Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim would rather starve to death?

Ok, so I loaded up 4 today to let my family run for a sim day or two and discovered that they all seem to be on a hunger strike. They are not autonomously eating anything. There is nothing wrong with the appliances, there are no blocked paths, they are on free-will. My main sim is Very Uncomfortable and 11 hours away from death. He's also a level 10 cook and his wife is as well. She and the daughter get auto greened in hunger at work and school apparently? He's a homebody and he's about to become worm food. He tends to his other needs fine, as do they all. But they wont cook.

Comments

• Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    235e5e30c12b5bd340fe7a131636fc4ebff5592a648a8ff6261ffaba65993bf6.jpg
    On a serious note I tried googling the issue. Although not quite the same as yours, there seems to be a food glitch going around.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Food-bug-Attempting-to-eat-food-but-ends-up-on-floor/td-p/3491737
    Possible update glitch?
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Three hours til death and he goes to bed. Dumb sim.
  • Options
    Could be, as soon as he's kicked the bucket I'll see if his wife can still cook.
  • Options
    Aw don't let him die lol That suc.ks. Does TS4 have a resetsim cheat?
  • Options
    Aww he gone!!! :D I just wont save this time. Curious to see what happens.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey ! many are reporting this issue after the patch well not starving :) but not cooking, try repairing the game - open origin right click on game icon and select repair
  • Options
    Yeah, she can't cook. Thing is, I repaired this game after the patch to see if it could help with load times. I will repair it once again, though. I would think they would autonomously eat the produce in their inventories if starving to death.
  • Options
    Nobody even noticed he's missing. I did get her to order pizza but just gonna close the game and repair and leave it for another while.
  • Options
    Hope this gets sorted out for you soon.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    This is one of the reasons I uninstalled. I had this same problem...and once it affects your save, there is no recovering it. You'll have to repair the game each time you play.

The good news is that you can throw a grill in the yard and they'll use that.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons I uninstalled. I had this same problem...and once it affects your save, there is no recovering it. You'll have to repair the game each time you play.

The good news is that you can throw a grill in the yard and they'll use that.

Seriously? After he got almost all the collections?

Maybe they'll fix it? I wont reinstall every time I want to play, I don't imagine anyone else will long term either.

• Options
    PheobelisPheobelis Posts: 45 Member
    Clear your cache. It worked for me.
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    :I we need more creative ways to kill sims.
  • Options
    Thanks, Pheobelis, but I had done that as well, following the patch and either before or after repairing the game... May try it once again when I feel like loading up the game again if I remember. I've been fortunate not to have run into serious issues prior to this aside from lag and crashing and whatnot. The game seems more work than it is worth at this time so I guess I will just wait and see what EA has to offer. It was just going to be a few minute diversion before taking care of other business before bedtime, played Bejeweled instead.
  • Options
    alfardialfardi Posts: 116 Member
    Smarter sims, weirder stories ;)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    Come to think of it, I've had sims in my family die that I wasn't watching religiously. I'll be playing mom and all of a sudden the camera pans to dad lying on the floor in the kitchen waiting for grim, and I'm sitting there like tf?
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I've experienced this glitch and it had me very worried. My Sims couldn't seem to do anything in their kitchen. At first I blamed the lot itself. Then I remembered I had put in a mod, that suggested it was good after the latest patch, but if we (the users) found something, to let the creator of the mod know. I removed the mod. My family can now use their kitchen, like normal. What made me realize it was the mod was when I'd sent three of the family members out to the kitchen to fix food. The action kept being cancelled out. With the third Sim, I saw him opening up an imaginary fridge — in the living room, of all places. This was a glitch I had not experienced. My game has been virtually glitch free. I realized, then, that the mod had to be the problem. Once I removed it, things are back to normal. I went back to MTS and redownloaded the mod, just to be sure. Same glitch returned. I've got at least three other mods in my game, but the one I really wanted the most, of course, is the one causing the issue. However, there are several mods of this nature. (This is one that changes the number of days in each lifestage, dependent on which life span you've selected.) The new one I've tried seems to be functioning well. MissChevus-Sim2aging.package.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/