Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @Brandontaylor don't let the dislikes children trait put you off allowing a sim to have children. It just gives them a negative moodlet when around children and toddlers and they pull a face occasionally but still make excellent and attentive mothers. It is a necessary trait for the heirs to have in the Perfect Genetics Challenge and I feel it's a waste of time because I thought it'd make them difficult mothers but they are very caring and loving with their children and babies.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ok, you wanted more, here you go. :)

This is more info on Lotta: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Lotta_Greaves

Mark invited Lotta over after her work again, and she accepted. They have full 100% relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend, but still no option for him to invite her to move in.

52537173919_0c60973615_c.jpg

He turned up the charm and put some moves on her, much to the plumbot's amusement.

52537429418_cf8a619b84_c.jpg

In fact, she got jealous and interrupted to give Lotta a massage. :lol:

52537173844_e88533febd_c.jpg

It was during these events that Mark got the bubble to ask her to move in, but for some reason after the plumbot massage it didn't come up again. Darn it for the interruption! :#

It was about 2am and they were both tired, so they went to bed together. No woohoo though, until she gets a ring on her finger. Even a newly resurrected sim has to act like a lady. :mrgreen: No wishes from him for that, either, so he is a gentleman. o:)<3

The spring festival is over and the summer festival is starting, so lets see what role the game gives her when they wake up.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited December 2022
    @emorrill - already itching for more chapters. Looking forward to tomorrow's offering. :mrgreen:

@GraceyManor - glad you managed to get that straightened out. I'm still considering switching. You may have to tell me how you managed to get the store stuff installed when I make the change-over. :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @thuggishsplicer

* waves*, great to see a new update from you.

@Brandontaylor

The new family seems fun.

@emorrill

I enjoyed the start of the Christmas story, she seems like a fun
    main character to play with, I hope she finds what ever dreams she is looking for.
    Handsome men too, now you can not say you cant make handsome males, cause you can!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer it was a trip. It really was 😂 time and patience. I was ready to fling my desktop.
    This was an adult paparazzi guy in the university world,
    I made him a young adult and added cc.

BGvCnKY.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Oh wow! The response from y'all to the debut of my Christmas story was such a heartwarming, lovely surprise. Thank you so much everyone. <3<3 I couldn't have asked for better friends. 🥰

Allow me to ring in the Christmas season by sharing one of my favorite Christmas songs by David Archuleta. 🎵 He's such a cutie. :blush: The video is cute too. Enjoy! (It might become a new favorite for you too. ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0QuvuTEGiU

@GraceyManor Loved your many comments! 💜
    You've never heard the "We Three Kings" song before? :open_mouth: I grew up hearing the Beach Boys version of it so, here ya go. :blush: (I know it's old school. :p ) But yeah look up some other versions when you get the chance. :)
    The way her parents met was so beautiful! Sometimes you just know huh?
    ^Yup. How it was for my parents too (and me and hubby). :blush: Well, my dad knew my mom was the girl for him way before she did (the moment he saw her actually), and she kinda thought he was a nerd - his big, thick 1970's glasses didn't help :lol: , but he continued to pursue her and eventually grew on her. ;)<3
    Maplewood falls is that an actual Sims 3 world for downloading? And did that gorgeous little house come with it?
    ^So Maplewood Falls is the Hylewood world I was posting a few weeks back about. :) The Reataza home is one I found on MTS. Sorry I can't remember which creator I got it from or I would link it. :(
    Yeah Landon is a sweetie. <3
    I laughed at the bit about starbucks, Its true. Their coffee is overrated. XD Wow!
    ^Lol! That's what I've always heard so...I threw it into the story. :lol:
    I love how you set up the office. You always do such a great job setting the scene.
    ^Thank you. :blush: It's fun.
    I'm glad your fiancé respects your decision to focus on your career. :star: It really is important and it's something I wish I had done...
    Oh new neighbors? Hmm I wonder if they are gonna be good looking guys!
    ^This is me...do you even have to wonder? :smirk::p:lol:
    Thanks again for the sweet comments. I'm glad you're enjoying the story so far. :blush:

@Brandontaylor I like the changes you made to Samuel and Olivia Goth. :) I'm so not familiar with most ghosts in the game. :lol:
    ...I realized she dislikes children so I decided against it. I don't think that trait makes them hate teens though, so I kind of want her to be like the cool aunt to the teenagers.
    ^I hadn't really thought about that, but I think you're right there. 👍🏻
    I'd love to see you play out some generations in Moonlight Falls. :grin:

@MamaSimTee
    Yay emorrill !
    ^Thanks sweet lady! :mrgreen:<3
    Guess the new EA app really is that bad? I'm sorry... :(

@KevinL5275 Yay you decided to post more! :mrgreen: 💜
    I hardly ever get the option to invite a sim to move in...I keep wondering if it's due to a mod or something because it's supposed to show up when relationships are high. :confused:
    He turned up the charm and put some moves on her, much to the plumbot's amusement.
    ^LOL! :lol:
    Oh darn the massage messed up the "move in" option! :confounded: Glad it popped up for you though. 👍🏻
    No woohoo though, until she gets a ring on her finger. Even a newly resurrected sim has to act like a lady. :mrgreen:
    ^Very good. 🙌🏻 :innocent:;)

@Nikkei_Simmer
    already itching for more chapters. Looking forward to tomorrow's offering. :mrgreen:
    ^Thank you my friend. :blush:
    Long after I wrote that the Yamamoto family moved from Canada, but came from Japan, I was like...that sounds like someone I know. :lol:;):p

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks. <3 Malai is adorable and it's been fun writing out her character and all her thoughts. ;)
    Handsome men too, now you can not say you cant make handsome males, cause you can!
    ^Aww, well thank you. 🥰
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Didn’t get much playing done last night. Too bushed. Just went into CAS and created a pair of new sims.

Not looking forward to the snow. Just checked the weather app and it says it’s supposed to flurry in the morning so we’ll see how getting wife to work is gonna be. Secondly the start of snowfall is pushed back to 7PM. SO hopefully we’ll beat the snow back into Surrey. And miss the resultant traffic snarlups caused by people with no common-sense whatsoever to stay off the roads or be driven by professional drivers (aka transit though I saw a few accidents Tuesday night caused by transit).

Fingers crossed, I can get home in enough time to not be thoroughly exhausted and end up falling asleep before I can play the Sims.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    So now I am having another issue. I uninstalled a lot because items weren't showing up and the launcher now says its still installed.
    edited December 2022
    Those of you have heard my complaints about my Tuesday Night Commute home.

Let Nikkei_Simmer tell y’all a story.

“First Hint of Snow and Everything Goes to…”

Tuesday’s commute home was a literal nightmare. 5 1/2 hrs of pure misery.

Not only were Lower Mainlanders blissfully unaware of the white mass of cold frozen stuff that was going to cascade onto their unsuspecting heads, the functionally brain-dead amongst us undertook it to make the experience of commuting absolutely horrific.

My personal horror story started with a blissful jaunt down Canoe Pass Way not suspecting the scenes from Carmageddon to ensue as we drive unawares of the carnage closer to home. My first inkling that something was wrong was an eighteen-wheeler involved in a one vehicle jack-knife blocking one lane about 3/4s of the way Eastward on Highway 17. But that was easy to go around. Then not five minutes driving later I see redlights all the way down the 17 to Nordel Way where I was supposed to exit. So our progress slowed to an imperceptible crawl. At this point it has only been 35minutes since we left Tsawwassen Mills Mall - little did I know we were going to be in for five hours of trying to get home. About half an hour later essentially only having moved about 6 feet down highway 17. I said to my wife, the first of many times that night, “Do people here even know how to drive in snow?” My wife just rolled her eyes and sighed. This was going to be a long night of cussing, emitting blue expletives, wishing not so goodwill upon all mankind and wishing some cataclysmic event would befall humanity causing the roads to miraculously clear and offer us a route home unimpeded by who I called many times that night the functionally braindead who got their driver’s license out of a Crackerjack box. Needless to say, wishing ill upon humanity did not work.

At the 1 hr and 45 minute mark after making about a mile progress down Highway 17, as the driver I made the conscious (reluctantly conscious mind you, I would have much preferred to have been home, in my bed unconscious at this point) decision to remove ourselves from that morass of confused and impatient drivers, the one behind me, seeming to want to stick his/her nose up the rear of my Nissan Versa Note in an attempt to either satisfy his/her urgings to make me go a bit faster or to breed his/her Toyota 4Runner to my back fender. No is no. How much faster can I move when the average traffic flow speed is 0km/hr. We’re at a freaking standstill. Cool your jets. You ain’t goin’ anywhere. Our alternate route was to try to get onto Scott Road. So we continued to head down Highway 17 until we saw the Old Yale Road intersection. That was not a wise move. We exited Hwy17 to enter a divergent intersection that crossed King George Highway which led us to Scott Road and into a traffic jam that kept us occupied for the next two and a half hours gratefully thanking any deity in earshot that we had snow-tires on, that we could exercise our options of escaping or consider sitting in this traffic jam on Scott Road for the next six hours until it cleared. We finally opted to escape the traffic jam within about six km from our home since we were getting nowhere fast and we were rapidly starting to reach the halfway point of whatever gas we had put in to get home that night. We exited the teeming lump of irritated humanity and exhaust fumes and made what we thought was our escape.

No, we were back on Hwy 17, headed eastward towards Langley. This time I notified my wife, “Hon, I think we should just go to Langley and hit Fraser Hwy and see if the road is clear THAT way.” Of course my brain at that point had forgotten the name of said highway and my brain had devolved to the point of gesticulating in the direction of where I considered the rough direction of home and mumbling incoherently about the diagonal highway that goes all the way to Whalley? Yeah, my brain was close to tofu by this point. There’s a longish bridge along Hwy 17 and of course thanking my lucky stars we had snows because my vehicle had a bit of a fish-tail as my right back wheel hit a patch of ice. There was so much snow one couldn’t tell if it was just compacted snow turned into ice or whether it was Black ice. We emerged from Hwy 17 at 172nd street. And like my Chinese Astrological sign (the Dog), I went exploring to try and find Fraser Hwy - all the natural landmarks are in the dark, I don’t know this area and naturally I’m lost. Keep in mind that this is now 11:30PM, we’d left Tsawwassen Mills at 7:00PM, we left the gas station at 56th in Tsawwassen with 149km of gas remaining in the tank. We were now at 88km remaining and we still weren’t home. My beloved and I are now getting more than irritated. My median age had reverted to toddler and I’n now getting downright cranky. Like a toddler, all I wanted to do was go home, eat and sleep. Of course our bladders both were acting up and I wanted nothing more than to; a thought I’d been verbalizing multiple times that night already, “I just want to get the hell home”. Thankfully we managed to find 100th Avenue in the dark and utilize the Esso Station as an impromptu bathroom - luckily for us, they have public washroom facilities.

I exit the gas station, turn right onto 100th Avenue and not more than a mile down the road I run into nature’s latest Eff U, there’s a traffic jam up 100th. So since my back end was clear, I reverse gauging the lights behind me, then do an illegal U-turn; no choice these were extenuating circumstances and head back towards the intersection and go south that I knew would exit us at Fraser Highway. Now no longer incoherent or directionally challenged, I knew where I was and where I was going I headed right on Fraser Highway. We hit 96 and Fraser, turning left. We saw accumulations of snow as we hit King George and 96 as they hadn’t been through with the ploughs yet. My beloved wife’s spirits rose considerably as we hit Scott and 96. We were now within stones throw of our home.

And thankfully it was clear sailing from there. I uttered one final “Thank goodness I’m glad I’m home” as I turned the key in the lock of my home. We’d made it despite seeing all manner of incompetence on the road and having a few episodes of near-homicidal rage at the stupidity exhibited by some drivers.

My advice to people: Get some snow tires on.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    @emorrill
    Loved the first chapter of the story! Can't wait to read the next chapter! :smiley:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I played a whole sim day late yesterday. I recorded toddler training and some other household members gained skills or worked their way through opportunities. Then I thought, to be safe I ought to save here so as not to lose anything. I still have 20 sims plus 2 pets in the household and it runs very smoothly but I still have to watch out for Error 12. Well, as it saved I decided to do some singing practice and over my shoulder I noticed the dreaded message - ' An unexpected error has occurred...' Well I was NOT happy. So I shut down. Now I'm waiting for it to load again. I just aged up two children to teen. I want them to get a few more skills before aging them up to YA and sending them out on their own. I also aged up the two fully trained toddlers and they had just been to their first day at school. The new toddlers had completed their walk, talk and potty skills as well as peg box and xylophone training. They were about to start reading their sill books.

I think I'll have to age up another pair of children to teens soon and save more often and get those teens trained and aged up to YA and moved out to a different world. Progress is way too slow with things they way they are. The current teens and children ready to age up are the aliens and their imaginary friends made real.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Working on another household of Sims for the new story tonight. This time, it is Beatrice, Belinda, and Bianca Crumplebottom. Beatrice only is getting a hair and makeup change, and maybe a few different clothing items, but that's it. Haven't started on Belinda yet, as I skipped to Bianca. The order of birth is the same as how I listed them. Beatrice is an adult when the game starts, but is going to be roughly 21 in my story. Belinda is probably going to be around 18 so she should stay a young adult. Bianca is going to be 16 or so, which makes her close in age to my version of Cornelia. I still have to use Simon (their uncle in this save) as a base to create their father, and create their mother. Once they are all ready, then I'll move on to Victor, Gretle, Gunther, and Frida, then probably Lolita's family before moving on to Nancy Landgraab's family. So far, that is as far as I've planned on families but I will add more families than that.

@emorrill Great start to the story! Malai seems like a nice Sim and I like her parents too.
    Her friend Landon seems like a good character. I'm glad that he found out who he is, even if it did break Malai's heart at the time.
    Something tells me this new couples children are the "Three Kings". Can't wait to meet them!
    There used to be a Filipino couple in my town years ago. They were always so nice to me and my brother.
    Thanks! I'm not too familiar with a lot of the ghosts either. I've only seen some of them when playing living Sims, others I never see.
    I looked it up, and apparently, they just don't like babies, toddlers, and children.
    That's going to happen soon, actually. The Goth family from my other save is moving there once I get my new story set up.

@GraceyManor Lol, it doesn't seem hard to get lost. I'm glad you found your way back to your group.
    You'd think she'd want to get rid of Anna, although Miss Hannigan got a cleaner for free, and I don't think she'd clean the place up herself. At least they know her weakness is fear of her license getting revoked.

@Karritz I might have them have a kid once I start the story then. I did look to see what potential children of theirs could look like.

@KevinL5275 At least their relationship is high.
    Hopefully you get her in the household soon.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, I can't wait to start playing the town. I've never played with Samuel and Olivia before, although with the previous family I've shared, I've played at least Agnes Crumplebottom and Cornelia (Crumplebottom) Goth.
    Nice job on the paparazzo makeover! I sometimes randomly edit them too, but usually only change a bit.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited December 2022
    Game crashed in CAS so have to restart the Crumplebottom sisters now. Shouldn’t take too long now that I know how I’m dressing them.

***Redid Belinda and Bianca but got too tired of being on the computer so will do Beatrice next week. Have to go to bed early after work tomorrow and won’t have time to play over the weekend.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    Good news everyone! The next morning after spending the night together, Lotta no longer was sent off to the Festival Park again. So Mark chatted her up and complimented her until the option to ask her to move in appeared. Success!! She is now a part of his household, and brought $3 million simoleons with her from the homeless pool. Holy cow!! I donated it back to the town hall charities, as that was just way too much money.

Now that she is a full-fledged sim again, Lotta rolled a wish to get a makeover. Ok, that makes sense, you're newly alive, let's go buy a new wardrobe. :D

52538624057_bc1836f4c6_c.jpg

Lotta and Mark have a date at the arboretum.

52538624072_dde4d18891_c.jpg

She got a job as a cashier at the supermarket, but they both had the next day off. They enjoyed each other's company by playing with the frisbee in the back yard.

52538623962_7ee9af1f30_c.jpg

They're very affectionate, with wishes to hold hands, kiss, and cuddle on the couch, but no wishes to woohoo nor get married yet.

Ok, I lied, I didn't donate all of her money back, I kept some of it and bulldozed their 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom house and built a new 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in its place so they have room in case they want to expand their household. <3

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @Brandontaylor

Thank you

I have 3 more makeovers, no facial changes,
    only a tiny edit if the face was too much potato.

I was in my story save, so it's uni townies that got a makeover.

QctD7pZ.jpg

Mahmoud

pG37K1n.jpg

One of the adults

eI2oGrW.jpg

one of the sorority girls I think
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer LOL Going by your story if I say I am on the Island then you know what I mean. My mother made it to work 6 days a week no matter the snowfall and yet I watch people from my window that can't even make it out of their parking space. ha ha
    @GraceyManor my store content has been staying installed (fingers crossed) so I'm hoping that means someone is working on this. The store website coming up error I think is because it originally was set up for IE. I usually find a refresh works. My day today with Sims3 was mostly reinstalling my purchase history.
    My newly (oldie) legacy is finally back up and running.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    @Bluegayle - My wife and I are hoping to visit the Island at some point in the next year (2023) again. Her dream if we win the Lotto Max is to buy a property up in Nanaimo or Qualicum Beach.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    So here's my dilemma: If I change Lotta's skin to one that is more "realistic" then she loses her purple tint from being a ghost.

52540425127_9fd16f96eb_c.jpg

Should I change her skin, or keep her default?
    @Simexpert123
    Loved the first chapter of the story! Can't wait to read the next chapter! :smiley:
    ^Thank you. :blush: I'll be posting the next chapter in an hour or so here. :mrgreen:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments. <3
    I like Malai's parents too. I likened them a little to my parents, but my parents didn't nag about the marriage thing. :lol:
    Yes, Landon is a really good guy. <3
    Something tells me this new couples children are the "Three Kings".
    ^Yeppers. :mrgreen:
    I swear, Filipinos are some of the kindest people on planet earth. <3 It was lovely getting to know them when hubby and I went to the Philippines years ago. (That's where he served his mission for our church and he wanted to take me there. 🥰 )
    More of the story is coming very soon! :smiley:
    Looks like you learned more about the "Dislikes children" trait. Right on. 👍🏻

@KevinL5275 I enjoyed the update with Lotta and Mark again. <3
    I would say if you like the purple tint to her, I would not change her skin. 👍🏻 That being said, she looks good both ways to me. :)

@Silverofdreams30 You made Mahmoud look 1000x better! :love:

*CHAPTER 2 OF "MY 'THREE KINGS' OF CHRISTMAS" IS COMING IN AN HOUR!* :mrgreen: 🎄
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @KevinL5275 I think you should leave her be. But that's me and my love for purple.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
    MamaSimTee wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 I think you should leave her be. But that's me and my love for purple.

@MamaSimTee ^I love purple too! :mrgreen: 💜
    edited December 2022
    Once again, better late than never! (On the day I planned to post.) :lol:

Enjoy the next part of "My 'Three Kings' of Christmas" everyone. :blush:

Chapter 2

*Christmas Eve Day*

52543160330_2295f0680b_c.jpg

I was awakened by a light knock on my door; hoping it wasn’t earlier than 8 o’clock.

“Good morning Malai,” my mother greeted softly, cracking open the door. “Merry Christmas Eve!”

“Merry Christmas Eve to you too momma,” I mumbled under the bed sheet wrapped over my nose and mouth. I was comfy. I wasn’t ready to get up just yet. However the smell of coffee rushing through the narrow opening of the door and straight into my nostrils caused me to reconsider being awake. That’s why I found it interesting when my mom said:

“I made some hot cocoa, along with your favorite breakfast quiche.”

Ohhh yes. That glorious combination of eggs, sausage, bacon, spinach leaves, bell pepper and onion with just the right amount of cheese nestled in a pie crust baked to perfection. Mmm. And no one could ever make quiche as good as my mom, not even in New York City. She was really trying to get me up. But why?

Before I could ask, she beckoned, “Come, before it gets cold,” and headed back down the hall.

I pulled the bed sheet away from my face and turned to look at the clock on my nightstand: 7:32

“Really?” I grumbled, throwing all the covers off me now and sitting up. I had hoped to get to sleep in for a bit on this first morning of Christmas break, but I guess my mom had an important reason for tempting me awake so early. At least I hope she did…

52542215982_14ce3b4b42_c.jpg

I yawned while shuffling towards the kitchen, scratching at my messy hair. Light Christmas music chimed from the CD player in the living room. My parents are still “old school” like that - using CDs - but I think it’s cute.

52543159815_11aed0c518_c.jpg

“Morning beautiful girl,” my dad lovingly greeted as he poured himself a cup of coffee. Naturally I blushed while thinking, Oh that’s right. Dad can’t have momma’s hot cocoa. He’d been trying to cut back on his sugar consumption since he was diagnosed with diabetes. But how he can drink coffee black - and not use stevia or something - is beyond me! He came over and kissed the top of my head before sitting himself down on the couch and reading the newspaper.

Mom handed me a heaping serving of quiche on a plate with a fork before getting started on washing the breakfast dishes. For some reason she only used the dishwasher for really big meals. I think it feels satisfying to her to clean the dishes herself. And really, that’s what she was always used to doing for most of her life.

I stood in the kitchen and gobbled down that delicious quiche faster than I had intended while my mom and I made a bit of small talk. She still hadn’t said or hinted at the whole me still being single thing. I could get used to this…

52543159550_8d2311546e_c.jpg

“Anyway, since we invited the Yamamoto’s over for Christmas dinner, Mami insisted that she and Hoshi host us for Christmas Eve dinner,” my mom added.
    “Ok,” I casually acknowledged with a mouth full of deliciousness.
    “To which of course I insisted that I help her prepare for dinner tonight, since she insisted earlier that she help me with Christmas dinner.” She grinned, clearly loving the relationship she had with her new best friend. It was really cute.
    “Ok,” I said again, only this time I had swallowed. My eyes pleasurably rolled into my head as the flavor made my taste buds dance. “Mmm, gosh this is so good! I’ve missed it.”

52543222438_165a3a1fdf_c.jpg

“I knew that would get you out of bed.” She flashed me a smirk.
    “Actually, it was the coffee that did it.” I chuckled, to which she playfully gasped at.
    “I’m offended!” she teased. “You’ve been living in New York City for too long…”
    I shook my head with a smile.

“Well hurry and get dressed,” my mom pressed, while drying her hands on the kitchen towel. “We have a big day ahead of us.”
    “Oh?”
    “Yes. Mami and Hoshi’s children are arriving this morning and when they are all ready, we’ll be heading over to meet them and then help with dinner.”
    Wha–? I thought with a halt. Does she mean like ALL day at the neighbors house? On Christmas Eve? But what if I don’t–
    “We’re just so anxious for you to meet them, Malai.” She widely grinned.

52543221823_3a9120e2b0_c.jpg

“And they’re anxious to meet you,” my dad chimed in from the couch. “Hoshi and Mami I mean. I can’t speak for their kids, but,” he returned his gaze to the newspaper, “surely they’ll think quite highly of you.”

52542675476_b306e5f668_c.jpg

For a moment I didn’t really know what to say. “Uh…Ok." I blinked. "I’ll just…go get ready then.” But not before washing my plate and fork and setting them in the dish drying rack. And I totally needed to shower first.

52542970829_510131586f_c.jpg

I wasn’t exactly sure how I felt about spending most of Christmas with the neighbors (I mean they were simply joining us for Christmas dinner from what I understood!) but…at least I wouldn’t be getting an extra concentrated dose of “when are you going to finally find a man, get married, and have children already” from my parents at the dinner table; being the only one to come home for Christmas and all. I was honestly experiencing some crazy distress over facing that scenario so…I should be thanking the new neighbors for sparing me from that, if anything.

This sure was a different way to spend Christmas for us. But there’s nothing wrong with different. It can be a welcoming change sometimes. And I was soon to learn just that.

❄❄❄

It was a hair after 10:30 when the three of us approached the Yamamoto’s front door. I might’ve glanced down at my watch to see how long it would be until dinner. I sighed. Apparently the Yamamoto’s would be hosting us for lunch as well…I wasn’t sure what to expect this Christmas anymore.

My mom’s new best friend opened the door and greeted her with a giant smile and tight hug, as if they hadn’t seen each other in years. It was so beautiful. Then she turned to my father and gave him a bow, as well as to me. “Welcome Reatazas,” she said, then beckoned with her hand, “please please come in!” It was a bit chilly out, especially with the light breeze going on.

As we stepped into the foyer and hung up our coats and removed our shoes, I half expected to see Japanese decor and furniture all around us, but no. It was a normal, simple, and humble setting. Much like a cozy foyer scene in CM magazine.

52542674996_15b556e78c_c.jpg

My parents placed their hands on my shoulders as my mother said, “Mami, we are so pleased to introduce our youngest daughter, Malai.”
    I shyly smiled.
    Mami immediately took my hand into hers and said in the sweetest, most soft spoken way, “It is such a pleasure to meet you Malai. You are every bit as pretty as your mother described.” I might’ve blushed, but mostly out of dismissiveness. “I’ve heard so many lovely things about you.”
    “That’s good to know,” I joked, smiling again.

52542674866_1f63431981_c.jpg

Mami chuckled, just as lightly as the tone of her voice. My first impression of her was nothing but a kind soul with a sincere heart. A beautiful woman inside and out - who aged well I might add, as most of us Asian ladies do - with long, straight, jet black hair, partially pulled back with thin bangs flowing down the sides of her fair face, framing it. She was simply…lovely. Just like my mom.

52542970299_5a4a45a5b6_c.jpg

“Hoshi and our children are waiting in the living room. Come.” She beckoned again. It was a short distance to the room, just past the stairway and through the arch to the left. The arch to the right led into the kitchen.

When the four of us entered the living room, the others stood from their seats in unison to greet us. The Patriarch of the family promptly stepped forward and warmly greeted my father with a handshake and then my mother. His gaze then rested upon me with a welcoming smile, surrounded by light wrinkles. Age marks aside, he was an attractive older man.

52542213562_56a06a6a41_c.jpg

Mami introduced me this time. “Hoshi, this is Sergio and Nin’s beautiful daughter, Malai.”
    My heart was pounding as he took my hand in the same way his wife did. “Welcome to our home Malai. It is a pleasure to finally meet you.”
    “The pleasure is all mine Mr. Yamamoto.”
    He slightly bowed his head in appreciation and then outstretched his arm to the side. “Allow me to introduce our sons…”

Sons?

With Mr. Yamamoto fully out of the way, my eyes met with three adult men, not too far apart in age, standing side by side, and they were utterly…GORGEOUS! Oh my! I lost a breath.

52542970089_140bbe7167_c.jpg

My eyeballs practically popped out of my eyes and my heart skipped a beat in those few fleeting seconds of staring. I think my jaw dropped further than I had intended it to as well. And they seemed just as equally surprised to see me.

52542674431_6119799a20_c.jpg

Timidly smitten, I inched forward while Mr. Yamamoto continued with the introductions.

“This is our oldest son, Aizen…”

Aizen gave me a firm handshake with a slight nod, giving off a hint of a smile. He was a tanned, well built, muscular man, with a mysterious aura about him. His black hair was long - barely touching the base of his neck, mostly parted to one side, with bangs partially shading his equally dark eyes. The beard he wore complimented and adorned his finely defined jawline.

52542213107_bda5b0f8f2_c.jpg

He appeared to be single; in his older age. Because no woman stood beside him or anywhere around him. Interesting.
    I smiled and continued on to the next brother.

“...our middle child, Kai…”

Kai took my hand wearing a much brighter, closed mouth smile, but not with as firm of a handshake as his older brother. No biggie. There was a hint of emerald color in his eyes behind his thin framed glasses. He must wear colored contacts, I thought; obviously not for the benefit of his vision. His dark hair was short and slicked upward. Almost that dove-tailed style, but much better looking and sexier. The stubble on his face added even more to his sex appeal.

52543157040_14a50c862f_c.jpg

I don’t know why I flash-glanced down at his other hand to check for a ring, but…he seemed to be single as well. Wow.
    I smiled at him in return with unabashedly blushed cheeks just before moving on to the final brother.

52542673776_65fa6aa3db_c.jpg

“...and our youngest son, Ryu.”

“How you doin’?” Ryu surprisingly greeted me in the manner of Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

52543219673_0c841a675a_c.jpg

My smile practically exploded. I couldn’t help noticing Aizen shake his head out of the corner of my eye and Kai lowering his while holding back a chuckle.
    “Good,” I coyly answered.

52543219473_d48f3c2f1b_c.jpg

My first thought about Ryu was that he looks just like Jungkook from BTS! (Ok, yes, I listen to K-Pop occasionally…) Mostly because his hairstyle looked exactly the same, subtle brown highlights and all. I don’t know if that was intentional or…I quickly dismissed the thought. He was definitely an attractive young man, thin, just as fair skinned as his mother, and full of spirit, spu'nk, and wits. Clearly unashamed and unafraid of projecting himself to the world, and that spoke volumes to me. Normally I don’t swoon over a guy who is obviously younger than myself, but maybe it was because he looked so much like Jungkook. I might’ve given him a giddy handshake while trying to hide my inner 19 year old fangirl as I moved on to the next person.

A much shorter person this time, and female; probably 9 or 10 years old. It was apparent that she had been sitting in the bean bag chair, away from the boring adults, playing the Nintendo Switch before standing up to greet us.

“And this is our granddaughter, Amaya,” Hoshi concluded.

Amaya very cutely held her hand out to me with big, sparkling green eyes. Her wavy black tresses flowed down just past her shoulders and she had the most beautiful cocoa colored skin I had ever seen.
    “It’s very nice to meet you Amaya,” I said while shaking her little hand. “I’m Malai.”
    “Wow,” the little girl whispered to me in awe, her eyes growing wider. “You’re so pretty!”

52542968794_2dec413288_c.jpg

“Amaya…,” Aizen voiced in a light, somewhat scolding tone, which confirmed to me that he was the one out of the three that was her father.
    Little did I know that Kai was thinking, You could say that again… as he gave me a smile of adoration.
    “Thank you,” I expressed to Amaya, holding a hand to my touched heart. “You are too.”
    The little girl blushed with shyness.

My parents and I sat down in the chairs provided for us, beside the crackling fireplace, and in no time at all we were all chatting, nodding, and chuckling, while getting to know each other better. Japanese Christmas music played lightly in the background and in some moments I found myself being consumed by its melodious tunes. At one point, Mami excused herself to the kitchen and soon my mother followed after her. In what seemed like five seconds, she and Mami returned with chicken salad croissant sandwiches with a side of raw veggies on a plate for each of us. Along with a bottle of our choice of strawberry or melon - Christmas colors, hee hee - Ramune soda! Yum! These soda bottles are the coolest things! Inside the glass spout is a marble, which helps to seal the bottle and keep the fizz inside, and you’re able to drink through it! I mean, I always thought it was cool. No other drink bottle is like it anywhere to my knowledge. Anyway, that was lunch. I couldn’t believe two hours had already passed!

I very much enjoyed getting to know each brother, and intently listened whenever one of them spoke while secretly ogling at them. It couldn’t be helped.

52542211557_ecdb6d6ce9_c.jpg

I still couldn’t believe how handsome they were; some of the hottest guys I’ve ever met in my life, next to Landon. And I also couldn’t believe that I was going to be spending Christmas - even Christmas EVE - dinner with this kind of eye candy displayed all around me! I began to wonder what I ever did to deserve such a gift… (I know, I'm being silly.)

Aizen was quiet and very reserved in his speaking, which didn’t happen much, only when he was addressed to. And he never instigated any conversation, though he’d gladly chime in if one of his brothers was telling a story and he was involved in it; mostly for clarification purposes.

52543218843_6754e36d9c_c.jpg

I could tell Aizen was a very private man, yet loyal, with a little bit of a gruff attitude. One that didn’t easily trust others. Perhaps due to his reasons for being a single father. I get it. It’s a hard and cruel world we live in now. All of us have our own ways of protecting ourselves from further heartache and/or disappointment. The mystery surrounding him though, I must admit, was quite alluring. I did learn that he builds homes for a living, which explains his muscular physique.

Kai was totally sweet in his demeanor and when he spoke. Instantly personable and sociable; a good listener too.

52543155930_a5411f62a7_c.jpg

Which is why when he revealed that he majored in Psychology it came as no surprise to me. For the past two years he’d been working at a counseling center as one of the head therapists and most of his clients were children. “They are my favorite clients,” he said with such sincerity. It touched my heart deeply and honestly, it was quite the turn on. How he wasn’t in a relationship already was beyond me. I dunno, but I felt like he was giving me the same ogling looks and attentiveness in return when I was talking. I hoped I wasn’t blushing too much.

Ryu was hilarious! Constantly talking and chiming in when others were, making silly comments and cracking jokes; definitely an expert at sarcasm.

52542672271_945b462541_c.jpg

It wouldn’t surprise me if he had been voted the “class clown” - or possibly the “biggest flirt” - in high school either. He had me smiling and laughing more than I had in a long time (I think my 19 year old BTS fangirl was still present) and it was quite…refreshing. Something I really needed, interestingly enough. He was still in college, just getting some general studies under his belt while still figuring out his path in life. But man how I love his zest for life. It was so inspiring and encouraging.

52543218058_4f5cf455b0_c.jpg

Amaya kept anxiously asking me a bazillion questions in between discussions which I thought was adorable, with a few more light interjections from her father.

52542671911_46c47a5407_c.jpg

I wasn’t sure why Aizen kept doing that - as if she was annoying me or something. Hardly! It’s been so long since I’ve been around, or even conversed, with a child that it was quite the welcoming change to me. I think the poor girl was just longing to talk to, and be around, another girl besides grandma. Which produced a sting in my heart at the possibility that her mother wasn’t around much, or...deceased. My curiosity there further heightened. I know it might sound bad, but I was greatly hoping it was the latter because…what kind of woman would ignore or walk out on her own child? Let alone one as lovely as Amaya? But I shook my head and reminded myself not to make assumptions or judge when I don’t know the situation.

Mr. and Mrs. Yamamoto were so much like my parents it was crazy! (And they had very similar life experiences.) No wonder the four got along so well and became fast friends.

52542210467_9211f66c57_c.jpg

Next thing I knew, mom and Mami disappeared again into the kitchen - most likely to start preparing dinner - and that’s when Ryu suggested we play a board game or two. Dad didn’t care much for board games so he kindly excused himself to help the women in the kitchen. Amaya jumped up and down while chirping, “Life, Life, Life! Pleeeeease can we play Life?”

52543154245_0209ce39f3_c.jpg

That was one of my favorite board games too. “I second that,” I said with a raised finger, shooting a wink at Amaya.
    Aizen simply shrugged his approval and Kai spoke for them both. “Alright munchkin.” I thought it was so cute that he called her that. “But sometime afterward I want an ‘Uno’ rematch with you.” He winked.
    His niece giggled while saying, “Ok.”

“I vote we play ‘Mad Gab’ after Life!” Ryu chimed in.
    “Ooh, I forgot about that game!” I expressed.
    “I’ll pass on that one…,” Aizen frankly said, while picking at a snagged thread on his jeans.
    Did he have to be so ill-tempered? I thought. It’s Christmas for crying out loud!
    “As long as we play at least one round of ‘Boggle,’” Hoshi suggested with a smile. “That one is my favorite.”

I was able to give Aizen a little grace from my previous thought as I watched him sweetly interact with Amaya during the game of Life.

52542407167_6e41649877_c.jpg

Near the end, he tickled his daughter silly while making playful grumbling noises in her ear as her car full of kids barely put her ahead of him in the final tallies, winning the game.
    “You little stinker!”
    “I’m not a stinker, I’m a winner! Ahh! Quit tickling me!”
    It was adorable and I was happy to see the person inside come outside of his tough outer shell.

I wasn’t sure what exactly was cooking in the kitchen, but boy could I smell it. And oh how delicious it smelled. It made my tummy rumble a little and my mouth salivated. There was a hint of a fir tree scent mixed in with it. I didn’t know if someone lit a candle or if it was just my imagination with all the festive decorations surrounding me. It was a beautiful mix of Japanese and American style decor.

Playing Mad Gab was a hoot! Ryu and I playfully slapped at each other many times amidst our roaring laughter.

52542209727_81d3260f75_c.jpg

There was one point where my hand and Kai’s touched for a brief moment while picking up a new card, creating blushed glances. (I thought I could see Hoshi smirking through the corner of my eye).

52542670751_6241a13894_c.jpg

Aizen was really missing out. I think he got up to use the bathroom and then returned to the couch doing something on his phone that captured his interest much more. To each their own. Amaya’s giggles in the background were contagious.

It was during our second round of Boggle that I took notice of the setting sun’s rays peeking through the frosted window. It’s sunset already!? I exclaimed in my mind, glancing at my watch. 5:26. Wow. What a day! I couldn’t remember the last time a day went by so fast. I had SO much fun! Surprisingly enough, Landon was right…

I had to call him later and tell him all about it!

Next thing I knew Christmas Eve dinner was ready. But before that, we cleaned up the games and moved some of the furniture out of the way so that my dad and Hoshi (Aizen and Kai joined in eventually) could set up the big folding table and chairs. The Yamamoto’s kitchen was too small to hold us all and they didn’t have a proper dining room. Didn’t bother any of us in the least. I helped set the table along with Ryu and Amaya.
    “Do you wanna help me pick out the decorations for the table, Malai?” the sweet girl asked.
    “I’d love to!”

52543216528_3a510baf9b_c.jpg

That was when Ryu’s cell phone rang. The ringtone was a bit from “Party Rock Anthem.” There’s a song I haven’t heard in a few years, I thought, the corners of my mouth turning up. Of course that song would be his ringtone. It was very fitting to his personality and apparent lifestyle. He kindly excused himself and answered the call in the other room.

When dinner was ready and we all sat ourselves down at the table, one person was still missing.

“RYU!” Hoshi called in a very commanding voice. “DINNER!” Then he turned his gaze toward me and my parents. “My apologies…”
    We kindly dismissed it.

52543153350_6b70641ebe_c.jpg

“Sorry, sorry, so sorry!” Ryu babbled, entering the room while tucking his phone away and skittering around the table towards his seat. “That was Tara; I had to answer it.” He plopped his bottom down on the chair and pulled it forward.
    Tara? I thought with curiosity.

“Oh how nice,” Mami chimed. “What did she have to say?”
    “Her boss made her work today so she said she’ll get here as quickly as she can tomorrow.”
    “Wonderful!”
    “It will be very nice to meet her,” Hoshi added.
    Then Ryu gave my mom a timid glance. “You, uh, don’t mind if one more person joins us for Christmas dinner do you Mrs. Reataza?”

52542208927_1bc6645c79_c.jpg

“Not at all,” my mother assured with a dismissive wave. “The more the merrier.” She was too sweet.
    “Thanks!”

I couldn’t help asking.

“So…who’s Tara again?”

All eyes darted towards Ryu, particularly his brothers with intentionally raised eyebrows.

“My girlfriend,” he promptly answered to the group, but then turned his gaze towards me with a nervous look in his eye. “Did I not mention her?”
    No…, Kai lipped next to him, holding the “o” shape of his mouth.
    Aizen shook his lowered head, but raised it with a hand gripping his lips. I think to hide a grin or stifle a chuckle.
    My eyes must’ve answered Ryu within the sudden air of awkwardness between us.

“Sorry. I could’ve sworn I mentioned her…,” he concluded.

52542669826_cc4d953721_c.jpg

“...No worries,” I quickly remedied with a smile. “I think it’s great that she’ll be joining us tomorrow. I look forward to meeting her too.” And I meant it.

52542669571_d1d4a6a7c5_c.jpg

That seemed to satisfy everyone.

As we all lowered our heads to give thanks for the meal and the season, I slowly released a sigh.

There I was being all giddy and flirting around with Ryu during the games - with his dad and brothers watching - while he casually flirted back, clearly under the impression that I knew he was a taken guy.

I kind of felt like a fool, but it was ok. Not my fault. It’s all good, Malai.

I was just ready to eat!

I sighed again.

52542208142_890f2e5ec3_c.jpg

❄❄❄

A/N: Forgive the Monopoly game at the table instead of the game of Life, it was all I had to work with. I could've changed it to Monopoly in the story, but I think most people - and kids - prefer Life better. ;) The money looks the same though... :lol:
    Did y'all like the item I used to represent the Mad Gab box? :joy:

The pronunciations for the brother's names (especially for Aizen) are as follows:

Aizen: [eye-zen]
    Kai: [kai :lol: ]
    Ryu: [ree-oo]

I will be sharing a couple of outtakes from this chapter later. 👍🏻

Hope you enjoyed! Especially in getting to see the "three kings." :smirk:<3

***Chapter 3 will be posted December 7th***
    edited December 2022
    @emorrill

Speaking of gorgeous, I love this shot. :D
    52542970089_140bbe7167_c.jpg
    edited December 2022
    You can see in these pics the new house I found for them. I also did the basement trick and put their cars underground since a 20x20 lot left little room for a garage or carport.

Now, may I have your attention please, ladies and gentlemen, we have a wish for woohoo B)

52544171060_81f07f828d_c.jpg

Lotta was reading a trashy romance novel, which made her pulse race and her body flushed. <3 But alas, no wish from Mark yet, and they're not married, so this wish will remain unfulfilled for now. I'm such a bad creator. >:)

Instead, Lotta invited Mark out into the crisp fall air and they watched the stars and meteor showers, until she got her feelings under control. She was very thankful to this man who brought her back from the dead, and she was falling seriously in love with him. Did he feel the same?

52543979534_768c431f0b_c.jpg

The next evening, I think it was Saturday night, Mark and Lotta went to the dance club. I don't know exactly when Lotta died, but for her, it seemed like forever since she had been dancing. She hurriedly ran out onto the floor and kicked up her heels, before Mark had a chance to stop her.

52543979414_b0dbb5b519_c.jpg

The next song, they turned their attention to each other and danced together. Mark felt like the luckiest man in the world that this recently un-deceased beautiful woman was interested in him, and paying him a lot of attention. He hoped it wasn't just because he "rescued" her from death.

52543224262_e58ec27bbc_c.jpg

I'll save the next pics for later..... I wish I was a better story-teller. Sometimes I feel like I'm just writing captions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top