Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    edited October 2022
    Of course, having to remake all my characters; the JAG ones will have to wait a bit before I tackle them. But of course, I had to make my RL wife as how she is today; still as beautiful as ever. :)
    SJfKIQ6.jpg
    And yes, I used the "River McIrish" sim as a base...you see she's not that far off my real-life wife. <3.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SPPNZSPPNZ Posts: 11 New Member
    >

> @KHarpool said:
    > One of my sims caught on fire whilst making a grilled cheese. Luckily for him, he ran and doused himself by jumping in the pool!

> mine had fire issues too. only the stove went up in flames this time, while making pancakes
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I decided to put links to my Forsythe Legacy Family Challenge blog on the Creative Corner forums.

The ones I had already published at the time are grouped by generation, each generation having separate posts. Any blog posts I create after that will have their own post.

The subject title is "The Legacy Report". Or if you prefer, the link to my blog is listed in my signature.

My 9th-generation heir is three days from becoming a young adult (on Tuesday) and his future romantic interest (I'm working on it) is one day behind him. In my most recent post to date, Jacob is five days away from his birthday, which means I have two and a half days of game time yet to publish.

I can't believe I am so close to completing the challenge! I literally have about two weeks of game time left before generation ten is born.

Here is a hint of what is yet to come for Zhan and Karen:
    c4e74b_29de2d472d334dc5a132f745bed609ad~mv2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Seriously "missing" my JAG sims, but they're going to take some time to get back. This time when I try to make them, this time I'm striving for facial accuracy. Not only do I have to make them - if I can't find the assets to make their uniforms, it's not going to be what it was.
    p184065_b_v8_aa.jpg
    2086_mid.jpg
    I'm hoping to make them look as close to the actors that portrayed them as I can.

What I used to have.

Harmon Rabb Jr.
    0jtfW5R.jpg

Sarah "Mac" Mackenzie
    6nvttlK.jpg

Meg Austin
    LhIigHz.jpg

The uniforms...(which I made myself).

Screenshot-49.jpg

Screenshot-67.jpg

Screenshot-162.jpg
    They were fun to play with... mainly because I didn't like the NCIS Los Angeles story-line much.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Who knew rebooting my legacy was going to be this "painful". Just to put in a hospital for one or two labour scenes with Fiona McIrish and her new infant "River"? Are you effin' kidding me? THEN there's the poses I have to hunt down (I think Poses by Bee has some) Oops, almost forgot to track down a "hospital gown" - found it. https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:21751
    aV1Et23.png
    And 100% of these downloads are zipped so I'm playing Lotto 6/49 to try to figure out if I'm going to get packages or sims3packs as a result. Thank goodness for Adventureland (unpopulated Sunset Valley) to run these scenes in like a "movie set".

Don't you love Sims 3? Where else can you find visual "actors" for free (or at least the cost of the game). Much cheaper than hiring real actors. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    ...and so it reboots again... (The Chikamori Selfacy)

Amidst the chaos of creation...this is kind of like a prologue to a prologue prior to River's arrival on the planet (Yay, you get a "story" before the real Legacy really starts. ~evil smirk~ This is a setup to give you an idea of where we're at before we start the story off.

This time around, Torao and Haruo are roughly the same age (Haruo is one year older than Torao). Phil, Micky, Troy and Noel will play a bit in this pre-story as well. Hey, after all, there's play dates...and they all go to school together.
    ==================================================
    "In a Little Town called Sunset Valley"
    ETi6K7T.jpg
    8PHDH32.jpg
    "I think, house work very well, how ‘bout you?"
    Bh4bIVo.jpg
    "Yasubo..." Mayumi replied as she looked over at Satoshi with a malicious glare. "The price may be right, but there's only three bedrooms. what happens when the boys are older. You...people are probably going to have to move out." she looked over at Helena who tried not to shudder at the evil witch who was just gloating in the emotional and mental trauma that she could inflict on those around her. "...have you thought about the fact that if my mother wants to come over to the house and look after the boys...then what then? What are we going to do with these two taking up the two spare bedrooms...Yasubo...are you even listening to me?” Yasunobu Chikamori was too busy checking out the rhododendrons that were lining the front of the house. It was what had drawn Yasunobu to Asilomar in the first place. He could enjoy himself doing what he loved which was gardening, partly to get away from the shrew that was harping at him.
    qoYy8I8.jpg
    Meanwhile Torao and Haruo, one year apart were just sitting happily on the ground looking around at each other – each were in the midst of being taught how to talk. Both by Mayumi who didn’t have a patient bone in her body for those she thought were her lessers and by Helena Griesen, Satoshi’s girlfriend and mother of Torao, who Mayumi derisively said wasn’t a pure-blood Japanese and expected that Helena would agree to send the little konketsuji would be sent to juku to at least have some knowledge of how to speak fluent Japanese and maybe he could somehow pass for being literate rather than being thought of as 🐸🐸🐸🐸. (author’s note: back during the 70s, there was no political correctness, we called a spade a spade. So since this is set in the 70s – that’s the way I’m going to approach it)
    LWhkFjJ.jpg
    "We expand house." was Yasunobu's simple explanation.

"How are we going to do that. You're making $13.00 an hour at your glass-cutting job; and the boss isn't about to give you a raise." Mayumi's eyebrows raised in frustration.

"We get loan from bank. My credit good. I talk to bank manager and see..."
    JOMyPWq.jpg
    "...and what...put house up for collateral. Yasubo, are you even thinking this through?" Mayumi rolled her eyes. She hadn’t wanted kids. But of course, the guilt trip laid on her by her brothers about giving Dad a grandchild before he died had ended up following through, as it was she figured her Dad probably wasn’t going to see the outside of 1972. Hopefully the kid wasn’t an idiot but she wasn’t going to hold her breath – what had she had to give up in terms of the life she wanted just so that she could make someone else happy. What did she get out of the whole deal except for more onerous tasks outside of the teaching job she had raising other people’s spawn, teaching them how to read, write and do arithmetic. She looked over at Satoshi, who was eyeing her warily, “Do you two share a brain or something? Take turns? Have you got it right now?”
    Epn4Yhd.jpg
    She continued on her rant while Satoshi and Helena rolled their eyes so hard they could probably see the back of the insides of their skulls. “If it wasn’t for Yasubo trying to help his co-worker and his tart out...we’d have an extra room. I swear, money doesn’t grow on trees. And you two don’t have a lick of common sense between the two of you. You too, Helena. Maybe you should get a job!”
    bfq6iLL.jpg
    Fiona was evidently counting how many insults Mayumi could spawn in ten minutes. Evidently she was going to break the record.

(to be continued)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited October 2022
    @Sprottenham Great job on the church! Looks very medieval and realistic.

@Nikkei_Simmer your baby simself is adorable. Look at those cheeks! Sorting out CC is a pain in the rear. I don't envy you at all. I'm sort of in the same situation. Those JAG sims look great!

@Sims4MagicalTales Your family looks great! I have 'the beginnings' of a story being set in Dragon Valley. I haven't really figured out just how to approach it, however, whether to post it here or on a blog. I've always had a soft spot for Dragon Valley, as I am a s.u.c.k.e.r. for medieval stuff.

52NpffR.jpg

100 O'Connell Heights, Dragon Valley
    Mid-Summer

The O'Connell family has been leading the town since Seamus' great-great grandfather Captain O'Connell landed here and helped the citizens tame the dragons.
    The family consisted of Seamus and his wife Shauna, their oldest daughter Morida, and twin boys called Aiden and Brien.

x3cSUO3.jpg

Now Seamus and Shauna were thinking about continuing their legacy. And as the ruling family in Dragon Valley, the biggest tool they had in consolidating their power, was their unmarried daughter Morida. Unfortunately Morida was not even considering marriage. She was more interested in athletic pursuits than she was in legacy building.

E8YqKBi.jpg

She spent her days tending to the chickens...

wmVWD9V.jpg

...or practicing her archery in the backyard.

RkPV9Jg.jpg

One day at breakfast, her mother confronted her about it. "Haven't you at least considered a spouse?" Shauna asked in-between bites of pancakes.
    "Mother, I'm not ready."

IkswsHq.jpg

Shauna's mouth flew open in disbelief. "What do you think I've been doing all this time, Morida? I've been preparing you for just this moment. And now it is here."
    "What moment?" Morida replied, only half-listening.
    "The moment of your betrothal!"
    "Pardon me, mother," Morida retorted, "but I cannot imagine myself married off to someone I don't even know."
    Muttered Shauna to herself, what am I going to do with you?

Cb1AMYz.jpg

Morida disappeared towards the chicken coop and confided in the fowl rustling their feathers. "I think she's daft!" Morida shouted. "She honestly believes she's going to marry me off to some rich lord. She's mistaken!"

MJlJ8rX.jpg

Seamus had a gathering in the great room. He invited a violinist and installed a dance floor. Unbeknownst to both Shauna and Morida, he'd invited Lord Edward, who had just moved to Dragon Valley after the death of his wife. A widower, Edward was the father of a daughter called Alice.

dNtW1Ng.jpg

Shauna did the honors and introduced Morida to Lord Edward.

OymIGn6.jpg

"Very pleased to meet you, milady," whispered Lord Edward.

gRLyVVP.jpg

As Shauna left them alone to chat, Morida and Edward made small talk.

YgI4ytx.jpg

After the party, Seamus and Shauna had a few moments alone.

AygYIgs.jpg

One thing led to another...

YlOAQTM.jpg

...and ended up in a quick woohoo upstairs.

q05hb19.jpg

The next morning, Shauna discovered she was pregnant.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,139 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the reply comments. <3 Enjoy the Batman game. :mrgreen:

@Nikkei_Simmer & @venusdemilosims & @texansky I enjoyed all your posts. :)

@GraceyManor Goodness! :flushed: I'm so glad you're ok! That would've freaked the living daylights out of me too! <3

I was just telling myself today - while getting all my chores and errands done - that I need to get crackin' on my Christmas story cause it's past Oct 1st! That's generally when I like to get started with it so that I have 2 full months to complete it before debuting it on Dec 1st. I'm gonna do my best to make it all happen and come together. :star:

In the meantime, I have some more pics of Sexy Hank and Sexy Hunk for y'all. :smirk::p

It would seem that Hank prefers a more carb-filled breakfast compared to Sexy Hunk's preferred protein-filled breakfast. :lol:
    (And apparently Hank likes it with a glass of wine too! :joy: )

52394286447_7285ca4702_c.jpg

After workout shower pic. :love:

52395227445_4ce1698b35_c.jpg

His sexiness turns to adorableness while he's napping. :blush:

52395294863_5e68ef803d_c.jpg

Back to Sexy Hunk in the world of Hylewood...

I had him test out the Festival Lot activities once they showed up. It was entertaining watching him learn to skate. :lol:<3

52395084349_367601c72c_c.jpg

Hi gorgeous. :love:

52395225500_d4e6ceb191_c.jpg

"Wooooaaahhh!"

52395085289_8c396264f6_c.jpg

He's driving a pretty blue Toyota these days. :blush:

52395293963_ab91777be7_c.jpg

Back at home...

...he took to the chin up bar. It's funny, but with how ripped he is, you'd think he wouldn't struggle so badly at it. :p

52394784941_3e6fe47abf_c.jpg

52394785091_5b24b600ec_c.jpg
    (I might've maxed out his athletic skill after this because it only made sense. ;) )

Apparently he felt like some "brain enhancement" was in order. :lol: I guess since he's mastered the art of the perfect body. :love: Hee hee! ;)

52395226730_420d3fa805_c.jpg

Emerging from the machine like:

52395226860_3aa1848353_c.jpg

52394285882_05b1436cb9_c.jpg

<3<3<3

Anyhoo,

I did a bit more work in Hylewood to prepare it for my upcoming Christmas story. :)

The world has very small lots...most are smaller than 20x20 :grimace: so I had to look for some cute homes that were built on 10x10 lots because I'm too lazy to build. :lol:

Here's a look at the growing neighborhood:

52395084684_25166bb67e_c.jpg

I also added a Hospital. I used the one from Supernatural because it fit the look of the world best imo. :star: The sun happened to be starting to set when I completed the lot so of course I had to capture a picture. :blush:

52395292598_a64ab5ee3d_c.jpg

City Hall will be next. 👍

But yeah, Hylewood is starting to look more and more like the town I want it be. :blush:

That's it from me for now. Hope y'all are doing well and keep the posts coming. :) Happy Simming! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @venusdemilosims - Thank you. I had RL pictures of when I was young, but they got lost somewhere along the line in several moves - but any-how... Haruo is the little one in green t-shirt with jet-black hair right beside his dad, Yasunobu; Torao's the one with a crewcut. :D Mom's simself (Mayumi) - ugh...I've written her so close to real-life that it could be counted as libellous if she hadn't behaved the way she had in real life. She didn't have a shred of respect for anyone. And of course, Dad...well, he's pretty much the way he was in real life too, Satoshi and Torao never really existed in real life, they're just thrown in for added comedic relief in what would be a rather dour story (until we get to the point where River steps into the picture (she's not even born yet in this... I'm putting her birthdate as March ??, 1972 which would make River two years younger than Haruo ) so yes, he's older, and when he graduates a full two years ahead of River, he's getting sent to University before she does. :lol: I may actually even have Mayumi survive in this one...until such time I deem worthwhile to bump her off (if I do).

Like I said before in another post, I'm wondering if I should make their road a bit rockier than the last time (which was so smooth it was like porcelain - together from childhood, all the way straight through to university...and would have followed into marriage if I hadn't lost the save (dang HDD).

And well, kids despise younger kids - they tend to think of them as irritating hangers-on, which would make for some interesting interactions with River wanting to play and Haruo thinking of her as an irritating kid who just happens to live in his house because his dad was helping the now absconding Caeden McIrish. There's a lot of ways I could go with this re-write. But alas, River isn't even born yet here at this stage. ;)

In this image of my game-screen, you can see how the ages stack up with Yasunobu as the oldest...Caeden right after him...
    vf2xf6z.jpg

@emorrill - looks like "Sexy" Hunk is have a fun time in Hylewood. Learning how to roller-skate is always fun to watch. I know I went once to a roller-skating rink...and ended up spending most of my time on my gluteous maximus.

Nice 2012 Corolla. :D Fav Color too. I used to remember Corollas when they looked like this: 1975_toyota_corolla_15886196063ab7bdf0d6c51IMG_5866.jpg
    That's probably quite a bit before your time. :) '75 Toyota Corolla.

They always look quite nervous before they get under the brain-scanner. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Has anyone looked into what Windows 11 would do to our SIMS 3 games? I've gotten the notice "You're okay to upgrade" but I'm not doing that unless I KNOW for sure I can play my game.

Just curious if anyone else is getting the same notification.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,805 Member
    Page 4396

@Sims4MagicalTales Sounds like an interesting story so far. I can't blame them for wiping the bully's memory.

@Nikkei_Simmer Hope you don't have to start the legacy over.
    I take it you did have to start over? I'm still behind some but saw you redid River and Haruo.
    Nice to see some new gameplay again. I know how it feels when you can't play the game anymore due to computer trouble.
    River was already a pretty Sim but she's looking a lot closer to how you had her prior now, which makes her look even better.
    Bebe's another pretty Sim. I think a lot of Sunset Valley Sims can be fixed up nicely, although some need a lot of help compared to others.
    Keep posting, it's good to have you back. Not that I didn't enjoy your reposts, just that it's nice to see new posts, knowing you can enjoy the game again.
    Nice little story with the seven Sims moving into the SV starter home. Kind of makes me want to gather up some of the SV teens and move them in together in a gameplay separate from the Goth family. Don't know that I will, but sounds kind of fun.

@Turjan Hello
    Looks like Marvin has met a few people already.

@HillyBeth Great update!

@bekkasan Nice pictures from your old save. When my old laptop was going bad, I tried to save as much as I could on a USB drive. Didn't have a lot to save on it, but it came in handy to bring my current save over. Of course, that was way back when only the first couple of generations had been born.

@Sprottenham Great update!

@lisasc360 Glad to hear about your husband. I'm still a bit behind, so am just now replying to it.

@ButterWafflesAR Great update!

@Puddinroy Hello.

***Will try to get caught up a bit more tomorrow. It's currently 9:18 pm and I'm starting to get a bit tired but want to try to get a bit more comic reading in. On the DC Comics timeline I'm following, I am reading about Flash III/Wally West. There's a whole bunch of history I'd have to explain to give the full story, but he was the second Flash's nephew by marriage, and he was also that Flash's sidekick, Kid Flash. He became the Flash when Barry sacrificed himself during Crisis on Infinite Earths. That was in the 1980's, but I'm currently reading issues from 1996 when he's been the Flash for a couple of years and is dating a woman named Linda Park. She knows Wally is the Flash. Anyway, that's enough from me, going to try to get some stuff done early tomorrow, do some more commenting, then hopefully play at least one Sim Day.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    ~start rant~ 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Now my effing pets are causing problems (crashes), when I try and move a newly created pet into my household. Freakin' heck, that's the SIXTH friggin' time I've had to rebuild my mods folder in the past TWO effing days!!!

If it wasn't for the fact that this game is NO LONGER supported, I'd tell them to sit down, a stack of coffees in hand and start recompiling the dammed game so that it no longer tosses up errors like this! Nobody ever mentioned that I had to be a "computer engineer" to "play this game"! ~rant over~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Hope you don't have to start the legacy over.
    I take it you did have to start over? I'm still behind some but saw you redid River and Haruo.
    Nice to see some new gameplay again. I know how it feels when you can't play the game anymore due to computer trouble.
    River was already a pretty Sim but she's looking a lot closer to how you had her prior now, which makes her look even better.
    Bebe's another pretty Sim. I think a lot of Sunset Valley Sims can be fixed up nicely, although some need a lot of help compared to others.
    Keep posting, it's good to have you back. Not that I didn't enjoy your reposts, just that it's nice to see new posts, knowing you can enjoy the game again.
    Nice little story with the seven Sims moving into the SV starter home. Kind of makes me want to gather up some of the SV teens and move them in together in a gameplay separate from the Goth family. Don't know that I will, but sounds kind of fun.

Yup... Legacy is a do-over (when I'm not trouble-shooting this game).

I decided to leave her nose alone this time around - I may use some overlays (provided I can get the game to cooperate and stop crashing when I have to deal with PETS. I've always thought River was one of the most maligned sims, just because of her nose. That's why I started playing her; that and her backstory resonated (it's like my wife's).

Bebe on the other hand is "stunningly gorgeous" no matter which way she is. Everybody goes gaga about Bella, Morgana and Jamie...but Bebe is hands down the tops in terms of looks...(especially when she ages up to young adult)...There's no two ways about it, Bebe is a stunner.

Well...I'm glad to have Tiny. For such a small machine that can fit in the palm of my hand - it's hard to believe that she has 16GBs of DDR4 RAM and a 1TB SSD under the hood. I'm maxing out the settings and the panning is butter-smooth.

I'm gonna have to re-do the JAG Sims again too as well as remake their uniforms from scratch. :( ~sigh~. It never ends.

But first of all, I'm going to deal with this confounded "crashing when I try to adopt a pet into the household thru edit town" first. Found out it's a piece of cc or a script mod that is causing the problem. So I'm going to test each and every single mod I have out first before it gets installed. Ugh. this is going to be a royal pain in the hindquarters.
    FVZiYyt.jpg
    I just want to get Haruo and River to THIS point in the game...then go from there... ~sigh~ Dang it all.

Latest Screenshot:
    owUJdKa.jpg
    Mayumi...darn you, you ugly witch!

Update on the crashing issue:

Steps to solving my Sims 3 game crashing to desktop from "Pet dog being placed in family from edit town"
    1. Removed Sims 3 folder and generated new one.
    2. Put in Errortrap, Master Controller and Overwatch - game worked fine; dogs were able to be placed in families. (also had placed in bin sims - not library)
    3. Put in MC - Integration, Cheats, and Progression - game crashed to desktop (Windows mini-update - possible cause for exiting all programs?)
    4. Putting in Story Progression as Windows may have been the culprit in the last crash. (result: did not crash)
    5. Am going to put in Skins as a test. (Crashed with both LFB Asian and Kurasoberina Primer UHD+ in - which means one of two things. The Sims that I created are now "corrupt" or the skin downloads are corrupt).
    6. Am going to try to download the two skins again and see if that has any effect. - I removed the KB UHD+ skin and it appeared as though that was the problem... because with the LFB Asian skin only - Babi (the dog) was able to be adopted in. I'm going to test it again with the KB UHD+ skin alone and see if that does anything. Which means I'm going to have to swap the skin over and make the Chikamoris white.
    7. With just the KB UHD+ skin on its own, it worked too. The Dog was able to be put into the family. I'm going to add the LFB Asian skin and switch the Chikamoris back to being Asian, then try to bring in the dog with both skins in the skin folder. If that works, then I know that the problem was the KB UHD+ skin being "corrupted" and the fresh download of that skin corrected that problem. It's either that or the KB UHD+ skin is so high-def that it creates a data processing spike that overloads the RAM to the point where it crashes the game.
    8. Did them both, switched the Chikamoris back to Asian skin and imported the dog through Edit Town - it worked this time - now I'm going along and starting to slowly put the mods back in two or three at a time (in the TEST folder).

I'm getting the mother of all headaches right now.
    MamaSimTee wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into what Windows 11 would do to our SIMS 3 games? I've gotten the notice "You're okay to upgrade" but I'm not doing that unless I KNOW for sure I can play my game.

@MamaSimTee - I've heard of some people playing Sims on Win11, but I'm not upgrading until it's absolutely necessary and I've seen a large body of people that have found that they can play Sims 3 on Win11.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,139 Member
    @venusdemilosims I'm really enjoying your Dragon Valley save. :smiley: (I love anything medieval :blush: )
    I hope you're feeling better. <3 Same with your mom.

@MamaSimTee

^I haven't gotten that notification, but in my Updates area it tells me that my computer would not support Windows 11... (Is it getting that old already?? :confounded: )
    But I am very curious as well. (And if Win 11 isn't the NIGHTMARE that Win 10 has been... :neutral: )
    I think I remember a couple of folks on here saying they have Windows 11 and Sims 3 plays just fine on it for them. So... 🤷‍♀️ Hopefully one of them will see your post and chime in. :star:
    <3

@Nikkei_Simmer Lol! I remember seeing some Corolla's looking like that back when I was a kid. ;) Mostly they looked like this for me growing up:
    1991_toyota_corolla_sedan_le_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

I'm sorry you're having so many problems playing the game on "Tiny." :cry: What an "ugh"-fest and I would be frustrated too. Especially when feeling like you got your game back and you can finally play again. {{{Hug}}}

What I would do - if you haven't already - is take to the forums on the NRaas site and see what info you can find there, or maybe even reach out to one of the guys on there, about the issues you are having and you should find the best answers for a solution. 👍 (Compared to anywhere else on the internet.)
    But yeah, I've felt this too before:
    If it wasn't for the fact that this game is NO LONGER supported, I'd tell them to sit down, a stack of coffees in hand and start recompiling the dammed game so that it no longer tosses up errors like this! Nobody ever mentioned that I had to be a "computer engineer" to "play this game"!
    Hope you can get it all figured out soon. :kissing_heart: Wish I could help, but like you I'm not very computer literate. :p Unfortunately...

I still think River looks SO much like Patricia Richardson in that picture. I mean spot on! :open_mouth: Can't help saying it again. :p
    94566-13.jpg
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited October 2022
    @emorrill My diet is more like Sexy Hank's than Sexy Hunk's, lol. Both sexies look great! Your Hylewood is coming along well, too. I love that color on that Corolla :D looks fabulous!
    My Dragon Valley save has existed pretty much since I got it, but I did lose some progress on it and had to restart from that last save :( which meant I lost a great deal of progress. It has existed pretty much at the same time as my legacy, too. Until I fix the issues I'm currently having with my legacy saves (which mostly have to do with time skips and aging issues, as in sims' ages being messed up), I'll deal with this one for now. I do have a few more more legacy updates to post at some point though.
    I'm still fighting the after-effects of covid, but I am improving slowly. Same with mom.

@MamaSimTee I've been afraid to upgrade for this reason. I have a Windows 11 installation on an external drive to test it out, but I haven't put Sims 3 or anything like that on it. My computer is apparently ineligible for the upgrade, even though it's only like 2 years old. I waited to upgrade my old machine from Windows 7 until the VERY last minute.

@texansky I've been reading on your Forsythe legacy, and it's great! Congratulations on 'almost' finishing it!

@Nikkei_Simmer I have made no fewer than 4 Simselves in the game, and I have yet to actually play any of them. One of them did make a cameo appearance in one story post years ago, but I changed her name. For some reason I could never write about my real family, mostly because it would be too far-fetched and nobody would believe it ;) Sounds like Mom 'wore the pants' in the family and Dad was a 'pushover.' Your wife's self-sim is lovely.

52NpffR.jpg

100 O'Connell Heights, Dragon Valley
    Late Summer/Early Fall

kpZxeaz.jpg

Morida wasn't the couple's only child. They had rambunctious twin boys, Aiden and Brien, and were now expecting a fourth child.

LUQw5aL.jpg

With her fourth child on the way, Shauna O'Connell sat in the makeshift nursery that had been created for the new baby by moving the twin boys into bunk beds. She'd been the daughter of a minor nobleman in what had been Crafthole, and when her father learned Seamus, the prince of Dragon Valley, had become available to wed, he jumped at the chance to marry his daughter to him.

nhLX58W.jpg

Now, soon-to-be four children later, the two were madly in love.

PvuPZaB.jpg

It became clear to Shauna that finding a suitable match for Morida would be very difficult - if not impossible. But she was determined to try, if for no other reason than to produce heirs to the throne.

ndjWMwe.jpg

While the hired butler (who has a terrible habit of disappearing) cleaned the bathtub,

4lygfc9.jpg

the poor repairwoman, who had been called in to fix the broken dishwasher, had electrocuted herself trying to fix it.

eU4Ajm7.jpg

Seamus, who had been in the pool, and the hired butler watched the Reaper harvest her away.

uEY3kPI.jpg

Morida decided she'd take a crack at fixing the broken appliance. Despite having only one skill point in handiness, she was successful.

IiYhuoh.jpg

Saturday turned out to be a big day in the O'Connell household. Not only would the boys become teenagers...

5QeWNYY.jpg

...but Morida found a green dragon outside of her job and took it home...

odxkfRh.jpg

...and Shauna was ready to give birth...

jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Karritz
    Aww, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. It was on the verge of being a cat 5.
    My area had wind speeds of 115+ mph.

That wind would be terrifying. I was out of the area when the big cyclones hit here but my relatives said the wind sounded like a freight train and the tropical rain forest got stripped of all of its leaves and most of the branches of trees on the edge of the forest. When the leaves started to grow back they came directly out of the tree trunks.

Luckily my house was well padded, I barely heard it. The 115 was sustained, but guests were like 135.
  • Options
    @emorrill - Now...the dog is in the family and now the game is crashing as a result of the family now being unable to be placed in a home. Problem is now Invalid Access to Memory Location Error. When I try to place a family with a dog in a home, it's now crashing. Just when I solved the skins/dog problem; I get another error code crash. And it was working fine before all the 60fps stuff.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Page 4397

@bekkasan Nice picture of the ghost cat!
    Enjoyed the Grim Reaper photos.

@emorrill I really hope you are doing another Christmas story. I enjoy them.
    Cool church!
    That looks like a nice house.
    Hey, you forgot to put a shirt on him. :lol:
    Lol, just noticed he's barefoot too.
    Great post!
    I like that Sims can collect flowers. I sometimes have my poor Sims do that for money.
    Great pictures!

@Nikkei_Simmer Glad Yasunobu is back. I always liked him.
    Yes, I argue with the refrigerator all the time. Totally normal behavior, Phil.
    Congrats to this version of River and Haruo!
    Boy, that house really grew.

@MamaSimTee Hello.

@Sims4MagicalTales Ragnar seems like a very bad Sim.
    Wonder if there will be any puppies?
    Uh oh, hope Jasmine can save her siblings.
    I have a feeling the cops will be kind of useless against Ragnar.
    Someone needs to take him down.
    Yay, Jasmine won!
    Congrats on the puppies!

@Turjan Great post with Marvin!

Page 4398

@Nikkei_Simmer That stinks about ff.net. I used to read a lot of fanfiction over there, and I did try to write a story a time or two but I wasn't that great at it.
    Hopefully he's not pregnant.
    Looks like things are going alright for Haruo and Molly.
    Jamie looks better after her makeover.
    Lol at Satoshi.
    Great post with the post apocalyptic story.

@GraceyManor How'd things go with the hurricane? I've got a few family members and an older couple I'm friends with that live down in Florida.

@venusdemilosims Sorry to hear about your mom, hope things get better.

@ButterWafflesAR Great post!

@Sprottenham Great post!

***Took a break from the things I need to do to do some comments, but better go back to doing what I need to before I come back.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    @Brandontaylor pretty bad.We we’re trapped for a few days because trees blocked the road.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @Brandontaylor - yeah, lost that save too. :( I need to get all the stuff that's throwing crashes straightened out in this game (one at a time). :(

Update: I think I finally got what the stinkin' problem was - That' border collie I made in CAS was bugged. That border collie was a pet my parents used to have...and gave up on because of me showing up in 1970 so I made Babi (pronounce bah-bee) and Mameda (my mother's black cat. I don't think she ever forgave me for that (having to give up her cat and border collie (but that was the "superstition" or belief back during the 70s because I was born). She should have kept them - if she had the patience to train them to be with kids. Frankly it was her choice and I'd never give up a pet. I've always kept the position that I intend to train the kids and the pets to "play nicely" with each other. And I have done so. I've never given up on a pet because of the fact that my wife and I have had human children.
    3khbivz.jpg
    Gee, Torao, what happened to you? :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options

Warning: I am going to spam this thread with comments from page 4400 and forward. I am separating them to have less than five Simmers per post so you all get notifications.

@GraceyManor
    I'm so sorry to hear that your area was hit hard and you lost so much food. I don't doubt that the experience was traumatizing. I can't even imagine going through that.

@emorrill
    Congratulations on page 4400!

Trivia: My very first comment here was in November 2015 and it landed on page 206.

Perfect timing on catching Hoshi with his eyes closed.

I really like Hoshi and Mami. They are a handsome couple. Love the short of their dinner conversation based on their thought bubbles. It made me laugh.

Love the sunset and the other screenshots of Hylewood/Maplewood Falls.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Hank. Your version is so smexy.

Sexy Hunk lives up to his name. :tongue: That hair looks great on him. Is that a store item or CC?

The second house in your neighborhood is interesting. I would never have thought to put a roof all the way to the ground like that.

Did you go into each world and add all of the commercial lots to the bin? I don't remember seeing that hospital in mine.
  • Options

The comments are mostly in the order of your posts, but occasionally I put comments together on the same topic.
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    I am really enjoying your survival story. You go into such detail and it really draws me in. Another great update (Chapter 2 Part 1).

I wasn't really able to work with GIMP either. I couldn't make heads or tails out of most of it. My go-to has always been Paint. I don't think I've ever worked in Photoshop.

If you haven't already tried downloading from the direct link, here they are. I use 1.69 because I run my game through Origin.

Galway is a gorgeous cat.

My display settings in Options are almost identical to yours. I run my game in Windowed mode and don't have Object Hiding enabled. I decided to enable mine after reading about what it does. I have a basement and three sub-basements full of stuff, so this makes a difference in my game.

Running Sims 3 with all the sliders to the right and not getting lag is great.

Glad you were finally able to download CAW. I don't like IE or Edge, but they can be useful sometimes. I personally use Chrome.

It looks like you have completed creating your cast of characters for your story. The doctor and River's dad look great. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Wow! Does the brother of Haruo look like Haruo as a toddler? I'd like to see a side-by-side.

Sorry to hear you are getting errors with CAW, pets, and other problems with the game. I hope you find a fix that works for you. What happens if you place the family and then add the pet?

Were the crashes in your game due to the creation of the brother of Haruo in your previous S&G post?

The new recreations of your other characters are great. Haruo definitely looks like his father.

Your "now" version of your wife is fantastic. she has aged well.

That's a LOT of mods!

Great Part One of the pre-prologue to The Chikamori Selfacy. Mayumi didn't waste any time starting her nagging.

I wish you wisdom and a little luck in figuring out why the game is crashing.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    @venusdemilosims
    I remember AJ and Alexandra! Congratulations on their son. I like the name Samuel for a boy. Not being pushy, just a suggestion.

Great updates on Terry and Kaydence. Apparently, the faculty also watched her show and wanted her autograph. :wink:

Babies and promoting a biography of her that she didn't know about and hadn't read? Oy vey!

I wonder if Kaydence will take the part in the movie or choose to have a baby with Terry instead.

I am also fascinated with all things medieval. I really enjoyed reading the beginning of your story. The home looks great. Did you build it?

Will she have a son or a daughter? She doesn't look big enough for multiples.

Thanks! I hope to finish it very soon. I have two more game days to prepare and publish, and I am almost finished with Sunday. I need Jacob's relationship with Tamara up and locked in before Monday as he will age up to a young adult a day before her.

I'm glad to hear that someone is reading my Forsythe legacy story.
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options

@Zhakira
    Lovely family photos of the Karl Helgason family. Love all the different poses.

@Silverofdreams30
    Sorry to hear you have been ill and glad to hear you are feeling well enough now to play an easier game.

@Sprottenham
    I love your recreation of the Fantoft Stave Church and Paradisleitet. The shots of town look great as well. Awesome job!

@BRandontaylor
    I'm glad your aunt's cancer wasn't worse. Good to hear that the doctors don't think she needs radiation or chemo.

It sounds like you are having fun playing Arkham Knight.

@MamaSimTeee
    I have a new laptop that has Windows 11 already installed on it. I haven't had any problems playing Sims 3. I have 1.69 and use Origin and the launcher. I think it may take more hard drive space than 10, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Page 4399

@Puddinroy Yeah, Batman: Arkham Knight is available on PC and several consoles. It's actually the 3rd and final installment of the Arkham series, with Arkham City and Arkham Asylum being the first two. I got a Humble Bundle deal where I got all three of those, plus Arkham Origin and a few Lego Batman games for $10.

@emorrill Nice picture of Nin.
    I'm not sure where @CravenLestat has been. I checked his page but it says he hasn't been on the forums since March. I also subscribe to his YouTube and he hasn't posted anything since about 4 months ago. Hope he is okay.
    It's been a bit since I've played, but I can't recall shadows under noses. Will have to look again.

@Karritz Congrats to Carla and James!
    Congrats to Donny and Gary too!

@Nikkei_Simmer Great post!

@ZhakiraP Nice photos of the Sunset Valley families.

Page 4400

@ZhakiraP Karl's got a huge family there.

@emorrill Looks like the shadows somewhat disappeared at least.

@Turjan Nice picture of Marvin fishing.

Page 4401

@emorrill Nice pictures of Mami and Hoshi!
    They seem like a married couple, lol
    Great post!

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm surprised the town even has a newspaper, lol
    Nice pics of the doctors.
    Same here, I'm hoping she stays healthy.

@GraceyManor So glad you are okay. Everything that was damaged can be replaced, but you can not. It sounded like it got pretty intense.

@venusdemilosims Great post!

***Will get the last page of comments finished at some point.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top