident I had meant to share it here . Great minds think a like!

--
    I have something to share with regards to a good deal too :)

I bought the Stone's Throw Greenhouse off the last daily deal list for 456 sp along with two inexpensive items from Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Living (Zen Garden Lamp & something else but can't recall. When I checked my CYS for Best of 2012 compilation it had been lowered from 5832 down to 375 (said I owned 46%). Pretty crazy discount! 375 simpoints for five sets plus four premium content items - a sweet deal indeed. I'd thought I'd be patient though and whittle that down some more with items from the other sets but I then purchased Supernatural during the Thanksgiving weekend sale which gave me More Magic. I then checked the compilation and I had a Green Download button. That meant that I got all of the India sets, the rest of the Japanese dining including the Tepanyaki grill for free. So if someone can get a good deal on the greenhouse, it would be cheaper to pay an additional 375 sp than buying all of the individual India sets, Japanese sets, More Magic and all of the premium content they come with. Sorry I don't have all of the specifics. I remember posting this back in October I think but didn't think to include the specific Japanese items. :)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    @simgeek79 Yes the Greenhouse is valued lots of points. I really think I didn't have any additional items, but just the Grill and the Greenhouse. And the Grill has a good DD offer. Unfortunately the best Greenhouse offer is still a bit expensive on this list with 760 points. So @LadybugLeslie's strategy might be a very good alternative for people who don't have that many points themselves and rely on getting smaller items gifted. It would be so great if we could gift DD offers. :\
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Calculator must be a tad off. I had to pay 25 SP instead of 20 but it was still a good deal. :)
    @simgeek79‌ & @awellenbl‌ --- That is so interesting. The greenhouse must be valued a crazy high amount. When I was doing my calculations, I just used the full set price as its value since none of the individual items had their own pages. Using just the value of the Japanese set (the entire set) and the 1710 that the green house is listed at, it leaves you still owing like 2000 points. Oh I really want to find someone who doesn't have anything else in the Best of 2012 compilation besides the greenhouse......

Oh and also I did double check my math again, and it is of course just wrong. Must have dreamed a negative sign when I was doing it a few days ago. But it will definitely be free at #450

edited January 2015
    Calculator must be a tad off. I had to pay 25 SP instead of 20 but it was still a good deal. :)

Yeah, the store rounds to the nearest 5 points and we don't know at what point this rounding takes place. So it may be a few points off on occasion.

And the Greenhouse is valued a lot more than just the items included, for which we don't have prices anyway. There must be a big value given to the venue itself. Unfortunately that's not necessarily true for every venue and it's a bit of guess work involved anyway. I am pretty sure, I only had the Greenhouse and the Grill when I got a green download button for the compilation. I think I told @fan00123 this and the strategy worked for her as well, but I haven't seen her around lately.
  • LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2015
    <snips>
    B-b-but what if I am old... -ish? :blush:You're never too old to have a Happy Childhood!
    awellenbl wrote: »
    And I think I got Best of 2012 for free with only the Greenhouse and the Teppanyaki Grill owned.
    @awellenbl Yep, Greehouse & Grill got me a Free Best Of 2012 Comp.
    Edit:
    I think my hubby will be working late tonight, so hopefully he can click the buttons for me :D it is at an unfortunate time!!
    >:) Mine's drafted too. When we're not paying bills I'm a gamer & he's a musician. He's frequently up late, or is it early?
    Man Cave Compilation was Free for me
    3000sp - Reg. Price
    1895sp - CYS Price (3/35 Items - 24% Owned)
    FREE - DD Sale of 75% Off Price
    255sp+ - Total Cost Outlay**

**230sp - Buzzer Beater Free Throw Machine / 25sp - Knock-out Championship Belts
    ??sp - Vertical Challenge Rock Wall -I already had Adv. Life (non-CYS) from a previous DD Sale. I think it goes around 200sp on a weekly sale? I checked @trithone's tracking sheet but couldn't verify the price.
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    There's a World Complication set casade that i dont completely recall but i got it and mentioned it int he DD thread.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    Radlee wrote: »
    thank you for doing this! if i understand your work correctly, if i own viva las vegas living, that should be enough to get the go all in compilation when it comes around? i ask because since i own the other two items in the September 2011 Compilation, I could get VLV Living for 245, effectively, so it would be even cheaper than the way you describe. does that question make sense? i'm not super interested in the set, but for 245 for the entire Go All In, that sounds pretty good!

ETA: wow, looking further, this could really help me, as i was planning to buy the regency arcade when it comes up on the dd for 629, but i won't if i'll get it for free via the Go All In comp!

I'm on my phone now, so I can't post the math, but yes- only owning VLV living should be enough to get Go All In for free. It seems crazy, but it's true. I'll edit my post in the morning with the math :)

Also- not sure what else is in the sept 2011 collection. But if any of that is also in go all in, you might not even need to buy VLV living.

@Radlee‌ - you need a CYS discount of 2165 to get Go All In for free on DD. VLV Living has a sim point value (SPV) of 1543, which makes the CYS 1675. Getting VLV is the cheapest way to acquire the compilation if you don't have a discount at all, but if you do already have a CYS discount, let me know and I can look at my spreadsheet for you.

I own 4% of the Go All In Compilation (just the Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine from the Everyday Teens and Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilations), bringing my CYS to 2845 currently. Viva Las Vegas would be 245 for me if I bought the Sept 2011 Compilation, which includes it, though sounds like that would put me way over to get the Go All In Compilation. I wonder if there's a cheaper way, although 245 is a great price!
    (sorry to double post, but as this is a different topic i kept it separate for clarity)

Leslie, do you have anything worked out (or anyone else, for that matter) on the cheapest way to get the Fortune's Folly Compilation? The DD list is full of items and sets from it, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I currently only have 8% of the set, bringing me to 1605 for CYS.
    I own 4% of the Go All In Compilation (just the Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine from the Everyday Teens and Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilations), bringing my CYS to 2845 currently. Viva Las Vegas would be 245 for me if I bought the Sept 2011 Compilation, which includes it, though sounds like that would put me way over to get the Go All In Compilation. I wonder if there's a cheaper way, although 245 is a great price!

You need a CYS of 2165 to get it free, which means you need items that add up to about 995 SP. The pinball is worth 234 so you are still 761 pts shy. Unfortunately, there just isn't that much on the DD for this compilation (only 4 ind items that total 486 SPV). Since you lose 10% of the value of the items , you really only make out if you're able to pick stuff up at a better discount than 10%. VLV Living has about a 1543 SPV, which is way more than is needed. But it will get you the set for the least outlay of SP.

(sorry to double post, but as this is a different topic i kept it separate for clarity)

Leslie, do you have anything worked out (or anyone else, for that matter) on the cheapest way to get the Fortune's Folly Compilation? The DD list is full of items and sets from it, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I currently only have 8% of the set, bringing me to 1605 for CYS.

That set just caught my eye today!! I haven't worked out the best deal yet, but I will in the next day or so :D It is hard to get a crazy good deal, because the set itself doesn't come on sale. But I shall see!
    awellenbl wrote: »
    And I think I got Best of 2012 for free with only the Greenhouse and the Teppanyaki Grill owned.
    @awellenbl Yep, Greehouse & Grill got me a Free Best Of 2012 Comp.

Where were you people before I bought all that indian clothing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Serves me right for not reading all 500 pages of that thread when I discovered it- doh!
    @LadybugLeslie‌ thank you for your response!

considering how much overkill i'll be doing on points with VLV Living, i may even be able to get go all in for free when it comes up on one of the more expensive deals on the list (sooner!) don't you think? if i have the sp to spare, i'll check it out by buying Sept 2011 when the most expensive Go All In comes up on feb 2.

i look forward to seeing what you come up with for Fortune's Folly-- I appreciate your hard work on all of this!
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    <snips>
    B-b-but what if I am old... -ish? :blush:You're never too old to have a Happy Childhood!
    Ain't that the truth! Age really is irrelevant these days, and I plan to never get old ... though my increasingly creaky body might disagree! :)

Also ...

Something I've been meaning to say for a while, and it's not particularly this thread but seeing as it is relevant: Please don't get hung-up on the percentages owned, they are next to meaningless, the only important number is the actual CYS Simpoints discount. I believe that the percentage is based on the number of items owned but that is not important, it is the value of the items that determines your discount.

• stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    This is a brilliant idea @LadybugLeslie‌ , I also look forward to your finding on Fortune's Folly. Good luck and thank you.
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
    edited January 2015
    @LadybugLeslie‌ thank you for your response!

considering how much overkill i'll be doing on points with VLV Living, i may even be able to get go all in for free when it comes up on one of the more expensive deals on the list (sooner!) don't you think? if i have the sp to spare, i'll check it out by buying Sept 2011 when the most expensive Go All In comes up on feb 2.

i look forward to seeing what you come up with for Fortune's Folly-- I appreciate your hard work on all of this!

@Radlee‌ - Oh boo- It would have been free for you at DD# 321, but it won't be at this next one, because it is the highest price. Your CYS should be around 1465 after you pick up VLV. (243 + 1543)

@stephenhamburg‌ -- Thanks for the kind words :) I'll get into Fortune's Folly today or tomorrow!

And thanks for posting that @ajaxpost‌ ! That's what I thought too! That's why I've been clicking around on all these individual pages trying to value everything :D

EDIT: I updated the first post with y'all's method of getting Best of 2012 :D

Also- I refreshed the DD page this morning and had a temporary freak out-- "where did all my SP go?!"-- then I remembered my wonderful husband got me now & then manor at 2 am. Yay! Can't wait to download that during naptime :blush:
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Good morning @LadybugLeslie (glad you got the manor- so did I! My hubby was sound asleep and I was crashed on the couch waiting for it 3am my time - crazy!) I just remembered that after I got Best of 2012 I got Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings on the DD for free as well which gives you the Lady Ravendancers book of Spells PC. I have to go to work now but if I think of anything else, I'll let you know :)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Ha Ha Simgeek79! I set an alarm and got up at 2 am my time as well to get the Manor for 5 dollars! My partner thought I was crazy but I was like IT'S FIFTEEN DOLLARS!
    I updated the first post with information on acquiring the World Inspiration Collection (which includes the non-CYS set of Adventurous Life) for anyone who might be interested. I'm starting my Fortune's Folly research now :smiley:
    @Radlee‌ & @stephenhamburg‌ -- the news isn't great for Fortune's Folly. Here's the basic info:
    Fortune's Folly
    - Through the spy glass (total SPV of 622)
    - TTSG bath (total SPV of 769)
    - Drifter's Desire (total SPV of 994)

That means the set is only worth a combined 2385 SP and it's priced at 1980 SP. You'd need items that total 1981 SPV to get the set for free, so you'd need to own most of the set. The good news is that TTSG and Drifter's Desire are on the DD- those two sets together put you at 1616 SPV, but will only cost you 706 SP (less if you happened to pick up any of the individual items already). If you do pick up those two sets, you will be able to complete Fortune's Folly for about 330sp. So you'd be into the set roughly 1036SP. The other good news is that TTSG bathroom is part of the March 2011 compilation, so if you happen to own street couture and/or futureshock living you might be able to get that set cheaper through that compilation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top