Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear maxis ea.

Comments

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I'm buying it but understand why some are not. I do like the game but I also believe that the bugs are going to get fixed, toddlers will be back along with other things like dishwashers, family trees, etc. Look what Generations added in terms of family relationships. EPs have always added better gameplay whether it improves relationships, interactions, options of things to do or places to go.

I didn't have most of the bug issues in TS3 but I never loved it like TS2. The December patch is disappointing given how wide spread it is. I question how they missed that but I have thought these things in all versions of the games. I also lost and never got back a big list of things I loved when moving to TS3. But there were new things to love in TS3. In the end, my game worked fine. So I do believe that this issues will get fixed because, for me, they always have.

This doesn't mean that I will get the exact game I would design. Clearly, not everyone wants to play the exact same game. I'm happy to give this time to see. For me, it isn't a waste of money nor is it for anyone who does buy it.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    My suggestion is to stop using the word haters to refer to people who aren't going to buy. It's a loaded word that causes offence that I don't believe is the intention most of the time.
  • ClydeClyde Posts: 56 Member
    edited January 2015
    > @SelenaGrey said:
    > Clyde wrote: »
    >
    > Not buying 18:19 buying. Including those waiting for discount sales (3 pax.)

>

> the haters is losing by a point
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Please don't refer to those not buying as 'haters'.

relax, i not buying too. haters is a term *hardcore* fans used to call us. maybe a inside jokes of EA too.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    buying it!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Buying

On another thread I mentioned about re-installing Sims4. You said "Go for it"
    I re-installed it last night :p
    Not buying 21:22 buying. Including those waiting for discount sales (3 pax.)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Buying it :D

For reasons A, B, and C.

I have installed and re-installed this many times for each of the reasons :o
    okay guys good night. summary, its a tie. the battle is so intense.
  • ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Clyde wrote: »
    Not buying 18:19 buying. Including those waiting for discount sales (3 pax.)<br />
    <br />
    the haters is losing by a point

Please don't refer to those not buying as 'haters'.

@Winifred_W‌ 's profile picture keeps throwing me off. looks too much like yours.
  • Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    ASDF0716 wrote: »
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    Not buying 18:19 buying. Including those waiting for discount sales (3 pax.)<br />
    <br />
    the haters is losing by a point

Please don't refer to those not buying as 'haters'.

@Winifred_W‌ 's profile picture keeps throwing me off. looks too much like yours.

Sorry, this is my teenager in the game :smile:
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    i'm not gonna buy this so soon i will wait to see if more bugs are comming will wait if their gonna fix the current game and wait for better prices

@clyde i think is unfair the way you are count, peoples which gonna buy but later must be counted apart from peoples which gonna buy in the first day, person which will buy later obvious are peoples which are not "happy" but not anger enough to no buy, but enough to wait a better game then is different from peoples which are happy to buy on first day, if you put then apart you gonna really see how much peoples are "happy" to buy.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    okay guys good night. summary, its a tie. the battle is so intense.

The only battle I am interested in is the battle for a feature rich game, not against other simmers.
    For all of us to go ahead despite of what the game is missing is only to signal that nothing has to be done.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Will not buy until all bugs are removed from game - ALL of them
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member

There will probably never be a day where the game has *no* bugs at all. Sims 3 & sims 2 both still have some bugs that were never resolved.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    Unlike TS3, I refuse to keep adding bugs on top of bugs. I won't be buying until the issues TS4 already has
    ..(especially with the Dec-16 Patch) are resolved.
  • DragonAge_23586441DragonAge_23586441 Posts: 229 Member
    I think I'll wait till I see some comments base on what's new. This time I'm not going in "I must have it" like I did with 3.
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member

There will probably never be a day where the game has *no* bugs at all. Sims 3 & sims 2 both still have some bugs that were never resolved.

The Sims 3 yes, but I've never seen a bug in The Sims 2. Only lightning bugs. :p
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    MAFEBISI wrote: »

The Sims 3 yes, but I've never seen a bug in The Sims 2. Only lightning bugs. :p

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection-Known-Issues-Please-read-first/td-p/3222129
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Terrylin wrote: »
    NOT!

Until they make it to where I can either roll back patches or not patch as I please. Patches messed up my gameplay fixing bugs/glitches I didn't have. Forcing me to patch to get game content that shouldn't be in a patch to begin with. Quit shoving things down our throats and give us choices and options.
    I can't even go back to when my game played half way decent! :(

Just disable the automatic updates on your origin client -.-

It doesn't work like that! The career patch is what some of us were waiting for from the start of the game :rage: The game breaking bugs and stupid 'features' like the dirty gyms were not advertised, wanted, or discovered until it was too late.

I'm sorry if you don't like the new features but I do, the bugs can be fixed through time just wait...

You didn't play TS3 did you? The bugs were never fixed! :(

Yes I did LOL.... I played the sims 3 since the start :| sims 3 bugs were never fixed what does that have to do with a game that is only in the begining? They know of all the bugs by now, they said they were working on fixes what else do you want?

It baffles me that so many gullible simmers exist. They said the same thing with Sims 3. Was it fixed? Maybe a few bugs yes but most of them weren't. I should think game breaking bugs would be addressed by now. Shows you they're starting to get lazy, oh wait they were since the release by cutting features left and right.

And after, they decided to release free content patches....not that lazy yet I think...

LOL! You're hilarious. They're only doing it because of the major backlash and they're adding the wrong things. Do you think they would do it for free if the backlash wasn't so bad? No they wouldn't. And if you think they would then you have a lot to learn about EA my friend. They have no choice but to do free content patches, its not because they want to.

And for a $60+ half baked game i 🐸🐸🐸🐸 well hope they give free content patches.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    NOT!

Until they make it to where I can either roll back patches or not patch as I please. Patches messed up my gameplay fixing bugs/glitches I didn't have. Forcing me to patch to get game content that shouldn't be in a patch to begin with. Quit shoving things down our throats and give us choices and options.

It doesn't work like that! The career patch is what some of us were waiting for from the start of the game :rage: The game breaking bugs and stupid 'features' like the dirty gyms were not advertised, wanted, or discovered until it was too late.

I'm sorry if you don't like the new features but I do, the bugs can be fixed through time just wait...

Yes I did LOL.... I played the sims 3 since the start :| sims 3 bugs were never fixed what does that have to do with a game that is only in the begining? They know of all the bugs by now, they said they were working on fixes what else do you want?

It baffles me that so many gullible simmers exist. They said the same thing with Sims 3. Was it fixed? Maybe a few bugs yes but most of them weren't. I should think game breaking bugs would be addressed by now. Shows you they're starting to get lazy, oh wait they were since the release by cutting features left and right.

And after, they decided to release free content patches....not that lazy yet I think...

LOL! You're hilarious. They're only doing it because of the major backlash and they're adding the wrong things. Do you think they would do it for free if the backlash wasn't so bad? No they wouldn't. And if you think they would then you have a lot to learn about EA my friend.

So we are friends cool! :) About EA I have my own opinion and conclusions, I just think free content is definetly better than nothing and hope for toddlers update more than anything, like I said not going to pay for content that should be in the game, and please, contain the laughs for yourself if you don't agree with me. :|
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    NOT!

LOL! You're hilarious. They're only doing it because of the major backlash and they're adding the wrong things. Do you think they would do it for free if the backlash wasn't so bad? No they wouldn't. And if you think they would then you have a lot to learn about EA my friend.

So we are friends cool! :) About EA I have my own opinion and conclusions, I just think free content is definetly better than nothing and hope for toddlers update more than anything, like I said not going to pay for content that should be in the game, and please, contain the laughs for yourself if you don't agree with me. :|

Laughing is fun though, good for the mind and heart ;) I think its fine you have your own opinion but EA is definitely not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. The fact that they cut so many features proves their laziness.
  • MAFEBISIMAFEBISI Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2015
    MAFEBISI wrote: »

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection-Known-Issues-Please-read-first/td-p/3222129

These aren't bugs.. The Sims 2 was launched in 2004. Obviously TS2 will have graphic issues in some recent video cards.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Buying as soon as I can, meaning as soon as I can kick my husband off the computer on release day. B)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    > @SelenaGrey said:
    > Not buying. I've decided I wont buy a single thing until they address the changes made in the December patch, and all the things that should have been in the base game.

What she said. I'm not buying it for the same reasons.

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    I probably will buy it. I like the game and I'm not having too many issues (no game breaking and the one annoyance was fixed by repairing the game via Origin). It all comes down to what exactly is included vs the cost, If I think it's worth it I'll buy it, if I don't I won't.
    34336_s.gif