Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited August 2022
    Great updates, I have been working on the next update of my story today,
    not done yet.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    @lisasc360 I sometimes get that error 'a serious error has occurred'. I get it in my multi world games when I m sending sims to another world. So far ive fixed it every time by getting the nhd file from a previous save of that game and using that file to replace the broken one in the currend save. Sometimes I have to go back a few saves to get a non corrupt version of the nhd. I look at the file size of the nhd files to find when it got corrupted. The file size shouldn't change in a world that is not being played. The nhd file contains the neighborhood and is where all of the sims in that world are saved.

@Karritz, Okay, I'd tried one of the saves with what you said and it worked. YAY!!! So now I will try with the rest of them. Sadly some of the backup saves are also empty and I don't have other saves that I can go back to but I will do what I can for the others. So thank you for telling me that as I didn't see anything about the nhd files when reading about the meta.data files... :smiley:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @lisasc360 I sometimes get that error 'a serious error has occurred'. I get it in my multi world games when I m sending sims to another world. So far ive fixed it every time by getting the nhd file from a previous save of that game and using that file to replace the broken one in the currend save. Sometimes I have to go back a few saves to get a non corrupt version of the nhd. I look at the file size of the nhd files to find when it got corrupted. The file size shouldn't change in a world that is not being played. The nhd file contains the neighborhood and is where all of the sims in that world are saved.

@Karritz, Okay, I'd tried one of the saves with what you said and it worked. YAY!!! So now I will try with the rest of them. Sadly some of the backup saves are also empty and I don't have other saves that I can go back to but I will do what I can for the others. So thank you for telling me that as I didn't see anything about the nhd files when reading about the meta.data files... :smiley:

I'm glad it helped you. I wasn't sure it would but thought it was worth a try.
  • Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Astro oh wow, RIP Myra, what a sad update, poor Calvin had to leave his vacation. Hmm, I wonder what secret she was carrying with her to the grave? And where did he end up going? The suspense!

@lisasc360 glad @Karritz helped you fix your game!

Opened my game for the first time in a week, only to take more wedding photos. I'm also in search of a suitable wedding venue for Oasis Landing.

vVZeb8L.jpg

kxf1Zpa.jpg

gnslr44q0717.jpg

The necklace in this photo is a Sims 4 conversion from Deniisu's Simblr.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Tidying up my dA galleries, as I had just been gifted a Core Membership (My dA is my main hub)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey friends. <3

I've enjoyed all your updates and comments to me. :blush: It's been a crazy week with school starting - my daughter just entered Middle School - and going back to waking up as early as we have to for it has been a real struggle. :confounded: (Cause I'm a total night owl. :p ) But she got through her first week pretty well and we are very proud of her. :star: It's true when people tell you to enjoy every moment and milestone with your kids because they do indeed grow up FAST! I mean, how in the hey do I have a kid in middle school now!? :flushed: It sure makes me feel old when I am SO not old! :p

Anyhoo, I've still been playing around testing new cc/mods for my awesome new main game folder :mrgreen: and also removing old cc that I've just lost interest in. 👍 I've taken a few pictures along the way and wanted to share them with y'all. :)

So remember my search for the perfect top to go with the unicorn skirt? ;) Well my dear friend @bekkasan reminded me of a very pretty, lacy cc shirt (that I asked @Emily4331 to remove from an outfit and turn into a standalone shirt) which might be a nice match and I was like :open_mouth: WHY did I not even think to try that one!? (Something I already had even, so I really didn't have to go cc hunting! :lol: )

And that's just what I did. :blush:

The lacy top totally compliments the skirt well! :star: (Of course because bekkasan has great fashion sense. 👍 )

SO pretty!

best-setup-1.jpg

best-setup-2.jpg

Since the unicorn skirt can't be made as white as I made the top, I went ahead and made the top a little greyer. Now it's turned into an even more lovely combination! <3

best-setup-3.jpg

Darn near perfection! :mrgreen:

Unless... :smirk:

I decided to play around with colors - going away from the traditional wedding dress route - and...oh my goodness I think I am in LOVE! :love:

best-setup-4.jpg

200.gif
    ^It was yesterday, Friday, when I threw this post together, but forgot to send it off. :grimace::lol:

Needless to say I saved those color options. :blush:

Well now Hank, are you finally liking the idea of marriage? :lol::p (He's really been cracking me up with his thought bubbles lately.)

Funny-Hank.jpg

Speaking of Hank, I was trying out some more cc eyes I found on him and I couldn't help snapping this "suave" picture of him during my observance... :smirk:

Screenshot-4.jpg

and then snapping a funny one! :lol:

Screenshot-5.jpg

^It was too dark in the shadows to properly see the coloring in the eyes so I sent him over to the sunlight and he really perked up. :grin:

I was also trying out some new lighting mods. :) (I hope I got the pictures right for the two because I can't remember now which was which! :grimace: )

I loved almost everything about Nilxis' "Uranesia" lighting mod. :star:<3

Screenshot.jpg

I mean just look at this sunset...

Screenshot-25.jpg

...and the many colors that appeared on the ripples in the water the further the sun was setting. :love:

Screenshot-26.jpg
    (The pictures don't do it justice compared to how it looked on my monitor. Just sayin'. ;) )

**Blissful sigh** Reminds me of when hubby and I were in the Philippines...

Screenshot-27.jpg

I wanted to see how nighttime looked with the mod:

Screenshot-29.jpg

It was breathtaking once all the stars came out! :love:

Screenshot-30.jpg

Buuuuuuutt.......

The shadows were just too darn dark for my tastes. :cry: (Overall the whole mod has a darker ambiance) I need to be able to see my sims lovely faces when they are outside, especially for picture taking.

dark-shadows-ugh-1.jpg

I certainly appreciate the realism in the dark shadows 👍 , but yeah...not good for taking pictures, especially for storytelling. So *sigh* I took it out and replaced it with another one I have been meaning to look at for a while. Who knows, Uranesia might work better in another world besides SV. I need to try that out sometime. :)

Anyhoo, the next lighting mod I looked at was PotatoBallad's "Clear & Bright Weather"

The colors in the world from this mod are a little less striking than Uranesia's, but it's still pretty. And there's more light and the shadows aren't nearly as dark. :p
    (No offense to those of you who love the dark shadows... @Astro ;);) )

Screenshot-24.jpg

The different colors that lit up the sky at sunset were also very pretty.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Hello lighthouse. <3

Screenshot-17.jpg

Screenshot-19.jpg

Hey moon. :blush:

Screenshot-22.jpg

I might keep this one in for a while. 👍

Lastly, this adorable stray kitty was meowing like crazy on the Wan-Goddard's front porch just as the sun was rising. :blush: It's got such pretty markings.

Screenshot-31.jpg

Stripes are my favorite markings on cats, as well as the Calico look. <3

What was even more cute was a stray dog showed up as well and he and the kitty began interacting, making all sorts of adorable noises. :lol: I forgot to snap a picture of that (cause I was checking out other parts of the scenery).

Anyway, that's it for emorrill's random "testing out mods" gameplay. :mrgreen: Hope y'all enjoyed!

Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I'm glad it helped you. I wasn't sure it would but thought it was worth a try.

Thank you again @Karritz... :) I finally went through and did the same thing with the other saves with the exceptions of the ones that didn't have anything in their backup file which is okay as I can go into one my Moonlight Falls save and switch households to make my Frankenstein save as that is one that doesn't have the backup info. Now I just need to go through my saves to make sure that I can save them as some of them are getting the error 16 code which then I can just make sure that I copy the house with the household to the library and delete the old save and make a new one. But the strange thing is that I'm getting this on some of my saves that I haven't really played on as one of them is just a save where I had built my childhood family home in which is just weird.

But I just knew that if I posted my issue over in this thread that someone would know the answer to the problem.

Thank you @venusdemilosims... :)
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Well, today I am starting a legacy. It's about this girl (Natasha) is stranded on a island. I wrote about it on my new blog! I hope to do a full legacy with her! We will see what happens!
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me which EP/SP this sink came from? Thank you in advance! I'm asking because I once had it in the game and now it's not there. I know that it wasn't a CC item and I can't find it in the Sims 3 store so it's got to an item from one of the packs but which one, I don't know as I want it back. And I guess if I can't find it, I might just have to uninstall my game and reinstall everything back in which is the last thing that I want to do... :(
    FMLTNHEh.jpg
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Update on previously shared storyline:
    [The criminals in Sunset Valley robbed the city bank but caught by the police]
    Today the trial started. Claire Ursine and Beau Andrews were in court.
    Xander Clavell got away even he was part of the robbery plans (he intends to move to Bridgeport soon).
    Vita Alto is the judge. And Tori Kimura is the prosecutor.
    I even got a cute stenographer :smile: Candy Ashlydale (Sunset Valley towny, originally the babysitter but she is already a YA in my game and recently was fired from teaching career).
    For the lot I used CC replacement of the city hall and redesigned one of the spaces inside the building to look like a court, as much as I could.
    Will try to upload pics in the coming days.
    As far as the story-
    Clair and Beau (the defendants) testified.
    Pablo Martinez who managed the police operation also spoke about the evidence. And Aisha who was undercover also testified.
    I guess I will play a little more for some screenshots and then they will be sent to Prison in Bridgeport...

To be continued.

--
    Notes-
    I played today's session not in my actual save but in a test save, because I wanted to build the room first and didn't want to do it on my big save which is heavy and could get stuck... so I have some nice screenshots and I will recreate and continue the stort on the actual save.

@bekkasan @Venusdemilosims thank you for your comments!

@Astro Nice pictures! I don't know if it's a lighting mod or CC skins but everything looks very realistic.
    @Emorill Lovely skirt! I like what you did with the top.

Update from my games:
    (Still havn't had the chance to upload pictures)
    So the trial continued. Day 1, day 2... (more screenshots for me...)
    The verdict was that Claire and Beau will be sent to prison. Naturally they were very upset, Victoria who came to court to support her husband (and not as a reporter) was very sad.
    Pablo congratulated Tori on the results.
    Everyone was sent home and there was a press conference near city hall, Vita and Tori answered questions.
    The next days there was still the issue of Claire's daughter, Octavia. Where would she be when Claire is away.
    So there was another small meeting in the presence of Jake Roland (description from wikia: pre-made social worker in Sunset Valley. He comes to take away neglected children from their parents.), Tori as the lawyer, Claire, and Blair as the police represtative since Claire should be supervised. Also, Blair found Octavia near the bank at the night of the robbery, so the social worker also wanted her opinion about the child.
    Claire was very upset with the whole situation. But eventually became friends with the social worker and trusted him, But she yelled at Tori on the other hand, and accused her of being Ilama.

{Side note- as much as I tend to play realistic stories, it's not always 100% loyal to how things done but that's what nice about the game with its own logic.}

Claire and Blair went home to Ursine household.
    Blaire spoke with Octavia, she will miss her.
    In the meantime Christian, Claire's older daughter sneaked out of the house to meet her boyfriend, VJ Alvi. They hanged out at the criminal lot and both decided to quit their jobs and join criminal careers. They also plan on run away from Sunset Valley together. In the meantime they moved in together to the abandoned house with the swamp.

To be continued.... Hopefully with pics next time... It's just taking me forever to pick and upload....
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @emorrill That dark navy blue is absolutely striking! I love those eyes on Hank, they look almost anime-ish. And that picture of the sunset does remind me of a tropical sunset I once saw ...

@lisasc360 I wish I could be more helpful but I can't.

@Avatarit Of course Christian would hook up with VJ. It would make sense she would follow in her mom's footsteps. In one of my saves VJ's granddaughter married into my family.

My schedule unexpectedly cleared this morning as my doctors appointment got postponed...which means later in the week is going to be a gigantic squeeze, so I might as well post this now.

mzuVApb.jpg

Terry and Kaydence drove back into Starlight Shores to officially begin wedding preparations. Today was the first day of the rest of their lives.

lZ9oUZ3.jpg

"Hey, how's that screenplay going?" Terry asked his longtime girlfriend and soon-to-be wife, a member of the Jolina-Plumb clan from Sunset Valley.
    "It's much harder than I thought it would be, going from novel to play, figuring out exactly what I want Astra to do and how I want Astra to do it without, you know, giving too much away."
    "You know people are going to figure out that you and Astra are the same person, right?"
    Kaydence exhaled deeply. "That's what I'm afraid of."

OLOh1cz.jpg

"I can't wait to get this wedding over with. I never thought so much went into it. The thought, the planning -"
    Terry agreed. "You and me both."

GuWr1Gg.jpg

Meanwhile, family members began arriving in Starlight Shores in earnest in preparation for the trip to Oasis Landing for the ceremony. Even T4$H4 had caught wedding fever when she spoke to her creator, Kaydence, on her HoloPhone.

Sebastian had rented a guest house in town and thrown a party, which was attended by quite a few Starlight Shores denizens.

C8p7j0K.jpg

Kaydence spent some time catching up with her father...

aPvxygH.jpg

WMGmcrS.jpg

and ... getting his autograph??? Seriously, this game is weird sometimes. Why would she need to get an autograph from her own dad?

BNjzA7r.jpg

ONNWnKB.jpg

LkYw1J8.jpg

But most of the time, Kaydence behaved very much like the 4-star celebrity she was, getting mobbed for autographs from other guests at the party. The former star of television's 'As the Sims Turn' and author of two best-selling books is apparently only just getting started. The only celebrity bigger than she was at this party was indeed her father, the 5-star celebrity Sebastian Jolina-Plumb, superstar actor.

0lp1TKM.jpg

Speaking of Sebastian, when the television invariably broke during the party, he whipped out his trusty guitar.

pSPMuyp.jpg

Standing in a corner, little Jazz Lyric seemed to like his dad's music.

22gGLkL.jpg

Plumbot T4$H4, which had been upgraded recently by her creator, promptly repaired the television, and the merriment continued well into the night.

1G27Eg7.jpg

The next day there was a Simfest occurring during the Fall Festival at Verde Park. The whole family decided to go. Kaydence participated in the Hot Dog Eating contest.

P0QK5sT.jpg

She didn't win. She's 0 for 2 in these, lol.

xf98DKo.jpg

While that was going on, Jazz Lyric went inside the Haunted House...and promptly was temporarily turned into a ghost! Yes he is a Jolina-Plumb, and he has now officially been initiated.

59sA5nV.jpg

While under the ghost spell, he participated in and won an apple bobbing contest.

u427y9G.jpg

Jazz was photographed as he was transitioning back to normal.

Mdpuh2r.jpg

Cherise sang "Oogie Woogie" for the Simfest. It was her first time singing outside of Sunset Valley.

mpmwp9S.jpg

While Cherise was singing, Sebastian posed for pictures.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    E1G91K9.jpg

Ever since Kaydence Jolina-Plumb announced her engagement, there was one person who was conspicuously absent from her wedding preparations - her biological mother, vocal legend and pop superstar Madison Brooke Westley, better known by her stage name, "Madison Avenue." For years, the pair had a strained relationship following their separation caused by a bitter custody battle, won by Madison's ex, the superstar actor and Sunset Valley native Sebastian Jolina-Plumb.

Just before Kaydence became a teenager, Sebastian took their daughter back to Sunset Valley, leaving Madison in Starlight Shores.

DgxkI3v.jpg

They made a clumsy attempt to repair their relationship during a brief visit Kaydence made to Starlight Shores.

B3H6ufe.jpg

Now Kaydence, as a young adult, had returned to Starlight Shores, where she'd been born and spent her childhood, with her fiancé, the freelance writer Terry Ho. Kaydence was a 2nd unit director in the film career (level 7) already that's what we're dealing with, she will make her LTW well before her adult birthday. She and Terry met in their high school's creative writing club, and their love of books and writing is what bonded them.

She had spent the last several days attempting to contact her mother regarding her engagement, to no avail, and now she was standing in front of her mother's beach-side fortress in yet another attempt to reach her. But once again Madison wasn't home.

v45GD7i.jpg

Now, Kaydence was polishing up her 'Simtopia' screenplay when she heard the security system buzz urgently. And this time, it was Madison.

n7riogj.jpg

Terry was at work at the time, so it was just her and her mother, with 'girl time.' After all this time, Kaydence was still in awe of her mother. Madison was utterly gorgeous. She had a perfect body and a perfect face, with not a strand of hair out of place. Sure, her face had a few more wrinkles now, and her strands were a little lighter with gray strands peeking through, but she knew that she could still get any man she wanted.

x04czzV.jpg

Madison flicked on an old romantic movie and beckoned Kaydence to come and sit with her. "So, what's this I hear about
    you getting married?"

"Yeah," Kaydence gushed, "it's true."

"But you're way too young! You just turned young adult and you're talking about getting married! Don't you think you're
    rushing it? Those kinds of marriages will end before they begin!"

"I love him and he loves me," Kaydence replied.

"Honey," Madison shook her head, "you have no idea what love is. How long have you been with this guy?"

"Since high school."

"And he's your first boyfriend?"

Kaydence nodded.

"And your only boyfriend?"

Kaydence nodded again.

Madison shook her head in disbelief. Who is this kid? she thought to herself. But Kaydence wondered if her mom had any idea what love was.

RPFeEvH.jpg

Madison changed the subject, but only briefly. "Now, about this book, this 'Little Girl Lost,' book -"

'Little Girl Lost' was Kaydence's best-selling memoir about her difficult Starlight Shores childhood.

"Mom, don't start." Kaydence was visibly exasperated.

"I did read the first half of it, it's actually - um, it's actually pretty good, Kaydence. There are some passages about watching the fog rolling in from the sea. You're a good writer." Madison paused for a few moments. "However, the sections about me and your father -"

"All I could remember is you two alternating fighting and kissing. Oh yeah, and partying."

"It's a part of life, you understand."

"I grew up with that, Mom. When you and Dad would fight, I would go lock myself in my room. It's what I remember."

"And that's where you created your special place."

Kaydence managed a smile. She finally got it. "It's where I'm getting married," she revealed excitedly.

i5QqfWp.jpg

"I'm actually sad every time I pass by the house to go to the studio for work," reflected Kaydence. The house refers to the mansion on the hill where Kaydence spent her childhood. The house was currently owned by an actress called Judith Ward.

v6OnYTo.jpg

Just then, Terry walked in, stealing a kiss from his fiancée.

7aEu4vQ.jpg

However, he didn't see his fiancée's mother in her bathing suit after coming out of the hot tub stealing a drink from the bar.

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Gonna get back into this one in February 2023 when I pull the trigger on getting a gaming PC.
    "Punch-Out": A Survival Story (Castaway)
    Chapter One - Mayday

"Homeplate, Fast Eagle 101, Angels 20..." Commander Toshio "Animal" Nakamura spoke into the mic embedded in his oxygen mask, "Two minutes past waypoint three heading two five zero,"
    F-14Tomcat_VF-41.jpg

"Say your state, One Zero One..."

"State zero plus four five to splash." was Animal's response to the Combat Information Center on the USS Theodore Roosevelt, (CVN-71).

"Roger that, One Zero One...do you need a Texaco."

"We're One Five to Marshal...we should be fine before we get behind the boat."

"Copy that, One Zero One... We'll have a Viking up if you need one."

Animal grinned behind his oxygen mask, "How you doing, Butch?"

"Five by five, Animal...sure was a boring patrol."

"Like things exciting? At least the sky was clear of MiGs. Don't want to rattle the dragon too much unless we want to be eating Atolls for breakfast."

"You have a point there, Animal." Butch's voice was merry as her green eyes twinkled; her oxygen mask was tight to her face and her head was doing circuits around the instrument display looking for any anomalies in the readings. That was the job of the Radar Intercept Officer; the backseater in the F-14 Tomcat.

"Should be back on the boat in twenty." Animal's F-14 was the CO's bird. It was kept in good condition...but of course the rigors of being shot off the front end of the boat and constant banging of the aircraft main-mounts when trapping was not the best way to keep in continuing good health the multitude of components that made up their frontline fighter aircraft.

It was about three minutes later that everything went to hell in a handbasket.

"Oil pressure is down, Animal." Animal heard worry in Butch's tone as she scanned her panels.

"Yeah, stick's getting heavy...too, I think we got a hydraulic leak...somewhere."

"Combined and flight pressure dropping to zero..."

Animal's tone went no-nonsense, "Emergency checklist... Emergency Flight Hydraulicss switch.."

"Low..." Butch's head went down to the panels.

"Says we should divert, we're blue-water...no divert possible." Animal informed her.

"Horizontal stabilizers, reducing rate, No SAS/ARI."

Going down the checklist...and praying that the plane didn't depart controlled flight, Animal fought the controls.

"Landing Gear Handle" he reached for the handle to put it down. "Emergency Down...flaps twenty...Oh...s---- Combat, Mayday Mayday Mayday, Fast Eagle One Zero One, Hydraulics are gone, Oil Pressure Zero, stick is tight, Cannot control Attitude..."

"Fast Eagle One Zero One, What's your position?"

"Can't tell at this point, the front boards went out, I'm deadsticking it with no controls, The Electricals gone too. I'm going to point this thing towards the nearest island I can find and punch us out."

"Roger that, One Zero One, Godspeed."

Animal stomped on the rudder and cranked the stick over...hoping that the F-14 wouldn't depart controlled flight. He could see a pair of islands just over by his starboard, maybe he could get them close enough that they could swim for it..."Stow your gear, I'm gonna try to get us as close as we can before we punch it. "

"Oh, man, I was hoping we wouldn't have to do this today..."

"Yeah...neither did I..." As he felt the stick go completely tight..., Animal said, "Mask on, Leg loops tight, Visor down...Eject Eject Eject..."

Pulling on the ejection handle loops just above and to the rear of his helmet on the ejection seat. He pulled the loops and the unfurling curtain to protect him from flying debris. Butch's GRU7 ejection seat fired first, then two seconds later he felt a sharp kick at the base of his spine as his ejection seat fired rocketing him out of the F-14 Tomcat.

A few seconds later, he separated from his seat and he hung to his straps as the chute opened above him. Which meant that he had a clear view of the final moments of his bird and he felt a pang of despair as he saw his F-14 fall stricken towards the water...and impact...sending a cloud of spray...probably going straight to the bottom. Looking around he felt a huge sigh of relief as he saw the companion chute of his RIO floating down; it was wide open and slowing her descent.

"A rough way to end a day at the office." Animal muttered to himself. Hitting the water was a bit painful, but survivable at the rate of descent of his parachute. Pulling out his knife he sawed at the ropes freeing himself, just before they could pull him under. Then he sighted the shore of the island he had aimed for eight hundred meters away. He could make it. Hopefully Butch would do the same.

It took nearly twenty minutes to swim to shore and it was the longest twenty minutes of his life. He had excelled in swimming at ROTC, but that was being well-rested. This was after a Fleet Air Defense air patrol and being aloft for over four hours.

It was a relief to see Butch pull her self out of the water. Sopping wet from head to toe, still in her flight suit...as was Animal. "That was one hell of a swim..." she muttered, "Remind me when we get back to thank my swim instructor."

Screenshot-24.jpg

"Yeah, wasn't expecting to have to do that... I thought we were in closer...but apparently the wind was in the opposite direction."

"Well, our gear is completely soaked and our flight helmets and oxygen masks are probably at the bottom of the ocean somewhere, so we'd better get out of these things unless we want to catch a cold or something..."

Screenshot-23.jpg

"Yeah, that might be a good idea; Nice, wasn't expecting this white sandy beach on an island so far north."

Screenshot-22.jpg

"Well, we might as well enjoy the weather while it lasts...why don't we take a swim...after we get out of these clothes and let our flight suits dry?" Leah suggested.

Screenshot-25.jpg

It was about fifteen minutes later, stripped down to skivvies...and in the water that Animal grinned at Butch. "Good thinking, Lieutenant..."

"Well....you know, sir... young minds work pretty quick."

Screenshot-30.jpg

She wasn't even the slightest bit startled when she got splashed with sea
    water.

"Wiseacre..." Animal raised an eyebrow.

Screenshot-31.jpg

"I know..." she smiled sweetly at him.

For those who want to acquaint themselves with it…
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977448/sims-3-castaway-story-punch-out
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/18006805/#Comment_18006805
    Update on previously shared storyline:
    [The criminals in Sunset Valley robbed the city bank but caught by the police]
    Today the trial started. Claire Ursine and Beau Andrews were in court.
    Xander Clavell got away even he was part of the robbery plans (he intends to move to Bridgeport soon).
    Vita Alto is the judge. And Tori Kimura is the prosecutor.
    I even got a cute stenographer :smile: Candy Ashlydale (Sunset Valley towny, originally the babysitter but she is already a YA in my game and recently was fired from teaching career).
    For the lot I used CC replacement of the city hall and redesigned one of the spaces inside the building to look like a court, as much as I could.
    Will try to upload pics in the coming days.
    As far as the story-
    Clair and Beau (the defendants) testified.
    Pablo Martinez who managed the police operation also spoke about the evidence. And Aisha who was undercover also testified.
    I guess I will play a little more for some screenshots and then they will be sent to Prison in Bridgeport...

To be continued.

--

Update from my games:
    (Still havn't had the chance to upload pictures)
    So the trial continued. Day 1, day 2... (more screenshots for me...)
    The verdict was that Claire and Beau will be sent to prison. Naturally they were very upset, Victoria who came to court to support her husband (and not as a reporter) was very sad.
    Pablo congratulated Tori on the results.
    Everyone was sent home and there was a press conference near city hall, Vita and Tori answered questions.
    The next days there was still the issue of Claire's daughter, Octavia. Where would she be when Claire is away.
    So there was another small meeting in the presence of Jake Roland (description from wikia: pre-made social worker in Sunset Valley. He comes to take away neglected children from their parents.), Tori as the lawyer, Claire, and Blair as the police represtative since Claire should be supervised. Also, Blair found Octavia near the bank at the night of the robbery, so the social worker also wanted her opinion about the child.
    Claire was very upset with the whole situation. But eventually became friends with the social worker and trusted him, But she yelled at Tori on the other hand, and accused her of being Ilama.

{Side note- as much as I tend to play realistic stories, it's not always 100% loyal to how things done but that's what nice about the game with its own logic.}

Claire and Blair went home to Ursine household.
    Blaire spoke with Octavia, she will miss her.
    In the meantime Christian, Claire's older daughter sneaked out of the house to meet her boyfriend, VJ Alvi. They hanged out at the criminal lot and both decided to quit their jobs and join criminal careers. They also plan on run away from Sunset Valley together. In the meantime they moved in together to the abandoned house with the swamp.

To be continued.... Hopefully with pics next time... It's just taking me forever to pick and upload....

My previous comments with the story in the spoiler ^^
    And here are the pictures: :smile:

The trial - Day 1:
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Screenshot-49.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    Screenshot-56.jpg
    Screenshot-58.jpg
    Screenshot-65.jpg
    Screenshot-71.jpg
    The trial - Day 2:
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    Screenshot-90.jpg
    Screenshot-93.jpg
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    The trial - Day 3 - the verdict:
    Screenshot-109.jpg
    Screenshot-170.jpg
    Screenshot-173.jpg
    Screenshot-177.jpg
    Screenshot-180.jpg
    The press conference:
    Screenshot-186.jpg
    Screenshot-189.jpg
    Screenshot-196.jpg
    Screenshot-205.jpg
    Social worker meeting regarding Octavia:
    Screenshot-209.jpg
    Screenshot-213.jpg
    Screenshot-216.jpg
    Screenshot-225.jpg
    Screenshot-230.jpg
    Screenshot-231.jpg
    Screenshot-234.jpg
    Screenshot-241.jpg
    Ursine family (& Alvi):
    Screenshot-245.jpg
    Screenshot-248.jpg
    Screenshot-252.jpg
    Screenshot-257.jpg
    Screenshot-262.jpg

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hello everyone. I'm still working on my next video. It is the first episode of The Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2.

I'm having a few issues with the software I use to make the videos. That means I regularly have to shut down the computer and reload the software to get it to continue working. It's being a bit of a time wasting problem. But I am making progress. The other thing that's slowing me down is I've had a few appointments to go to so I've been out of the house and away from the computer a few times over the past couple of weeks.

I thought I'd share a few screenshots from the episode I'm currently working on.

The heir is Cindy. She aged up to Young Adult at the end of the previous episode that I posted on my channel about 2 years ago.

I wanted to complete the 30 Grandchildren series and that took a long time and then I did a few episodes of Oscar's Teen Years. That took me about 3 months to sort out. Most of what I did in the game during that 3 month period won't make it into the videos as I didn't record it but you will see the results of all of that work. I had to put Oscar away for a while because I was feeling really burned out by that story and need a break from it for a while.

I don't want to continue doing just episodes of one series constantly so will be reverting to my previous habit of doing 2 or 3 episodes and then moving on to another series for 2 or 3 episodes. I chose to work on The Perfect Genetics Challenge for a while now.

Once I've done a few episodes of Perfect Genetics I'll probably get to work on Caroline and her friends with their efforts to get me the badges that came with University Life EP plus any other badges that might be opportunities to get. I have a diverse group of sims and their relationships are starting to get really interesting. In order to have a chance to get the 40+ badges I'm going for with Caroline and her friends, I needed sims with a huge range of traits. When I last played that game I discovered the plant sim and one of the humans were autonomously beginning a romance.

Caroline and her friends in Sunlit Tides
    Screenshot-195.jpg

I thought that might be interesting to pursue. I'm curious to see what might happen if she becomes pregnant with a plant sim baby? Is that even possible?

The Isla Paradiso Bunch Part 2 is now complete. In that series the household completed all of the challenges in the three World Adventure Worlds. The videos are a walk through the tombs. They did eventually succeed in finding all of the Sigils (from Egypt), Symbols (from China) and Signets (from France). As is usual with my games, their household grew to the point where the game became unplayable, but I persevered until I got all of the main tomb objects as that had been my goal. I have since then saved the entire household plus a few related sims into an NRAAS Porter File and started a new game with them. I might do another series on the Isla Paradiso Bunch and focus on the children born during the first two parts of the story. The main house is in Dragon Valley. I have begun breaking it up into family groups and moved the first family group to Sunlit Tides.

Judy in her new house in Sunlit Tides.
    Judy002.jpg

This is Judy's daughter, Anne (who was not in Parts 1 and 2)
    Anne-Ruth-Benjie-Butler001.jpg
    Ruth and Benjie Butler are behind her. Ruth is an imaginary friend made real.

Anne's brother, Charlie 'The Plant Sim' Lake.
    CharlieLake002.jpg

Anne was the first clone I ever made in the game and Charlie was the first Plant Sim born in any of my games. Judy is my first witch ever. I made her and she made them a few days/weeks after Supernatural was released. I've only recently aged Anne and Charlie up to become teens.

I grabbed Anne from the game I originally pulled Judy from as I wanted to reunite them. Anne is a clone of Judy. Judy has a lot of children for a sim who has never been pregnant. She has two plant sim sons, because I wanted to be sure she got a plant sim baby and she planted 2 forbidden fruit seeds and got two plant sim babies at the same time. I also grabbed Anne's plant sim brother from the same game Anne came from. Ann and Charlie are now teens and the two little boy plant sims (Benjie and Bertie) are children. Judy also has a mermaid child who is a clone of Triton King and another daughter who is a clone of Donna Dutiel from France. That gives her 6 children and each one of them had an imaginary friend that needed to be made real. So that is a large household with only Judy's children to consider.

There are a large number of other children back in the main house in Dragon Valley. Those children include twin girls who are daughters of Haley and Salty Seaworth plus three alien babies born to Sam and Craig. The twins are teens now and the aliens are children. I also captured the alien mothers and they are living in Dragon Valley as well as Triton King, Salty Seaworth, Maya Ocean and Mia Azul (actually Mia Azul died and she is in her urn in the main household).

Ruth, Anne's imaginary friend made real when she was a child.
    Ruth-Butler005.jpg

Peter, Charlie's imaginary friend made real.
    PeterLake002.jpg

Joe and Peter gardening. They are both Imaginary Friends made real.
    JoePeter001.jpg

Benjie Butler
    Benjie002.jpg

Pippa (an imaginary friend made real)
    Pippa002.jpg

Bertie Butler
    Bertie-Butler001.jpg

Terry King (clone of Triton King)
    Terry-King003.jpg

Donna Dutiel (clone of Lea Dutiel from France)
    Donna-Dutiel001.jpg

Plus a few more imaginary friends made real.

I'd love to get to work on that video series but I need to complete some of the other series first.

It took me a really long time to do Generation 1 of the Perfect Genetics Challenge. It took me a lot of episodes just to get Olivia and Don married. With Generation 2, I moved Cindy's future husband into the household when they were teens. They will be getting married in Episode 1 of their generation. They will be having babies rapidly and I hope to get an heir soon. I don't want this to drag on and on. It has to go for 10 generations.

Then there is the McFluff Story. That'll take a while to do. It's all about cats that aren't really cats.

Old Gertie
    Gertie.jpg

You see Old Gertie is a witch and she accidentally turned 15 of her least favourite 'friends' into cats. Then she was horrified to discover she can't turn them back into humans. It's going to take about 5 generations of her family before someone finally works out how to do it. Problem is, Gertie didn't have an children. But her best friend did have a daughter and that daughter has decided to take on Gerties quest.

Iris and Gerry are the main couple for Generation 1 of the McFluff Story. Old Gertie was Generation 0 as she never had children. Iris and Gerry are going to have the babies who will grow up to find the solution to Old Gertie's cat problem.

Iris-And-Gerry006.jpg

Oscar's story and the Mc Fluff story are in the same game and I do plan for them to cross paths with each other from time to time.

So I better get back to work on the Perfect Genetics Challenge, Generation 2, Episode 1.

Here are a few pics from the first episode.

Cindy, the heir, is now a young adult.

Cindy1.jpg

Cindy.jpg

Cindy inherited her mother's eye and hair colours, as is required by the challenge. But she didn't inherit her mother's skin colour. She got her father's green skin instead. So I decided to mix up the skin colours a bit and gave her prospective husband, and the father of her future babies, a pink skin. I'll be interested to see if they end up with a rainbow family. Don and Olivia's children all inherited Don's green skin. I think I gave Olivia a blue skin.

Here is Cindy with Bill, her future husband.
    Cindy-And-Bill2.jpg

Cindy-And-Bill.jpg

And here are some extra screenshots. Mostly of the 2 weddings that'll be in Episode 1. All of the sims at the weddings are from the one household. I have to split off most of them to make the game playable. Saveable. The first group will make their homes in a player made world, Mountain Lake which was made by @Rflong7. So you will get to see through that world if you watch the first episode and possibly a few more episodes as well. I'm planning to move Gary and James as well as Prue and Chas there after the weddings. Gary and James are Cindy's brothers. Prue is James's imaginary friend made real and Chas is Gary's imaginary friend made real. If you watched earlier episodes Prue and Chas autonomously started a romance and we saw them go on dates together while we waited for Cindy to age up to Young Adult.

Here are Chas and Prue getting married
    [img][/img]Wedding10.jpg

Wedding11.jpg

Wedding12.jpg

Then we had cake and dancing before Cindy and Bill tied the knot.

Wedding5.jpg

Wedding6.jpg

The dancing afterwards then a group of them headed off to Mountain Lake early the next day.

James played DJ as he had fun with the DJ Booth.

Weddimg4.jpg

Wedding1.jpg

Wedding2.jpg

Wedding3.jpg

Wedding7.jpg

Wedding8.jpg

Wedding9.jpg

When they got to Mountain Lake the travellers were moved into a few different households.

Prue and Chas set up home in an A frame house near the lake and Prue found an easel on the back landing. She set to work painting her impression of the lake. This will be their permanent home unless the game moves them into a different house.

Prue.jpg

Cindy and Bill got moved, but the game, into a house where they will live until I travel back to Moonlight Falls with them. They are to be the main characters of Generation 2 and they need to be back in Moonlight Falls.

Cindy visited Carla at about 3 am. She did this autonomously. James and Carla will be married in Episode 2. They will stay in their home in Mountain Lake permanently. I do expect them to have at least one child together. She was made with him in mind and they have some common traits so I'm hoping the marriage works and they stay together. If they separate I'll leave them to it.

Here is Cindy visiting Carla.
    Cindy-And-Carla.jpg

Cindy-And-Carla-2.jpg

Cindy-And-Carla2.jpg

I've already moved James into this household and he is asleep during Cindy's visit. There is another female sim living with Carla. I plan for her to marry another of Cindy's brothers. I haven't decided which one yet. We will be returning to Mountain Lake occasionally during Episode 2.

Gary has moved into the household of Donna Flower. Gary and Donna are going to marry in Episode 2. Donna has a few children she has acquired through planting a forbidden fruit seed and making imaginary friends real and cloning.

There is a young adult male plant sim living alone. I plan for him to marry Petal eventually. And there is another house full of Plant sims, and imaginary friends made real that Donna kicked out of her place.

There are no other sims living in Mountain Lake as I want there to be plenty of space there for me to move others from the main household to this world. I'll also have to move a lot of the townies from Moonlight Falls out of that world as it is so overpopulated I can only save once before having to shut it down and reload.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :) Hope y'all have a great day/evening!

I really need to make some comments and post some more stuff, but while I'm thinking about it at the moment I wanted to let those of y'all know who are reading my daughter's sim story that she wrote two more little chapters and they've been posted. :blush:

Pop on over and see what happens next. :)

Hope y'all are doing well and that the thread picks up again. 👍 I guess we've all gotten a bit busy with school starting back up and all that jazz. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill: well, school for my kids living in Canada isn’t for another…oh 7 days. School starts in BC on…September 6, 2022.

My daughter’s the only one going back to school since she’s going into Gr. 7. My two oldest boys have both graduated.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Brandontaylor I know it has got harder for me to play after working. I'm usually too tired. I hope you get some time.
    I always think the game wants sims to apologize for strange things. :grin:
    Those board breaking activities sure can take a while.

@venusdemilosims Thanks so much for the comments!
    I don't have much sympathy for Skylar. She just tried to steal her cousins fiance. Wasn't successful either, but still no sympathy. It's not like she hasn't known they have been together for quite some time. Get a life instead of listing all your cousins accomplishments and go find a man of your own silly girl!
    That is a beautiful shot of Oasis Landing. I've never done the utopia challenge. Perhaps I should if it is that pretty! :grin:
    Kaydence looks beautiful in her gown!
    Love the photo's especially the two of them.
    I enjoyed the recent updates. I had forgot kids could turn into ghosts from the haunted house! That was a cute reminder. Good catching the picture of his transition.

@Karritz It sure is cute. Thanks!
    Great seeing pictures of the IP Bunch part 2, their children and all those former IF's. Anne is pretty and I didn't realize she was a clone until I read it. I've only cloned a few sims and that was in a story that I didn't finish because of a puter crash.
    It's good to know someone will be working on turning the cats back human after Gertie passes.

@Astro oh wow, love the gambling, hated the confession. :tongue:
    what a bummer about Myra. :cry:
    oh wow, what a mysterious ending and I guess it will be awhile. Good luck with school and classes!

@emorrill I enjoyed your random update. The outfit looks awesome in the royal blue. I like it much better than the grayish color it comes in.
    I loved Uranesia too but tossed it because of those dark shadows. I tried it in my Supernatural save.
    I like the other, but it has lots of clouds too. I actually want one with less clouds. Harder to find those.
    Adorable kitty!
    It's been a busy couple weeks for me. Hope to get back to the story some this weekend. I read and commented over on L's story site. She is an amazing writer.

@Simexpert123 Sounds like a fun challenge starting on an island.

@Avatarit Oh, lots of lovely drama going on. I hope Claire's daughter will be well taken care of.
    Nice to see some pictures of the story.

@Nikkei_Simmer Back in the olden days school started after Labor day for me! :grin: My son is a teacher and they resumed classes on August 10th. :open_mouth:

I haven't played much recently, but tested some cc a couple of weeks ago.
    This is a picture of a skin accessory for a plant sim that I found. It's cute. It will make it's way into my game.
    52306256498_305ef5de4a_o.jpg

This outfit is from @Emily4331. She photographed one of her sims wearing it and I had to have it. Yeah, the flip flops don't help sell the outfit but I was testing those too. They come with toenails you can paint different colors! Love them! They are a definite add as is the outfit.
    52305071187_cd856d8679_o.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Page 4390 - 4391

@venusdemilosims Yeah, I try to make them have at least a few romantic interactions during the day.
    I'm not sure if they have anything in common or not. Although, I did a few things last night so they should gain a relationship now.
    It is an interesting movie. Would definitely recommend.
    Great wedding pics!
    Great updates!

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!

@Nikkei_Simmer Great scene!

@misty4m Great update!

@Astro Poor Calvin, losing his mother.
    Great updates!

@emorrill Great pictures!

@lisasc360 Hope someone helps you figure out what sink that is. I'm not good with knowing what comes with what.

@Avatarit Sounds like you got some interesting things going on.

@Karritz Great update! I enjoyed the pictures.

@bekkasan Yeah, I never feel like playing after work, especially if it's later. I did get some time to play last night, will have to post those in the coming days.
    It does.
    They sure can. Brandon moved to stone blocks now but he can only break one or two at a time right now.
    Great pictures!

***Did these comments before work, otherwise I would have left more comments. I also played with the Goth family again last night, I will post those updates when I get time to do so. Probably won't get much playing time the rest of this week, and might not have time next week either.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor - thanks. Goin’ loopy with no computer. 🤪 but at least I’ve got a line on several gently used gaming PCs that can be upgraded depending on their age with dedicated graphics cards and not APUs. I’m never getting another integrated graphics chip (SPU and GPU in the same chip) ever again. At least I’d be able to get one in the range of $500.00CDN (not brand new; but still a good solid one with a GTX1060 or Ryzen equivalent - I don’t need a fancy 3060 or one of the latest. And at least there will be something decent in my price range when I’m able to pull the trigger on a deal. At least if it’s able to play the Sims 3 without lagging or taking too long in CAS to switch from clothing to hair types etc etc, I’m happy.

@bekkasan - Evidently Trenton NJ School District starts classes even later than Canada does…. 🤣. September 9th. I do feel sorry for the teachers who have to start in late July (Chandler Unified School District - Arizona) - doesn’t make for a very long time in which to prep the classroom for the next school year.

Muse has absconded somewhere so writing the chapters for Chapter 13 of the Legacy have stalled. Right now, River, Haruo, Bebe and the rest have been working on Christmas dinner (Snowflake Feast?)

In the meantime, here’s a pic from my early days in Sims 3.
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Even back then, I was building monstrosities. 😳🤣.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Avatarit Nice to finally 'see' what's going on with the photos. Great courtroom setup you have there. I hope Claire's little daughter finds a good placement with a loving family while her mother is incarcerated.

@Karritz What a lovely group of Sims there! The weddings were beautiful. I especially like the freckled skintones on your sims. Old Gertie looks mean and Cindy, your heir, is lovely. I like the contrast between her hair and her skin tone. Can't wait to see the videos!

@Nikkei_Simmer I can already tell Animal and Leah have a chemistry together after surviving the crash. Nice beginning to your story! Also, I remember 7th grade, not too fondly I'm afraid, lol. Best of luck to your daughter. At least you have some building skills. I have less than none. :)

@bekkasan Yeah, Skylar brought most of these issues on herself. You may recall it was clear that from the moment her cousin Kaydence set foot in Sunset Valley that Skylar didn't like her, was envious of her, and indeed froze her out, much to her mother's chagrin. It would kind of seem sort of inevitable that a long-term relationship like that of Terry and Kaydence would result in a marriage. This wedding stuff has clearly set Skylar over the edge. Truth be told, I'm not even sure Skylar is mature enough to be in a serious relationship, as Kaydence is in. That's not a bad thing, just where she is in terms of her development. Different people develop differently.
    Thing is, Skylar frustrates the heck out of me, actually. She has the family genius trait, yet I see very little evidence that she uses it, lol. She seems to be content to live off of her family's fortune. She has no real ambition whatever, lol.
    The one photo of Kaydence in her gown, I had forgotten to turn off the thought bubbles and she had the 'science' bubble on while I was taking the shot of her with the gown. I ended up leaving it in. She is the sim who rolled the want to do the utopia thing, change the future world. And she was a teenager to boot. I have a whole series of blog entries and posts on here about that. She is still the only sim I've had to roll any kind of want regarding changing the future world, which explains the storyline about her writing about it.
    I didn't even know about kids and the haunted house. Jazz rolled the want to go in, so I let him go in. Still learning things about this game after all these years.
    I do like those new pieces of CC! Could you please send me the link for the outfit? I have a sim who might like that...

@emorrill Your daughter is a terrific writer, she has a lot of talent! Tell her to keep going with her story and keep writing overall! We know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I totally get it about playing time. Mine is getting scarce now too. Between doctor appointments and work, it's getting to be a challenge.

The rest of this week appears to be a bear as far as playing time is concerned. I did finally get off (or on?) my duff and try to do something about a venue... the problem is, I seem to be unable to get all the sims to travel to Oasis Landing for the ceremony. I finally got some of the ones moved in and the travel checkmark was grayed out. Hindsight is 20-20 and I probably should have waited until after Terry and Kaydence got married to move them out, definitely would have saved me some trouble.

G7rep4l.jpg

bRP07wT.jpg

Terry and Kaydence's wedding photos and announcement officially hit the society papers in Sunset Valley.
    Jolina-Plumb/Ho
    Mr. and Mrs. Sebastian Jolina-Plumb of Sunset Valley and Ms. Madison Westley of Starlight Shores are proud to announce the engagement of their daughter, Kaydence Michele, to Terrance Jeffery Ho, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffery Ho of Sunset Valley.

Nj0Siul.jpg

Skylar's reaction was predictable: She threw a conniption fit, throwing things all over the floor. She hadn't made the trip to Starlight Shores for the wedding. It would be too painful.

RD9t4LN.jpg

Meanwhile, Kaydence is still dress hunting. She has a white one picked out, but she also has this one. It's made with @emorrill's skirt. The top is from Showtime.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    @venusdemilosims
    @Brandontaylor
    @bekkasan

Update on game:
    In the last few days after the previous story I did some re-organization in the town (Sunset Valley) since I havn't played a lot in the recent months things were a little static in terms of population. So I celebrated some quick birthdays (I control all aging in town, Story Progression off). So I hope that now when I continue playing it will be more fresh...

Other than that, and unrelated to my main ongoing save, I've been editing Midnight Hollow. Trying to make it less dark/gothic and more colorful. So I started editing outfits of the sims and residential lots. It is quite a project, I read some old threads online of players who tried to do a similar thing too.
    I'm still experimenting with this, and if there are suggestions for Mods that could help I'd be happy to read, already tried a few.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top