Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will They Ever Update The Store?

It has been a year since "The Boardwalk" venue was released, but the Premium Content that was included with it remains locked. Didn't they used to unlock the Premium Content after about 6 months?

Do you think that any of the locked premium content will ever be unlocked?

And, if they ever do update The Store, I wish that they would allow us to buy individual items from the venues - regular items, I mean, not just the Premium Content.

I guess that all I can do is hope.

Comments

• Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    I doubt that they will do anything more with the Store. We are on our final rotation for the Daily Deals. EA/Origin is concentrating fully on Sims 4 so I'm thinking that the answer is no. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    :-(
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I don't think we'll see any changes to the Store (and if we do, I imagine the changes will be only small and few in number), but that's not to say the Store is closing soon. We are on the final LIST according to SimGuruTatertot, but have heard nothing about whether we will see more rotations of that same list on the Daily Deal. Even if the Daily Deal ceases to operate, the Store was open for quite a long time pre-Daily Deal and it can continue to be open after that. So, not exactly what you want to hear, but not terrible news -- there's plenty of time to save SimPoints through the ads (which do come and go quite a bit for me).

That said, even if they release the more recent Premium Content for individual sale, I don't think the Boardwalk PC will be available individually ever. From what I can tell, the PC is technically only the Sky High Roller Coaster Cart, but you need the loading zone and tracks -- if not the columns -- to build roller coasters. They're all listed separately, so I don't think they would get packaged together with the cart. They're also a HUGE part of the venue.

There's very little PC left locked, from what I can recall -- just that which is tied to worlds, the last few releases and the Boardwalk. It's frustrating and I can understand wanting the regular items too, but that's just how they decided to market the venues. Quite a few are on this DD list though, so if you go into the Daily Deal rotation thread, you might be able to find the venues for even less than the cost of their PC.

I wish I could bring better news for you. Good luck collecting what you want from the Store and happy Simming! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see any changes to the Store (and if we do, I imagine the changes will be only small and few in number), but that's not to say the Store is closing soon. We are on the final LIST according to SimGuruTatertot, but have heard nothing about whether we will see more rotations of that same list on the Daily Deal. Even if the Daily Deal ceases to operate, the Store was open for quite a long time pre-Daily Deal and it can continue to be open after that. So, not exactly what you want to hear, but not terrible news -- there's plenty of time to save SimPoints through the ads (which do come and go quite a bit for me).

That said, even if they release the more recent Premium Content for individual sale, I don't think the Boardwalk PC will be available individually ever. From what I can tell, the PC is technically only the Sky High Roller Coaster Cart, but you need the loading zone and tracks -- if not the columns -- to build roller coasters. They're all listed separately, so I don't think they would get packaged together with the cart. They're also a HUGE part of the venue.

There's very little PC left locked, from what I can recall -- just that which is tied to worlds, the last few releases and the Boardwalk. It's frustrating and I can understand wanting the regular items too, but that's just how they decided to market the venues. Quite a few are on this DD list though, so if you go into the Daily Deal rotation thread, you might be able to find the venues for even less than the cost of their PC.

I wish I could bring better news for you. Good luck collecting what you want from the Store and happy Simming! :)

I was just using the Boardwalk as an example of locked Premium content. The objects I am interested in are the Baker's Station, Grandma's Canning Station and the harvestable plants from Bohemian Garden - all of which are still locked. If they put some of the individual items from the Venues up for sale I would pick up a few more things - but it seems silly to spend $19 for the Grimm's lot just because I want the fence.