Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 times the FUN! A Randomacy ~ NEW Chapter, 9.11

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thanks for reading, Rose :)

Summer seems to have an easy time getting promotions in the Education career so I think she'll reach the top before retirement. Yes, it was a little sad to see Gina pass in such an unexpected way but comforting to know that it was old age and not some other reason. I had always thought ghosts left the premises as soon as the sun rose, but these Snyder ones have tossed that line of thinking right out the window. Oh my yes, it really was a relief when Grace finished cooking without any mishaps.
  • Options
    **NEW CHAPTER**
    Generation 6
    Chapter 16

Summer is happy with her decision as well as the plans for Leisure Day and feels that the family has earned some well-deserved rest and relaxation.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello :)
    It sounds like a very nice Leisure Day. It is great that the Pool Party went well It is special that Van asked Malinda to the Prom <3
    It is good that the family's loved ones are now at the Cemetry.
    It iwas a very nice update to read :)
  • Options
    Hello, Rose :)

Yes, it was a nice Leisure Day for them and I was glad I thought of a pool party to celebrate the holiday. I'm not very good at keeping a room full of sims happy at a party so don't host them as much as I should, but I decided I needed to be better about letting them do things other than work/school ~ festival for their family photo ~ weddings, births and deaths because that wouldn't be a very fulfilling SimLife.

Van and Malinda are a cute couple! For some reason his teen stage enabled him to have two dances (not sure if the # of days changed because I was having some issues with aging) so I thought one should be an actual prom, but couldn't figure out how to do a promposal that would be sweet so I thought asking after a lovely time spent with the family would be a fine way to end the day.

I agree, it is much better to have the loved ones at the cemetery. Sim ghosts are fun to watch up to a certain point and then it is a bit much. Taking meals from fridge; cooking and leaving while in the middle of doing so; hogging the video games, TV and computer and often breaking the electronics; fighting over claiming the rocking chairs; interrupting showers... they did it all. And this was after I added a mod to stop having them wake up whenever a ghost flitted into or through the bedroom or whenever they saw one in the house.
  • Options
    Hello
    When I read the update yesterday, I too was surprised that there was two dances held. I thought that I must have just not been aware that there can be more than one dance. Thankyou for posting that you found that it was unusual as well :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    When I read the update yesterday, I too was surprised that there was two dances held. I thought that I must have just not been aware that there can be more than one dance. Thankyou for posting that you found that it was unusual as well :)

You're welcome. I try to mention anything unique or unusual because part of this story journey is learning more about my game... sure I've owned & played it for many years (most often the same way from game to game... boring!) and have a large list of things I haven't done which I may or may not get to but I'm thoroughly enjoying trying new things based on the rolls I receive in the randomacy app generator. I've also received lovely feedback from others who experienced something similar or were able to teach me nifty tips and tricks so I'm not as big a dunce as before lol All I can say is thank goodness I don't do Let's Play videos because I have a difficult time doing things off the cuff and much prefer being able to sit back, review and more than likely edit.
  • Options
    Happy New Year!

As some of you may know from fairly recent posts on my tS3 wall, 2017 is ringing in on a very loud note! My college-aged daughter has moved back home and we’ll be busy getting her bedroom and the rest of the house back in order before classes begin on the 9th. I am having minor same-day surgery on the 6th and recovery time with its accompanying restrictions might further limit time spent at the computer.

So… what does all this busy (but a good busy!) mean in regards to my much-loved Snyder family and their Randomacy? I’m so glad you asked.

In a nutshell ~ delays in posting new chapters.

I was already at the point where all the chapters that were written in advance have been published, meaning that I needed to PLAY the game so further chapters could be written and readied for publishing… time that had been planned/set aside last week was “claimed” by the short-notice move and this week seems to be more of the same. As for the surgery… further delays might or might not be needed.

With all of this in mind, I have decided to take off the entire month of January. Less stress for me and no quickly cobbled together chapters for you equals a win-win solution all around.

The Snyder family and I will see you in February!
  • Options
    Hello :) Thankyou very much for your update on what is happening in your life. It is exciting that your college aged daughter is moving back home! It will be very special for you. I hope all the busy preparations for her beginning of classes goes as smoothly as possible.
    I send hugs to you <3 as you prepare for your surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts as you have the surgery and then go through the healing and recovery process.
    It is a good idea to take January off from posting about your Legacy family. I will look forward to your updates in February!
    Sending some sunshine smiles to you also :)
  • Options
    Thank YOU very much, dear Rose :)

Your kind words and support mean a lot to me... especially at this time.
    <3 receiving those sunshine smiles because they make me feel warm inside & out!

32fe9715316553ab7b9dc0454d062570.jpg

Have a lovely day!!!
    BIG gentle hugs
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I was going to wait until I got a bit further in my reading, but wanted to go ahead and comment now.

Thanks to yours (Addy) and Tanu's Random Legacy together, I thought it was such a great idea I begin looking for someone to do a random legacy with me. :) I did find someone, so your idea spread! :)

I'm only about half way thru Addy's posted chapters but it is quite enjoyable to read! When I'm done, I'll begin on Tanu's.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I was going to wait until I got a bit further in my reading, but wanted to go ahead and comment now.

Thanks to yours (Addy) and Tanu's Random Legacy together, I thought it was such a great idea I begin looking for someone to do a random legacy with me. :) I did find someone, so your idea spread! :)

I'm only about half way thru Addy's posted chapters but it is quite enjoyable to read! When I'm done, I'll begin on Tanu's.

@ChelleJo ~ Thank YOU! What a wonderful compliment :smiley:

Congratulations on finding someone to share the experience with! Will you two be sharing your story? I hope so because it would be fun to see how things go on your end.

You may or may not know this already, but I thought I'd let you know...

Computer issues have kept Tanu from continuing/finishing this co-journey
    :disappointed:
    Her last chapter is "Wanna Build a Snowman?" and like all of her other chapters is a really good read!
    The thread post Table of Contents provides links to each of her chapters.

I began way-back-when by posting each update here and in my blog but have since streamlined things so am updating via blog with a link provided here.

The link to the blog itself:
    Have I Got A Story For You!

Happy Reading! And... have a SIMTASTIC time during your own Randomacy... it really is a fun challenge to do!!!
  • Options
    ... and I am BACK!
    Taking the month off was difficult because I didn't want to, but knew I needed to. I needed a break from writing/cranking out chapters because it was time to play & figure out where the story was going next.

I had run out of chapters written in advance and didn't have a feel for the family since it had been a while since they and I last 'met'. It was a lovely couple of weeks getting reacquainted with my beloved Snyder family! I played, wrote two chapters, played some more and wrote two more.

It feels good to be back :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Time for a chapter!
    6.17: Letting Them Be

Things happen and whether they’re good or bad, it might be best letting them be.
  • Options
    Hello :) It is great that you are back writing chapters again :) It is enjoyable reading the updates on what is happening in the lives of the Snyder family. It is great that Van and Malinda had a special time at the Prom <3 Malinda does look very pretty in her prom dress. It is great that the Commencement speech that Summer gave earlier went well too.
    I hope that the relationship between Katie and Gabe improves.
  • Options
    Hello, Rose :)

Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy sharing the happy times my lovely Snyder family has, but I do know that the not-so-good moments (fortunately there aren't many of them!) help balance things so that their lives isn't leaning too far in one direction and become a boring read.

I'd like to think that Katie and Gabe reconciled so that they weren't fighting as often as the Nraas SP messages indicated. That is one thing that I wish I could set... being able to have marriages last among the townies. Haven't quite figured out how to do it because the one thing I tried didn't seem to take.
  • Options
    Time for a new chapter!
    6.18: A High Note

The day might have started out with a rude awakening, but is sure to end on a high note.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday to Duncan! :) He does look a very handsome teenager! It is great that Summer is now teaching him how to drive. I am sorry that the tv broke at his party and there is a delay with the repairman coming.
    The start to the day wasn't too good! The thief sounded as if she was quite powerful in fighting! Summer must have been quire tired to sleep through all that was taking place!
    Thank you for another nice update on the family :)
  • Options
    Thanks, Rose!

I agree the day started off on a bad foot, but it would have been worse without any alarms. That is one thing I buy as soon as the family can afford the purchase... I still remember the days when Zach and Nichol couldn't. Oooh, scary! LOL

This is the second or third time a television has been broken during a party. Not quite the "party activity" they had in mind, I'm sure. I need to figure out which Snyder will be learning to repair things so that he/she can unlock the "make object unbreakable". That would be really nice to have since the television and two computers are breaking more often than they used to.

I've said it before... my Snyder family has gorgeous genes! In my game Van and Duncan have both had their YA birthdays & are indeed handsome fellows. Can't wait to show them off/share them with YOU :)
  • Options
    Time for a new chapter!
    6.19: A Job Well Done

Summer proves herself more than capable to meet any last-minute job demands and earns another promotion. She then rewards herself for a job well done.
  • Options
    Congratulations to Summer on her promotions! :) It was special and nice that Van shared in her excitement of getting the promotion. It was great that she bought a new car as a special reward to herself.
  • Options
    Thanks, Rose! The last couple of promotions came really quick, especially since I wasn't doing anything to rush them through. Van cheering his mom on was nice to see :) At some point, Summer's previous car didn't make it home and I couldn't figure out where it got left in town, so I decided to give her a fancy one when she reached the top of her career.
  • Options
    Time for another chapter!
    6.20: Sharing His Story

With this chapter, generation 6 comes to an end and generation 7 officially begins. Time for Van to take over and begin sharing his story.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Wow! We are in for a bumpy road ahead. No wonder you have a hard time holding in the excitement of that roll.
  • Options
    @ciane ~ Yes, the road the Snyder family is traveling along seems to have veered off the smooth asphalt and onto something rough & rocky. Hold onto your hat! Van has got his generation cut out for him, that's for sure. I feel bad knowing what I have to do in order to accomplish goals that are not in sync with the way I normally play because Van seems like such a nice guy. Part and parcel of challenging myself. Oh my yes... it has been difficult not talking about the rolls and what's been happening in game since I often play ahead.
  • Options
    Hello :)
    Congratulations to Van on his birthday and graduation! It was great seeing the various costumes that the sims wore to the birthday party. It was great reading what the goals are for the new generation! I will look forward to seeing how it unfolds in Van's life story!