Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks like outdoors Xpac is ready next week

2...Next

Comments

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ROMIRE wrote: »
    Nextweek.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that's an odd ad? 'Come Back To Play Next Week...' I think their marketing person needs to be fired. It makes it sound desperate and like no one is playing the game. Surely they can come up with something better. Because no matter if you take it literal or not, it still can be construed as no one plays this game. :\

It's an awkward line, but how is it desperate? It's an in-game ad, is it not? So it can only be seen as you're entering or exiting the game...

All it's saying is "come back to play next week and there will be something new for your Sims to do." Are they supposed to assume that people will be having their games running 24/7, so they'll never have to “come back" to it? I haven't played the game in two weeks now because work has been insane for me. I plan to play some this weekend, but then I'll probably have to exit the game to do real life things, and then “come back" to it later. By that point, this GP might be released, so I will be coming back to "play with more" as the tagline says.

Like I said: really weird and awkward language, but I think you're reading too far into it to see something you want to see.

I've come to the realization that people need to complain. This forum is full of complainers. Even if a different tag line had been used same people would still complain.
  • allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    But its only offered as a download? Because i have the slow budget internet speed (1 Mbps). And i probably wont buy it if i need to leave my computer on more then one overnight

I live out in the country and have slow internet too. It took sims 4 eight hours I think to download, thankfully they let us preload! But I don't think the GP is going to be as big as the sims 4 was so it should only take an hour or two to download(hopefully). Stinks but everyone is going digital now!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Nextweek.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that's an odd ad? 'Come Back To Play Next Week...' I think their marketing person needs to be fired. It makes it sound desperate and like no one is playing the game. Surely they can come up with something better. Because no matter if you take it literal or not, it still can be construed as no one plays this game. :\

It's an awkward line, but how is it desperate? It's an in-game ad, is it not? So it can only be seen as you're entering or exiting the game...

All it's saying is "come back to play next week and there will be something new for your Sims to do." Are they supposed to assume that people will be having their games running 24/7, so they'll never have to “come back" to it? I haven't played the game in two weeks now because work has been insane for me. I plan to play some this weekend, but then I'll probably have to exit the game to do real life things, and then “come back" to it later. By that point, this GP might be released, so I will be coming back to "play with more" as the tagline says.

Like I said: really weird and awkward language, but I think you're reading too far into it to see something you want to see.

I've come to the realization that people need to complain. This forum is full of complainers. Even if a different tag line had been used same people would still complain.

The thing is people here are absolutely within their rights to complain and I don't think the majority who are dissatisfied with this game are complaining just for the sake of it; I haven't had anything to be really upset about when it comes to TS4 but a lot of people have had their entire way of playing the game stripped away from them. It's as though EA are telling people that they don't matter anymore despite how long they've been with the franchise or how much money they've sunk into it. Even if someone has only been with the series since TS3 the cost of the expansion packs, stuff packs and store content combined is hundreds of pounds.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't like how they market the Sims 4 myself, with the silly short two trailers we have had for this pack as well as the leak one before and the ad in game is odd lol
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2015
    I've come to the realization that people need to complain. This forum is full of complainers. Even if a different tag line had been used same people would still complain. [/quote]

Hi :D

true but it's a forum after all for everybody who have the game!

This forum is full of people complaining about the complainers to lol :D
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Gah! cursed EA, this is exactly what I wanted in the Sims 3 ever since I played Bon Voyage TS2. They were so close. I am not paying for this until I see what it is like [reviews] and even then I'm just not sure.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Nextweek.jpg

It's the same type of promotion they did for the careers patch, and I think for pools as well -- I wouldn't call it desperate. This announcement is actually from the in-game screens (the ones you see before you load your game save), it's for folks who already have the game. We've had two teaser trailers and are getting a full trailer next week -- I'd assume a day or two before the pack is released but I could be wrong on that.

Yeah, the marketing could be better but I wouldn't call it "desperate". :|

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    happygurl wrote: »
    Well I won't be coming back to play next week as my game is currently unplayable. I had planned on purchasing the game pack, but now it wouldn't make any sense. :(

I think I saw you post somewhere that your game is unplayable because it won't load lots? It's a corrupt save file. I would save the backup of your saves, delete the save file, then start new. Could have happened when a computer crashed, unexpected disconnection, or exiting the game when it wasn't fully done saving. For now, there is not a fix for corrupt saves but you can roll your saves back by trying THIS. Best wishes!

Can't wait for the new gamepack!
    Yeah, I've already tried all that. My computer did not crash, it was caused by the patch. New games play for a while, then corrupt.

How are the saves corrupting? I haven't had any issues with corrupt saves with the new patch; I played my old save fine but then decided to start a new save where I don't worry about any of the achievements or party awards, just have fun with the game. I've got my old save to go back to for the achievements; will probably do that eventually with the new pack, especially for the collecting Sims.

Darkslayer wrote: »
    Given the mess EA made out of the TS4 build up and release it doesn't surprise me to see their advertising is this lacklustre. At this point I'd actually even say that them NOT advertising the game is probably going to do them more favours.

I too though am curious to find out about the GBP price. I refuse to believe it's going to be £20 vs $20 but so far as far as I know we still haven't been given confirmation of the price. There are other currencies besides the alimighty dollar y'know EA ;)

Edit: GUH! This is what 2 hours of sleep gets me. I've already posted in this thread. Sorry guys!

I'm figuring they can't set the firm international price till they're close enough to release to see the exchange rate, and that the £20 was just a placeholder -- that means this week we should see the actual prices for the game outside the US. They might not announce it directly, but it should be listed on Origin under the correct price. If it stays at the £20 price which would be the equivalent of over $30 or so US, then you've got the right to raise holy hell with EA customer service. (I'll even help you! B) )

• RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Am I the only one who thinks that's an odd ad? 'Come Back To Play Next Week...' I think their marketing person needs to be fired. It makes it sound desperate and like no one is playing the game. Surely they can come up with something better. Because no matter if you take it literal or not, it still can be construed as no one plays this game.

It actually says "Come back to play WITH MORE next week" meaning that there will be new content next week, but it is awkwardly worded, but it's not really desperate at all, it's just promoting saying there will be stuff to do and play with.
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Nextweek.jpg

There are valid complaints -- there are people who can't even open their saved games since the last patch. When you've spent 3-4 months on a family and completing achievements, losing all that is not fun.

But there are some who aren't even playing the game (and they're proud of that) coming into forums and telling everyone how bad the game that they're not even playing is. Sims 4 does have some flaws and limitations, but I've learned to look beyond those and enjoy what we have rather than moan about what's missing. The bugs are an annoyance -- never realized how much I'd miss sending my Sims to the bars to order drinks till they couldn't get served anymore -- and I hope they'll fix those soon. At least we're getting bug fix patches a lot more frequently than we did with Sims 3; we pretty much only got patches right before an EP release and those broke as much as they fixed.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Well I won't be coming back to play next week as my game is currently unplayable. I had planned on purchasing the game pack, but now it wouldn't make any sense. :(

I think I saw you post somewhere that your game is unplayable because it won't load lots? It's a corrupt save file. I would save the backup of your saves, delete the save file, then start new. Could have happened when a computer crashed, unexpected disconnection, or exiting the game when it wasn't fully done saving. For now, there is not a fix for corrupt saves but you can roll your saves back by trying THIS. Best wishes!

Can't wait for the new gamepack!
    Yeah, I've already tried all that. My computer did not crash, it was caused by the patch. New games play for a while, then corrupt.

How are the saves corrupting? I haven't had any issues with corrupt saves with the new patch;
    Well you're one of the lucky ones. There are multiple threads about this issue in the bugs and technical forums.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Have we heard anything yet about the price in GBP? I've been checking on Origin but the game still doesn't seem to be listed there :/

$20

it would be £20 not $20, as GBP means Great British Pound, so you would use the pound sign which is £ and no the dollar sign
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    RE the tagline... I've seen worse. I've seen better... I think "Check back" might have been better since the way it sounds now makes it sound like it'll be free, like if you pre-ordered it digitally or something. That's more what it made me think LOL.