Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We should be able to set the length of our sims' lives

I liked how in previous games we could set the length of time our sims could live but apparently here in Sims 4 we all have a pre-set amount of days and that's that. What's up with that? I don't like the game telling us how to play.

Comments

• TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I'm pretty sure it was a feature that came with an expansion pack in TS3. I'm hoping it returns in an expansion pack.
  • countrygal611countrygal611 Posts: 43 Member
    I think the idea was so that lives were reflected upon more commonly as they would in real life, because this is a simulation game. Life spans aren't an absolute thing, and if you dislike it so much you can find a bunch of mods that change lifespans.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    That's why I turn off aging and then I turn it back on when I am ready to age one of them. but if i could I would set their lifespan to infinite i don't really want them to die.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Yeah all my sims are dying way too fast. Makes the game less fun to play. Also there isn't a sim bin to keep copies. I guess that's what we are supposed to use the online Gallery for but I don't necessarily want to post all my sims for public consumption.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    The aging options pretty much allow you to do as you like in controlling the lifespan of Sims and youth potions are only 1500 satisfaction points...no need to die!
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    I agree, it was a good thing being able to set the exact days.

But as @ModerateOsprey‌ said you can always purchase a youth potion to extended your Simmies lives :)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif