Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,424 Member
    I miss my JAG-Sims so much. Anybody who watches NCIS will recognize SECNAV Sarah Porter.
    “ And...you know what happens if we declare war on the Chinese. They’ll escalate to nuclear.” I stated eye to eye with SECNAV. “And...then the whole world goes up in flames. COMPACFLT is wanting to send two Aegis CGN into the hot-zone and rain Tomahawks on the Chinese coastal defenses and that's just going to make the whole situation ten times worse.”
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    “Yeah, the Russians will want in on this dance too.” SECNAV said with a look that said that she knew exactly what was going on. “And then we’ve got a steaming pile of ****-stew. I need someone to diffuse the tension out in Pearl, but you have other orders. Your blue button is sending you elsewhere. JCS wants to protect you because they'll need a tactician once everything stops blowing up.”
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    “So CiC is wanting to institute Pinnacle?” I asked as I broke from parade rest and SECNAV who nodded.
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    Yup, Fleet Admiral Nakamura was awarded:
    Navy-Medal-of-Honor.jpg for actions on a numbered North Korean hill in 1994. 😁

Developed an entire backstory for him within my archive of JAG fanfiction before I brought him forward into the Sims World.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Alrighty everyone! Time for more of my story! :mrgreen:

So Part 2 of the Finale is getting pretty long (since it's the end ;) ) and I wanted to release a little bit of it before finishing up the rest of it. I just don't want to keep y'all waiting too long for more as the story is coming to a close. <3 This section was a bit difficult to write so I hope it's understandable and makes sense. 👍

🚨NOTE:🚨 Since the gang is no longer in Appaloosa Plains, and back home in Pelican Town, I will be using character portraits from the Stardew Valley game (some have been altered a little by me for story purposes :p ) as pictures to go along with the story. Just for that realistic, concluding effect. :blush:So there will be no Sims pictures in these last two updates.
    Sorry this looks like a post for a Stardew Valley forum instead of a Sims forum! :joy:

I know, it's sad to not see them as Sims anymore. :( (At least not for a while) But it's okay. This is how it's supposed to be. <3

So without further adieu, enjoy the beginning of Part 2 everyone. :grin: We left off with them "leaping" home and landing inside the Wizard's tower. (Like how I did that? :smirk::p )

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Chapter 19 - Grand Finale
    Beginning of Part 2

Without a moment’s hesitation, Abigail immediately ran towards her biological father and threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

It threw the great Wizard Marlin Rasmodius off guard for a second, but he had certainly been longing for this closeness with her ever since the moment he found out she was his daughter. He gradually wrapped his arms around her in return, smiling, and soon held her just as tightly. They stayed that way for a few seconds.

“Is this real?” Abigail tearfully whispered in his ear.
    Rasmodius chuckled. “Yes. This is real,” he replied, breaking their embrace to look into her beautiful blue-green eyes. “My daughter…,” he expressed, wiping a tear from her cheek. “Welcome home.”
    Grinning happily, she sniffed as she said, “Somehow I don’t think I would’ve made it back without you.”

52222742892_0693defd37_t.jpg

He gave her a casual smirk as loving words, unspoken, were exchanged between them.
    She hugged him again.

“ELLIOTT!” Leah cried out, suddenly remembering the life inside her womb and threw her hands on her belly, frantically pressing all over it, hoping that the baby was still there and well.

52224016259_f5b212554d_t.jpg

All eyes shot in her direction, their hearts stopping for a moment. Elliott placed his hands on her belly to feel too and Harvey rushed over to check as well.

“No harm should have befallen the child,” the Wizard informed.

Not hearing his words, the mother closed her eyes and cried out in relief, “Oh thank goodness! I feel some kicking! Oh thank you Lord!”

Feeling the kicking too, relief washed over the father’s and the doctor’s faces as well. Everyone else expressed sighs of great relief that echoed all throughout the room.

“Did you expect that one of us might get pregnant during the quest?” Abigail couldn’t help asking Rasmodius.
    “The possibility had crossed my mind…,” came the simple response. Now all eyes turned towards him.
    “So if Leah had the baby in Appaloosa, the baby would have come back with us, right?” She had to clarify the answer she felt from him before.
    “Of course. I was prepared for all possibilities.”
    “Even if she had suffered life threatening complications during the delivery?” Harvey asked in an unintended tone, feeling a bit emotionally charged at the moment. “We didn’t have the best medical equipment over there, nor a hospital. Sorry Leah…” He apologized for asking.
    Leah shrugged; she was certainly curious too.

The Wizard looked Harvey straight in the eye while folding his arms. “My Abigail’s life once hung in the balance, as you may recall, and in a few fleeting moments I saved her. The same I would have done for Leah if need be. However, Doctor, I trusted in your abilities as a physician, and knew that you would educate yourself on the matter, so I did not worry too much about it.”

52223762273_d2fb011820_t.jpg

Harvey nodded with pursed lips, feeling somewhat chastened while Elliott muttered in a whisper to Leah, “Well that sure would’ve been good to know back there…”

“Alright so we completed the quest,” Sam rang in. “YAY! Awesome-sauce! But I think I speak for everyone when I ask," he sharply turned towards the Wizard, "what the HELL was it all about!?”
    Most everyone nodded while Haley mumbled to her love, “Language babe…”

52225258539_a238a74967_t.jpg

“Sorry, but in this case it’s warranted!”

52224242310_06999a52dc_t.jpg

The Wizard lowered his arms as a corner of his mouth quirked up, replying with, “I would think that since you are all here, you would have figured it out.”

“NO!” Sam yelled in objection.

“WE figured it out!” Maru chimed in, with her arm around Alex. Everyone gaped at them.

52222743202_54443ea5b1_t.jpg

Alex gave them all a proud nod and smile in confirmation.

52224016089_8684257a9c_t.jpg

“YOU!?” Sebastian addressed Maru with a pointed finger. “Well, of course. And YOU!?” He pointed at Alex this time. “Together!? Together?” he asked again in a different tone with a different meaning.
    “Chill out Sebby…,” Maru kindly insisted. “Yes. Together.” She pulled Alex closer to her to let him really know.

“Yeah chill out Sebby,” Abigail softly repeated in agreement, giving him a loving look at the same time.
    “Hey, I’m chill. I’m not hatin,'” he said in defense, with his hands spread apart. “I’m just…confirming. My rematerialized brain still feels a bit jumbled right now...” He slipped his hands into his pockets and took a step back, lowering his head with a sigh; still unsure of how he felt about his sister hooking up with Alex, but that wasn’t important right now.

52224235740_6bebc6a1e5_t.jpg

“Aww, you two are a couple now?” Penny asked with a light squeal of excitement for her best friend. She could hardly believe it.
    The two nodded.
    “Did you kiss yet?” She winked.

52224016364_4a90292ddb_t.jpg

“Yep,” Alex answered this time. “And it was our kiss, well, more our hearts finally opening up to each other, that completed the quest. Next thing we knew we were being sucked through the cosmos and landing back here.”
    “So that’s how it happened…,” Emily whispered, gaping in surprise.

52224236010_ab85645571_t.jpg

“So…all of us falling in love and getting together…,” a thoughtful Harvey spoke, “was the key to completing the quest? And the purpose of it?”
    “Bingo,” Maru confirmed. “I was just as surprised as you are right now when I found out.”

The Wizard mischievously rubbed at his beard as he exchanged glances between them.

“Wow…,” Harvey breathlessly said. “That is not what I ever expected it to be about.”

52222743092_cbf5e47c4f_t.jpg

Penny however - ever the hopeless romantic - loved the heck out of the sentiment of the quest and kissed him on the cheek, physically expressing her feelings on the matter. Naturally they came as no surprise to Harvey. He lightly kissed her back.

“Okay, wait,” Haley stepped in, with half raised palms, “then what was all that mumbo jumbo you told us beforehand, about ‘becoming enlightened’ and all that jazz?” she asked the Wizard.
    “That’s exactly what it was,” Shane now spoke, liking that she remembered his previous term for it, “'mumbo jumbo,' to distract us from the true purpose of the quest. To make it not so obvious and more challenging. Am I right?” he also asked the Wizard.

52224235720_0ae89d4f70_t.jpg

“Not entirely,” came Rasmodius’ response. “Everything I said was essential in order to complete the quest.”

Curious, everyone’s eyes fixated on his, urging him to go on.

“‘Once you allow yourself to become enlightened, then will you discover what will give you the greatest happiness in life,’” he quoted himself. “Becoming enlightened gives you knowledge. Life experiences give you wisdom. The quest was to provide a unique learning experience in your lives, one you surely would not have gained here in this town’s present state. The kind of experience that would necessitate the need to lean on someone to get through it. That’s how you would come to know who is your better half; your soulmate. And it is that person who would give you the greatest happiness in your life.”

“Ahhh,” they all lightly expressed with nods, realizing.

“I was kinda right about that,” Elliott expressed proudly. They all smiled at him.

52224016129_6da228fcef_t.jpg

“True I may have made it sound a little vague and mysterious,” Rasmodius continued, “but that was so all of you would gain as much from the experience as possible and have enough time to discover your true love. And once the twelve of you allowed your hearts to knit together as one, becoming six, you would return. That is why the completion of the quest ‘depended upon the hearts of each and every one of you.’” He quoted himself again.

52223762273_d2fb011820_t.jpg

Each couple nodded again and then turned their heads to smile at each other, eternally grateful for the grand adventure they just endured that brought them together.

“Okay I have to ask,” Leah addressed the Wizard, “why would you do something like that for us? Something so kind and selfless. We were always told that you...,” she hesitated, “...were a Wizard not to be trifled with. That magic is evil.”

“You were told wrong,” came the frank response.

“Well yeah, we all know that now, but still…Why? And why us?”

52222743182_6fe65d407a_t.jpg

Everyone’s eyes fixated on the Wizard again, their hearts thumping in anticipation for the answer to the other greatest question in their minds.

Rasmodius sighed before speaking, shifting his stance. “Put simply, especially for the benefit of my daughter,” he gestured towards, “I wanted you all to find true love. Just as I had found before…but never got to keep…”

Their brows curiously furrowed - except for Sebastian and Abigail’s, who already knew the whole story - as they continued to listen.

“I have been watching the residents of Pelican Town since the day I was banished and there was something very distinct that I noticed happening since that time…a gradual disintegration of love and unity. Not love shared between two people with romantic feelings for each other, but love towards others. The town, and everyone in it, had grown reserved and became divided, just as horribly as I was divided from my one true love…” He noticed tears appear on Abigail’s eyelids when he said it, but he went on. “Twenty-three years ago the previous Mayor was murdered by his gold-digger wife, who was a witch in secret. She tried to make it look like a sudden medical event, but when it was proven otherwise she shouted from the rooftops that it had to have been done by magic, so she pointed the finger of blame on me, the one magic bearer in town that everyone knew of. It was her word against mine, so she fled with her fortune and I was unanimously deemed guilty. They were about to pass the death sentence, but by the grace of the new Mayor, Lewis, I was banished instead, never allowed to return or I would be killed."

"The townsfolk thought that by banishing me, and preaching that magic and anyone possessing it is 'evil,' would save and prevent them and their children from certain death or utter destruction. But what they really did, was bring about their own destruction. Because they allowed the spirit of fear to reign, which made it difficult for anyone to truly trust or love their neighbor again. Therefore, creating division. It has been…tragic...to witness all these years." He lowered his eyes. “Ever wonder why the Community Center permanently closed, now being consumed by nature and mysterious creatures?” He raised his eyes, no answer was necessary. "This once great town I grew up in that was so full of life because of love, unity, and diversity, was gradually crumbling to dust and why, you might be asking yourselves, did I even care? Especially after they turned such a blind eye and brutally betrayed me!?” He paused to swallow the emotional lump in his throat. “I cared…because of her. Caroline, my one true love. She was all that mattered to me, that kept me living. And then…one fateful night," he swallowed again, "I found out that her child…was also my own.”
    Abigail closed her eyes, a few tears dropping as she did. That night I discovered my magic powers in the graveyard when I went to visit grandma. He felt it…That’s how he found out.
    “Now there were two in that crumbling town that I loved. And I could not stand by and watch them live out their lives in that miserable and vain society any longer! Not when it meant my daughter, who is also a magic bearer, would surely suffer the same fate as me if she were discovered! Or worse..."

"It had to change.”

52223743466_bf37262b37_t.jpg

Emily nodded emphatically, not only in regards to Abigail, but because she shared having similar feelings about the rapid division occurring in town since her childhood with the others before, and it amazed her that the Wizard noticed the same.

Abigail wiped away the tears from her eyes and cheeks as she continued to listen.

“I was not sure how I was going to do it,” the Wizard continued, “but I was determined to use my powers to make a better life and future for the two people I loved…my family…and the people they loved. No matter what it took.”

Everyone stood motionless, letting everything Rasmodius said sink in.

“There was always something peculiar about the twelve of you. Pelican Town’s most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes; each with different personalities, gifts, and talents. Who didn’t always fall in line with the town's customs and false beliefs. I saw great potential in all of you because of that. I had often wondered why you six men and six ladies had not found interest in each other when you were so inherently compatible. Some of you explored the idea, but it did not work out or something always got in the way. The reason to me was simple: it was because of the division I spoke of. It was like a curse, hindering you from discovering your true companion and realizing the great potential I could see in you, at least,” he slightly chuckled, “what I was sure I could see.”

“So I came up with the quest, one of my greatest acts as a wizard, and probably one of my last.” He noticed Abigail frown. “I knew that if I thrust the twelve of you into a dreary situation where you would have to work together to get through it, finding love and unity amongst each other along the way, then perhaps you would bring that spirit back with you…and use it to unify Pelican Town again. To heal it. To bring it back to what it once was. A beautiful beach town, away from the hustle and bustle of city life, where all people can live together in harmony and peace.”

“Hell yeah,” Sebastian cheerfully agreed, putting his arm around his girl. “We had been planning on doing just that when we got back, Mister Rasmodius, Sir. The magic bearers will live in Pelican Town again and be free to express themselves without any fear.”

52223743526_680b58baa0_t.jpg

Abigail lovingly smiled at her man before giving him a kiss and then turned to her father. “We’ll make sure of it!”

52224235875_59b51bb885_t.jpg

“I know you will,” Rasmodius smiled too, feeling great pride in them.

“Wow. So there was so much more to the quest than us just simply finding our soulmate,” Harvey noted with a growing smile.

52222743047_d3c6da4949_t.jpg

“Indeed, Doctor.” Rasmodius happily smirked.

“...Thank you,” Harvey felt to express with deep, heartfelt gratitude. “That experience, albeit challenging, was truly wonderful. I’ll never forget it. And what it’s blessed me with.” He kissed the top of Penny’s head.
    “Yes thank you so much,” Emily sincerely added, pulling Shane in closer to her. "It was exactly what we all needed, in so many ways."
    “It sure was a b***h to get through at times, especially for me,” Shane now expressed, “but…I’m a better man now because of it, and I have the most amazing woman by my side and new best friends in my life now because of it also…when I never thought I could ever have that again. So…thanks.”
    Everyone else nodded their deepest appreciation to the Wizard as well.

“You are most welcome,” Rasmodius said with a light bow of his head.

“I have a quick question,” Maru spoke to the Wizard now. “Abigail once told me that love is too powerful of a force to control, but…based on the main purpose of the quest, it seems you found a way to control it?” She may not have liked the idea of being led to fall in love with Alex by some force other than her own heart’s.

“No; she is correct,” Rasmodius replied. “Love is a force all on its own, controlled by the souls of two individuals. I simply set up a spell to alert me when true love was found and expressed.”
    “The stars.”
    “Yes.”
    She smiled with a satisfied nod. “Thank you.”

52222743202_54443ea5b1_t.jpg

As everyone began randomly conversing with one another, Rasmodius turned away from them and closed his eyes; inhaling and exhaling lightly. After about a minute, he turned back around to face them.

“I have alerted the Mayor of your return,” he said, the room going silent again by the sound of his voice. “So he will be gathering up your loved ones and they will all be here shortly.”

Everyone smiled brightly. They couldn’t wait to see them! It had been so long.

“I told all of them about the purpose of the quest a few months past so…they know everything,” he emphasized, giving off a light smirk.

“Sweet!” he heard Sam quietly express.

“Expect nothing during your reunions, dear twelve friends. Allow your loved ones to speak, as I know they will allow you to speak.”

“They may not be the same people you knew before…Just as you are not the same people they knew before.”

He smiled in conclusion, knowing so much more than he revealed, but they would discover it soon.

:mrgreen:

I'll try to get the rest written out and concluded as soon as possible. <3 Stay tuned everyone!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @lisasc360 I'm sorry to hear about your mother passing.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My game has always been massively CC heavy, so I wanted to try to make an interesting looking sim using just the base game. No CC, no mods, no custom sliders, no packs or store content, purely base game and this is the sim I made! I quite like her final look :)
    Screenshot-178.jpg
    Screenshot-177.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    What a great way to start off the day! Myra had a date with Leighton to look forward to tonight.
    NYxqXzW.png

As a test of Myra's styling ability, her boss wanted a new look...
    C47nCX9.png

Apparently, she didn't like it..?
    BV3Wfln.png

Well, I think she looks a lot better than she did before.
    t632YRh.png

Regardless, the failed styling attempt gave Myra enough XP to get to Lvl. 9 of the Styling Career. Almost to the top! 🤩
    v3cEJ4A.png

Time for the date, which was a picnic on the beach!
    IeRyXdi.png
    z3pL4EJ.png
    EeSsqXl.png

Taking a (skinny) dip in the water...
    dYUsIUB.png
    C41qIKT.png
    e0Rqeo5.png

<3

Love them.
    MMIpest.png
    q61txXq.png
    qpBGKOB.png

No fancy wedding required, straight to the City Hall to make the marriage official!
    3TRnayK.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

That was a lovely part of the update!
    Great job on it!
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    Yeah, Barn-Bay game.. Guy named Oats... Maxed sculptor, max inventor. Game is altered as there is no school in the world... Trudging after the Immortal reward, got a ways yet... No kids so far.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @lisasc360 I am so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. Thinking of you and sending you lots of virtual hugs. <3
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
    edited July 2022
    I just noticed this parallel during a styling session.
    Left is Myra's first day at work - Right is from yesterday (at lvl. 9 of the styling career).
    I guess that goes to show that mistakes can always be made.
    A9Rnfyf.png
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited July 2022
    Ohh, many nice updates, beautiful scenes, funny glitch (?) and trekkie group potraits. :smile:

And thanks for the lovely comments! :smiley:

It's my shopping/anxiety morning and I have a hard time concentrating on anything, but I took medication for that so now I'm waiting for it to work, then I'll get myself ready and WOOM go and fill the trolley with what I need, pay, come home for a shower and then I can finally chill. :D I always check this thread when I need to calm down. Things that happen in your games make me smile and nice Wow-moments so that my mind can think of something else for a while. :heart: You simmers mean a lot to me.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    It was Myra's Birthday today!
    Leighton wanted to be a good husband and make breakfast for Myra.
    E7Onzm1.png

He has zero Cooking Skill levels...
    jFtYFL3.png

But, no worries - He has the 'Natural Cook' trait. No burnt waffles here!
    c4DrPgm.png
    7HxMj1M.png

They will go on a honeymoon soon, but for now Myra just wanted to spend her birthday peacefully with her husband - So movie date it is.
    Rzr9xsg.png

Make a wish! 🥳
    jpAFuSM.png
    XtK8dxG.png
    nNEYxmk.png

Adulthood never looked so good! 🤩
    ur0scfY.png

A little fireworks show to ring in the birthday girl.
    lx4tgMB.png
    hgyqDEu.png

I love them, lol.
    uidN4Xa.png
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Astro , I'm enjoying all the updates on Myra and Leighton!

@emorrill , I'm not going to read your latest update because I still have a lot of catching up to do, but I love the idea of using their Stardew Valley portraits for when they are back to their old selves!

@Cororon , I find reading this forum very calming too!
    Audrey had been unlucky with an alchemy recipe the day before, and she got turned into a frog. In the morning luck was on her side: while researching alchemy she discovered how to make cure potions. It was then just a simple matter of making one and using it on herself.

M33zIMz.jpg

In the evening she threw a birthday party for her daughter Janella.

5FSRJoC.jpg

The birthday girl after aging up. She managed to get a slice of cake before there was a crowd of aunts and uncles blocking the table.

DjhFa18.jpg

This is a new family generated using genetics from bin sims that moved into my town. I think the mother and daughter are beautiful!

PLY5DtZ.jpg

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!

@PalmArrow Thank you!
    Love the shots of your sims in the snow. I recognize your pattern and it is still in one of my folders.
    That was a timely potion to learn. :smiley:
    Janelle is a cutie!
    It really is nice seeing what genetics does with some of the EA sim.

@Astro Lol at the sim thinking he's hot stuff.
    Amy certainly has a unique style. :grin:
    Love they are good enough friends that though the can argue they also stay friends.
    Sims are just way too picky! I think Myra did a great job.
    Congrats to the happy couple!
    They do seem very happy with each other. Lovely birthday.

@Emily4331 Glad to hear the mod was adjusted a little. Not sure its for me since I mostly tell my stories and cause my sims problems myself, but sounds good for those who like to watch their sims lives.
    Cute pictures. He doesn't look old enough to have a son she would be interested in as well as him. I dunno about that mohawk. :grin: It's nice she got a boyfriend though.

@Nikkei_Simmer I have enough trouble just making calls and texting on the iPhone let alone trying to do a blog post from it.
    Aww...Love the name they chose, much better than Tinsel! :lol:
    I do recall the character.

@Turjan Your new version of the picture looks great. The alt with rotation doesn't always work with some poses. I don't understand why either.

@ButterWafflesAR I love that your sim enjoys having aliens for company.
    Gino looks cute! I hope they stay happy together.

@emorrill Loved the update. Comments on your story thread.

@Onverser Great job. She actually looks like one of my good friends back in nursing school. :smiley:

@cororon I hope the shopping went well and that you are relaxing and playing your sims. I agree with you about the thread. I use it to destress even if only for a few minutes after work before I start on the paperwork part of the job.

The other day when I loaded Mary's save I was looking around the world and saw this in front of Spring Manor. The only sims in the house were the three ghosts, Bekka and Layla. Bekka and Layla were asleep and I'm guessing they don't abduct ghosts.
    52229184846_272a687686_o.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Im going off on holiday for a few days tomorrow,
    will bring my laptop cause I need to use it but might not play, happy simming all!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @bekkasan Totally understandable! :3 So, actually, I thought the same thing about Kenny - that he looked too young to be a Dad to a grown man. :lol: But I recently got a mod that shows how old your sim would be in real life instead of how many days left until their next life stage. It marks Kenny as 39 and his son as 19, so it's possible! :lol:

The mod also gives sims little mini-birthdays that it notifies you about. I'm always too busy to throw my sims parties for their mini-birthdays, but I really gotta start doing that. :lol: Obviously, with no real cake because I don't want them to transition. :tongue:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    But I recently got a mod that shows how old your sim would be in real life instead of how many days left until their next life stage. It marks Kenny as 39 and his son as 19, so it's possible! :lol:

The mod also gives sims little mini-birthdays that it notifies you about.
    @Emily4331 , that mod sounds very interesting! Does it work regardless of the lifespan you're using?
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Turjan Sorry if this is old news but do you have the sims on the OMSP mod? That makes it super easy to turn them exactly where you want with the alt key. I'm assuming you want them in a little bit different place than how the poses were made?

I couldn't catch up on everything, no time, but @lisasc360 so sorry to hear about your mom. That must be devastating.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Sorry that I hadn't replied to all that had mentioned me over the last couple of days as I was trying out my PS2 on my 32 inch monitor that's been sitting around since the hubby got it from a customer. I've brought a PS2 to HDMI convertor that allows me to play on my unused computer monitor. The only thing right now is that I don't have sound as I don't have any speakers that I can plug into the convertor and I can't use my earphones/plugs in it as the usb cord is too short to move the console right next to the monitor as it needs to be close to the outlet that it's plugged in. So I will need to buy a 10 ft usb cord to plug into the convertor so that I can either move the console closer to me or move it over to my coffee table so that I can sit on my couch as it's on my kitchen table.

@Turjan,
    @lisasc360 Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how it feels. My mom is still around, but my father died nearly 20 years ago, and it's just hard. It's a bit easier, if they are really old, but it still hurts.
    Thank you... :) Sadly for me, both my of my parents are gone now as my dad has been gone for almost 13 years now. It just feels strange not having my parents around any more... :cry:

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 I'm sorry to hear about your mother passing.
    Thank you... :)

@MamaSimTee,
    @lisasc360 I am so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. Thinking of you and sending you lots of virtual hugs. <3
    Thank you... <3

@ZeeGee,
    I couldn't catch up on everything, no time, but @lisasc360 so sorry to hear about your mom. That must be devastating.
    Thank you... <3 It certainly is as I was interested in doing much for the first couple of weeks as I couldn't keep my mind off of her passing but I'm doing a bit better now... :)
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited July 2022
    Great updates, everybody!

@emorrill That was an enjoyable start of the outro :smile: . I have the advantage that I know the Stardew Valley versions of those sims very well :wink: . Okay, I guess I knew most of that exposition. Healing that village is certainly a bid deal already in the original, though that game world unfortunately showed little to none reactivity. I can see why you wanted to improve on that. Looking forward to the sequel!

@Cororon That was a beautiful post. Enjoy the summer as much as you can :smile: .

@PalmArrow Janella turned out great!

@bekkasan Thank you, I guess that is like that. Maybe, because those two sets of poses snap. Nice pic of the alien ship. I see them from time to time doing stuff in town that doesn't really affect anything.

@ZeeGee Oh, that's a great suggestion! No, I didn't think of OMSP. I had removed it because I never used it, and I certainly forgot that you could use it with sims. Awesome!
    The issue I had was that this specific pose pack had 8 poses in two sets of four. Both sets had the sims look into a specific direction, which means they posed for a camera. Unfortunately, the direction the sims were looking at differed between both sets. After turning didn't work, I swapped the second set for a different one from a different author, where sims didn't look at the camera. I then chose an angle for the photo as if the sims were looking into the direction they want to "boldly go" next :lol: .
    Thanks again :smile: .

@lisasc360 Yes, I can see that this feels strange. The older you get, the more you have to get used to those feelings of loss. But hey, that just means you are still alive. Which isn't the worst thing after all :smile: .
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Didn't play much, but it went into a different direction than intended. Rowan got the opportunity to build a simbot, so we have yet another sim in that household :lol: . Here's Galatea, and Rowan seems happy.
    YB98lXg.jpg
    She came with traits that would make her a great nanny, but I guess we have to forget about kids in this household.
    Post edited by Turjan on
    @PalmArrow I believe so! I play on a modified Long lifespan and the real ages seem accurate. For example, Chrissy is pretty early into Young Adult and is 23 according to the mod.

You can read more about it here:
    https://modthesims.info/d/638978/how-old-are-you-30-03-2022.html
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,142 Member
    Hmm, it would appear that if one is away from the forums long enough, all notifications of things to reply to disappear.. I mean, it said I had notifications when I logged on, but when I clicked on them, they allwent away and it just said 'You do not have any notifications yet.' Bugs and glitches, everywhere. It just never stops. :P

Oh, well, anyway... hello again, people! :P Time to backtrack and reply to things from over a month ago....

@bekkasan Thanks for the comment on the hospital update. ;) It's good to hear that from a nurse. :)

@emorrill

It was nice to see someone agreeing with me about the posting thing, though that's old news now, so I'm not going to start discussing it. :P

Oh, you're welcome about the links, uhmm.. now, lets see if I can remember what poses I used? Well, that's where lists come in handy.. I think I used poses from these sets:
    DEATH AND DYING POSES
    https://poses-by-bee.tumblr.com/post/685696799757959168/death-and-dying-set-1-sims-3

DON'T DIE POSES
    https://emilyccfinds.tumblr.com/post/642352925503569921/poses-by-bee-dont-die-sims-3-14-poses

TATTOO POSES
    https://modthesims.info/d/556615

MTS_heaven-1536580-07.jpg
    a_heaven_tattoo7b and 7a was used for syringe shot.

99 BOTTLES OF BEER
    https://modthesims.info/d/490833/99-bottles-of-beer.html

a_splad_bender to make it look like he was losing balance/having a stroke.

DEATH POSES
    https://modthesims.info/d/472634/death-pose-pack.html

Probably used some from here too.

Thanks once again for the lovely comment. ;)

@Turjan

Well, I don't know about the Swedes and their midsummer, but in Norway usually we would go to the beach and light up a bonfire, but it was never anything crazy, typically kids friendly stuff, grilling hot dogs, and no streakers...! Did nothing about it this year, but that was probably also because the weather wasn't excactly cooperating. :P

Hehe, I never would have thought Story Progression actually kept track of what happened in a different world (savefile) I was just surprised to see that message! I see it as a bit of a positive though, that the game actually cares to remind me to play in a different world. I would have anyway, though, as it is part of the rotation. :P

I always like looking at your screenshots, they always look so crisp and nice.

~~~~~
    To everyone that has made posts inbetween:
    I won't be making comments on every post from mid-june until now, but I'm reading, looking at pictures and giving out awesomes. I'm sure you'll understand. ;)

~~~~~~

@Turjan

"Sheldon Cooper was also there." <-- Say what? Haha. :P

@Brandontaylor Sorry to read about your aunt's passing.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    I made a couple of simple poses and I dunno I think they're cute :3

I call this one, "woman sits at table and is bored."
    4oXsgw5.png

And this one, "woman dead on ground, but fabulous."
    mxMus8Y.png
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,142 Member
    Tunnel Vision.

By random impulse, or some idea, I wanted to try out city living.. but I didn't go to Bridgeport. Instead, I went and downloaded a city called Sao Paten, and then filled it with people I downloaded from The Sims Resource. After putting some sims into the town and letting them roam about for a bit, I noticed the city was missing something, most likely by design as the city seems pretty well made and thought out.. but still..

Subways. The city had no subways, so I went to building... once I started, I acquired a bit of a tunnel vision,all the while I did keep Deepak, his recovery and my other sims lingering somewhere in the back of my head.. hoping to return to the soon...

I1YZKSO.jpg
    Anyway, one of these sims I downloaded to have living in Sao Paten is Brandi Louise-Gimenes (originally just Brandi Lousie). Here she is grilling hot dogs on her balcony after a long day at work as a journalist. She used to live downtown in a tiny apartment with her husband and her child (and their cat), but she always thought the apartment was way to cramped, so once they had saved up enough money, they moved to a only slightly bigger apartment on the hillside of Rue Cachoeira.

8RsEQQU.jpg
    On the hill there are four identical apartment buildings where every other building is a mirror of the one next to it.

J6J7pD3.jpg
    The Lousie-Gimenes family lives on the top floor of the green apartment building. These apartment buildings did not come with the city, they are a build of mine too, because the family needed a place to move out of the expensive not-so-kids friendly downtown area.

3QbGPgJ.jpg
    It was a pretty regular Saturday morning in Sao Paten. After having breakfast and petting Hansemann (their cat), Brandi wanted to head to the library to continue writing on her science fiction novel, "The man from the future". Brandi had began practicing writing at first mostly to improve her skills for her journalism career, but as she got better at it (and a little more confident), she thought she might as well just have a go at writing her first novel.

txMhvHc.jpg
    Her husband, Geraldo C., was a little unlucky this morning and broke the sink after doing dishes...

13g8yCt.jpg
    Their son Frederico was as happy and carefree as any toddler.

MA0Shw2.jpg
    The family has a pretty decent view of the city from their home. Their previous home was within walking distance of the central library (Biblioteca Principal located in the Simboco district) where Brandi would go to practice her skills, but now, not so much, so to go there, she has to go by the.. subway of course..

fcHIOR5.png

ctt0Dil.jpg
    The Rue Cachoeira subway stop is located right underneath the purple apartment building.

wyLwTMS.jpg

Plenty more subway station pictures inside..
    jcHJFf0.jpg
    It's the start/end point of the green subway line all the way from Rue Cachoira to the Art Museum (Museo de Arte) on the opposite end of town. The Cachoeira station is also the smallest subway station in the city.

voH4Vao.jpg
    ..but it usually works just fine, because it's not really that trafficked. Brandi had an entire subway wagon to herself this forenoon...

A5TV6vN.jpg
    The next stop on the line, that Brandi will just be passing by, is Teatro Imperial, a theatre/cinema in the district known as Nippontown. I haven't examined this area to much, but it has an obvious Asian influence.

wS9MWuE.jpg
    Teatro Imperial subway station. It's a pretty regular subway station. The yellow line that goes by the harbour district and the business district begins here.

eSGF2XM.jpg
    The next station is by the university. Brandi isn't a student so she just passes it by as well.

UY5c8nL.jpg
    Universidade de Sao Paten subway stop. Frederico might go here in the future if he decides to become a student.

Iqi2qnQ.jpg
    The next stop is the Praça Metropolitana stop by the town hall. The subway station has four entrances from ground level, two entrances to the green line and two entrances to the yellow line.

I52zssf.jpg
    This is the biggest and most trafficked stop of the subway system, and also where the yellow line departs from the green line towards Rua Porto (Harbour district and fire station) and Praça Unibanco (Business district).

vPRsT2p.jpg
    There is also a passageway below the tracks between the green and yellow lines, just down the stairs to the right.

8HF6EVu.jpg
    Passageway.

QVAHvoC.jpg
    Hmm.. what's this to my left? Some kind of... door?

bxkcO1T.jpg
    It just leads me to this hallway, with another door. I wonder if it's locked...

G4ihRxE.jpg
    It wasn't.. Hmm, this is a tight room.. I'm probably not supposed to be here.. but.. now where could those stairs lead to?

FZsG8mw.jpg
    Another door... of course... press 'y' for open. :P

YAox1qQ.jpg
    Oh, right, it just lead to a platform right inbetween the tracks.. no place to go from here but back down the way I came from..

07q7XDO.jpg

E7zLzkU.jpg
    ..but there is another staircase below the other one that goes even further down.. hmm...

KmAVAtS.png
    ..oh, ok, what's this? It smells.... bad... really bad...

qrE95yc.png
    Ew... I can't breathe, I have to get up... I'm pretty sure that's not a swimming pool...

oycdG7y.jpg
    Away from the foul smell of down below and back to Brandi. On her way she goes past the stop at Rue Sàbado, a regular stop of the most regular kind... This is also where the blue line from the Panaca favela joins the green line.

ncX6NMU.jpg
    While she heads that way, I switch to the yellow line to to a detour by harbour area and the Rua Porto stop to get some fresh ocean air..

QvPOGZY.jpg
    The atmosphere here is a little different compared to the other stops, and all of a sudden I feel sick with a strong urge to head to the nearest bathroom... I guess the ocean air didn't help to much...

6QCzItJ.jpg
    I run past the gates and find some doors on my left hand that look promising..

2cVfCYo.jpg
    ..but what was behind them didn't... Whoa, these toilets look like they're one hundred years old or something... but if you must, then you must...

clzKO3K.jpg
    I get it, the Rua Porto is probably the most runddown of all these stations..

qyIK4IC.jpg
    ..and there's another door there, but.. I think I have done enough looking around, don't think I want to know what's down there. The door has a padlock on it too, and I don't want to break an entry. ;)

du6v29p.jpg
    The next stop on the line is Praça Unibanco, right below this office building. The office building is another build of mine, because I don't have all the expansion packs required, what was supposed to be on this lot, wasn't there, just some black walls.

QOaQ2TZ.jpg
    Praça Unibanco is another pretty big stop with entrance from both outside and inside the office building.

Jd3wdJ2.jpg

k4wlbbU.jpg
    Elevators will take you up to the office building lobby. There is also a staircase to use if one follows the emergency exit sign to the right.

jI0Xjvc.jpg
    Office building lobby as seen from the elevators with main entrances in front and to the right.

5JItqZg.jpg
    The next stop on the green line that Brandi is on, is the Ave. Oceânica stop. This is also the stop Brandi uses when she goes to work. When entering the stop from the subway, you can only exit to the right. Left side is entrance only.

aed56Eo.jpg

CrHBkQR.jpg
    Subway exit is on the right side of the building above ground.

74f2ngi.jpg
    Entrance on the left.

The next stop is the Cinema Simboco (actually there is a stop in between here by a small art gallery and The Maritime Hotel, too that I forgot about on my journey..).. and how could I, because that's the stop where the yellow line re-joins the green line.. and the blue line, so all three lines go together.

3LN9bDJ.jpg
    The Cinema Simboco stop is another big stop with three entrances, one main entrance to the station, one back entrance from the cinema backyard and one entrance from within the Cinema itself. I'll be brief here and only show the cinema entrance, because beyond that this station looks pretty ordinary. The cinema entrance is directly opposite from the stairs leading up to the other two entrances, and from here you can go either left or right depending on whether you want to ride the green line or the yellow or blue line. The blue line begins or ends here, and goes up to the Panaca favela and the local police station there.

Before we reach our destination there is another stop not marked on the map, and whose name I forgot, so I'll just skip it for now...

IZ2CLGz.jpg
    Finally Brandi is at her destination below the library.. It is very practical for bookworms, as they can just take the elevators to the right and end up right into the library lobby. Much less practical for builders, as the elevator goes through a foundation before reaching the lobby... not sure now how I did that.. don't ask...

q8nd8fi.jpg
    To the left is the main entrance/exit for everyone else that leads directly out into the fresh air.

jdYIGyi.jpg

GZBU1Pa.jpg
    ..but Brandi is going by elevator. Now, to find that computer to keep writing...

0sbjupu.jpg
    "Hmm... I need more obstacles to build my protagonist..."

9tZQo77.jpg
    While Brandi is busy writing, her husband is at home, busy being a good sim watering the plants in the rain. ;)

..and that ends this tour of the subway stations so far.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited July 2022
    I have Mary's next update almost ready to post. I didn't get to work on it yesterday as planned because...drumroll...I'm a grandma again. God blessed us with a healthy little girl born yesterday afternoon and yep, got to see her and hold her shortly after birth. They had a home birth and everything went perfectly. So, it will probably be the weekend before I get time to finish Mary's update.

@Silverofdreams30 Hope you have a great time!

@Emily4331 Yep, that is definitely possible, but goodness he didn't look 39 either. :grin:
    The birthday thing sounds good. I have a tendency to forget those as well in my long lifespan games which is pretty much all my stories. :blush:
    I kinda think the first one especially around the eyes is saying "I can't believe you just said that, you are in for a world of hurt $**!+^%."
    The second one does look fabulous.

@Turjan Rowan looks very happy with what he did. :grin:

@Sprottenham Good to see you again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top