March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let it die

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    ts3seml wrote: »
    Jimil wrote: »
    So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already :kissing_heart:

If Sims 4 dies, I see very little hope for 5. My feeling is we need to hope for Sim 4 to become great.
    Gruffman wrote: »

Sleeping bags came with Generations.
    Tents came with WA.
    Fire pits came in various content.
    Survival items, of a sort, came with IP.

I know a lot of requests for camping content were always showing up in the old forum.

Ok. It is sometimes hard to remember where items came from. I am hoping though there is some actual camping with the gamepack.

I am actually hoping that there is a place for us to go to camp - another location. I could change my mind if it is just equipment and not a vacation location. I'm assuming it is going to be a place to use vacation days but I could be so very wrong.

Even if Sims flop gets by on life support, I still have no hope for 5. :|

Yes there is a new "neighborhood" with the DLC. It has a whopping 4-5 lots......yippie :s
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Sims 4, to succeed, must first become 'great'. I see no reason for consumers to prop it up, subsidizing a lazy company by buying an incomplete product in hopes the producer will eventually improve it. IF you buy it, EA assumes you like it the way it is, and will just produce more of the same fail. One does not get quality from subsidizing mediocrity anymore than one 'woohoos' to obtain virginity.

A 'freaking' men! #QFT
    I feel the same way as I've already paid for improvements in Sims 3 and still didn't get satisfied. Not doing it anymore, and anyway the modders have added so many goodies to Sims 3, I should have saved my money and bought everything discount. That is the route I am going with Sims 4, deep bargain basement discount. My initial payment of full price is all I am giving to this series.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    Anavastia wrote: »
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

And again, it was only one gif and one image, I did not spam more than one gif -.- Second like I said I posted the pic for everyone to see didn't called anyone hater like I already said, in my country, "se a carapuça serviu..." And I did participate on the duscussion by giving my opinion, I don't agree with it, so to participate on a discussion now you have to say the same opinion as others do? Is that it?

Don´t bother.

Everyone with half a brain knows what spamming means, and would be able to read what you acctually wrote and not what they want to think you wrote. These kinds of arguments never go anywhere but round and round and they are a huge waste of time. Pretending someone said something other than what they acctually said is nothing but a rethorical tactics in order to score a point in the pointless realm of the internet forum.

Right, so is taking cheap shots at posters who have sense enough to know the guy is taking shots through his gif spam at other posters. Then posters like you equally take those cheap shots thinking people should just shut up and take those subjective insults. he doesn't have to call anyone a hater, to know that's what he means when sits there in another language and says if the shoe fits wear it.

Exactly why this forum is hostile because many players continue feeding into a double standard and excusing it. It's okay for one poster to do it's not okay for others. then want to cry foul when posters do the same to their threads. Respect goes both ways from both sides. It's clearly not hard to understand when another person is being rude. Just as equally as what you just said is rude.

If you want to read that into it I guess I can´t stop you. Which pretty much proves my point.

If you had actually read the previous posts by that poster, they actually tell a very different story.

There's never an excuse to go into a thread just for the sake of causing trouble. And it's very obvious when someone does. It's equally obvious when someone decides to agree with someone simply because they view themselves as being part of an attacked minority. It won't work, because it isn't the truth. Derailing the thread doesn't invalidate the points made in the video and being rude and insulting only makes the guilty parties look bad. There's no reason for people to defend anybody else here. Behavior speaks for itself. A good, valid argument doesn't need a bunch of people sticking up for it - it's unfounded trolling that needs validation to survive.

People here are validating eachother, that is part of the problem. And I am curious, what minority do I belong to?
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    So are you guys gonna join whoever is the guy talking in the video in letting the game die? You guys should do it soon so we can get The Sims 5 already :kissing_heart:

If Sims 4 dies, I see very little hope for 5. My feeling is we need to hope for Sim 4 to become great.

Tents came with WA.

I know a lot of requests for camping content were always showing up in the old forum.

Ok. It is sometimes hard to remember where items came from. I am hoping though there is some actual camping with the gamepack.

I am actually hoping that there is a place for us to go to camp - another location. I could change my mind if it is just equipment and not a vacation location. I'm assuming it is going to be a place to use vacation days but I could be so very wrong.

Yes there is a new "neighborhood" with the DLC. It has a whopping 4-5 lots......yippie :s

I'm still hopeful one way or another that they'll learn, that they will make amends. It would be a real shame if the series didn't manage to recover from this. Everyone loves a good comeback, right? From out of the darkness rises... (a much improved redesigned sims 4) (an innovative and truly worthy sims 5) I don't care which so long as we get one. :D
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Tents came with WA.

I'm still hopeful one way or another that they'll learn, that they will make amends. It would be a real shame if the series didn't manage to recover from this. Everyone loves a good comeback, right? From out of the darkness rises... (a much improved redesigned sims 4) (an innovative and truly worthy sims 5) I don't care which so long as we get one. :D

I don't know anymore. I mean how many Rocky films were there until the audience didn't want to see anymore. It was great in the beginning because he was a novice, struggling and under dog. Then came two and three where he had to rise up, get back in shape though he had a the big head and thought he was unbeatable, he got fooled...lol....had to make a come back, you know...then there was Rocky 5 (last one?) where it was just plum.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    nilanius wrote: »
    This is just a bit of venting, but reading this thread. There's people claiming to be lovers of the sims franchise. Yet they are also here saying the game and EA should pretty much die. Honestly, if Sims 4 fails, we can all kiss the sims franchise goodbye for good. Because there really wont be a number 5. EA is a company, and if a product they put out, fails, what motivation would they have to make any further ones?

Sims 1 has stopped being developed and supported. It's website is gone. Sims 2 had the ultimate collection released, and it's website is gone. It no longer is going to be supported. Sims 3 will be facing the same fate soon enough. It no longer is going to be getting any expansions. It has already had the final store content released. And then we got the current child of EA, Sims 4. And should it fail, why would they continue supporting a failed game? Why would they make a 5? Wishing 4 to fail and die, will just kill the franchise altogether.

Bottom line. If folks get their wish and Sims 4 ends up dying with no expansions, then I will just go back to Sims 2. I will adjust to it's downgraded play style. But I still consider it way better than it's "sequal" the sims 3. But I honestly don't want Sims 4 to fail. I'd like to instead, nudge EA into adding missing features like toddlers and such. But open world and CAST? I'd rather those stayed gone from Sims 4.
    I know this point is hard to understand. What if something you love gets dumbed down beyond acceptance for you? Would you rather adapt to it or would you try to change things for the better?
    Then later when you realize it will not change wouldn't you also give up and hope for something better in the future?
    And what if you realize this hope will not be fulfilled? Wouldn't you also turn your back on it and rather live without it than to sacrifice your own dignity by adapting to something you don't like in your heart? Wouldn't that make you a sheep?
    EA doesn't deserve to get any money for TS4 from me, that's for sure and when this means the Sims franchise will die altogether then so be it. I know I can still look in the mirror when it's over.
    That's the stuff it needs. It doesn't need open world. Open world was a major failed experiement that did not work for the majority of people who played it. It doesn't need CASt, because that thing was buggy as all heck, and bogged the game down with custom styles. Instead, they should add more color options to the designs. A color wheel would be fine. But CASt, no. All the listed stuff, can be added over time. But by itself, the game is solid. It has a twins bug right now, but beyond that, I've not experienced other bugs myself. And some folks who said they experienced bugs admitted when they removed a mod, the bug had disappeared.
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree with that. Open world was a major advancement and while the first draft was rough, it had potential. You are assuming that open worlds will always cause performance issues, ghost towns, that CASt will always be buggy, etc. That is simply not true whatsoever and the fact that they made a mess on it does not justify going backwards by any means. By those standards then we'll be stuck in closed worlds in TS6 hypothetically speaking. A game needs to progress, augment, innovate. And I'll say this again, I have no idea why they failed to fix them in TS3 when a single modder could fix all of that mess to the point of making all those assertions invalid if you were to resort to using said mods. The only reason the majority that go against open worlds and CASt and the augmentations of TS3 is because they failed in the execution, not because you dislike the concept itself, or at least that's what I've found in the majority of cases. They assume that the concept will always be executed the same way and it's not.

So when I see how they developed TS4, basically a white flag of "Sowwy, we just can't properly advance the series so here ya go", I lose all hope for the future of the franchise. When I see some fans justify that the game went backwards as far as some mechanics and functionality goes with the excuse of "But it now runs better." makes me lose hope in the franchise. The developers are the only ones responsible for creating a game that runs properly, if there's anything to bash, it's them for failing to either know how to do it or not caring. I find it already insulting enough that one guy could fix everything they couldn't.
    *standing ovation*
    Bamajam wrote: »
    Okay, this is what is going to happen:
    mid 2015: after dismal sales of upcoming game packs and exp packs, EA will finally admit that things are not going the way they had planned and will stop further production of anything TS4 related. They will then announce that they are going to retool the game for re-release in 2016 but in the mean time will release a previously developed, but never before released TS3 exp (I think its going to be Jurassic Park themed) in hopes of keeping sims community happy until new TS4 is out.
    Also, Lindsay Lohan will become engaged to Prince Harry next year, a certain whale species will be discovered near Canada that actually speaks in limited English, Michelle Obama will announce her decision to run for presidency in 2016 and a major male pop star will admit that he is actually female.
    I laughed and LOLled, but at the same time cried because of the TS3 exp never going to happen ever again :(
    Naydi wrote: »
    @Aine wrote: »
    I don't really watch negative videos. I just had to hear the guys tone of voice and went - blegh! And stopped watching.
    Sure the game isn't perfect by far, but I can think for myself, and doesn't need a random stranger to tell me what is bad or good about the game, thank you. :)
    So you never read reviews of books and films as well?

I read them at times, but I don't let them affect whether or not to watch or read them. They all seem to have an agenda that may not be mine. I like reviews of hotels and clothes and home products, though...the information is less subjective: "Does not fit a king size bed" or "Hotel does not have free internet in the rooms" is much different than book, film or game reviews. Those are all a matter of taste. I am glad @Aine thinks for him/herself, as do I.
    There's a difference: you state you do read them and then use your own judgement. Of course you should, so do I. But if you don't read or watch reviews in the first place you can't judge anything to begin with. In this case, the video shows four facts about Sims 4. It's up to us if we agree those facts are flaws or not, but if you don't watch the video you won't know. (so why mention it in a thread like this at all one could wonder, where people gather to talk about the content of the video)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited January 2015
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    It is definitely not a town. Well maybe if you are out in the sticks, and you don't close your eyes or blink when you are going through it so that you don't miss it.

16hog2g.jpg

It really is more like a sims themed version of the truman show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vq27lUV_5g

Oh that's one of my all-time favorite movies. It symbolizes a sheep breaking free. Have you scanned my new Avatar picture? What a coincidence! :smiley:

This space is for rent.
    HollowVoid wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    MAFEBISI wrote: »
    An open world IS better. I don't even know why people would take the position that they prefer it to be closed just because some game developing team had problems coding a video game. Plenty of game developers have no problems with putting HUGE open areas in their games and those are games that will still run on a broad spectrum of PC's, so that's not a valid excuse to me either. We sacrificed a ton of control by not having an open world in the sims. How can you honestly say that you don't mind not being able to control multiple sims doing multiple things in multiple areas of town anymore? That you like how it works now better... lol..

People who say that the closed or open world doesn't make difference, are those that don't have a good computer to run the awesomeness called open world. Believe me, I know. :p

I have a very good desktop computer, bought it 2 years ago, don't care about closed world. Please don't generalize.
    Well then, wise one, enlighten us as to how the concept of closed worlds is superior to open worlds. Hint word "concept", not execution. This isn't about whether they messed up open worlds or not in TS3.

Proper open worlds (as shown possible in TS3 via third party modifications) take away disruptive in-between loading screens to go anywhere, allow you to fully control several sims at various locations, allow for both rotational play and non-rotational play, allows for a logical story progression for those who fall into that play style, allow for much more gameplay possibilities. In short, it is superior to the concept of closed worlds in every way possible. If someone actually believes that closed worlds have any advantage over open worlds, I'd want to hear it.

And yes, all of that is possible in open worlds had the developers actually cared at all about the game. But that's besides the point, we are talking about concept here. A concept isn't tied to the execution in a specific environment.
    Open world without third party modifications is way better than closed disconnected neighborhoods Sims 4 style I can assure you. You do need a good computer though, that much is true.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Tents came with WA.

I don't know anymore. I mean how many Rocky films were there until the audience didn't want to see anymore. It was great in the beginning because he was a novice, struggling and under dog. Then came two and three where he had to rise up, get back in shape though he had a the big head and thought he was unbeatable, he got fooled...lol....had to make a come back, you know...then there was Rocky 5 (last one?) where it was just plum.

Then on the other hand there were four Indiana Jones Movies. The first one made 200 million at the box office, the last one made 300 million. There didn't have to be a come back. Maybe Spielberg should make a life simulation game?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    edited January 2015
    It is definitely not a town. Well maybe if you are out in the sticks, and you don't close your eyes or blink when you are going through it so that you don't miss it.

16hog2g.jpg

It really is more like a sims themed version of the truman show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vq27lUV_5g

Where is my Ed Harris? That is what The Truman Show has. Not to mention the town is bigger. And it has Ed Harris. I love the movie.

Did I mention that I like Ed Harris?

The "towns" in Sims 4 are pretty small. I've driven through some towns with less than 10 people in it out in the sticks. Oh, and you could go to the houses without a loading screen. Sims 4 is just... cramped, and the loading screens don't help. Cramped! CHARLIE HORSE.

What language is the video in? It sounds Italian, but I'm not sure. If it is Italian, I highly doubt that Ed Harris parla l'italiano e il film e' "dubbed". Sorry. I'm learning Italian.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Open world in Sims series IMHO is superior to a closed world, you start to feel disconnected waiting for a screen to load and with so much cut from Sims 4 it is just as bad. I feel limited and sure you got emotions Whoop Whoop itty doo I guess that makes it a game. Even if it is a base game It is a game that does not have that pizazz that makes you never want to stop playing. I feel even with the EPs and GPs you still have limits again due to what was cut out. I played it less than 80 hours and now do not even open it no more. Glad it did not make the list for GOTY or worth mentioning.

Sims 4 is not Sims 3. I have played my game 67 hours and am still not tired of it. I do however, tend to play it like a casual game, only up to 4 hours at a time. It doesn't have enough content *yet* for me to want to play it much longer than that unless I am focusing on skilling up my Sims, working on their aspirations or getting them promoted at work (yes, there are some bugs in the promotion system that I believe EA will fix, hopefully with the next patch). Once I get enough CC objects in my game, building and furnishing lots will be something I would like to focus on, once there is a neighborhood with empty lots left to build on. These won't be for the gallery however due to the CC. I am not a "family player", I don't generally do legacies. In fact, I usually turn off aging in my game. I am still exploring the possibilities with the emotions system (just recently had a sim make Flaming Spaghetti- the animations while eating it are hilarious), and differences in Sims with different Sims 4 traits.

Did you feel the same way about 'The Sims', The Sims 2, and or The Sims 3? I'm just curious why those who say they really love it and or like it a whole bunch, find it lacking, but has potential. I'm really wondering did you not want to get out of bed and get to your PC as fast as you could with the other games either? I did, I had a hard time making myself cut off the PC and go on to work sometimes in the earlier games. lol I have even stayed up way past my bedtime, (and I'm an adult) way up into the wee hours because I wanted to play the other base games. This one just doesn't have that zing that keeps a player that involved, and comparing it to the other bases, then one has to ask, why not? What content are we talking about? I don't think we are talking about 'objects' lol, but the gameplay itself is very redundant, repeats itself, and not very challenging because of again, no failure in the game and things like slot popping. As far as a life simulator have you wondered why you don't play it for ten, twelve hours? I would guess it has nothing to do with object missing from the game.

I've never sat and played any game for ten, twelve hours as I do have a life outside of my PC B)
    With TS2 I would play for a few hours at a time..4 hours at the most. TS3 no. I went back to TS2 for 2 years before I could even get completely interested in TS3. I was bored out of my mind with the Sims 3 base game in a few days after release. Sims 3...the worlds were gorgeous but for me that was it. The Sims themselves really did nothing for me and had to have a crap load of CC to make them look even half decent, in my opinion.

I'm more about the Sims than the world and I am so glad that they've gone back to that in TS4. There are some things that are lacking, yes, but I have not become bored at all yet. I'm a family player and I play the way I want to play. It doesn't feel redundant or grindy to me. But that's just me. Others feel differently obviously. Although it would be nice if people would just accept that people do like the game and not have to interrogate them and make them justify why.
    Still haven't played S2, but I'm really getting the impression the statement 'Sims 4 went back to the sims again' is an 'insult' towards the sims in 2. If the sims in 4 remind me of anything, it's my sims in 3. Meaning: their reactions are mechanical and robotic, despite their smooth animations. They imitated the smooth animations alright, but they don't feel alive and smart at all. In fact in a lot of situations they are less smart than those in 3.

I always thought Sims 2 was about animations, but reading these forums I'm starting to realise it must have been more than that. There was some kind of interaction going on in that game Sims 3 lacked, but Sims 4 is lacking it as well.
    Now, maybe I'm mistaken and the sims in 2 are idealized. But if they are not, then Sims 4 didn't go back to that at all.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Open world in Sims series IMHO is superior to a closed world, you start to feel disconnected waiting for a screen to load and with so much cut from Sims 4 it is just as bad. I feel limited and sure you got emotions Whoop Whoop itty doo I guess that makes it a game. Even if it is a base game It is a game that does not have that pizazz that makes you never want to stop playing. I feel even with the EPs and GPs you still have limits again due to what was cut out. I played it less than 80 hours and now do not even open it no more. Glad it did not make the list for GOTY or worth mentioning.

Sims 4 is not Sims 3. I have played my game 67 hours and am still not tired of it. I do however, tend to play it like a casual game, only up to 4 hours at a time. It doesn't have enough content *yet* for me to want to play it much longer than that unless I am focusing on skilling up my Sims, working on their aspirations or getting them promoted at work (yes, there are some bugs in the promotion system that I believe EA will fix, hopefully with the next patch). Once I get enough CC objects in my game, building and furnishing lots will be something I would like to focus on, once there is a neighborhood with empty lots left to build on. These won't be for the gallery however due to the CC. I am not a "family player", I don't generally do legacies. In fact, I usually turn off aging in my game. I am still exploring the possibilities with the emotions system (just recently had a sim make Flaming Spaghetti- the animations while eating it are hilarious), and differences in Sims with different Sims 4 traits.

Did you feel the same way about 'The Sims', The Sims 2, and or The Sims 3? I'm just curious why those who say they really love it and or like it a whole bunch, find it lacking, but has potential. I'm really wondering did you not want to get out of bed and get to your PC as fast as you could with the other games either? I did, I had a hard time making myself cut off the PC and go on to work sometimes in the earlier games. lol I have even stayed up way past my bedtime, (and I'm an adult) way up into the wee hours because I wanted to play the other base games. This one just doesn't have that zing that keeps a player that involved, and comparing it to the other bases, then one has to ask, why not? What content are we talking about? I don't think we are talking about 'objects' lol, but the gameplay itself is very redundant, repeats itself, and not very challenging because of again, no failure in the game and things like slot popping. As far as a life simulator have you wondered why you don't play it for ten, twelve hours? I would guess it has nothing to do with object missing from the game.

I've never sat and played any game for ten, twelve hours as I do have a life outside of my PC B)
    With TS2 I would play for a few hours at a time..4 hours at the most. TS3 no. I went back to TS2 for 2 years before I could even get completely interested in TS3. I was bored out of my mind with the Sims 3 base game in a few days after release. Sims 3...the worlds were gorgeous but for me that was it. The Sims themselves really did nothing for me and had to have a crap load of CC to make them look even half decent, in my opinion.

I'm more about the Sims than the world and I am so glad that they've gone back to that in TS4. There are some things that are lacking, yes, but I have not become bored at all yet. I'm a family player and I play the way I want to play. It doesn't feel redundant or grindy to me. But that's just me. Others feel differently obviously. Although it would be nice if people would just accept that people do like the game and not have to interrogate them and make them justify why.
    Still haven't played S2, but I'm really getting the impression the statement 'Sims 4 went back to the sims again' is an 'insult' towards the sims in 2. If the sims in 4 remind me of anything, it's my sims in 3. Meaning: their reactions are mechanical and robotic, despite their smooth animations. They imitated the smooth animations alright, but they don't feel alive and smart at all. In fact in a lot of situations they are less smart than those in 3.

I always thought Sims 2 was about animations, but reading these forums I'm starting to realise it must have been more than that. There was some kind of interaction going on in that game Sims 3 lacked, but Sims 4 is lacking it as well.
    Now, maybe I'm mistaken and the sims in 2 are idealized. But if they are not, then Sims 4 didn't go back to that at all.

My Sim experience is a little different than most.

I was first introduced to The Sims with TS3. I'd never heard of it until a friend recommended it. I bought the base game and I was entranced. These wonderful little digital people at my direction. It was great. Then I found the forum and started interacting there. I read enough about TS2 that I was curious. So during a slightly bored spell (I was waiting for a new TS3 EP to come out) I tracked down a copy of the TS2 base game on eBay or somewhere.

I was blown away!!!! Yes the graphics were different, yes it was an older game, yes it was a closed world but I continued on. I found a connection to these little people that I had never felt with TS3.

I know other people are going to feel differently but to me comparing TS4 to TS2 is like comparing an old Volkswagen to a vintage Rolls......TS4 being the Volkswagen.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    People get too caught up on catchy graphics. It's like music. You can have a nice beat and trashy lyrics. Some people like it. I prefer something better. Classier. Even the older recordings, sometimes vintage really sounds better. So many games are ditching good stories and engaging plots for flashy graphics with no depth. I do not approve.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    People are not just 'validating' each other for the sake of it. People here have their own minds, their own feelings and their own experiences and personalities which influences how we deal with things.

Trying to pigeon hole people into groups never works. It's not effective. Unless under duress people don't willingly give up their freedom to think or feel the way they do.

So I won't say or see groups. I see individuals with equal say and investment in this game series as everyone else.
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Actually, I think you'll find many feel Sims 2 was the pinnacle, and would be excited to have a Sims 2 with massively updated (as in 2015-PC-not phone/tablet) graphics.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hagfisher wrote: »

Ed Harris with hair just isn't right.

2_Copy_070419111914090_wideweb__300x375.jpg

• JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member

IMHO EA has been Blurring Reality Lines, Destabilizing the Orbital Payloads, and Partioning the Social Network when they need to go back and Reticulate some Splines while Branching a Family Tree, thus Generating Intrique if they ever hope to Balance Domestic Coefficients instead of Iterating Chaos Arrays.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »

Ed Harris with hair just isn't right.

2_Copy_070419111914090_wideweb__300x375.jpg
    If you didn't say it's Ed Harris I would have thought it's Tommy Lee Jones.

This space is for rent.
    edited January 2015
    I think that the reason that you talk about your disappointment as a consumer is to evoke change. That is not going to happen if you sit and do nothing. If you do that, and just settle, you deserve what you get. You also have to keep it on the table so there is no chance of it to be forgotten by EA. EA needs to know what is wrong with the product. The video does a nice job of pointing a good share of those things out. People care about this franchise.

Ok, but then why do people who are disappointed keep coming into threads where we want to talk about what's right with the game and trying to derail them? EA needs to know what is wrong with the product, but EA also needs to know what is right with the product. And what's right for one customer may not be right for another customer. And some discussions we want to have with other Simmers, not just EA. If you want to know why the positive simmers feel ignored, for one thing it is because our threads are constantly being moved to the Feedback section, but we don't see that with the negative feedback threads staying in General Discussion.

That is subjective.

Ok, name one positive thread that hasn't been subject to a derail attempt and/or moved to Feedback quickly.

It seems you are not understanding what is feedback. Feedback is good and or bad. All good feedback belongs in feedback, along with bad feedback. A discussion about facts of the game is not feedback. This thread is a discussions about the facts. Yes, the OP added his 'feedback' by saying it sux but his facts are correct and can't be denied. The part about he doesn't like it is feedback, however, the facts in his video are facts.

If you make a thread about what you are doing in your game or what your Sim did in the game, then that is not feedback and belongs in the general but the mods are the ones ultimately that finally decide if something is just people arguing or actually having a true discussion about the facts. Or if you are discussing what you are doing in your game and how well it is going which would not be feedback.
    We are giving feedback about those facts here though.
    Feedback is always about facts.
    "This is in the game. And this is how I feel about that."
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member

Sims 4, to succeed, must first become 'great'. I see no reason for consumers to prop it up, subsidizing a lazy company by buying an incomplete product in hopes the producer will eventually improve it. IF you buy it, EA assumes you like it the way it is, and will just produce more of the same fail. One does not get quality from subsidizing mediocrity.

This! ... We can either vote with our wallets and voice our opinions or never expect any better. EA can do better than this and for the money we already invested, they should take pride in making this right with their customers.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
    Actually, I think you'll find many feel Sims 2 was the pinnacle, and would be excited to have a Sims 2 with massively updated (as in 2015-PC-not phone/tablet) graphics.

Sims 2 was the pinnacle in many ways, but the simultaneous control of sims in the open neighborhood that Sims 3 offered made it impossible for me to go back to 2.

Sims 2 was the pinnacle in many ways, but the simultaneous control of sims in the open neighborhood that Sims 3 offered made it impossible for me to go back to 2.

How about Sims 2 with updated graphics, an open world and (well done) world wide story progression? I'd buy it.

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

How about Sims 2 with updated graphics, an open world and (well done) world wide story progression? I'd buy it.

Me too.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding

I could even do without story progression if the AI of sims was done right.

TS4's CAS + TS2's Sims + TS3's worlds, all updated and uniformed to look right together.

Had they done that, I'd be too busy playing it to be chatting on the forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top