March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the last film you saw?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,583 Member
    Not a film, but we're watching the Breaking Bad series. SO good!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Peral wrote: »
    I watched "Yesterday" the Beatles movie. I think its really great

That is a great film!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I recently watched the movie "Marley and I" and it really impressed me. I was so imbued with this film. The actors played their roles so vitally that it seemed to me as if everything was happening for real, as if everything was happening to me. The film shows love, true love, man's love for man, man's love for an animal - a strong, friendly seed. Of course, the film is predictable and the ending seemed clear to me at first, but how hard it is to lose a faithful friend, emotions flooded over me in full swing and at the end of the film I cried for a long time.
    A huge tear jerker, that one!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    "Down Periscope"
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,743 Member
    Queen of Katwe. Without giving too much away it follows the life of a young girl living in poverty in Uganda, who aspires to be an Olympic chess player. It's based on a true story. Really heartwarming and inspiring.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    WW84. I love the little homage they paid at the end of that movie, I didn't expect that at all.
  • arlielarliel Posts: 1,458 Member
    My Little Pony.......
    I mean, it was just on. But I DID catch myself watching some of it. Before that, I got half way through Age of Ultron. My focus wasn't on it. (I'm doing a chronological Marvel re-run, including tv shows.)
    MRSMLOG wrote: »
    "Down Periscope"
    I almost put this on a couple weeks back. I didn't. I should have. Last time I saw it was as a kid and I remember enjoying it.
    In case one is curious:
    Arliel322 on Origin
  • SimDerekSimDerek Posts: 2 New Member
    "From Up on Poppy Hill" from Studio Ghibli.

I'd been sorting and cleaning our DVD/BD shelf and somehow the case got left on the coffee table... My wife came from home from work and saw it and "we haven't seen that in a while, we should watch it". So we did.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Day Of The Dead (1985). I bet I've watched it annually since 1987. Some of you may need a change of underwear after watching this film.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Humoresque
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Barefoot in the Park, one of my favourites.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    Godzilla vs Kong
    Mortal Kombat
    I watched the 2004 version of The Ladykillers with Tom hanks (well, actually I watched it with my husband, but Tom Hanks was in it :wink:).
    I didn't enjoy it, but am planning on giving the original a go at some point.

@WhatCobblers Maybe a strange question, I'm not a huge Queen fan, would that film still be worth a watch anyway? :smile:
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Mortal Kombat

I pretty much watch that for 2 fight scenes now. Cage vs Scorpion and Kang vs Reptile.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,743 Member
    I watched the 2004 version of The Ladykillers with Tom hanks (well, actually I watched it with my husband, but Tom Hanks was in it :wink:).

@WhatCobblers Maybe a strange question, I'm not a huge Queen fan, would that film still be worth a watch anyway? :smile:

It was an interesting look into the lead singer's life and I also liked seeing how the band rehearsed and what went on backstage. The gig performances are really good.
    The film is very music heavy, the soundtrack is their songs all the way through for approx 2 hours so I think it would depend on how much you like the music.
    Narrative-wise, the film felt more like a musical than a biopic (though it's not really a musical as such) but I found it enjoyable to watch. It definitely feels made for Queen fans but might still be worth a watch if you like music in general.
    Hope that's helpful. :)

It was an interesting look into the lead singer's life and I also liked seeing how the band rehearsed and what went on backstage. The gig performances are really good.
    The film is very music heavy, the soundtrack is their songs all the way through for approx 2 hours so I think it would depend on how much you like the music.
    Narrative-wise, the film felt more like a musical than a biopic (though it's not really a musical as such) but I found it enjoyable to watch. It definitely feels made for Queen fans but might still be worth a watch if you like music in general.
    Hope that's helpful. :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply! I'm interested in backstage and rehearsals, the 2 straight hours of Queen music might be a little much for me haha. Maybe I'll give it a go one day. Thank you again. :smile:
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    > @SimDerek said:
    > "From Up on Poppy Hill" from Studio Ghibli.
    >
    > I'd been sorting and cleaning our DVD/BD shelf and somehow the case got left on the coffee table... My wife came from home from work and saw it and "we haven't seen that in a while, we should watch it". So we did.

Oh I love 'from up on Poppy Hill'! ^_^ I feel like its one of those lesser known Ghibli, but I find it super cosy!
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Me and my husband rewatched 'Knocked Up' a week after rewatching 'Pinapple Epress', I love those movies, such a particular sense of humour :D
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    9 to 5 :love:
    King's Faith
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,633 Member
    A Star Is Born. :'(
    Her Secret Family Killer