Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the game pack the new store content?

Hi,

So i am confused as to if the game packs are the new "store sets" i ask as i have seen people mentioning that it is the store.

I ask as if this is the case will they be releasing such things monthly at that cost, or are the game packs like a stuff pack or an expansion pack, that we can expect to see once every 3 months?

I mean this new game pack looks really good as outdoor sims i love and i know i will really enjoy it.

I just feel though i would not really want to get sucked into all the content again!

Comments

• Kawe67Kawe67 Posts: 16 New Member
    I don't know if they will be releasing store content-nothing has been said about that yet, but I am pretty certain gamepacks are the equivalent to stuff packs from the sims 3 (except gamplay features added), so I would expect to see these released as frequently as Stuff Packs were.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Origin has a store and that's were you download the holiday pack so I think of gamepacks as another fancy word for store content.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    So far, gamepacks are confirmed to be a sweet spot in between stuff packs and expansion packs. Like the worlds we bought from the store.

No store is confirmed and in my opinion is unlikely. Like CLP said above, the holiday 'stuff pack' was given to us free through origin like they did through the Sims 3 store last time.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hi,

So i am confused as to if the game packs are the new "store sets" i ask as i have seen people mentioning that it is the store.

I ask as if this is the case will they be releasing such things monthly at that cost, or are the game packs like a stuff pack or an expansion pack, that we can expect to see once every 3 months?

I mean this new game pack looks really good as outdoor sims i love and i know i will really enjoy it.

I just feel though i would not really want to get sucked into all the content again!

Game packs are like Expansions but smaller, they have gameplay and stuff. Store content in the Sims 3 was the worst that could ever happen to a game of the series, in my opinion, "cheap" content at outragous prices that added so little gameplay... anyways, game packs seem to be much better than that and hopefully we won't see a store coming...never ever!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Gamepacks are extremely likely to replace both the store and stuff packs.

I think game packs are a great idea, honestly. I just hope there's enough fun stuff to do in them for $20..
  • YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    It'd be nice if game packs were to replace the store. The way I'm seeing it, these game packs have more than any of the store sets, worlds from said store, and stuff packs. And they're about the same price! $20 for a stuff pack was standard, and now it appears that it's the same price but quite a bit more.

Stuff pack - objects, clothing, hairstyles
    Store set - objects, clothing, hairstyles
    World - new world, objects, clothing, hairstyles
    Game pack - new world, objects, clothing, hairstyles, interactions

So...yep, I'm fine with game packs replacing all of the store as well as the stuff packs. ;)
    Grant did say he was also working on stuff packs.
    I think these are things like the Holiday Stuff that we got on Origin for free. It's not a gamepack, it was a free content pack that people could download if they wanted that sort of thing in their game. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

I think these are things like the Holiday Stuff that we got on Origin for free. It's not a gamepack, it was a free content pack that people could download if they wanted that sort of thing in their game. I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.
    Oh good then maybe there is a chance to see a Free Valentine's Day Pack after all.
    Oh good then maybe there is a chance to see a Free Valentine's Day Pack after all.

I could be wrong but that's how I understood it.