Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official pose player like interaction via photographer career, that allows for user created poses.

I have a request for the Sims development team to develop a photographer career that would feature something akin to the very popular pose player mod that was available for the Sims 3 and similar to the official "pose" interaction - as a full blown interaction that would allow for custom and pre-made poses in the Sims 4.

Giving players the best of both worlds, an officially pose interaction and one that would allow for user created poses.

With the boom of smart phone cameras's, it has ignited a new interest in photography with many people upgrading to full blown digital cameras, so the interest among the young and old in the hobby exists (as to justify a Sims 4 career) that many players could enjoy and could expand on the creative aspects of game play allowing pictures to be hung on walls, art displays, ect. It could also incorporate street art maybe as a branch ala the Sims 3? A way for players to really decorate their neighborhood if you will in their own creative style.

Plus from a story tellers point of view the added depth to game play would allow us not only more options but the ability for Maxis to integrate their own pose style system that would allow for custom added poses. You could add a disclaimer that unofficial poses are not supported by EA customer service, as is often done.

As for the custom pose interaction, you could have an pose interaction that showed simply EA poses to more complicated poses shown via a UI screen like a directors notepad or something, that would display further poses both EA and custom poses that were added via the mod folder.

When taking a pose you could select take individual pose, or take group pose if the image was to include multiple sims.

Then when the sims freeze/go into the pose it would also allow players to take their own screenshots as well as the photographer WHO WOULD BE posing with a camera for the shot.

I think you (the Maxis team) are in the perfect position to give players amazing interaction/system and open system that many would greatly appreciate.

If you were to release your own officially unsupported pose creator like the pattern creator for the Sims 3, or world editor, I think that would be amazing and could work VERY similar to how the current CAS system works with pull and pushing legs, ect into place.

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I like that I don't like the poses in CAS when we take their picture at the end. Kids look high honestly... I would love to make sims pose in the promo art theSims give.

I'd like to do a family portrait like this.

10704297_799985333373872_7304762945698004439_o.png
    I'd have my sim mother in the chair, father standing behind her with his hand on her shoulder, sister leaning against her father, and me sitting on the ground like that other guy.

10560416_757950044244068_3636171034644986636_o.png

and I can put that pic on the gallery and hang it on the walls of the house.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Sims Studio has added a function that allows you to replace the default animations in TS4 using animations created in Blender.

But to be able to do simple poses like the ones in @MasonGamer‌ 's post would be wonderful
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Sims Studio has added a function that allows you to replace the default animations in TS4 using animations created in Blender.

But to be able to do simple poses like the ones in @MasonGamer‌ 's post would be wonderful

Yeah I know about this, its a start but still a long way to go before its anything like the original pose player AND why I think EA is better positioned to do it officially.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Yeah I know about this, its a start but still a long way to go before its anything like the original pose player AND why I think EA is better positioned to do it officially.

I completely agree with you. I have played around with various pose editors (Blender, Daz and such like) and it would be superb to have a proper tool like the Build Mode as the pose editors out there are definitely non-trivial to learn and use.

I was pleased when I saw it, though, as it may mean we get some new poses/animations in, maybe, the not too distant future.

I am new to the franchise and have picked up TS2 and 3 and just discovered that there is a pose player(s) for them in the last day or two! I was pleased :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison