The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm a bit concerned how to pay for this gamepack...

2...Next

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    So - this gamepack is ONLY available as a digital download through origin?

I checked amazon and came up with nothing.

IF I buy it I will probably buy one of those EA game cards. I bought them by the ton for sims 3 store stuff but haven't bought any in quite some time. I haven't even seen one in ages, though I haven't purposely gone looking in the game section at stores for them.

To me it's worth the extra hassle of going to the store, buying the game card, and then trying to get Ea or origin to accept the card and give me the points.

That is too bad they don't sell them in all other countries.

I work at a large store that sells so many gift cards and different credit cards it would make your head spin. I have used the pre-paid Visa once or twice. It's a bit of a hassle but can be worth it. Usually there's a $3 or $4 cost just for the card purchase, then you go online and register it. Then you basically use it just like any other credit card, except the money is already on there.

A lot of people give them as gifts. The only difference is the card may not be registered in your name and address , so certain stores or purchases may not accept it. For instance ones where your address has to match on the card.

I've seen box art for it, so it's possible it will be sold in stores as a redeemable code. Which means you'd still have to download it through Origin. :(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @IceyJ It's not available in stores. It is DLC only through Origin. They've confirmed that.
    edited January 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @IceyJ It's not available in stores. It is DLC only through Origin. They've confirmed that.

@fullspiral Please read what I said. Some store worlds were "DLC only through Origin" and they were still sold in stores. Inside the box you'd find a code to redeem. That's why I said "you'd still have to download it through Origin." I'm not claiming to know that it will be in stores, but it is possible because EA has done it before.

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I don't know if it will help you or not but the US Amazon site has a placeholder type of listing for the GP. It's a really strange listing but it is there. Have you checked Amazon in your country to see if they have a listing?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I don't know if it will help you or not but the US Amazon site has a placeholder type of listing for the GP. It's a really strange listing but it is there. Have you checked Amazon in your country to see if they have a listing?

there's no Amazon in Australia :(

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

@fullspiral Please read what I said. Some store worlds were "DLC only through Origin" and they were still sold in stores. Inside the box you'd find a code to redeem. That's why I said "you'd still have to download it through Origin." I'm not claiming to know that it will be in stores, but it is possible because EA has done it before.

I did read what you said. And I know you are referring to worlds like hidden springs that had codes in the box that you bought. I still don't think this will be like that at all.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited January 2015

Yes there is :Dhttp://www.amazon.com.au/ though looks abit empty compared to the rest of the world.
    edited January 2015
    IceyJ wrote: »

I did read what you said. And I know you are referring to worlds like hidden springs that had codes in the box that you bought. I still don't think this will be like that at all.

You're probably right. What I said was: it's possible.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member

Interesting . Maybe a link? I did a quick amazon search and came up with nothing.

Since they Did make the sims 3 store worlds sold in a box at a later date (even though they were still only a digital download) , I don't think it's unreasonable to think it might be a possibility in the future for sims 4 "game packs".

omg, I just changed languages via Origin and still
    knazzer wrote: »

Yes there is :Dhttp://www.amazon.com.au/ though looks abit empty compared to the rest of the world.[/quote
    knazzer wrote: »

Yes there is :Dhttp://www.amazon.com.au/ though looks abit empty compared to the rest of the world.

sorry, my boo boo, ok, I'll check, thanks :smiley:
  • SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    As far as I know is not "selected countries" is US only
    Senbre wrote: »
    As far as I know is not "selected countries" is US only

:( ok :(

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    you cant drown into a water glass

open a paypal account
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015