Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Finally an Answer from EA customer Service!!!

Yes, I have finally chatted with an EA Game Advisor about buying a Game/Cash Card that only selected countries have these, but Australia does not have at this time, and in our little chat, the game advisor mentioned a link at https://www.paysafecard.com/en-au/products/paysafecard/ this is where I can buy similar game cards to purchase games digitally through Origin, without having a credit card or a PayPal Account, I'm very relieved and happy that these cards work similar to the ones in US and other countries.

So now I can purchase Outdoor Retreat game pack next week without fearing of missing out.

Thankyou Origin and EA!

Regards
MidnightPearl

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    That's awesome.
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    Nice! Congrats! Have fun!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    I am glad that you have been able to find a way to buy game cards without using a credit card or PayPal, and that you can now buy Outdoors Retreat through Origin. That is great! :) Thankyou for your helpfulness in posting the link to information about it here. It will help other simmers that are in similar situations as you. :)
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I have paypal account. No need that thing
    Also, it has any advantage?
    And if you have no credit card, how can purchase online those cards?
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited January 2015
    @catloverplayer thankyou :smiley:
    @ericbatchelder, I will thanks :smiley:
    @rosemow thankyou :smiley:
    @leo3487 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUsTmuJonM
    I need to read and understand more about this card too.
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    Thank you!!
    @DaB1gv you're welcome, EA advisor directed me to paysafecard website, so I need to read and understand how it works too :smiley:
    I've just read up on it, it looks like pretty much the same thing as a prepaid VISA card. I don't know how much this one costs, but for the VISA it was $6.49 AUD to buy it, plus the money on it. I'll scan through the page.
    @DaB1gv cool thanks :smiley:
    edited January 2015
    Sorry for the third reply on this topic, but I don't know how we're going to pay for it at the Origin checkout. It says it's a 16 Digit Code, and at the moment I added something random to my cart, and the only options that are coming up are Credit Card and PayPal. I'm on my Mac at the moment, so I don't know if it's the same, but this is what I'm seeing:
    svj6sx.png
    16ly0qo.png
    I think I might need the prescription on my glasses upped.

28i56i0.png

I wonder if a 'Promo Code' would do it?
    yeah, I looked at this before too and baffled, I'm not sure how are we going to use these cards if on Origin it's not the same.
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    Sorry for the third reply on this topic, but I don't know how we're going to pay for it at the Origin checkout. It says it's a 16 Digit Code, and at the moment I added something random to my cart, and the only options that are coming up are Credit Card and PayPal. I'm on my Mac at the moment, so I don't know if it's the same, but this is what I'm seeing:
    svj6sx.png
    16ly0qo.png

actually if it's like a normal visa card, choose the credit card option and maybe these paysafecards and Load&go cards maybe the same as a normal visa, who knows, I'm still confuzzled myself!

I'm currently on a live chat, it's VERY unhelpful. They've suggested EA Cash Cards four times before it finally got through to them that I lived in Australia.
    What payment methods do you accept?
    We accept Visa, MasterCard, as well as PayPal and Click & Buy for customers who do not have a credit card.
    Depending on which country you live in, you can pay for your purchase using major credit cards such as VISA and Mastercard, via Paypal, using certain pre-paid methods such as PaySafeCard and Ukash, by direct debit, or you can use an EA Cash Card. A full list can be found here.

I'm now trying to find out how to actually put in the code in. They're telling me that you can add the card information to the Origin account - I'll check that now.
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    What payment methods do you accept?
    We accept Visa, MasterCard, as well as PayPal and Click & Buy for customers who do not have a credit card.
    Depending on which country you live in, you can pay for your purchase using major credit cards such as VISA and Mastercard, via Paypal, using certain pre-paid methods such as PaySafeCard and Ukash, by direct debit, or you can use an EA Cash Card. A full list can be found here.

I'm now trying to find out how to actually put in the code in. They're telling me that you can add the card information to the Origin account - I'll check that now.

ok, thanks let me know how this card works :smiley:

• strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    Hmmm... I just use a visa debit card and it worked the last time I bought stuff from origin. I use it with paypal as well and only load money onto it when I want to buy online. I've found it's the safest way of doing things since if anyone gets the details, there's nothing to steal. //Australian here btw. Lol.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes, I have finally chatted with an EA Game Advisor about buying a Game/Cash Card that only selected countries have these, but Australia does not have at this time, and in our little chat, the game advisor mentioned a link at https://www.paysafecard.com/en-au/products/paysafecard/ this is where I can buy similar game cards to purchase games digitally through Origin, without having a credit card or a PayPal Account, I'm very relieved and happy that these cards work similar to the ones in US and other countries.

So now I can purchase Outdoor Retreat game pack next week without fearing of missing out.

Thankyou Origin and EA!

Regards
    MidnightPearl

That's great good for you and other simmers B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

@marcel21 thankyou :smiley:
    Hmmm... I just use a visa debit card and it worked the last time I bought stuff from origin. I use it with paypal as well and only load money onto it when I want to buy online. I've found it's the safest way of doing things since if anyone gets the details, there's nothing to steal. //Australian here btw. Lol.

yeah, I've got a visa debit card as well but I'm looking for ways for a friend of mine that can't get a visa debit card herself and thought it'll be easier to have a game card that we can both purchase together, I'll do anything for my friends.

• strangestfruitstrangestfruit Posts: 53 Member
    The only other thing I know of (I work at a supermarket) are the pre-loaded visa cards. They come in $50 & $100 amounts and have a $5.95 purchase fee. I'm sure they'd work the same as a bank visa card. But I think you also have to 'pay' (from the amount on the card) if you ever need to get a balance on it.

It'd be nice if there was a way to get these pre-paid visa cards without all the extra charges. The reloadable ones from the post office are probably the way to go since then you're not going to have random amounts left over that you can't spend online.
    @strangestfruit thankyou, I'll have a look next week when I'm in the post office or supermarkets :wink:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Thankyou Origin and EA!

Regards
    MidnightPearl

I usually use pay safe cards to buy the games at origin or at steam, they are pretty good and you can use more than one at the same time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015

yeah, I've got a visa debit card as well but I'm looking for ways for a friend of mine that can't get a visa debit card herself and thought it'll be easier to have a game card that we can both purchase together, I'll do anything for my friends.

I wish I had friends like you are :(
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 aww that's sweet, you don't have friends that could do this for you?, that's a shame. :(