Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited July 2022
    @bekkasan Thanks, yes, Rowan was excited. And then he immediately forgot that simbot existed... :lol: .

@Sprottenham Welcome back! Sounds as if you had fun despite the weather :smile: .
    Ah, Sao Paten! I had been looking at that town recently, but it's a bit too large for my liking. The town looks gorgeous though. That was interesting tour of the subway. I like those houses you built. My test sim was living in a small apartment with two entrances, if I remember correctly. I don't think I took any images. I like my current save that runs below 2 GB.
    Thank you. Yeah, Story Progression is good at keeping a few things intact if you move worlds.
    Yeah, I had populated Cronor (a grimy future world) with some sims from Union Cove (a big community world from Carl and Pam's site), among them Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler :wink: .
    The nice thing about a town reset is that you get to see the whole household in one pic for once.
    B1afB8t.jpg
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited July 2022
    It's honeymoon time!
    They both rolled wishes to travel to another country, so France it is.
    IWqDmCt.png

Bags are packed and the vacation is booked, off they go.
    d6XsdM3.png

Taking some pictures around the town square before seeing the sights of the city.
    PZzgrrN.png
    YCav48X.png
    x5VuAfv.png

Leighton had the wish to visit the museum.
    RLiA6fo.png

I guess the rules don't apply to Myra - she went behind the ropes to get an up close look at the sculptures, lmao.
    kgIrI6M.png

vA6MZjP.png

The sarcophagus made this weird noise when Leighton viewed it, thankfully nothing happened - we don't need a mummy curse.
    dZrpSWg.png

Admiring the architecture around the city, they may purchase a vacation home here in the future.
    Q3Bh0Pg.png
    M7wrMf9.png

Ending the day off with *some* hot dogs - like, did you really need that many? :D
    taJVKnV.png
    RhbbxDz.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2022
    I’ve decided to combine two stories that I’ve been working on for Sims 3 and turn them into one combined JAG/Sims 3 story.
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    The two stories are the “Mushroom Cloud Chronicles - Sunset Valley” and the “Mushroom Cloud Chronicles - Apocalypse”. I figure that since the stories are so similar that I’m just going to, with a little editing, combine them into a much longer story with more lead-up to the story.

This is going to mean rewriting certain sections and reshooting the whole story to create pictures that match, not to mention creating characters that match the actual actors who played the JAG characters. Like Harrison Page who played Rear Admiral Stiles Morris who in my story has taken over the chair as Judge Advocate General and is now a vice-admiral. The whole office scene in “Apocalypse” will have to be re-shot. And new uniforms will have to be created.
    Screenshot%2B%2528251%2529.jpg
    And I probably will tear out my hair wondering why I ever got the bright idea to do this. But I know the end product will be worth it…

…if my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 muse doesn’t go AWOL on me again.

Between that and the Legacy, I hope that my muse will have plenty to do between now and when I get my replacement computer. If not, I’m sure a few more plot bunnies will pop up between now and then.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks. ;)

@Turjan Haha, thanks, well, the weather wasn't bad all the time, it was a little all over the place. We had a couple of days too that were pretty hot and then there was nothing to do but head for the beach. :P

Oh, yeah, I suppose Sao Paten would be pretty big for a Sims city. I haven't played any other city, so I don't have much to compare it with. It is very pretty, but I don't know if it's just my game or if it's always like this, but inactive sims in town "always" get routing errors and "never" get to work in time, or just don't go to work at all, so much so that they often get fired and have to get a new job. I have never seen this happen in any other town, and certainly not as often as it happens in Sao Paten... Adding subways made no difference at all, but inactive sims probably aren't using them.

Yeah, you've got a pretty big household there.. I don't do households of more than 8 sims, except for "experimental" purposes or for temporarily to take family photos.

@Astro Haha, yeah, that's a lot of hot dogs, she must have been hungry. :P I browsed the forum on my cellphone while waiting for a save to load, and wanted to have a closer look at the last photo to make sure I saw what I saw, and imgur then wanted me to confirm that I was 18+ because the picture had "erotic content". And I was thinking... "..what? No way..." :P ..but then again I suppose it's understandable that the automatic bots will mistake a picture of a girl eating that many hot dogs at the same time for erotic content... <_<.... >_> ..... <_<....
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited July 2022
    Screenshot-60.jpg
    The Helo Pad

“Major General Koffi!”

“Yes, sir.” The gruff balding Marine two-star greeted the Fleet Admiral. It was a gruff no-nonsense voice, the voice one could easily recognize of a Marine Devildog; there was no two ways about it. “I see we’re heading off to Sunset Valley. I have orders there myself from the Commandant of the Marine Corps to detach myself from my Marine Division, attach myself to your unit and make my way to the bunker. I actually have family there.”

“Good to know, General.” Animal grinned at him.

Sir..." the fatigue trouser, olive drab tee-shirt clad officer gestured to FADM Nakamura. "Major General Gobias Koffi, US Third Marine Division at your service, sir."

"Good to see you again, Gobs..." FADM Nakamura said, "Been a while since Afghanistan..."

"Has it been six years, sir. Thanks for pulling our fat out of the fire. That air-strike that your guys from CVW-8 and BATGRP2 did on the bad guys position really kept us from taking casualties that we would have taken otherwise. They had us pinned pretty good." MGEN Koffi acknowledged Rear Admiral Thomas Boone. “Good to see you too, Tom. Didn't realize that they'd send you to my old stomping ground.”

“I can see there’s a story in that,” Animal mentioned.

“Yes, sir, there is, but we can wait on that till we’re at the bunker. I’m not sure if my ne'er-do-well brother is still in town. Tobias never did an honest day's work in his life. He lived with Mama who moved back to Canada. I went with them but moved out after he started getting in trouble and went to live with my dad back Stateside, I went into the Marine Corps, Tobias went to college, flunked out from UBC even though he had a 4.0 GPA in high-school, somehow managed to get a job, but never reached the heights he should have. He was into scientific research. Maybe he’s straightened out and flown right instead of lifting stuff off grocery store shelves.”

“Tough life-story, Gobs…”.

“You get out of life what you put into it, sir…and the rest pf that story can wait till we’re at the bunker. I see the rest of our little group is here. I have three more helos here with crew to take us to Andrews if we need them. I hear the C-17 will be there to pick us up.”

“ carries nine including crew?”

“Yes, sir, plus accommodation for luggage needed. Can’t have our Marines without rifles and gear before goin’ into battle.”

Send two back, we’ll split our squad between two helos. Luggage and people.” Animal decided, “ at least the C-17 won’t be full-up.”

“Well, sir, normally I’d be bringing a Marine Huey, but they’re a bit tied up at the moment so I took the opportunity for me n’ my flight crew’s to appropriate four Seahawks.” We’ll just be leavin’ them at Andrews n’ the Navy can figure out how to apportion them.”

“I’m sure it will be all right.” Animal laughed. “Besides you can always say the CNO requisitioned them.”
    I’ve always wanted to do a make-over on Gobby.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: Hello. Congrats to being a grandma.

@Astro: Hello.

@Sprottenham: Hello.

@PalmArrow: Hello.

@emorrill: Hello.

@Emily4331: Hello.

@Silverofdreams30: Hello.

@Karritz: Hello.

@Turjan: Hello.

@all: Thanks for letting me read/comment on your stories/pictures/videos. :)
    Just been playing my game. :) Sorry if I missed anybody.
    :) Smile!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @Puddinroy Hello. I'm working on the next episode of Oscar's Teen Years video. Happy Simming.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    @bekkasan congratulations on the new granddaughter. I'm sure she'll keep you happily busy for a few years. Happy Simming
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Ruh Roh Raggy! emorrill has fallen behind on reading the thread again. :grimace:

:p

How are y'all doing? :blush: Your posts have been such a joy to read. <3 I see that it's been picking up on here lately and I love it. 💜

@Turjan Your new Star Trek crew pictures look great. :star: I almost wish you would tell a story with them. :mrgreen:;)

I see that others already told you about the Alt button, it works wonders! However I have had times where I greatly wished I could turn the sim at a quarter turn to get the pose to look just right, or better, and that just isn't possible even with the Alt button. :( You can turn furniture at a quarter turn with the Alt button, but for some reason you can't with Sims (using MOO). Unless I am wrong, someone please educate me. :p
    (Ohhh ok, @ZeeGee answered that with suggesting using OMSP! WHY did I not think of that this whole time!? :open_mouth: 🤦‍♀️ ) Sorry, carrying on...
    Oooh! This picture is even better! :mrgreen::star:
    eEbUKCF.jpg
    ----
    emorrill That was an enjoyable start of the outro :smile: . I have the advantage that I know the Stardew Valley versions of those sims very well :wink: . Okay, I guess I knew most of that exposition. Healing that village is certainly a big deal already in the original, though that game world unfortunately showed little to none reactivity. I can see why you wanted to improve on that. Looking forward to the sequel!
    ^It fills me with joy to see you "get" it because you are so familiar with SDV. :blush:
    Thank you buddy. <3 🤗 Glad you enjoyed it.

@bekkasan
    I love the Star Trek photo! Total cool use of pose player! I knew emorrill would love it.
    ^Yes. :mrgreen: You know me so well. <3
    I enjoyed the cute highlight pictures of the family from your 2014-2015 story. I think I missed it somehow back then. :grimace:
    Agree with what PalmArrow said here. I thought the very same! <3
    I love the picture of the sim playing in the ocean with the fairy toddler. It's beautifully lit and looks so warm and happy!
    Interesting about the Alien showing up. Usually if they are using their flying "car" they aren't abducting, just checking things out. At least that's what I've noticed in my game. I think I remember someone posting that they actually will abduct ghosts...
    Either way, it makes me wonder too what an Alien was doing at Spring Manor. :neutral: Stay away from that lovely bunch aliens! Especially the men!
    :p
    ----
    You know I have to... :smirk:
    c8724e46f137b2f49ad6f6901c766741.jpg
    She's a beautiful baby! <3
    I greatly look forward to a new Mary update! :mrgreen: I hope you can get it posted this weekend. ;)

@PalmArrow *Squeal!* Toddler winter coat! :grin: How did I miss that in my cc hunts!? Where did you find it? :blush:
    ----
    emorrill , I'm not going to read your latest update because I still have a lot of catching up to do, but I love the idea of using their Stardew Valley portraits for when they are back to their old selves!
    ^Thank you sweet lady. <3 I was totally worried I was spoiling stuff for you when I posted that, but you're letting me know it's all good. ;):blush:
    Janella is a beautiful child and I'm glad she got a slice of cake first, as it should be on one's birthday. ;)

@Astro
    Making house calls is fun and all because you get to go inside clients houses and be nosy, lol.
    ^Lol! Right!? :lol:
    Oh holy carp I laughed SO hard at this! :joy:
    z6IM4VQ.png
    3Vn6r4N.png
    Well it seemed like Myra and Amy were having a nice dinner, until they got into a cat fight. :grimace::lol: (Oh and for the record, girls don't usually make up that quick, even if they are BFF's 4-ever! :lol::p ) But I'm glad they did. :)
    *Blissful sigh* Don't mind me, just swooning over Leighton. <3:love:<3 And a man that cooks is always after my heart...especially when he does it shirtless. :love: !!!
    E7Onzm1.png
    Woo!
    Anyhoo, happy birthday Myra! She does look great! :star:
    OMGosh all those hot dogs on her stick! :joy:
    CONGRATS on the new job! :star: Best wishes with it!

@Emily4331 Great news about the Randomizer Mod getting reworked. :star:
    I thought it was cute that this grown man was listening to this kid's ghost story. But even cuter is that he is the one scared, not the other little kid! :lol:
    ^Agreed. <3 That is like me and daughter while we're watching the gruesome parts of Stranger Things! :lol:
    Gobbledygook - I love it. :lol:
    And I call this one "when you think she's gonna go for you, but she chooses your dad." :lol:
    ^LOL! :joy: Although personally, I would've gone for him instead of his mohawk hair dad. :p
    Also bonus Kenny's mohawk got eated by the pillow.
    ^Yes! Guess I can see his hotness better now. :smirk::lol:
    ----
    Stunning photos! :star:

@Nikkei_Simmer Once again I am so impressed with your writing skills. :star: I could learn much from you. :blush:
    How's the fundraising for getting a new computer going?

@ButterWafflesAR I enjoyed reading about Lindsey's adventures and the pictures you took are cute. :)

@Onverser Holy cow! :open_mouth: She is gorgeous!! Seriously, one of the prettiest lady sims I've ever seen with zero cc/mods on her. :star: Great job!
    Screenshot-178.jpg

@Silverofdreams30
    That was a lovely part of the update!
    Great job on it!
    ^Thank you sweet lady. <3
    Have fun on your Holiday. :blush:

@Cororon
    It's my shopping/anxiety morning and I have a hard time concentrating on anything, but I took medication for that so now I'm waiting for it to work, then I'll get myself ready and WOOM go and fill the trolley with what I need, pay, come home for a shower and then I can finally chill. :D I always check this thread when I need to calm down. Things that happen in your games make me smile and nice Wow-moments so that my mind can think of something else for a while. :heart: You simmers mean a lot to me.
    ^Aww. <3 I feel you with the chronic anxiety, and I live for my chill time too.

@lisasc360 My deepest condolences to you on the loss of your mother. :cry: I'm very close to my mom so...I can't even think about that happening, though I know it's a part of life. {{{{Hugs}}}} <3

@Sprottenham Hey! Welcome back. :p
    Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing all those poses. <3 I had all except for one. :lol:
    Enjoyed reading your story again. :)

@Puddinroy
    obi-wan-hello-there-obi-wan.gif
    ;):mrgreen: Hope you're doing well.

Caught up! Hopefully I won't fall too far behind again... It's always a joy to "talk" to all of you. <3

Off to work on more of my story...
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited July 2022
    @emorrill,
    @lisasc360 My deepest condolences to you on the loss of your mother. :cry: I'm very close to my mom so...I can't even think about that happening, though I know it's a part of life. {{{{Hugs}}}} <3
    Thank you... <3 We were close but not best friend close like some mothers and daughters are due to her always criticizing the hubby and I as well other members of the family and her friends even though she didn't do it to their faces like she did with the hubby and I. So it made it hard for me to talk to my mom about certain personal issues without hearing her judging and criticizing us, so it was best to keep certain things to myself so that I didn't have to hear what she had to say about the situations. But don't get me wrong but I do miss her, I just don't miss the criticizing. But I still feel like I'm being judged and criticized by her even though she's no longer with us especially when we do things that I know that she would think isn't necessary for us to do just because it might be something that she wouldn't do. I guess that just stems from the many years of her criticizing us that has left me somewhat scarred but I'm hoping that eventually goes away in time and I can start to breathe a sigh of relief as time goes on. Sorry for the long rant... :(
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @emorrill , here is the toddler winter coat. It is one of the cutest cc pieces I have ever seen! Only, I made the mistake of not having any stockings for toddlers to combine with it. While Janella was walking in the snow with bare legs it looked like she must be freezing!

https://www.thesimsresource.com/themes/winterwonderland/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/vintage-coat-no-2/id/1289361/

@lisasc360 , my sincere condolences!

@Astro , your outdoor pictures from France are so beautiful! Are you using Reshade or some similar tool? I noticed that the background in your pictures is slightly blurred and that the shadows are especially deep and realistic looking, which makes the pictures almost look like photos at first glance!
    Audrey spending quality time with Janella:

cDdzJca.jpg

o9fc0Lk.jpg

Their home life is happy, but they live separately from Roderick, the blond sim who is Janella's father. I somehow wasn't really feeling Audrey and Roderick's relationship. All their dates turned out to be bad dates, and Audrey rolled the wish to get married, but not specifically to get married to Roderick. So I decided to let Audrey have a second kid with a different sim, and then decide who would be the better husband. I haven't played a family with stepparents and stepsiblings yet!

So, one evening Audrey visited Nataniel, a sim she met outside the science institute where he works and had instant hearts with. He lives in a hut by the beach.

QJADv91.jpg

He was very happy to flirt with her, although reluctant to try for baby at first. No wonder, he only met her a few days ago!

vV52mCx.jpg

But eventually they did try for baby, and there were chimes.

XpDS4yM.jpg

Audrey went home doing the "Yay, I just WooHooed outside my home!" strut.

9yQKrzy.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Astro Good luck! And you gotta tell me if you use a custom top for your guy sims for research purposes. :wink:

@emorrill LOL okay, okay. Listen I took his mohawk away. You and @bekkasan will be happy to know! :tongue:

Also hey, hey, hey you. Umm...maybe click the link to my conversions blog because there might be new stuff there or somethin' I dunno....just go look.

*achoo*
    PheoMHo.png

Ah, here I go sneezing up pictures again. :confounded:
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited July 2022
    Mini update btw:

Met celebrity chef, Pat Gabriel. Got his autograph. He's married, tragically. And, honestly, Chrissy has been the goodest girl of my sims. :lol: I'm keeping a streak going! (Telling Kenny to break up with his GF doesn't count :angry: )
    xY2roLv.png

yoooooo now that's more like it, Randomizer Mod! :love: So we moved into a swanky new apartment.
    or9cKKP.png

Be honest, Chrissy. It wasn't sadly. Frankly, I'm glad they're gone! :naughty:

Which is great because our older one was literally 2 rooms: a bathroom and an everything else room. :lol: Also, our old abode didn't have such a great view of...a...horse casually walking down the sidewalk???
    dtWFVtU.png

Also bunny computer chair is the best computer chair.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @bekkasan I had already figured you that much in a happy "new grandchild" mood that I completely forgot to congratulate you now that the granddaughter is here! I guess you will be able to hold that little bundle of joy many times more in the future :smile: .

@Astro Ah, honeymoon. Is that the dreaded "hat shadow"? Anyway, that pic with the grilled sausages is hilarious. And the message Sprottenham was talking about makes it even more so :lol: . Great pics.
    Good luck with your new job :smile: .

@Sprottenham A bit mixed weather isn't the worst thing on vacation. Better than constant heat.
    Did you try a town reset? Other than that, cities with skyscrapers, lots of apartments and elevators tend to have lots of routing issues. Bridgeport is no exception, but it isn't as big as Sao Paten. I usually edit all ground floor hidden rooms to be accessible public rooms, which at least solves most of the routing issues, except for those caused by the constantly breaking elevators.
    Usually, I keep households below seven sims, but this time, it works, because my household contains more than half of all residents of this world. Plus, Story Progression cannot do much, because I switched getting babies or aging off.

@Puddinroy Hello :smile: .

@emorrill Thanks a lot for the comments :smile: .
    Your new Star Trek crew pictures look great. I almost wish you would tell a story with them.
    Thank you. You know, I didn't look for those Star Trek costumes specifically for the poses, because the seven originals from my current household already had them as secondary outfits. Those costumes played a part in their story. It's not a Star Trek story per se though, but part of their original expedition, which included a sponsorship by a local SV TV channel. And those costumes later saved them from some gruesome fate in Cronor. But yeah, I didn't tell much of that other than in passing.

@PalmArrow Ah, good luck for the new couple :smile: . Patchwork families can be fun (I had quite a lot of those in my games). Better than playing single mothers with lots of kids, which is just pure stress.

@Emily4331 Heh, I had to search for that horse. At least it wasn't far from the hospital.
    And, honestly, Chrissy has been the goodest girl of my sims. :lol: I'm keeping a streak going! (Telling Kenny to break up with his GF doesn't count}
    :lol: That's the spirit!
    edited July 2022
    A small update might be in order.

As Joey spent all day insulting the thirteen other sims in the household, I thought it might be a good idea to send him to school. At least I now finally understand the deeper meaning behind the educational system: It's there to get your kids out of your sight, at least for a while. Joey doesn't need to go far, as there's no school in town, and I just opened the Science Academy next door (I had blocked that one so far). Joey isn't the only one who has to suffer from "modern times", but the only other teen in town has to come over from the main island by boat.
    jflyRW4.jpg
    Of course, SP will add some "helpful" pudding faces.
    The cowplant on one of the community lots was causing issues, and I just put her on the home lot instead. Chances that she will eat anyone are slim, as lots of people seem to be keen on feeding her every day. Or every hour. Every 5 minutes? Honestly, she should have exploded by now.
    HZ948Sy.jpg
    I'm not sure, maybe it's in the air, but Galatea, the simbot, has started sending insulting text messages to each of her colleagues regularly, and this autonomously. Except for her boss, who gets friendly text messages. This probably means she isn't suicidal. From time to time, I keep her busy with other stuff, like gardening. Plus, she's ideal for the bees.
    IFPb1dW.jpg
    Madison was going for a new image as a rebel. I guess it's some kind of midlife crisis.
    Dsxd2K6.jpg
    Lucky was trying out the Philosopher's Stone. He was really lucky indeed, as he became a statue on the first try.
    azc3PRr.jpg
    This is Grim on the second occasion on the very same day.
    Gy5a6tQ.jpg
    jy5Xf0m.jpg
    iHVk4Yj.jpg
    Well, there we go again.
    3MzQW35.jpg
    As fun as starting a collection of these may be, the whole process is very disruptive to the rest of the household. They are worth 50,000 simoleons each, but I don't really need the money. I don't want to pay the taxes for them either, so I think of putting them on a community lot.
    wm8RNG0.jpg
    I also tried summoning a mummy, but the sarcophagus informed me that mummies don't like crowds.
    What crowds?
    Oh...
    So2iSwB.jpg
    Well, I guess that's it for now.
    HFwRLA2.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member

@Turjan are you playing Star trek, love your photos, good job. they look really neat.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-11.jpg
    Elizabeth: How'd the interview go?
    Derek: You tell me.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Peter: Oh, what is SHE doing up? The sun is out.
    Amber: I heard that.
    Elizabeth: What is it?
    Peter: Oh right...Your husband called, said he'll be late...Interview's going
    longer than expected.
    Elizabeth: Okay, now will you move, I'm watching my favorite sitcom.
    Peter: How rude.

Screenshot.jpg
    Elizabeth: You got the job!

later that night.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Elizabeth: Michael's crying.
    Derek: Go take care of him.
    Elizabeth: Can you do it this time?
    Derek: I'm tired.
    Elizabeth: I guess that proves it.
    Derek: proves what?
    Elizabeth: You don't love me.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Derek: Maker...you know just what to say don't you?
    Elizabeth: Thank you.
    Derek:-_-

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Derek: I fed you, I changed you, I played without...now please
    go to sleep.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Just a cute family photo.XD

Screenshot-23.jpg
    Derek still can't escape autographs.
    @Turjan , I had no idea that mummies didn't like crowds!

@bekkasan congratulations on your granddaughter! :)
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @emorill Oh, yeah, I would suppose that most people around here know about more custom content/poses then I do, but still, when asked, I am more than happy to share what I have used. if I can remember what I have used or how I did things, that is! :P

@Turjan Oh, definately.. I'm not complaining about the weather...

Oh, making the ground floor hidden rooms accessible sounds like a good idea, because when I checked the location of some sims that repeatedly got stuck yesterday, they were, for some reason, standing in just those rooms... the downside is, of course, there's a lot of them to change...

Haven't tried the reset everything yet, as the save is still pretty fresh and these issues were there pretty much since the beginning, but will do next time I load it up. :P I'll probably also remove all the subway rugs and put them back in one by one, because for some reason, they don't always work either and cause weird issues like sims walking underground to their destination (which takes forever).. it's like the train didn't arrive and they decide to walk along the tracks.. in the tunnel.. now that's risky business! :P No leaf clover!

The boat photo looks nice, Joey has got a beatiful view going to school. ;)

The wallpaper of the volcano behind the office desk also looks cool, hmm, I just hope they don't live on a volconic island! :P

~~~~~~

I'm not planning to make any real story line about the Sao Paten stuff for now, they're just sims living there going about their business... :P But then again, so it is of almost every save of mine initially..

c29eNhQ.jpg
    Brandi went shopping the other day, and brought home a book about counting that she read for Frederico before bedtime.

9qgkVZM.jpg
    While everyone was sleeping, Hansemann, their cat, found his way to a nice meal on the kitchen counter...

CUIv9Mn.jpg
    Then Brandi woke up unknowingly of what the cat did to have breakfast.. bon appétit! ;)

wzgVVRj.jpg
    Geraldo C. took Frederico out for a stroll to play with one of the spring riders outside their apartment building.

KVlfNUp.jpg
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Pink Diamonds

“After fleeing the bunk room, Jamie finds himself in a bathroom. The change is about to happen and he feels horrible. He presses the button on his watch that alerts Lee he is needed. Thankfully, only a few seconds go by and Lee appears. Jamie is visibly sweating and clearly uncomfortable. “Please...get me...out of here", he gasps haltingly to Lee. "I’m...burning...up...changing back!”
    52148300463_0ac9872032_o.jpg

Lee grasps his arm firmly, and they instantly disappear, teleporting to the surveillance house. Jamie is unable to speak as the transformation continues to take hold of him. Intense heat radiates through his body as he transitions from a transparent ghost to a human with bone, cartilage, muscle and skin. Jamie's agony increases with each layer of healing. Those present in the room see Jamie transform from ghost to human in an instant. To Jamie the change seems to take forever. The pain, the heat, and the energy of the transformation have convinced him that he does not wish to do this again. But Jamie being the man he is, will do it in an instant if someone needs him.
    52148285366_d34cc2f51d_o.jpg
    52220572791_f1eb6ca089_o.jpg

As soon as Jamie is back to himself, he collapses on the couch. The recent developments are discussed with the Chief and Detective. Jamie explains that Damien wants to leave first thing in the morning. Since the Chief represents the syndicate's leader, he will place the call early. Noticing Jamie's obvious exhaustion, the Chief sends him to rest in the other room. Jamie texts Bekka letting her know he is out and safe before falling into a healing sleep.
    52219567167_2ec2597e22_o.jpg

Knowing that Jamie is back and safe with the others, Layla and Bekka set the books aside and fall asleep. They found a few more things that will help them with their preparations. The cats remain curled up watching over them as they sleep.
    52174378460_03ca68213e_o.jpg

Elias follows Damien and Bert to the jewelry store, staying out of the way in case Bert senses him. Damien uses his skills to pick the lock and deactivate the alarm at the back of the store. The collection Bert is interested in acquiring is in the office section, not in the store. Once inside the building Bert leads the way to the vault. Damien quickly disables the alarm system and unlocks the doors.
    52174378100_526567a6d3_o.jpg
    52174378340_25c0cdc3ea_o.jpg
    52173889351_8abbafb599_o.jpg
    52174378265_e5a80a3044_o.jpg

There are two very sturdy safes and an enormous locked cabinet in the vault. "You don't need to bother with the safes. The collection is large and is most likely stored in the cabinet," Bert tells Damien as he leans over peering at the door to the cabinet as if he can see inside.

Damien turns his head and complains to Bert. "Dude, you need to back off and give me some space to work. I can’t do my job with you breathing down my neck. Go get a chair from one of the offices and position it in the doorway. If this alarm is triggered, I believe it will cause the door to close, locking us inside. Neither of us want that to happen. I need you to get out of the way."
    52221869073_8fe186c96a_o.jpg

With Bert out of the way, Damien hunches down and contemplates the intricate lock. He doesn't want to trigger a trap, even though the chair and Bert's body should prevent the door from shutting them in the room. He has missed the excitement of undercover work and opening locks has always been a fun challenge for him. He is enjoying the challenging locks that the Chief devised for him.
    52222121484_2eea1b271e_o.jpg

Damien takes his time as he works on the lock. After several minutes he finally bypasses the traps and the cabinet opens. The collection inside stuns him and he fervently hopes the team completed the substitution of the gems. They certainly look genuine to him.
    52172868722_7206224bcd_o.jpg

Bert pushes Damien back. “Get out of the way!" Bert's eyes light up with excitement as he stares at the shimmering pink diamond collection. "Hand me the case," he orders.
    Damien passes it to Bert, who carefully picks up each gem, admiring the beauty and cut as he places them into the case.
    "Twelve rare pink diamonds, flawlessly cut. I could not have done it without you. You have earned your place with my organization anytime you want to leave the syndicate."
    52173901833_5d16f6c54c_o.jpg

Back at headquarters, the criminals unwind with a few drinks while discussing their successful night's work. Bert shakes his head at Damien, stopping him from relating the story of the gem collection. Damien is puzzled as to why Bert is keeping it a secret until he remembers the treasures in the vault off Bert’s office. The crew probably knows nothing about what is really in that room.
    52172868572_739074bc34_o.jpg

Bert calls an end to the celebration, sending the others to rest or to go home and retreats to his office. Taking his time, he lovingly looks over each gem as he packs them away in a trunk. He gloats over the beauty of the gems wishing he didn't have to sell them. He has a buyer in mind, and the money from the sale will go to his private account in the islands of Sunlit Tides.
    52188883940_8af95b266c_o.jpg

As Bert locks the trunk in his vault, his phone rings. He recognizes the gruff voice belonging to the syndicate leader. "I'll have him call you right away." Bert continues as he tries to charm the leader. "It was my pleasure having Dominic here, and I hope my own crew has learned a few things from him. It would be an honor to meet you and collaborate with you in the future." He soon discovers he is talking to dead air. The leader has hung up.
    52188883825_79b0f10213_o.jpg

Bert bursts into the sleeping quarters shouting, rousing everyone. Damien climbs down from the bunk and makes the call as requested.
    52188398681_f288a5466e_o.jpg
    52188398641_28b6be2025_o.jpg

"Get dressed and gather your things. Come by my office before you leave. Dave, get ready and take Dominic to the bus station when I am done with him."
    52187384722_93f8ba5898_o.jpg

Bert hands Damien a tribute to take to the leader. "Did I ever tell you how I obtained these crystal skulls?" He notices Damien checking his watch. "It's a fascinating story, but I know you need to leave. I will save it for another time. I do hope to meet you again Dominic."
    52187384647_192ff2f8d2_o.jpg

Mack is waiting at the stairwell as Dave and Damien arrive. “Ya know, you're not as bad as I thought you would be coming from the city. You’re all right. It was nice working with you."
    "Same here. Stay in the shadows, man."
    52188408413_1d1b358163_o.jpg

Dave stops Damien after they leave the building. "Just in case anyone is watching, we will go to the bus station. Enter the restroom, and the Chief will be waiting with your bag. Change your clothes, drink the potion he has and your appearance will change to that of Damien. He will drive you home. Jamie and Lee will meet you there. Any questions?"
    Damien reaches out and shakes his hand. "No questions. Thank you for your help. It's been a pleasure working with you. Please stay safe."
    Dave gives him a friendly smile. "I’ll be ok. Genie, remember?"
    52188398571_c6a791888f_o.jpg

As they drive away, Damien looks out over the valley watching as the sun rises from behind the mountains. The sky is hazy and a musty scent is in the air. Rain is coming. It feels like he has been away from home for weeks rather than a few days. It hasn’t felt like home with Mary gone. He is grateful for Jamie and the others that will help him bring her home safely. He knows from Jamie that the Fates cannot help them. He bows his head and prays to God for strength and guidance for all of them in the days ahead. He thanks God for blessing him with Mary and begs Him to keep her safe and help them bring her home.
    52221894041_3b666a34ae_o.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top