Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited August 2022
    Had a power outage for nearly 9 hours yesterday because lightning brought down a wire near my home. Nearly a thousand customers in my town were without power. So @Brandontaylor I completely sympathize.

@bekkasan AJ is a handsome ruffian, isn't he? Lol Thanks for the good thoughts. We will need them for sure.

uHfwtwE.jpg

Here, have a shot of him in a hot tub on a frozen Hidden Springs day.

These days AJ (Andrew, Jr, the oldest son of Andrew, Sr. and Savannah Jolina-Plumb) splits his time between Hidden Springs, where his wife, Princess Alexandra, lives, and Sunset Valley, where his entire family remains. In Hidden Springs, he is Prince Andrew. In Sunset Valley, of course, they still know him as AJ.

WFivEQz.jpg

And here he is, catching up with his cousin.

I have some more AJ stuff I never posted on this thread here, here, here and when AJ and his wife were rescued off Lunar Lakes.

@emorrill Thank you for thinking about my mother and me, we will be needing those good thoughts. Thanks for the dresses! They all look great and Kaydence would likely look good in all of them. BTW I did take a peek at your daughter's story on the other thread, she has some talent!

@Astro Wow what an update. Congrats to Calvin on graduating top of his class! Has he chosen a University major yet? And as for Cassie, hopefully her indiscretion doesn't ruin her future with Calvin - if Calvin doesn't find someone else at Uni...

@GraceyManor so Harper is engaged eh? Definitely puts a damper on things. If she could find a way to break it off with the other guy to be with Caleb that would be wonderful.

I was supposed to post this yesterday but of course that didn't happen because of the power outage.

8JTaDmh.jpg

I'm wondering if THIS is why Skylar is suddenly lusting all over her cousin's fiancé. Terry's no longer the chubby kid she knew in high school. He's developing a bit of a six-pack.

ddPcY3g.jpg

So, right when Skylar is doing her sing-a-gram rounds, paparazzi are taking pictures at the local bistro.

AXXt55y.jpg

That's because Skylar's parents, five-star-celebrity Savannah, the best-selling novelist and former adventurer and ghost-hunter, and former pro athlete Andy, are out having their date night.

QVkzsbv.jpg

Terry's dad, Jeffrey, decided to whip out his drums, while Savannah and Andy watched.

AHuEq9c.jpg

Now, this is where my game decided to try to tempt me, by sending Skylar to do a sing-a-gram for Terry, of all sims.

ak05kvO.jpg

Talk about awkward.

TaKskhF.jpg

After she finished singing, Skylar inhaled and exhaled. Now or never, she thought to herself.

jIa96oO.jpg

"I love you, Terrance." Skylar was raw and unfiltered. All of her, vulnerable, exposed, in a way she'd never exposed herself before.

iBLjfkx.jpg

Terry hung his head. He had literally nothing to say except, "Skylar, I like you a lot, but I'm in love with Kaydence."
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @emorrill True - The next few updates may change your opinion on her.

@venusdemilosims Hello! For some reason I never got any notifications when you would mention me so thank you for all the kind words on my posts! And Calvin is a musical genius so he will go to Uni for a Fine Arts degree.
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Update on previously shared storyline:
    [The criminals in Sunset Valley robbed the city bank but caught by the police]
    Today the trial started. Claire Ursine and Beau Andrews were in court.
    Xander Clavell got away even he was part of the robbery plans (he intends to move to Bridgeport soon).
    Vita Alto is the judge. And Tori Kimura is the prosecutor.
    I even got a cute stenographer :smile: Candy Ashlydale (Sunset Valley towny, originally the babysitter but she is already a YA in my game and recently was fired from teaching career).
    For the lot I used CC replacement of the city hall and redesigned one of the spaces inside the building to look like a court, as much as I could.
    Will try to upload pics in the coming days.
    As far as the story-
    Clair and Beau (the defendants) testified.
    Pablo Martinez who managed the police operation also spoke about the evidence. And Aisha who was undercover also testified.
    I guess I will play a little more for some screenshots and then they will be sent to Prison in Bridgeport...

To be continued.

--
    Notes-
    I played today's session not in my actual save but in a test save, because I wanted to build the room first and didn't want to do it on my big save which is heavy and could get stuck... so I have some nice screenshots and I will recreate and continue the stort on the actual save.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Astro Calvin is very handsome. What an awesome graduation gift!
    Oh my goodness! Drunk is not the best time to confess anything! :open_mouth: Especially with two others present and one of them part of the reason for confession. :lol:

@emorrill I'm kinda with you on tops one and two, but I do love number three. I want to thank you for making me start another cc folder on my laptop to be transferred over at some point in time. :lol:I'm still not done testing the other stuff yet, almost though. :grin: Woot! I finished that folder!
    Omg! Your daughter definitely got your writing talent. She is amazing. I see a future author budding.

@GraceyManor Sweet Caleb! And she finally told him...well at least part of it. :smiley:

@ignominiusrex Good idea to send him away to break other hearts.

@venusdemilosims Thanks for the links to AJ. I enjoyed looking at them and recalling the past.
    Boy, oh boy! That Skylar is a determined gal no matter who catches her eye. Yaay for Terry loving Kaydence and staying faithful! :heart:

@Avatarit Sounds like fun building and testing the courtroom.

Put the rainbow falls in. Very pretty!
    52303131621_6010c83037_o.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @bekkasan that's beautiful! How did you get rainbow falls, anyway?

And also, those of you who give feedback to everyone else, you're the kind and generous souls who make life feel warmer and sweeter, like the person who brought cinnabon to work.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @bekkasan
    He knows she's from the future, she already told him.=)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Comments continuing page 4389 to 4390

@GraceyManor I hope that Harper can tame the horse.
    Looks like she did.

@emorrill You're welcome.
    Thanks!
    Thanks, I hate that it happened but I guess not much really happened that day. My laptops battery quit so I have to use the charger, which meant when the power went out, so did my computer.

@venusdemilosims Yeah, it's mostly distant relatives that need to build up the relationships. For Christa, it's apparent the game didn't have her build relations with her family at all.
    Those are some good trait chips.
    I like the colors of the bot.
    Great update!
    I hate when power outages happen, especially when playing the game.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    Thanks, I hope he grows up well too. I know somewhat what he'll look like, but I don't know how his traits will turn out. I have been doing the randomize button so that I'm not constantly picking the same traits for everyone.
    Lol, it really is. I know that my Family Echo family tree probably has a few mistakes because of that too, lol
    I know, it really was bad timing. It was supposed to be an issue with the provider of electricity for rural areas, but it ended up affecting some of us Ameren Illinois (majority of towns in Illinois use Ameren) customers as well. If it would have waited, my game would have been saved. The problem is that my laptops battery quit, so I always have to have it on the charger to use it.
    Great picture!

@Astro Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.

***Probably going to try and replay the day that didn't save here in a few minutes. I plan on saving a bit more often during this so I don't lose a whole day. I'm not sure when I'll get it posted as I've started to get a bit busier again, but I'll try to have it posted no later than Wednesday. I know I talk about Elvis a lot (maybe more than some of you might like :lol: ) but I did want to share a video. It's the first 10 minutes of the new Elvis movie and I thought it was a good preview of the movie as a whole for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hw28y4a9b8
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Ceramic thank you! It's a custom versione of Sunset Valley, I made three years ago. I posted it HERE

@venusdemilosims thank you! I'm using a combination of lighting and environment mods, that you can find HERE
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Great updates everyone!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @bekkasan nice rainbow falls. Is that something to do with the unicorn fog emitter?
    Goth Family: Day 319

CfppTWM.jpg
    First thing in the morning, Brandon gave Lily a good morning kiss. Lily was thinking about watching a movie, due to a wish she has to do so.

KakZUKW.jpg
    Brandon had a wish to level up in Charisma, so he spent a lot of the early morning chatting with his wife.

dOmscZg.jpg
    I had some leftover food in the fridge that needed to be used, so that is what Jacob and Christa ate for breakfast.

Oj5of92.jpg
    Brandon already has maxed the martial arts skill, but he has not been able to break a space rock yet. I started him out with the more sturdier wood and will soon move him to the next. (Stone? I can't remember the order.)

F261z5R.jpg
    Then Jacob continued with teaching Oliver how to walk. Christa had already started it, and Jacob finished it off. However, the first time he did, there was a power outage in my county, causing me to lose that day. This is why I had to have Jacob do it again here. Luckily, I was able to save with no power outage this time. :lol:

PbsNQcQ.jpg
    Christa worked out in the late morning hours. I believe she had a wish to workout until she was fatigued, which she did do. I just forgot if it happened today, or the following day.

GM71Gyh.jpg
    I then had Lily go for a walk to the theater so she could try to raise some more tips.

mvpK0Kh.jpg
    Since drums on their own sound kind of funny in the case of the game, I sent Jacob over to accompany her on guitar. No matter how long they stayed, no one ended up tipping either one of them.

6VbRwmh.jpg
    However, Landon Langerak and Karina Wolff danced together to the music. If you remember Evan Langerak, Daisy's uncle, Landon is his grandson. Karina must have slipped through the cracks because I have no idea who she is. I really think she is a random game generated townie who married a Wolff. I will investigate so I can see if she needs to be added to the family tree or not.

m2HbGIY.jpg
    After a bit, Jacob got kicked off the guitar because a distant relative of his wanted his autograph, which Jacob gave to him.

9fAX8yR.jpg
    Then, Jacob went over to chat with his distant relative, Landon Langerak. When I look into all the currently living Sims, there are a ton of Langerak's, mostly due to Dwight and Melanie having triplets, and then a fourth child.

Ehq53rZ.jpg
    After talking to Landon, Jacob then chatted with his grandmother, Carrie. She's remarried so I don't remember what her current last name is but I believe it probably is either Langerak or Goth, seeing as they dominate the town now.

gFmmBPZ.jpg
    This was a little bit awkward. Karina and the guy pictured here I believe are in a relationship. However, he is upset about the death of someone, probably his last wife. However, Karina seems to either be calling him a baby, or is saying that he had a baby with someone other than her. Really not sure what she's getting at, to be honest.

hrHDzBS.jpg
    Afterwards, everyone got together at the Bistro to eat, then the band played. I think it was Lily who got all the tips, but it was only like $40 when she needs over $1,000 for her next promotion.

l1z9kjT.jpg
    Speaking of, this was the only person who tipped any member of the band the whole night.

***That closes out Day 319. I will post Day 320 probably in the next half hour, and that will be the last update I have for right now.
    Goth Family: Day 320

Y8nwDO2.jpg
    Jacob woke up early in the morning needing a shower. Christa hadn't woke up yet so Jacob got in the shower, but when Christa woke up, I noticed she needed cleaned up too. Jacob was already in the shower, so I just had her clean the bathtub until he was done. He was probably glad to see her, lol

PyGFfWM.jpg
    There wasn't anything left but breakfast calzones in the fridge, so that was her breakfast. I'll have them make more food once the leftovers are over.

VTChsB0.jpg
    Then Jacob went to Gordon Manor to speak with Stacey Gordon. Stacey awarded him for leveling up Charisma. Stacey is a randomly created Sim who married descendants of Sunset Valley townies, but I don't actually know if he's wealthy or not. The game might have just thrown him into the Landgraab mansion.

xghqB2j.jpg
    Brandon is a brave Sim, so he wanted to go into the haunted house.

RiUDT7d.jpg
    I then sent the family to the park for a fun day. Oliver wasn't having too much fun though, he just wanted fed.

XjoqrYH.jpg
    Brandon went into the haunted house a second time autonomously. Oliver realized he had fairy wings so he ended up doing a bit of a hover, while a random cat sat between them.

EQiSex7.jpg
    Christa got her face painted to look like a tiger, then when she got out, she tried to catch raindrops with her tongue.

Zvcckre.jpg
    Lily got invited to a Spooky Day party but all she wore was a hockey mask. Here she is talking to a relative, but as usual, I didn't write down which one.

qxtXXom.jpg
    After that, she went upstairs to chat with her sister Holly.

GEkWJwt.jpg
    I wanted Christa to build up a relationship with her sister Belinda, so I used Lily to summon her. However, Belinda ran out the door, turned around and rang the doorbell for candy. Christa gave her some, then Belinda ran away. As she was running, Lily summoned her again so she'd stay longer.

2DF4zxx.jpg
    Christa and Belinda chatted for a while, but then I used the Compliment Cleverness one too many times, causing Belinda to get bored. I got tired of that really quick so I just had Christa tell her to leave. I'll try again later, but at least they built up a relationship.

****Getting ready to load up the game. Not sure how long I'll play, or when I'll post the update either but we will see how things go.
    I have been busy with a new folder, only want good cc there
    so I have been first testing my skin tones, and am using them that look the best.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@ignominiusrex and @Karritz @emorrill found the rainbow falls and uses it in her games. I saw her recent picture on this thread and she shared the link to the falls. Rainbow falls

@ignominiusrex oh wow...I haven't had a cinnabon bun in years! Now I'm craving one! :grin:

@Astro Had to snicker a little about the chat with Mom that Cassie had. Well, if they were not girlfriend/boyfriend at the time then no harm no foul no confession necessary. But yeah, don't woohoo with the best friend once you are BF/GF. :lol: Sims don't seem to know any better. They have no sense of morals.

@GraceyManor hmmm, how'd I missed that? Going back to read in cc.

@Brandontaylor Thanks!
    That was interesting seeing the beginning from Parker's perspective. I grew up watching Elvis movies and listening to his music, heard all the stories of how things happened. I've not seen the movie. Maybe someday.
    hehe, your sims get a variety of interesting breakfasts with the leftover food they eat.
    bummer about no tips. I know tips can be hard to get, location is important.
    Fun day at the festival. I laughed at Brandon becoming a ghost.
    That summon spell sure is handy!

@Silverofdreams30 Good luck making the new folder.

I want one of these in real life! How adorable is that kitty and sundress.
    52306306849_4df8927dce_o.jpg
    @bekkasan You're welcome.
    It definitely detailed a lot of his life, although it does skip some things. Also, like I mentioned to @emorrill when she asked how I liked it, some things aren't quite accurate but it doesn't take away from the movie any. My mom hasn't seen it yet so I told her I'd rent it when it comes out on DVD.
    Lol, they sure do. Ratatouille and breakfast calzones are on the menu currently. :lol:
    I know, they are hard to get. Usually, they do alright at the theater but not so much at the park. The Bistro seems decent too, although there isn't a lot of room for four instruments.
    Lol, I wasn't even expecting it. I was watching Oliver float, then here comes Brandon as slow as possible due to being a ghost.
    It really is. However, when Lily dies, no one else in the family has the ability so I'm going to miss that.
    Goth Family, Day 321

WXFgqsb.jpg
    In the morning, Christa had a nice chat with Brandon. However, when she started talking about wanting to be a famous conductor, he didn't like that and their friendship decreased a tiny bit.

lROu86Y.jpg
    When they had finished eating, Christa made sure to apologize to him.

V0hKrrF.jpg
    Christa had a wish to pillow fight with Brandon, so I allowed them to do so. I don't always grant every wish, but I try to grant as many as I can for them.

2VlgRaI.jpg
    At one point, I had to have somebody stop their activities to take care of Oliver. I chose Christa to take care of him.

s2FEMel.jpg
    Brandon went out to get the mail, and also donate $1000 due to a wish he had to donate money to a charity.

MtlSQwT.jpg
    Brandon then went out to break some blocks. Not long after this picture was taken, he started breaking stone blocks.

EZIOTt5.jpg
    Here is a random shot of Oliver playing with one of his toys.

uWz9Bu4.jpg
    Lastly, since one of them had a wish for woohoo, Brandon and Lily did so before going to bed. Everybody except Oliver were tired, so it took a bit before he finally fell asleep.

***I did not play any tonight, and most likely will not tomorrow either. I then work Friday through Sunday so it may not be until next week or later before I post any more updates. I will try to keep up with this thread and comment, as I should have a little time one day after work or on a day off to do that at least.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Astro Looks like your Sims are having a good time in Lucky Palms!
    @bekkasan That pic of the rainbow falls is lovely and I do like that kitty sundress your pretty sim is wearing! I agree, Skylar is nothing if not determined. She has had rotten luck romantically though.
    @Avatarit Sounds like an intriguing game. Can't wait to see it once it comes together!
    @Brandontaylor Sweet of Brandon to give Lily a good morning kiss. Seems like it's still hard for Christa and Belinda to get a relationship. Do they have anything in common they like to do? Lol at their meals. That Elvis movie looks interesting, I'll have to check it out.
    @Federico Thanks for the links.

hztcAPj.jpg

Skylar Róisín Jolina-Plumb went home that evening in tears. She didn't say anything to her parents or brother as she walked inside the mansion.

She realized, too late perhaps, that she was in love with her friend, Terry Ho.

The man she has just realized she loved - was now engaged to her cousin.

Kaydence. The billion-IQ genius. She had a college degree. She'd starred on a TV show. She'd published two novels - all before blowing out her young adult candles.

Why couldn't Uncle Bassy's daughter be, well, normal? Why'd she have to be so sickeningly, maddeningly perfect?

If she hadn't showed up in Sunset Valley, Terry wouldn't have met her, and then she, Skylar, might be the one marrying him and getting her happily-ever-after.

Worse, because he was engaged to her cousin, he was going to be family anyway.

She'd sung at her older sister Sage's wedding a few years back. She never thought that a few years later, the man of her dreams would just slip through her grasp.

Terry was engaged to Kaydence? What could she do for him? What does he see in her? Skylar thought. I could show him a real good time.

She would forever be doomed to be on the outside looking into their perfect life. She would always be the third wheel.

Am6tSHw.jpg

Meanwhile, Terry had taken his fiancée, Kaydence, to their ultimate wedding destination, Oasis Landing.

utopia.jpg

He was set to marry the woman who literally created this utopia.

Screenshot-3208.jpg

He had helped, though, albeit somewhat reluctantly. He constantly got finagled into her schemes. Even his grumpiness was overpowered by her enthusiasm.

St6Qlee.jpg

When they arrived, it was close to sunset. There was a DigiBlast show at City Hall, so they decided to go and see it.

ZuFPIzL.jpg

As usual, Terry thought, he was chasing Kaydence. Just like he'd done the day he first spotted her in room 107 at Community School for the Gifted in Sunset Valley - at the very first meeting of the school's creative writing club.

Back then, this place was just a figment of her imagination, just some ruminations on paper and on a laptop screen. Now, it had been made real.

They got a photographer to snap some photos to publish in the papers back home in Sunset Valley and Starlight Shores.

6CUHrZI.jpg

oURjoVt.jpg

oAsJYas.jpg

And I'm, finally, all caught up on my gameplay....
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

@venusdemilosims

Great update as usual,

@Brandontaylor

Great updates
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Oh, man… this would be a heck of a story if I could get all the CC together for Sims 3.

It’s Animal and Meg from my actual JAG fanfics
    Just as Animal and Meg got their groceries up into the apartment, her cell phone rang, "Austin!" she barked, a little out of breath and Animal could practically see her exasperation level rising as she found out who had just called. "Harm? What is it now? Oh, you just got done shopping? Well, good for you...Tosh and I just got back in and we need to put some perishables in the fridge…" Animal was already getting started on putting up the stuff. "Yeah, he's doing that right now. Anything other than that; that you're calling about? You just wanted to hear what your partner was doing, uh-huh?" Animal restrained a fit of laughter as he saw Meg roll her eyes in frustration. "Harm…I have a tub of ice cream that needs to go in the freezer…and I don't like melted ice cream…understand?" Meg looked up at the ceiling, "Yes…Black Cherry ice cream…yes my and Tosh's favorite…and if it melts, you're in a big deal of trouble. Mister!" Animal had already put the ice cream in the freezer but Harm didn't need to know that; the cheesecake had gone in there as well. Animal thought he heard faintly Harm's question of "Whatcha makin' for dinner?" Was Harm being purposefully irritating? The cell phone was fortunate that Meg restrained herself admirably from hurling it out the window. "South…Western…Style… Chili!" Meg enunciated each word through gritted teeth. Her partner was going to be annoying her for the entire week-end? It started to make her long for the weekdays of her leave when he'd be at work.

Meg winced as Harm said, "Oh yum…" Animal thought Harm remarkably held back from inviting himself over for dinner; considering that was Meg's and Animal's meal portions for the entire week. Luckily it had meat in it; if it was vegetarian chili; it would be gone after Harm got through with it.

"…and it's chock-full of hamburger…" Meg told Harm with no small sense of satisfaction, "A meat-eater's extravaganza…" Nope, Harm, as a vegetarian, definitely would not be inviting himself over to partake in the meal.

Animal mouthed over at Meg, "I think we need to find Harm a girlfriend…" as he put up the last of the perishables; one plat of ground beef in the freezer, the other in the fridge to keep cold until they cracked it open to make the chili, later on in the afternoon. Meg nodded back at him as she covered the phone's mouth-piece holes…

"Yes, Harm…I need to get busy with getting the stuff into the fridge. Yes, why thank you…I'll see you on Wednesday two weeks from now…" With an emphasis on the last five words: Wednesday two weeks from now… "Yes, Harm, unless it's an emergency; I will be unreachable until next…next WEDNESDAY…" When she signed off on the phone…and put it back in her purse, she went "AARRGGHHHH! I swear, he's like a two year old fishing for information…every two seconds… Whatchu doing? Whatchu makin'…"

"I think you restrained yourself admirably, sweetheart…" Animal grinned at her, "…from telling him to go play in traffic."

"Oh, believe me, I was sooo tempted." Meg muttered darkly,
    Screenshot-15.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    It's been a little while I haven't posted many updates from my sims 3 game, I've just been playing it and not taking many screenshots.

This is Terry Lake training his grandmother-in-law Francis Parks, he is married to her granddaughter Ruby Parks, Terry and Ruby just had a baby and grandmother is always sitting in the nursery caring for the baby

TerryLake08262022.png
    new.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited August 2022
    Okay, I think I might know what is causing my issues with some of my saves in the game. You see I have like 9 saves in the game that won't let my get into as I'm getting this error that says "It may have been saved with expansion pack data that is no longer on this system.". So I went looking for anything with that phrase in and found a link to the AHQ page where someone was having the same issue as I'm having. So other members of that forum told them to go to the save in their Sims 3 folder to see if the Meta.Data file is in there and if not, they would need to start another save and place a sim on any lot and save. Then go to the new save and copy and paste the Meta.Data file into the save that they are having issues with. Of course I tried it but then got the "A serious Error has occurred while loading 'Romania.Sims3'. It is strongly recommended that you restart the application. So I did that and it still got that error. I then searched for that error and found another link on the AHQ site that crinrict had posted a link that explains to how fix your game when different error codes come up. So the fix for the saves that I can't get into is to put a new meta.data file into the save that I'm having the issue with. It says that I need to create a new save based in the world that I'm having issues in, meaning that my Munster save is in Moonlight Falls and that is one of my saves that won't allow me to download even though I just created that one last year. Once I create a new save, then I will copy and paste the Meta.Data file from the new save and place it in the save that is giving me trouble. So let's hope that does the trick as I am getting frustrated that this is happening. How the heck does a save lose it's Meta.Data file is beyond... :s

So I will go and try this trick and let you all know what happens.

Oh, and I also did go to Walmart and brought me an external CD/DVD reader just in case if I have to uninstall and reinstall my game. I actually did uninstall and reinstalled the Outdoor Living SP even though it was showing up in the game but wasn't showing the icon in my programs page on my PC.

Sorry for the long explanation... :blush:

Edit to say that it's not working.... :'(

I'm debating on whether I should try to update to patch 1.69 and uninstall and reinstall everything. But then that means that I need to reinstall all of my store stuff and CC again and I don't want to do that. I could also just delete those saves that I can't get into and restart some of the ones that I can remember.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @lisasc360 I sometimes get that error 'a serious error has occurred'. I get it in my multi world games when I m sending sims to another world. So far ive fixed it every time by getting the nhd file from a previous save of that game and using that file to replace the broken one in the currend save. Sometimes I have to go back a few saves to get a non corrupt version of the nhd. I look at the file size of the nhd files to find when it got corrupted. The file size shouldn't change in a world that is not being played. The nhd file contains the neighborhood and is where all of the sims in that world are saved.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top