Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cascades & Daily Deals- Getting the best bang for your SP

Comments

• PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    Penndra wrote: »
    @Ladybugleslie with the Animals Abound Cascade I got a blue download button on both top o tots and kids 2010 but it did not change the percentage of completed, nor did it activate anything new as owned. Do I need to do something else?

edit:
    I found some of it showing as owned in IE. But not in Google.

It usually takes about an hour for your CYS discounts to get updated after new purchases. Sometimes logging out and back in helps. Did you click on the download buttons?

Yep the buttons were blue, and I did download each of the comps. I'll log out and in
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    @Ladybugleslie with the Animals Abound Cascade I got a blue download button on both top o tots and kids 2010 but it did not change the percentage of completed, nor did it activate anything new as owned. Do I need to do something else?

edit:
    I found some of it showing as owned in IE. But not in Google.

It usually takes about an hour for your CYS discounts to get updated after new purchases. Sometimes logging out and back in helps. Did you click on the download buttons?

Yep the buttons were blue, and I did download each of the comps. I'll log out and in

You can also delete your cache.
    edited January 2015
    I logged out of both google and IE and back in again and it works now :) All the sets in the compilations are showing as owned. Thankyou!

I logged out of both google and IE and back in again and it works now :) All the sets in the compilations are showing as owned. Thankyou!

Awesome!!
    Is there a cascade for the Atomic Age set?

I haven't looked into it yet. But I can! Do you own any of it already?
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    Is there a cascade for the Atomic Age set?

I haven't looked into it yet. But I can! Do you own any of it already?

I got a couple of pieces off DD - the Hydro Fission Aquarium and the Leisure Reaction Chair. I'm creating a futuristic house and want to see if there is anyway I can get that set without having to wait ages for the whole thing to be on DD!
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Wow, you really did a lot of work on this one! Based on the calculations, I can work on some things I didn't think I could get very cheaply, such as the Go All in One compilation! Much appreciated. Having this all laid out should help a lot of players get more content. Very nice of you!
    Wow, you really did a lot of work on this one! Based on the calculations, I can work on some things I didn't think I could get very cheaply, such as the Go All in One compilation! Much appreciated. Having this all laid out should help a lot of players get more content. Very nice of you!

Thanks @LadyGreenEyes‌ :blush:

@MayaRose1138‌ -- I'll look into it in the next couple of days for you.

Thank you :). I should also mention that I have the Imperial Zen bedroom set and the Christmas freebies from the November 2011 compilation if it is easier to get the set from that direction.
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited January 2015
    @LadyGreenEyes this is great stuff isn't it!!! :D@LadybugLeslie is a genius <3 and she has inspired me to do some sleuthing and math as well...I started the Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit set this morning (I have the Bistro but want to build a diner!) and have now figured out how to get the 600 point set for only 74 points. Please Leslie, don't hesitate to double check my math, in fact, PLEASE check my math just to be sure. I am not a numbers person at all :\
    So, here it is :D
    Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit
    Deal # 532 Cloud Nine Counter 25 spts (50 spts value)
    Deal # 151 Classy Chassis Dining Chair 20 spts (75 spts value)
    Deal # 441 Hot Rod Table 29 spts (75 spts value)
    Deal # 521 Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit 192 simpoints or 68% off but your CYS with those three items should be 360 so you should get it free according to Eliana's calculator :) This will then help you with the I Heart the 50's set (includes Rebel Just Because) as well. I hope this makes sense :p
    Edited: Put a spaced between # and first digit because for some reason it turned blue and created a weird link all on its own. Hope that helped...will see in a second...
    Post edited by simgeek79 on
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    simgeek79 wrote: »
    @LadyGreenEyes this is great stuff isn't it!!! :D@LadybugLeslie is a genius <3 and she has inspired me to do some sleuthing and math as well...I started the Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit set this morning (I have the Bistro but want to build a diner!) and have now figured out how to get the 600 point set for only 74 points. Please Leslie, don't hesitate to double check my math, in fact, PLEASE check my math just to be sure. I am not a numbers person at all :\
    So, here it is :D
    Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit
    Deal # 532 Cloud Nine Counter 25 spts (50 spts value)
    Deal # 151 Classy Chassis Dining Chair 20 spts (75 spts value)
    Deal # 441 Hot Rod Table 29 spts (75 spts value)
    Deal # 521 Hogan's Deep Fried Diner Starter Kit 192 simpoints or 68% off but your CYS with those three items should be 360 so you should get it free according to Eliana's calculator :) This will then help you with the I Heart the 50's set (includes Rebel Just Because) as well. I hope this makes sense :p
    Edited: Put a spaced between # and first digit because for some reason it turned blue and created a weird link all on its own. Hope that helped...will see in a second...

Nice!!!!! Yes! Your math is spot on. Thanks for doing this @simgeek79‌ -- I love it!! I'll add it to the first page in a sec.
    Yay!!! Thanks Leslie :) I woke up this morning thinking that I must have messed up and used the wrong number in the CYS section of the calculator (wouldn't be the first time!) and was so afraid to check your thread today thinking I had publicly humiliated myself :#

I'm not sure if we discussed this, but once we get World Inspirations which has Cante Captivating, that should help considerable with getting Morocco Mystique which has several pieces in the Villa Paraiso set. :\

Thank you :). I should also mention that I have the Imperial Zen bedroom set and the Christmas freebies from the November 2011 compilation if it is easier to get the set from that direction.

Can you tell me what your CYS discount is on Nov 2011
    Yay!!! Thanks Leslie :) I woke up this morning thinking that I must have messed up and used the wrong number in the CYS section of the calculator (wouldn't be the first time!) and was so afraid to check your thread today thinking I had publicly humiliated myself :#

I'm not sure if we discussed this, but once we get World Inspirations which has Cante Captivating, that should help considerable with getting Morocco Mystique which has several pieces in the Villa Paraiso set. :\

Ha! I know what you mean. You do feel a little bit out on a limb doing this stuff. Thankfully, everyone is so nice- even if I mess up!

MM+Cante Captivating is on my radar! I want to see how much the WI collection will make the CYS. Although of course, I could just do the math ;) Maybe I will after I work on the AA for @MayaRose1138‌
    edited January 2015
    @MayaRose1138‌ -- you are ~250 sp away from being able to get atomic age for free when it comes up on the DD at its lowest price. I know you don't want to wait that long. Just wanted to mention it, because if you think you can wait, then I recommend picking up the auto-noms pet feeder right now while it's still on sale. The sale page will change in an hour or so, but it is the best way to get you up to the 250 sp you'll need to get the set for free. Once you give me your CYS discount on Nov 2011 I can tell you if there is a faster way to get the set, but it will cost a lot more than 250 sp. So you'll have to decide if you'd rather save SP or time :)
    @MayaRose1138‌ -- you are ~250 sp away from being able to get atomic age for free when it comes up on the DD at its lowest price. I know you don't want to wait that long. Just wanted to mention it, because if you think you can wait, then I recommend picking up the auto-noms pet feeder right now while it's still on sale. The sale page will change in an hour or so, but it is the best way to get you up to the 250 sp you'll need to get the set for free. Once you give me your CYS discount on Nov 2011 I can tell you if there is a faster way to get the set, but it will cost a lot more than 250 sp. So you'll have to decide if you'd rather save SP or time :)

Actually, I was going to tell you this morning that I got the pet feeder last night, so that works out nicely :). November 2011 is currently at 1,715 points, and Atomic Age is down to 795 points. Is that where I need it to be?

Actually, I was going to tell you this morning that I got the pet feeder last night, so that works out nicely :). November 2011 is currently at 1,715 points, and Atomic Age is down to 795 points. Is that where I need it to be?

Yes you'll get Atomic Age for free when it comes up on DD at # 248. That's a long way away :fearful: Unfortunately, because Nov. 2011 doesn't come up on the DD, you'd need to own pretty much all of it to get a green download button. You could pick up every day kids on the dd, but you'd still be about 300 pts shy of the compilation.
    Hey @LadybugLeslie just wanted to point out my latest discovery :) Coming up is Deal # 560 Towel Drying Stand from Storybook Bathroom which can be bough for 9 SPs, then Deal # 26 Porcelain Tub for 30 Sp's a total investment of only 39 SPs that add up to a value of 79 SPs which translate to a CYS price of 135 SPs which should make the Set free when Deal # 135 comes along. Again, please verify the math when you have a chance just to be sure :p

Hey @LadybugLeslie just wanted to point out my latest discovery :) Coming up is Deal # 560 Towel Drying Stand from Storybook Bathroom which can be bough for 9 SPs, then Deal # 26 Porcelain Tub for 30 Sp's a total investment of only 39 SPs that add up to a value of 79 SPs which translate to a CYS price of 135 SPs which should make the Set free when Deal # 135 comes along. Again, please verify the math when you have a chance just to be sure :p

Yes! That's the cheapest way to get the set. I chose not to go that route, because I want to finish Make A Wish compilation on this rotation of the DD list. That's part of the reason why I said SPs would vary on that set.
    Oh...that's good. I am definitely hoping for another rotation because I was a little late off the start so I desperately need those early deals now. I think it's because initially I had just a few sets I wanted so I ignored a bunch of deals. But now I'm like, "I want it ALL!" lol - things I never thought I'd want keep me up till all hours of the night trying to figure out the best way to get them without shelling out a ton of points. So addicted...but I guess admitting that is a good start and as soon as I've bought everything, I promise to stop ;)

Oh...that's good. I am definitely hoping for another rotation because I was a little late off the start so I desperately need those early deals now. I think it's because initially I had just a few sets I wanted so I ignored a bunch of deals. But now I'm like, "I want it ALL!" lol - things I never thought I'd want keep me up till all hours of the night trying to figure out the best way to get them without shelling out a ton of points. So addicted...but I guess admitting that is a good start and as soon as I've bought everything, I promise to stop ;)

I'm still not certain if I will go after everything. I have my heart set on a certain few sets... and not passing up good deals along the way. So I might end up with the store by coincidence :P
    I am, though, paying closer attention to how many simpoints I spend on things, now that I know I don't have to spend as much as I started out spending. It is looking more promising that I will have enough points left for my gold midnight hollow as a reward for spending more wisely.

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    > @simgeek79 said:
    > Hey LadybugLeslie just wanted to share another tip. Our lovely Radlee pointed out a few weeks back that if you own the Barrier to Entry and the Larger than Life screen (both items have appeared on the Sale Page in the past) they count towards the CYS of the Le Cinema Plumbob in the March 2013 Compilation. Then, if you own a few pieces of Live, Laugh, Love you can get it for free/cheap on the DD (just past) and then you get the March 2013 Comp for 420spt!

This is what I've been thinking about doing. I have the Barrier to Entry and a lot of the Live, Laugh, Love set. It's coming up again on the DD down the road a bit. But the Larger than Life screen is on sale now. I guess I should get it. I just didn't know how much more the March 2013 Compilation would cost me after buying L,L,L and the screen. Sometimes this is all so confusing! Thanks for letting me know that I'd have to spend 420 pts to complete the Compilation and get Le Cinema. That really helps with my decision making. :)
    You're welcome @Ianlyn :) I hear you, I owned the screen and a few pieces from LLL but thought I had a ways to go when it came to the Compilation but then @Radlee shared that information, and the Barrier appeared on the next Sales Page so I scooped it up plus LLL shortly after when it appeared on the DD (I was lucky and got the best deal one). By the way, yes LLL is coming up, but depending on what your CYS is, if you can be patient Deal # 784 has a better discount :)

@Penndra‌ -I'm not sure if I want to own the store, but I told my hubby I want to own all the premium content, worlds, and venues. So really once you cross that threshold. it almost makes sense to just take the plunge. Particularly when you see how cheaply you can get things on the DD! Sorry I was a bit quiet yesterday, hubby was out last night, so I actually played my game for several hours! I am so close to being done with this one little storyline I've been working on. But the last piece is I want one girl to go live in France with her relatives. I thought I could do it easy-peasy with nraas Traveller mod, but she has to be a Visa level 3 first! So I stopped and got a mod to help me cheat her visa level. I've already thoroughly explored France; I don't want to make a load of trips back and forth with this girl!!

Glad you found some useful info @lanlyn‌ !

And once again @simgeek79‌ -- you are amazing and so helpful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top