Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why the choice of Outdoor for the first GP?

2...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    dogdancer wrote: »
    I agree this game pack was probably planned. Why else would there be a camping orientated game pack? From what I've read and wish for you would think that the first game pack would be a "Late Night" type one. You know one that features celebrities, vampires and clubs.

That's enough stuff that it might require an actual EP -- not just for the programming but for the budget as well. Game Packs are for themes that are specific enough that it would be hard to devote an entire EP to them (at EP costs).

I'd like to see a Late Night/On the Town EP with apartments, open restaurants, dance clubs (with dance floors/slow dancing), movie theaters; not all that crazy about vampires and the celebrity system needs to be totally different than Sims 3's which was a mess. Imagine trying to make friends and having to spend most of the time trying to impress the other Sim before they'll even talk to you; since we don't meet people at work or school you could end up totally alone in the game if everyone else around you is a celebrity.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Caitie85 wrote: »
    I was just scrolling through this thread, so if anyone beat me to it, sorry. However, the answer to the question "why outdoors/camping as the first DLC?" is "because we asked for it".<br />
    <br />
    Does anyone else remember, way back in March 2014, the survey that went around? Asking what kind of additional content we wanted for TS4? One of the options was "Wilderness explorer: Experience the great outdoors with hiking, fishing, camping and whitewater rafting. What new adventures await you around the corner?" Sound familiar? Apparently, this was the option that won.<br />
    <br />
    Exhibit A:<br />
    <br />
    //c3.staticflickr.com/3/2856/13287983403_0537204bdd_b.jpg<br />
    <br />
    (image courtesy of SimsVIP)

If we actually got whitewater rafting in Outdoor Retreat that might even blow away some of the game haters...on second thought, probably not. If EA gave Sims the ability to walk on water they'd complain, "See, Sims 4 is so bad the Sims can't even swim!" :\

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    I, for one, am looking forward to it. Sims is the only real gaming I do, and I am not really familiar with the whole game pack idea. So, I look forward to being educated as to just what, and how much is included. Besides, I loved camping with my family. I'm just hoping, like previous EPs, that any interactions that comes with the GP won't be restricted to Granite Falls (or whatever the name of the place is.) I would really enjoy my Sims being able to gaze at the stars just about anywhere.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I, for one, am looking forward to it. Sims is the only real gaming I do, and I am not really familiar with the whole game pack idea. So, I look forward to being educated as to just what, and how much is included. Besides, I loved camping with my family. I'm just hoping, like previous EPs, that any interactions that comes with the GP won't be restricted to Granite Falls (or whatever the name of the place is.) I would really enjoy my Sims being able to gaze at the stars just about anywhere.

Then you will be happy. It was already confirmed that we can use the new objects everywhere and also camp any world we wanted. :)
    Gazing at stars will make a nice date addition when at the park in the evening. Also plan to add a campfire area to the parks, maybe near the picnic tables.