Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks like outdoors Xpac is ready next week

Nextweek.jpg
Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ROMIRE wrote: »
    Nextweek.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that's an odd ad? 'Come Back To Play Next Week...' I think their marketing person needs to be fired. It makes it sound desperate and like no one is playing the game. Surely they can come up with something better. Because no matter if you take it literal or not, it still can be construed as no one plays this game. :\
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Nextweek.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks that's an odd ad? 'Come Back To Play Next Week...' I think their marketing person needs to be fired. It makes it sound desperate and like no one is playing the game. Surely they can come up with something better. Because no matter if you take it literal or not, it still can be construed as no one plays this game. :\

It's an awkward line, but how is it desperate? It's an in-game ad, is it not? So it can only be seen as you're entering or exiting the game...

All it's saying is "come back to play next week and there will be something new for your Sims to do." Are they supposed to assume that people will be having their games running 24/7, so they'll never have to “come back" to it? I haven't played the game in two weeks now because work has been insane for me. I plan to play some this weekend, but then I'll probably have to exit the game to do real life things, and then “come back" to it later. By that point, this GP might be released, so I will be coming back to "play with more" as the tagline says.

Like I said: really weird and awkward language, but I think you're reading too far into it to see something you want to see.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This is the most strange form of marketing that I have ever seen for a game
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Maybe the marketing person job is on the line.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    Nextweek.jpg

No, I thought the same exact thing. It just seems off. I mean they should have come up with an exciting tag line that would want people to come back next week. just saying come back to play next week brings zero excitement to me.
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Have we heard anything yet about the price in GBP? I've been checking on Origin but the game still doesn't seem to be listed there :/
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Have we heard anything yet about the price in GBP? I've been checking on Origin but the game still doesn't seem to be listed there :/

$20
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    What features are in the pack? (new items, new gameplay, new zone....etc)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    What features are in the pack? (new items, new gameplay, new zone....etc)

I don't know how you not know this but here goes:

New vacation location: Granite Falls (composed by 2 neighborhoods)
    New ranger store for your sims to buy supplies while in vacation
    New lot type "National Park"
    Sims can camp in the woods or rent a lodge
    New Sim dressed as a Bear NPC that goes around making weird stuff happen
    New bug collection and insects
    New plants including poison ivy
    New tents, coolers, campfires, clothes and hairstyles (at least 3 hairs for women, 2 for men)
    Potion making from herbs that sims collect
    New herbalist career
    Your sim can go for vacation and invite friends to go with, not just family members
    New aspiration and at least one new trait
    There will also be a secret lot with a hermit
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    But its only offered as a download? Because i have the slow budget internet speed (1 Mbps). And i probably wont buy it if i need to leave my computer on more then one overnight
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    But its only offered as a download? Because i have the slow budget internet speed (1 Mbps). And i probably wont buy it if i need to leave my computer on more then one overnight

It will only be availlable as digital download.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Well I won't be coming back to play next week as my game is currently unplayable. I had planned on purchasing the game pack, but now it wouldn't make any sense. :(
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    Why is it unplayable? Did you try to talk with EA live chat support?
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I don't need no toddlers to enjoy the game. All I need is the bear costume #FurryForLife
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    happygurl wrote: »
    Well I won't be coming back to play next week as my game is currently unplayable. I had planned on purchasing the game pack, but now it wouldn't make any sense. :(

I think I saw you post somewhere that your game is unplayable because it won't load lots? It's a corrupt save file. I would save the backup of your saves, delete the save file, then start new. Could have happened when a computer crashed, unexpected disconnection, or exiting the game when it wasn't fully done saving. For now, there is not a fix for corrupt saves but you can roll your saves back by trying THIS. Best wishes!

Can't wait for the new gamepack!
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Still not clarification on the price in GBP? If you really expect us to pay £20 ya'll need your heads testing.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Nextweek.jpg

No, I thought the same exact thing. It just seems off. I mean they should have come up with an exciting tag line that would want people to come back next week. just saying come back to play next week brings zero excitement to me.

Weirder stories, weirder marketing!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Why is it unplayable? Did you try to talk with EA live chat support?

More often than not I've found that to be an oxymoron.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    happygurl wrote: »

I think I saw you post somewhere that your game is unplayable because it won't load lots? It's a corrupt save file. I would save the backup of your saves, delete the save file, then start new. Could have happened when a computer crashed, unexpected disconnection, or exiting the game when it wasn't fully done saving. For now, there is not a fix for corrupt saves but you can roll your saves back by trying THIS. Best wishes!

Can't wait for the new gamepack!
    Yeah, I've already tried all that. My computer did not crash, it was caused by the patch. New games play for a while, then corrupt.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

It is the worst marketing I have ever seen. I feel their marketing budget is 20 bucks.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2015
    Worst marketing? Y'all must not have Bang Bang restaurants where you are. It's an Asian restaurant where you mix your own stuff to be made at the grill-the last line in the song of the commercial is 'Bang Bang, you're dead!' That's the most horrible marketing I've ever seen :p
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Maxis' PR is horrible.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Maxis' PR is horrible.

Agreed! Do they realize if they want people to buy their products they actually have to TELL the public about their product?!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited January 2015
    Given the mess EA made out of the TS4 build up and release it doesn't surprise me to see their advertising is this lacklustre. At this point I'd actually even say that them NOT advertising the game is probably going to do them more favours.

I too though am curious to find out about the GBP price. I refuse to believe it's going to be £20 vs $20 but so far as far as I know we still haven't been given confirmation of the price. There are other currencies besides the alimighty dollar y'know EA ;)

Edit: GUH! This is what 2 hours of sleep gets me. I've already posted in this thread. Sorry guys!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited January 2015
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Still not clarification on the price in GBP? If you really expect us to pay £20 ya'll need your heads testing.

I think $20 is much less than £20 for us British it's like under £14 ;)

And stuff packs are normally £15 here! It's meant to be the same price as a stuff pack, so it should be lower than £20 anyway ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon