Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There are no new problems with The Sim 3 - your problem is already documented on this forum.

BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
edited January 2015 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
Ok, I'm sorry if this comes over as rude but it's very frustrating when people are clogging up the forums AGAIN, with threads declaring that they are experiencing a new problem and cannot find a solution. Let me repeat the title of this thread - there are NO new problems with The Sims 3. The game has been out over 5 years, there has not been, nor will there ever be, anymore patches since 1.67. If you are experiencing problems with your game we've seen it all before, I promise.

- Getting the Disc Authorisation error message? Try playing again without all the CC bloating your game. If that doesn't work uninstall the most recent EP/SP you have, download and install Origin, register all your TS3 games under your Origin account, download and install the latest EP/SP you have. Voila! You can now play without the need for a disc.

- Origin download not installing properly? Delete the installer, plus all traces of it, redownload and try again.

- Game crashing, especially in CAS? Purge RAM frequently. Also, try playing again without all the CC bloating your game.

- Can't save? NEVER, EVER, click Save and Quit. Purge RAM, Save, then Quit.

- Having problems playing on a MacBook Air? They're great computers but absolutely not built for gaming. The more EPs you have installed, the more your Mac will struggle to run them. The more CC you have, the more your Mac will struggle to run.

- Rainbow colour glitches, especially in CAS? That's your (probably) integrated graphics card - Intel HD 5000? Clear out some clutter from your game and try again.

- And if you have the Intel Iris graphics cards in your Mac? There is no solution for your appalling graphics, nor will EA ever release a patch to fix it (future Apple updates may help).

For more help see the master help thread which is always on the first page of this forum. It's amazing the help that's out there if you spent a little time looking:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/748338/a-mac-users-best-friend-please-read-before-posting-any-new-problem-threads/p1

apple-signature.png
Post edited by BluebellFlora on

Comments

• caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Hear hear (*)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've just put up a page on my website with step by step instructions on how to work around the Disc Authorisation Failure error:

http://bluebellflora.com/disc-authorization-failure/
    apple-signature.png
  • MicronautDoc4MicronautDoc4 Posts: 16 Member
    BluebellFlora, thank you for hitting the nail on the head with this one.
    One Day My Ship Will Come In.... And With My Luck, I'll Be At The Airport.
    You're absolutely more than welcome :D
    apple-signature.png
  • figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    I know your probably going to crucify me on this one. But I'm having a problem that is not listed on the master thread or up there.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    - Getting the Disc Authorisation error message? Try playing again without all the CC bloating your game. If that doesn't work uninstall the most recent EP/SP you have, download and install Origin, register all your TS3 games under your Origin account, download and install the latest EP/SP you have. Voila! You can now play without the need for a disc.

- Having problems playing on a MacBook Air? They're great computers but absolutely not built for gaming. The more EPs you have installed, the more your Mac will struggle to run them. The more CC you have, the more your Mac will struggle to run.

That's what some Mac users don't know. I and even you recommended users to activate their TS3 games and download them through Origin. I usually use the Origin version (which is why TS4's Origin requirement won't be an issue) so I don't have to deal with inserting the DVD every time I want to play TS3.

I would see why PC users often advise not playing The Sims 3 or The Sims 4 on Intel HD Graphics. With 11 EPs and 9 (or 8) SPs plus Store content, the game will struggle running on a Mac or PC with Intel HD Graphics. Unfortunately, most of the cheaper PCs (especially laptops) usually have Intel or AMD Integrated Graphics which can lead to performance problems. Even some Macs such as the Mac mini, MacBook Air, all 13" MacBook Pros, the entry 15" rMBP, and the cheapest 1.4 GHz iMac have Intel HD Graphics or Intel Iris/Iris Pro. However, TS4 has a Laptop Mode to help run faster on a laptop although dedicated graphics are still better.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • GidgetwildGidgetwild Posts: 25 New Member
    I have the Sims 2 game and it says version 1.54 at the left bottom of the launcher but it keeps saying I am updated but when I download stuff from the store or exchange it says I need to update, but the launcher says I am updated....I do not know computers that well but something is not working right....I have windows 7 on this computer I play the game....laptop, Pc ...could anyone tell me why my launcher says it is updated when it has not uploaded 1.67 and I have no way to get around the launcher. I have no cc on my game.
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    Hold on, sorry. Just re-read your post. Are you talking about The Sims 2 or The Sims 3?
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    The Sims 3 Store may have a patch for itself that is not a part of the Super Patch. Please be advised that Sims 3 CC will not work in either Sims 2 or 4 due to the nature of coding for the different versions of the game and vice versa. You need to make sure you are downloading CC that is specifically made for Sims 2 (or Sims 3 or 4 for that matter). The EA Sims 2 Store was closed in 2011 if I recall correctly.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Sim3 sorry for not saying which game.....I tried the patch but it will not load manually as it says I need an installer so I said install it and it goes to a site but it will not load as it says the DSL server is a failure.....I am sorry I only know so much about computers and have no idea what the problem is....I took off my popup blocker and have no cc on my game....buy everything at the store.....have no firewall that I can tell that prevents it loading......there is something I am missing but not sure what it is....thought the launcher would have automatically updated....having problems with downloads from the store because of it.
    how do I know which patch to download it says I have to know the region but he is talking about MAC and I have pc...this is a laptop but am putting my game over to bigger computer.
    Gidgetwild wrote: »
    how do I know which patch to download it says I have to know the region but he is talking about MAC and I have pc...this is a laptop but am putting my game over to bigger computer.

Maybe you should head over to the Sims 3 Technical Discussion forum. The Windows patches are linked in a stickied thread I believe. This is the Mac forum.

apple-signature.png
    ok thank you