Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-98.jpg
    Daniel: Did you hear that?
    Carolyn: Hear what?
    Daniel: You didn't hear or see that?
    Carolyn: Captain, what's the matter with you?

Screenshot-99.jpg
    Captain: There she is that cursed ship!

Screenshot-100.jpg
    Carolyn: I don't see anything out there.
    Daniel: Of course you wouldn't be able to see it.
    Carolyn: What are you seeing?

Screenshot-101.jpg
    Daniel: None other than the dutchman's ship...cursed ship!
    Carolyn: Alright, so I want to know more about this ship,
    you already told me about it, but what does it have to do with you.
    Daniel: Let's not talk anymore about this.

Screenshot-108.jpg
    Carolyn: What is your obsession with this legend?
    Daniel: Well, let me just say until the sea pulls it back, I'm pretty
    useless at the moment.Now promise you won't look into this
    anymore.
    Carolyn: I promise.
    Daniel: Really?
    Carolyn: Yes.
    Daniel: You mean that?
    Carolyn: No.

Screenshot-102.jpg
    Carolyn decided to stop at the library to see if she could find
    a book on "The Flying Dutchman." She looked shelf upon
    shelf.

Screenshot-103.jpg
    Carolyn: Captain! you bring that book back right now.
    Daniel made the book float further away from Carolyn.

Screenshot-104.jpg
    Carolyn: Captain! Let it go right now, give me that book.
    She managed to pull the book away.
    Carolyn: Hmm, you seem a little weak Captain.

Screenshot-107.jpg
    Daniel: So, did you satisfy your curiousty.
    Carolyn: Not exactly, the book stated what you had, with
    a few different stories, but non mentioned who he really
    was.And I'm still confused as to why you are so obsessed with it.
    Daniel: You won't be satisified until I tell you, will you?
    Carolyn: Not at all.
    Daniel: Fine, meet me tonight on the beach.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited April 2021
    @AlexaKry I love seeing your backstory on Haldir and Travis. More comments on your thread.
    hehe, Milton was so cute running over to fish from that spot.

@Turjan LOL at your sims standing right next to the no fishing sign!! :grin:
    There are certainly some interesting sims and stories in your Niua Simoa save.
    Their suits look like they would itch terribly and cause a serious case of chaffing. :lol:

@GraceyManor I guess Ryan believes now. LOL
    Thanks for commenting on the update and Bekka's jacket. :smiley:
    I see more intrigue about the ghost ship. Look forward to more details.

@texxx78 Cute pictures of Kiana.
    Congrats on the wedding!
    wow...I mostly get elder aliens rather than the younger ones.

@Brandontaylor Thanks for commenting on the rainbow pics and my ladies. I do hope you get things going and are able to relax and play.

@Sprottenham Thanks for the comments on the girls I made. :smiley:

@ZhakiraP He does have a great selection of expressions!
    The game really likes that short future blunt cut! :grin:
    She looks much improved.
    lol at her getting pregnant behind your back so to speak. :grin:
    Ephraim is cute, not great traits though.
    Bummer about the deaths, but life goes on.
    Where are everyone? Have they all emigrated to the sims 4 ?
    LOLOLOLOL I dunno about everyone else but work has got me busy.

@Silverofdreams30 thanks for commenting on the ladies. :smiley:
    Love your random shots. Hotttttt! Kisses
    Is that Asher Dunes from ITF? He's a hottie and so is his big brother. :love:
    I should pull those two to use in Supernatural Island.
    Never mind, I see I guessed correctly. Saw the picture you posted for AlexaKry
    You certainly improved Betty's mom! She's gorgeous.
    Love the skating pictures!
    hmmm, my dragons are generally friendly and only eat when provoked. :lol:

@Tamijo I'm playing catch up again. Will comment on your thread.

@Karritz Congrats on the new video.

@LilynWolf I think a lot of us simmers have more than one story. I have several I post about and a couple I just show a few pictures from. I like the name Aspen.

@Sigzy05 Congrats to your sim. I think that is a good fit for him to make Plumbots after graduation.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Hello everybody, I hope this day finds you well.

@GraceyManor Thanks. Yes, Mountain Lake is a very pretty world.
    "Harvey" is from 1950, and I guess b&w films aren't very popular today. Isn't the TV series at the base of your story also quite old?

@bekkasan I love your four girls. They are all very unique. :lol: at the campus mascot.
    Thank you, I enjoy playing there. Lots of interesting sims in that world.
    I'm not sure what the wicker stands in for, but yeah, I guess you wouldn't even be able to wear a wicker jacket. Now I wonder what the original material would be. Palm leaves? No idea.

@Brandontaylor No worries about those meteors. Either they are interesting, or you just reload.
    Thank you. Yes, Robert-Michel has nothing to worry about anymore. Last Sunday's writer's check was more than 57,000 simoleons, and the return from investments is not far behind.

@ZhakiraP :lol: Joachim probably tells his (probably imaginary) psychiatrists that he's surrounded by madwomen who annoy him by dying on him.
    Thanks. That royal family is special, indeed :smile: .
    "No one seem murderous so I leave them be." :lol: I can see why this is worth mentioning.
    Very interesting family, and your pics look much crisper than mine.
    "He will be missed. The family inventor." :lol: I assume that's the only reason :wink: .
    Awesome update.

@Silverofdreams30 I see. I never tried to live for longer than a few weeks in OL, so no school for the kids. Some of the adults had to go to work though.
    From behind Asher and your sim, I can see you placed some normal house in OL.
    Thank you very much. Glad you like my save.
    Lots of lovely sims you have in your current game :smile: .

@Tamijo Interesting. I guess Simon Stone is made for "city life". That's great that everyone looks after the babies and toddlers. That doesn't always happen in my game.
    :lol: at Jiro Nara with her juice bar. She seems to be very confident. I don't think I had "my" kids ever do this.
    Beautiful pic of the village again.
    Thank you very much for commenting. Slimming down the islanders is more or less the default setting of NRaas Story Progression. You have to know where to change the setting to prevent that, and I forgot where that one is.
    The Blues are all members of a Rugby team, so you can imagine that they are all fit (there's also the Red family, their traditional opponents).
    Yes, the creator of that world did a very good job at making it interesting.

@AlexaKry Thanks a lot, you are too kind.
    "hahaha, your save is just sooo interesting! The characters are one better than the other!"
    Just keep in mind that all these characters and their backstories were done by the maker of this world. And that includes Robert-Michel :smile: .
    Don't underestimate the old king. His wife may have been the mean-spirited one (she died too early for a pic), but he was the one who set up this conglomerate of legitimate and criminal businesses. They own both, one as the front for the other. Also, all of them have the French cultural trait. I guess that's supposed to show how sophisticated they are in their tastes and manners :lol: .
    Kurt, Princess Elesabeti II.'s later husband, may be good-looking, but Elesabeti is only 12 days older (out of a 235 day lifespan) than he is. Also, she has one aspect that makes her suitors look past her looks: power. In the end, I don't think Kurt was frightened, he was probably just pondering what he could get away with with his brother-in-law. The Story Progression personality modules are quite good at matching the right sims to the right roles (Big Joe as the thug, Henry II. as the town's kingpin), and you know what Kurt became? The town's "Baron". He goes to sims that struggle with debt and pushes them into ridiculous loan contracts, which ends up with him squeezing the last dime out of the poorest in town, "repossessing" their furniture and pushing them into something like indentured servitude. He's completely fine with his childish Elesabeti II., the queen who lets him get away with whatever he wants.
    Kurt's dad is an elder, so it's hard to judge his looks from that. But you got me: I edited a few details of most islanders, and unfortunately I made them a bit less unique in the process. The sims use slider settings outside of the normal range, and their faces sit very low, far lower than you can go with 1x sliders. As soon as I edit something, they snap back.
    In the original state, they look very unique, like here one of the Sevele's:
    9cqEXCY.jpg
    Unfortunately, you can also see these artifacts around the nose (may be due to the skin I use, who knows), which is something I don't like that much. Or here one of the Mau boys; the eyes are only where the glasses are because of the angle of the shot, otherwise the face sits too low for glasses.
    LelH7E6.jpg
    Anyway, that's why I edited most sims.
    Oh, Mae's dream husband just married this woman, who seems to be one of the creator's favorites (she's an elder who doesn't age):
    MW8Arh3.jpg
    Anyway, Story Progression will slim down every sim who is no Couch Potato, so that takes away much of the flair after a while. For example, Henry II. looks much less intimidating when he only weighs half:
    39KIDKA.jpg
    This is Queen Elesabeti II. at the moment, about a couple of days away from elder:
    WKmM0Gt.jpg
    The guy is her only son with Kurt, the crown prince Scott, who just turned YA.
    The vampires are a stand-in for some kind of sim that returned from the ghosts in the culture Niua Simoa is based on. From a description: "Kuia are wise old female ancestors. The kuia of Niua Simoa are revered women who must not rest as other dead due to an ancient makutu (curse)." And their names must not be uttered.
    Why they keep their weight? Because they are homeless and SP can for that reason not reach them and slim them down :smiley: .
    Glad you like the island. As this is all content by the creator, you can just download and play it yourself whenever you want.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Robert-Michel and the family thought it would be nice to visit the stylist and look for some new outfit.
    4KvsSRQ.jpg
    Then again, it also seemed to be a nice day to go fishing.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 : Thank you for your links to see which Sims you are playing with. I have to say that your versions of this Sims from ITF look much better than they look normally!
    At least I know why I haven´t noticed them, because I went maybe 4 or 5 times to the future since ITF came out so I don´t know these Sims very good.
    Thank you for the close-up. He is a really handsome looking teen!
    I loove this hair btw, it looks so cool on the Sims I think!!

@ZhakiraP : playing Sims 4? No way! :D
    Firstly: The Sims 4 play you, not you play The Sims 4.
    Secondly: You can´t "play" Sims 4, you can just sit and watch what the Sims do, because the AI so awful and crappy.
    Thirdly: Who likes to play a game which looks so awful, so cheap????

I forgot that Joachim has a dad! Good for Ephraim that Robert came to his birthday party as well!! (both, father and son are really good looking vampires!)
    Poor Ephraim doesn´t get the best trait combination for aging up.... but it seems to help to get to know the interesting vampires!
    Ephraim is in awe. What an awesome sim!
    Ephraim is also easily impressed.
    51127427540_9f5a0683a3_k.jpg
    Getting to socialize with both Joachim and Richard was the highlight of his birthday. It didn´t matter that he was awkward, they hardly noticed him anyway.
    51126369199_d6c0086df2_k.jpg
    It gave him the chance to study his idols up close.
    51126184462_7df17d07df_k.jpg
    One day he would be just like Joachim. Or Richard. Or both.
    51127427490_817d102396_k.jpg
    He should stand by his dreams!!!

Ephrain seems to be a fun to play, the facces he pulls are so sweet, adorable and funny.
    Who is now the leader of the house after the two deaths? Or did Nina made a new deal with Grim?

I haven´t really noticed before cause I´ve focused on the faces of your Sims and on the story, do you use a hight slider Mod?

@Turjan : hehehe, I see that this world you play in has all this Sims you are talking about already placed in it.
    There is so much diversion in their looks.... :D
    They alone are veeeery interesting, but it is your discription of them and your playstyle (and SP´s) that´s making them even more interesting!
    The queen is 12 days older (out of a 235 day lifespan) than her husband Kurt.... Isn´t that lots of years in "real"?
    :D so she chose wisely for her husband it seems! That this sweet and innocent boy became the Baron is hard to believe! But one shouldn´t go by the looks of someone, hm? Was he already a mean person or did he get mean (and the Baron) because of the influence of his wife´s family?
    Ah bummer that SP slims them all down, they´ll lose their uniqueness then, Henry II doesn´t look like himself anymore.
    But little queenie looks as herself, even slimmed down, especially with this grin on her face! :D
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: hello
    :) Smile!

edited April 2021
    My computer is freezing and is overheating for some reason, turned it on and the temp is 65.:/ aarons won't repair it for me.
    Took a peak inside my desktop...Dust bunnies galore, think its time for a cleaning lol.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited April 2021
    My computer is freezing and is overheating for some reason, turned it on and the temp is 65.:/ aarons won't repair it for me.
    Took a peak inside my desktop...Dust bunnies galore, think its time for a cleaning lol.

In Celsius? Oh my goodness! I just googled it - That's almost 150 Fahrenheit! :worried: I hope you can figure that out! (Editing to add: My desktop stays around 73-75 fahrenheit, I also have a humidity monitor beside it, but I barely understand what it means lol)
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
    edited April 2021
    polrbear wrote: »

In Celsius? Oh my goodness! I just googled it - That's almost 150 Fahrenheit! :worried: I hope you can figure that out! (Editing to add: My desktop stays around 73-75 fahrenheit, I also have a humidity monitor beside it, but I barely understand what it means lol)

I cleaned it out, the temp is 43 Celcious now and 60 while gaming.These days, the optimal CPU temperature for gaming should not exceed 176°F (80°C) and on average, should run anywhere between 167°-176°F (75°-80°C). In certain situations, CPUs do have the potential to run a little hotter, though.
    edited April 2021
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Carolyn: Good evening.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Daniel: I'm so glad you agreed to come...Come with me.
    Carolyn: Where are we going?
    Daniel: You'll see, my dear.

They boarded a ship that did not seem to fit in with its surroundings,
    to Carolyn, it felt like something from the past.

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Carolyn: Is it it true? Did you kill your brother and wife?
    Daniel: I see you figured it out after all.
    Carolyn: It made sense...Did you?

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Daniel: That depends...Are you going to leave if I open up?

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Carolyn: Of course not, I just want to learn more about you.
    Daniel: You really mean that?
    Carolyn: Of course I do.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Daniel gazed off into the foggy seas, completely lost in
    his own thought.
    Daniel: Its true.....I was a fool for believing she would
    would hurt me like that, I let my emotions get the best
    of me and I killed them.I deserved the fate I got.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Carolyn: You obviously regret your choices.I won't judge you
    for past mistakes, you've obviously changed over the years.
    Don't keep punishing yourself for it, you've already been punished
    enough.
    Daniel: Thank you...I mean it, its nice to have someone listen
    and not judge me....
    Daniel stepped closer to Carolyn...

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Until her cellphone rang.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Carolyn: Martha?
    Candy(In background): Man the lifeboats! we're going down.
    Carolyn: What on earth is going on?
    Martha: We're sinking that's what going on, all the pipes in
    this place has busted, she's taking on water fast.
    Candy: Should I put my swimsuit on? Do I need a life jacket?
    Martha: (to candy): Just get buckets!
    Carolyn: I'll be there shortly.

Screenshot-13.jpg
    Carolyn: I'm sorry...
    Daniel: Its alright, my dear.I'll bring you back.
    Carolyn: Thank you...

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Carolyn: What on earth did you do?
    Candy: Auntie, Its like the Titanic!.
    Carolyn: All hands on deck...Candy you mop, martha
    please try to fix the sink, I'll handle the shower.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Carolyn: I'm sorry to make you do that.
    Daniel: No need to apologize, I'm happy to help.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited April 2021
    @AlexaKry

Thank you, happy to hear you like my versions better.
    The originals are indeed handsome too, I use a skin that @emorrill
    has used in her game a long time, Eskin Fresh default to give them a
    more realistic touch.

@Turjan

Yep, the schooling works well in Oasis Landing, I do return my sims
    to the present when they wish for it. Yes, I have a few normal lots
    placed down as well.

@bekkasan

Thank you, glad you are enjoying it's my save I play when I'm a bit busy
    to do the story save. I should post a new chapter soon.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Last time I played, I still had problems with the Mods. I haven't played since Sunday (The ESL drama has been quite interesting)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

@Turjan I love your game! Finally the loopy outfits created by the game goes relatively unnoticed, outmatched by your characters! :D<3
    Oh, it seems as if the queen has lost an awful amount of weight. I think SP is allergic to overweight inactives. It had Judy Bunch nearly vanish completely she lost so much weight in my Sunset game.

@bekkasan I hope they let you off work at times :p

@AlexaKry
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    playing Sims 4? No way! :D
    Firstly: The Sims 4 play you, not you play The Sims 4.
    Secondly: You can´t "play" Sims 4, you can just sit and watch what the Sims do, because the AI so awful and ❤️❤️❤️❤️.
    Thirdly: Who likes to play a game which looks so awful, so cheap????

So, not a complete fan of the sims 4? :D:#>:)
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    Ephraim seems to be a fun to play, the facces he pulls are so sweet, adorable and funny.
    Who is now the leader of the house after the two deaths? Or did Nina made a new deal with Grim?
    I haven´t really noticed before cause I´ve focused on the faces of your Sims and on the story, do you use a hight slider Mod?

Ephraim is great.
    Leader? Joachim is the eldest, even if he is just a young adult, and the scariest, so that would be him.
    I use height mods. Do you?
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
    edited April 2021
    Random save shots

JvWOHQ4.jpg

Ujcty6v.jpg

Liz ended up pregnant again, and they had a 3rd child together with another daughter,
    named Jolina.

9JfP1mh.jpg

kzaBWAK.jpg

ILX6UqM.jpg

4nacOdd.jpg

Jolina aged up from baby to toddler.

o3YHCyd.jpg

Sibling photo, they did this automatically.

oxI7Ok4.jpg

dC4zQTj.jpg

ybQPzcN.jpg

FgADy4h.jpg

jZX0x0b.jpg

Wyll asked Zoe Durwood to be his girlfriend, they went to prom together.

All for now

• ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited April 2021
    Raggington Relevart family:
    A killing spree

Gasp!! :o
    51126184827_7e2a0ca60e_h.jpg

So, Holly died. After the initial surprise Joachim was rather pleased with himself.
    51126368759_7b3af56fad_h.jpg
    51126184787_5214be13d1_h.jpg

Grim: Again?!
    Joachim: I dunno, she´s frail that one.
    51127427235_6b05a87cd6_k.jpg

Grim: Sorry mate, but she is far to entertaining to die.
    51126368949_5e27d9a2e4_k.jpg
    51127427215_916275ab3f_h.jpg

Joachim decided to examine Holly, to find out what made her special.
    51126527138_8289b0bc00_h.jpg
    Hmmmm...
    51126527118_007fad5ccc_h.jpg
    You have always been accident-prone, you say? Hmm...
    51126184717_b0934d242e_k.jpg

At the same time, over at Richard´s house, he just accidentally killed his girlfriend, the alien Oorangia, the mother of his infant son Ronan:

Grim: Let me guess, you killed her.
    Richard: I only had just a sip and she dropped like a stone.
    No reaction at all. He just: Meh, she died.
    51126184387_64e18a03a9_k.jpg

Richard: Look at her, I think she´s dead.
    Grim: What do you people want from me?!
    51127427190_a983d5a4a0_h.jpg

Grim: She´s dead and that´s that. I won´t give her back.
    Richard: Ok, guess she´s dead then.
    51126184637_fdcb038da7_h.jpg

The family relocated to Moonlight Falls. After Oorangia´s death the aliens on Bellatrix caught on to Richard´s and Joachim´s occult status and rumors started go around.

Second day in the newly built house:

Joachim: Gasp!!!
    Ephraim: Mother!!
    51126368879_738331b8d0_k.jpg

Grim: She´s dead. Again. Looking straight at Joachim.
    Joachim: It´s not my fault!
    51126527058_90e1924bb7_k.jpg

Joachim: I feel so sad!
    Plumbot: Why. are. everyone. leaking. water. from. their. eyes?
    Ephraim: Why did this happen!!!!!?
    Grim: Holly, your constant misfortune amuses me and those around you. It would be a shame to take that priceless entertainment from them. I´ll take you some other day. (Who is entertained? Really, do you see anyone who seem entertained?).
    51126184547_35c91e8b28_k.jpg

Joachim: Oh, what the h*ll! Again?!
    51127427115_1c573b1896_k.jpg

Joachim: Haha! Marvelous prank! I totally knew he would bring you back! Funny, eh Holly, eh??!!
    Ok, one sim is entertained. The child is definitely not. Not entertained at all.
    51127427100_ab20df20b7_k.jpg

So many deaths, only Richard scored.

53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@Silverofdreams30
    Thanks for comment
    Funny the sim with two (or more) shades of green hair
    Jolina is very cute
    Wyll asked Zoe looks as if made for each other.

@Turjan
    Thanks for comment
    Maybe you never placed an outside children’s sales?
    Oh, so sad the SP auto slim down, should accept that fact that not everyone looks the same.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 49 – 2nd Dawning – Special (31th August 2727)
    I feel you - Each move you make - I feel you - Each breath you take
    Where angels sing - And spread their wings - My love's on high - You take me home
    To glory's throne - By and by - This is the morning of our love - It's just the dawning of our love
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50cxqD9AMM

It was the last night of August, Simon had packed down the small things he would keep from his time I “Greg’s River” including his guitar and the typewriter. He would leave with the traders in the early morning.
    In the nearby Mercier household Magdalena Mercier gave Pierre the last bottle, and put him in the crib. Magdalena seemed unusually pleased this night, smiling and singing a lullaby.

1CMJx1j.jpg

It is a mystery how she could have known Simon was about to leave. He had not told anyone. Only himself and God knew what was about to happen.
    Never the less she took on a light hooded sweatshirt, went to his house, entered and without mush hesitation gave him a deep kiss.

BPGPsUZ.jpg

They did not say much, no a mention of the months that have passed without any sigh of interest from any of them. They just looked at each other with a mutual understanding and desire. A 2nd Dawning of love.

xJmnJxN.jpg

They did not let go of each other, was getting hotter and hotter in Simons small cottage. Deep looks into each other’s eyes, touches and kisses. Making out still standing in the middle of the room.

4YDS8yp.jpg

Luckily, they used the bed for remaining part of the act, sparing me the “metaphoric” pictures of water and erupting volcanoes

b9GaN1n.jpg

It was no bing bang ramashang, I’m out of here.
    Magdalena was in the highest of moods, haven’t seen her this happy ever before, she was certainly not going to leave right after this.

PGBVnHw.jpg

She gave him a good massage and then asked him to put on some clothes and follow her outside.

144ZlPF.jpg

She wanted him to see the stary night, wanted them to enjoy a silent, beautiful moment together

HhymhXp.jpg

They went back in together and continued with kissing, hugging and whispering sweet words.

iwb7Stc.jpg

It is now 4.30 AM, Magdalena was getting hungry and took an instant soup. As we have now been in September for some time, we got to leave the lovebirds here. Will just mention she has been in 100% red tiredness for several hour but she just won’t let go of the moment.

kryP9sB.jpg

Editorial:
    All the pictures are in the order they were taken, this is what happened in-game
    I had already planned for him to leave, taking the screen shots of him used in the previous episode. Had even found the Zeppelin song, before I saw this happened. So was fun to split the “month” one more time to create some suspense. Also, because it “technically” happens “over midnight” so normally would belong in two episodes.
    A know it may seem hard to believe for some, but all this was 100% autonome.

Right after the act of love, Magdalena took a brief moment to look over at her parent’s house. Maybe wondering if her child was ok, maybe just thinking about what the future might bring. We will never know.

IVFnZFj.jpg

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
    @Silverofdreams30 : yes, I have read that you use this skin and I like it, but your Sims don´t look better than before just because you use the skin! ;)
    They all look very good!!!!
    o3YHCyd.jpg

Sibling photo, they did this automatically.
    At least they like each other and don´t fight! :D

What a beautiful picture!
    Ujcty6v.jpg

@ZhakiraP : I don´t like The Sims 4 AT ALL!
    And before someone now feels the need to defend it by saying that I don´t have any idea of how "good" 4 is: I can. I´ve bought not only the base game but a few of it´s "expansions" and the various different pack, however they are called now.
    I´ve bought it to see with my own eyes how good or bad the game was..... It was just bad. The first thing I had to do after playing a few hours of a Sim day was googling for Mods to make this game even playable!
    Ok, I was used to use mods to get a better game performance, because I need the NRaas Mods to clean my game and to have a smoother gameplay... My Sims 3 game runs as soft and good like melted garlic butter running down a big tasty steak, so to say. (sorry all vegans and veggies, I really try to reduce my meat consumption!!).
    But SIms 4? You need not only Mods for performance, my Sims 4 game wasn´t even playable at some point, the Sims just stood somewhere and didn´t respond to my orders. You couln´t reset them, the game ran further on but the Sims were stuck.... (I don´t know if this bug was evicted now because I don´t care at all about that crappy game anymore....)
    No, I had to download soooo many Mods which helped with the behavior of the Sims. I had to stop soooo much annoying behavior that my mods folder got bigger (much bigger) than my Sims 3 mods folder in just a few hours!
    But even with that Mods the Sims behaved sooo annoying, so awfully same, they move so inhuman, so comical....and mostly didn´t respond to my orders at all.
    The Sims 4 game is really bad in my opinion.
    And I didn´t even start about the art style, which I dislike from the bottom of my heart. It´s too bright, too un-detailed, too comical (but the cheap comical style, you know?)
    Sorry, didn´t want to write so much, but you´ve asked for! :D

No, I don´t use a hight Mod in my game. I don´t know how many animations will be shifted and won´t fit anymore. So I hesitate to use it.
    Do you use just one hight slider or do you use the growing height Mod as well, where the children and teens grow on their own?

hahaha, Joachim and Holly have a lot of uupsies, right? She must know Grim very well by now!
    So many good pictures of Joachim, his face is great! But can he take off his glasses at some time? I want to see his whole beautiful, sorry Joachim, cruel face.
    Oh poor Holly, does she interact with Joachim at free will? Or is she somehow under his will?
    LOL !!! Like son like father!!!
    Their uupsies should be punished at some point... they can´t kill all their friends and family......
    The look on the Enoch´s face is priceless! :D

@Tamijo : comments on your thread!
    @AlexaKry

Thank you for the comment, yeah not only cause of the skin hehe.
    I heard Ashers older brother is good looking, need to check him out.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Gracious! I've fallen behind again...

@bekkasan
    I guess Milton figured if he's in the bushes and he can't see the no fishing sign, he can fish. :smiley:
    ^Ha ha! :lol: I didn't even know there were "No fishing" signs in the game. How bad is that!? :open_mouth: In my defense though I don't send my sims fishing much...
    ----
    Oooh the 4 gals you were creating! :grin: They are all beautiful. <3
    Right on fixing the dock for the kiddos. 👍
    4 gal pals going gambling! :lol: I removed all the casino stuff from my game since I don't hardly use it, but maybe someday I'll add it back in.

@Silverofdreams30 Sorry I missed that his name is Felix. :( I don't have ITF in my game so I know nothing about the Oasis Landing townies. :p
    ----
    Adorable kissing teens. <3
    Felix's hair...I imagine that comes with ITF? Darn! :p (Someday I'll add it to my game...I will. ;) )
    Cute ice skating and stargazing pics. <3
    Jolina is an adorable toddler. :blush:
    Sounds like you are having so much fun in your random save. I'm glad. <3 Have you thought more on Gwen's story while playing it? ;);)

@AlexaKry That's so sad about Travis being afraid of him mom. :cry: How often is that going on in homes all over the world? :pensive: (Sad about the other thing that happened too...)
    OMGosh! All his sad faces you captured. :cry:
    Don't blame him for sneaking out to the game. I would have!
    Sounds like he has a good Uncle and maybe he should live with him.
    Yay he let Travis stay the night! :star:
    ah, bummer, I hoped for some kind of comic, with some speech bubbles here and there! :D:p
    I´ve nearly made it to the end of your story, it´s such a good read!
    ^Lol! :lol: Comics aren't my strong suit. :p
    Thank you. <3<3

@Turjan
    Looking forward to the big reveal then :smiley: .
    ^Yay. :blush:
    Mean-spirited, hot-headed, inappopriate... What's not to love? And for some unfathomable reason single. :lol:
    ^LOLOLOL! :joy:
    "Juice-addict" - :lol: Why am I laughing at that? It's so not funny when you think about it...but combining sims stuff to real life stuff always makes me chuckle. I love what people come up with. :mrgreen:
    Robert-Michel met Kurt's mother as one of the first persons in town. I guess she falls into the category "exotic beauty".
    ^ :lol::joy: Boy you're killing me here!!!
    Okay the wicker pattern does NOT belong on clothes! :confounded: imho
    Pretty picture of Elesabeti on the beach there. <3
    Definitely post more. I was enjoying that! :smiley:
    That outfit on Robert-Michel. :lol:

@texxx78 Enjoyed your posts. :)
    Actually the last alien I ran into was an Elder. I hadn't seen one before that either. :)

@GraceyManor Poor Ryan catching on fire. :(
    Hmm, me thinks the Doc secretly wants Carolyn. If that's the case she shouldn't be his client anymore. :grimace: I also think Daniel senses that.
    Though I will say Ryan looks good without a shirt on! :love:
    Gee Ryan, tuning pansy already? What about all that advice you gave Carolyn?? You should follow it. :p
    I was right, Daniel sensed stuff. :mrgreen:
    ----
    Thanks for sharing that link with me. :smiley: Some cool cc in there that I can use in my Medieval save! :star: Bookmarked!
    ----
    Of course Carolyn is going to do some research. ;) The book floating set up was clever. :grin:
    He wants her to meet him at the beach that evening, hmm? :smirk: Might he attempt something while also telling her the story?
    ----
    Yeah you gotta keep track of those dust bunnies inside your computer because they breed fast! :grimace: (Just like real bunnies! :joy: )
    ----
    Wow that was quite the revelation. :open_mouth:
    That was so sweet what Carolyn said to him. <3
    Ugh! The cell phone ruining the moment! :lol:
    Nice set up making it look like water was all over the ship too. :) You're having fun with this story aren't you? ;)

@Brandontaylor Dang driver updates. :confounded: But I'm glad to hear you could play the Titanic demo without it crashing now.
    ----
    Thanks for going back and reading my story. <3 Take your time. No rush. I know it's been crazy lately for you.
    Regarding the Titanic game:
    I guess they had to drop the story they had planned though,
    ^Why was that again? I think you mentioned it before and I got curious. I sure hope it doesn't have to do with any political reasons. :unamused: You know how our world is these days...
    The game sounds freaking amazing!!! :star: I wanna get it someday! I've always been fascinated with the Titanic. :)
    Thanks for all the reply comments. <3 Have fun reinstalling Sims. :blush: Hang in there!
    emorrill Tried running the Titanic demo again today after it seemed okay last night. No crashes today either so I think all I needed to do was the updates. I'm going to make sure its okay, but things look good.
    ^Oh awesome! :star: Glad to hear it. :)
    Ugh your game disks won't work on your computer? :cry: That stinks! In this case, thank goodness for Origin (and Steam).

@Sprottenham Yay you saw my tag to you earlier! :smiley: (People don't get mine a lot for some strange reason so, thanks for the tag back. :) )

@ZhakiraP Your Raggington Relevart family story is so entertaining. :lol:
    Oh gosh, Elsa looks 1000x better after your makeover! (I'm not a fan of that hair she originally had. :p ) Congrats on her pregnancy.
    That scowl from Enoch! :lol:
    Happy Birthday Ephraim. :)
    Joachim has this mysterious sexiness to him. <3
    RIP Nina and Darwin. :(
    Where are everyone? Have they all emigrated to the sims 4 ?
    ^LOL! :joy: I'm pretty sure not - I hope not :flushed: j/k. I think a lot of us have just gotten real busy lately. Times have been a little rough over here with hubby still looking for a job so it can weigh me down and make me not feel motivated to do much. I've been giving most of my attention to my story lately. :)
    ----
    Grim: Again?!
    Joachim: I dunno, she´s frail that one.
    ^Ha ha! :lol: Joachim's expression was perfect there! :star:
    Ooooh, seeing him shirtless. :love:
    Holly dies a lot! :lol: So, will Grim just never reap sims with...what unfortunate trait is that again? I wonder if you are testing that out. ;)

@Tamijo Ah, some Led Zeppelin. :smirk: (The guitar strumming with the drums there. Love it!) Good song. :) There's only a select few songs of theirs I like, but I haven't fully explored all their music yet either so that will probably change. ;)
    Poor Simon... :(
    Glad folks are enjoying the creative institute. :)
    We can see that this is a small community, the villagers are generally great at taking care of each other. Whenever a mother is out of reach, someone else will take over.
    ^Sometimes I wish times were still like that... "It takes a village" kind of thing you know?
    Aww, Terry and Norma. <3<3
    GORGEOUS sunset pic! :love: I may have to steal it. :p
    Always nice to hear your thoughts on the music, not many comments on that.
    ^I know! What's up with that?? ;):p Anyway, you're welcome and thanks. <3
    ----
    Ha ha a Depeche Mode song! :joy: Were you reading my convo to DivaDoodle about them on her story thread? If you haven't yet, you need to go back and check that out. :p "I Feel You" is a good one, hubby really likes "Enjoy The Silence." When I was dying for love back in my teen days, the guy I was crushing on told me about their song "Somebody" and I could SO relate. (Because he was that somebody I wanted...) :lol: Ah, memories.
    Okay this was a HOT post! :smiley: You know I like me some romance so right on! I love that Magdalena had this innate sense that Simon was leaving and just had to go over and express her true feelings. <3<3 He can't leave now!!! Don't make him do it! ;)

@Karritz Burning the midnight oil you are lady? :grin: I bet you have tons of fun making these videos. :blush:

@Sigzy05 Welcome back! :grin: Enjoyed your post. :)

@Puddinroy Hello hello. :) How have you been?

Finally caught up! Whew!

Happy Simming friends! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill
    Nice set up making it look like water was all over the ship too. :) You're having fun with this story aren't you?

Yeah! I am, I love the show one of my favorites.
    I was trying to make the ship appear like a ghost ship.
    Unfortunately, the stuff wasn't recolorable, improvise.XD
    LOL Ryan's a big coward.XD
    Ugh! The cell phone ruining the moment!

LOL typical cellphone.
    edited April 2021
    @emorrill

No worries, I only wrote his last name thought that was Finn his first name lol. :D

Yep, more Gwen soon just been busy prepping for my re exam, which I did yd hopefully ok this time. My random save I play as a relaxing one when busy.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    edited April 2021
    @emorrill I seem to be addicted to making the videos. I will get over it eventually. At the moment I'm trying to complete my the 30 Grandchildren Badge series. I have already completed The Isla Paradiso Bunch. It could continue with another playlist but that depends on interest of others watching it and my available time. I want to advance Oscar's series of videos at least until he marries Louise and they have a few babies. Then the McFluff Story is a really long term story. Not sure how long that will continue for. Same with Perfect Genetics. I'd love to complete it but it needs to go for 10 generations and it is only just starting Generation 2. But I could try the same approach as I am doing for 30 Grandchildren with it and just play it and make videos until the generations are all done.

Anyhow - here are some pictures from my play this morning. I loaded Episode 29 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt a couple of days ago. This is the beginning of Episode 30. Not much of this is on video as it's mainly just them getting skills but some of it will be in the next video. The thing is, I need them to learn skills so I can send them to live back in Cake Island so I need to get them skilled. Also, I need to make them learn skills or this game will get bogged down and go nowhere fast.

However, watching Sims read books isn't all that much fun, especially if you're watching a video. So I try to get them to read while I'm not recording a video. However, this morning's play session has had them all doing different things so I did record bits of this. Here's the screen shots I got.

At the end of Episode 29 video the entire household went to the Spring Festival to collect festival eggs. It was a very frustrating search as mostly they searched exclusively in places where there were no eggs. They did manage to collect a few eggs. I discovered on their return home much later that Clara had managed to pick up a Fancy Festival Egg so that was nice. I didn't see her pick up any eggs but with 11 of them it wasn't possible to keep an eye on any of them all the time.

So at the start of Episode 30 they are still dancing at the Spring Festival. Except for Lionel - he's playing horseshoes.

Spring-Festival-Great-Southern-Land001.jpg

Several of them had a wish to buy a Bonehilda Coffin so I got one for them. I like to click the 'dice' button sometimes and that's what I did with this coffin. I thought the effect was interesting. A lot of things that can't be recoloured with the recolouring tool can be given random colours and patterns if the dice is clicked when in Buy Mode.

Bonehilda Awakens
    Bonehilda-Awakens001.jpg

Next morning I sent Rachael to the Spring Festival alone and she collected ALL of the available Festival Eggs. She came home with one fancy egg and one Spring Gnome.

I added a side table to the Common Room and placed the two Fancy eggs on it. Rachael got the Freezer Bunny egg and Clarice the red egg.

Fancy-Festival-Eggs001.jpg

I didn't get screen shots, but several of them had a wish to collect seeds. I sent them to the Greenhouse to collect seeds. While there Clara kept wanting to collect more seeds so I let her do that. When everyone was back at home Clarice and Rachael started planting their seeds. Unfortunately neither of them could plant any other than Common seeds so they set to work gardening to get their gardening skill up. They are currently at level 6 so can plant Uncommon Seeds. Mostly though, they collected Special and Rare seeds so it'll be a while before they can plant them.

Here are the two Imaginary Friends made real gardening.

Clara-And-Rachel-Gardening001.jpg

Rachel-And-Clara-Gardening001.jpg

The garden is growing. By the time I have it filled up they will have enough gardening skill to not need to garden any more. But, of course new Imaginary Friends made real will be coming to stay in the future and they will benefit from this effort.

Eventually there were no plants needing tending, and Jack had picked a pumpkin so he sat down in the middle of the garden and carved it.
    Jack-Carves-APumpkin001.jpg

After gardening for a while Lionel and Mark went upstairs to sit in their kitchen and read some recipes and fishing books. I think they are probably just reading recipes as not many of the household members have any fishing skill yet. I'll have to get to work on that soon.

Lionel-And-Mark-Reading001.jpg

I discovered Wilfred telling a ghost story. Only Karen was interested and sat and listened. Jack was happy watching Clarice playing the piano.

Wilfred-Telling-Ghost-Story001.jpg

Not much has been happening between Wilfred and Wendy so far today. Wendy doesn't have a very high level at anything but she's managed to get to level 3 or a little above in most necessary skills. She'd got to level 7 in fishing and gardening so she's ready to get married. I need to record video of her and Wilfred visiting some of the local venues. I added the Ice Lounge which came with one of the expansions, I think, can't remember which one. I had a look inside and it doesn't seem very inspiring but I might send this couple there for a few minutes to see what it's like at a Sim's eye view.

Wilfred's not showing much interest in befriending the cat.

That's it from me for now. I might come back later and do some comments on other's posts. So far I just been focusing on giving out Likes and Awesomes.

Happy Simming.
    edited April 2021
    Summer appeared and was sunny and warm and so convincing to just spend your day outside!
    Every Sim in the town was happy and lived a great life.
    Just Travis suffered.
    The morning after he stayed over at Haldir´s house the first time he got up early, sensed that Haldir was busy with Emerson and sneaked out of the house!
    He had a very bad conscience towards Haldir, because he let him stay in his house and was sooo nice to him, but he was his mother´s brother! So Travis didn´t believe that Haldir would believe him at all.
    He sneaked into his room again, his mother didn´t notice that he was gone for the night.
    Winter and spring were as always for him.
    His dad was seldom at home, if he was he just sat at the piano and composed or he was sleeping in his coffin. Travis never saw his parents interact much with each other but he wasn´t interested in them anymore.
    He had to stay at home a lot, closed in the crypt under their home, his mum got more and more angry at him during the weeks that followed the game.
    One day she asked him where his bike was and he thought: "🐸🐸🐸🐸, I´ve left it at the stadium weeks ago!"
    He told her that he didn´t know where his bike was, maybe it was stolen?
    "Oh, then today is your lucky day, son!" she spilled every word out like knifes, "your uncle has brought it back to me. He said-"
    "What did Haldir?" he interrupted her.
    "Why did you know that it was Haldir who brought it back?" she asked with a strange expression. "You have two more uncles. And why don´t you say uncle, he is so much better than you, you little-"
    bRrKFI0.jpg
    HeF6P6d.jpg
    Q6j1fvc.jpg
    "Yeah, I know mother, I am such a bad person, son, human being, nuisance, I get it-" he said with a tired old voice.
    BANG! His head was thrown backwards. "Not in this voice, my dear!" she told him. "You little sh-"
    "What, what am I, mother, hm?" Travis had enough. He was so fed up by her and her behavior against him and his situation. "Let´s talk about what you are. And don´t try to hit me ever again. I warn you!"
    "YOU WARN ME?" she said with a voice full of anger, but with a little doubt, as well. "YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO WARN ME?? SHALL I SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WARN ME?" and she wanted to hit him again.
    But he grabbed her hitting hand and stopped her from hitting him again.
    "This is my last warning, mother, if you ever hit me again I´ll hit back! You have hid me enough!"
    Hallie looked into her son´s eyes and she could see how serious he was.
    "I didn´t hit you and I didn´t want to hit you. It´s all your interpretation of-"
    "My interpretation? MY INTERPRETATION?" now even Travis got louder. "Shall I show you MY INTERPRETATION and it´s scars? Shall I tell you how many days I had to wear long sleeves in school because of the bruises I had? I´ve counted the days, mother, I´ve counted them as soon as I could count, which I didn´t learn in school, btw, because as you can clearly remember that I wasn´t allowed to go to school the first years, right?"
    Hallie wasn´t ready to give up. "You better watch about your next words, my son or-"
    "Or what? Would you lock me up in the crypt again? Try to do it and you´ll face the consequences..."
    He let he arm go. "Did he said where he found it, the bike I mean?"
    "No, he didn´t and I am not interested in it anymore. Go leave me, I don´t want to see you anymore!"
    "Oh mother, this is exactly what I don´t want to do either."
    He went up to his room, trembling with anger.
    cHGQiAy.jpg
    8R59aFi.jpg

This is just the beginning of the new update, here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950668/meet-the-helmquists-a-sims-3-story#latest
    is the rest, if you´ve liked it.
    Post edited by AlexaKry on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I didn't get everything reinstalled yet due to my slow internet but I did at least get the base game downloaded and my CC put in. I'll start downloading expansions as I have time but here is a throwaway save I played with Claire Ursine.

LRUIcxS.jpg
    First thing I had Claire do was try and fix her relationship with Jared. Unfortunately, all he and Connor wanted to do was play video games. I kept messing with them by shutting the TV off on them but they just kept going back to it.

u5MIUyQ.jpg
    Claire needed the athletic skill for her job so I decided to have her jog up near the Wolff residence. However, she threw up due to being pregnant, not because of the jogging.

MXFiZKZ.jpg
    After jogging most of the afternoon, this is where Claire got with her weight loss. I didn't care about her weight though, it was just to raise her athletic skill for work. She won't go back until her daughter is born. I am keeping this save, but only for so long and I'm only sharing this here just to have something to share for you all until I get my two stories up again. This will be my main save until everything is reinstalled so you'll see a bit more from it. I'm keeping all expansions turned off until I get them all downloaded, just for this save.

iBVmV6F.jpg?1
    Just for fun, I made her up to look like Fawn from both the Langerak save and the Steel save. Actually, I feel that Fawn is a bit more pretty than her mother but you can judge for yourself.

4YZQ4lP.jpg?1
    Fawn, for comparison.

YU9qtNo.jpg
    A little bit after midnight, Claire got her notice that she is pregnant.

MPrZxVb.jpg
    Jared was in a confrontational mood when Claire went to visit him. This hurt their relationship a little bit.

RKRUsWd.jpg
    However, telling him she was carrying his kid changed the whole conversation. By the time she had to leave because Jared had work, they had became good friends and had just started flirting.

XDxxlbY.jpg
    Claire invited her best friend, River McIrish, over. I played it like Claire babysits River and Sandi while their parents are at work. River seems happy that her "babysitter" is going to have a child.

NW8K5F0.jpg
    Claire wants to get used to having a little one around so she played with Sandi a bit. She also convinced River to do her homework, which she reluctantly did instead of watching television.

qiQejwJ.jpg
    And lastly, Claire did some exercise while River did homework. This is where I left off for the night.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Brandontaylor "she threw up due to being pregnant, not because of the jogging." I lol'd. :tongue:

I've been playing a save, though I don't really intend on mega ultra posting about, I have a couple of pics from it. Also, I gave Veronika a cute look for no reason other than to take pictures of it. :lol: Inspired by some current alt fashion I've seen popping up. :3

Veronika spam under spoiler tag:
    We only cry tears of glitter in this household.
    H3JHTWg.png

DsEEjAj.png

I just thought this one was funny.
    53qfAp1.png

FT9sNEG.png

KwlZpct.png

fvrM7Mf.png

w7zlI7u.png

ZfT1wPx.png

I've been playing a new sim, Kimberly, in Bridgeport (because of course it's in Bridgeport). She's besties with Vlad, who I gave probably the 1000th makeover I've ever given him:
    ipI1M5l.png

I guess I'm not moving fast enough, since Vlad is now dating....wait for it...Aria Trill. Like. Oh. Ummmm...I'm not one to judge, but...Like, Vlad, you know Kim and you chose ARIA TRILL. Bro. Ya done goofed. She's probably like seconds away from becoming grandma-aged. Ya'll don't even have anything in common! Whatever, Beau is cuter anyway. :angry:

Also, I don't think Kim enjoyed her pancakes from the diner.
    cR4Ap1U.png
    *flargscrabble intensifies*

So I played this save for awhile today and I'm enjoying it. My sister recently re-installed The Sims 2 and has been playing a family. We usually talk on Discord once or twice a day, and it's been a lot of fun listening to her yell at her sims. :lol: It reminds me of the good ol' days, when we were teenagers, we'd both play sims on our laptops at the kitchen table together. :cry: I have the best sister. :bawling:

Anyway, time to go convert stuff, get mad at my middle mouse button for acting up, and listen to Last Podcast on the Left (which I highly recommend, by the way. True crime podcast with some much needed comedic relief). See you in 10 years! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top