Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Played on my Lear and Branwen Save.

For some reason the Mods isn't active, so going to have to sort that out. Meanwhile a Community Garden was built, and several kids weren't going to school
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 47 –Staring at The Sun - August 2727 part 1
    Summer stretching on the grass - Summer dresses pass
    In the shade of a willow tree - Creeps are crawling over me
    Over me and over you - Stuck together with God's glue
    It's going to get stickier too
    It's been a long hot summer - Let's get undercover
    Don't try too hard to think - Don't think at all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Gr8Lf2Bzo

Two Birthdays this month in the village. Greg Preston will become 59 years old. John Hallett 19. Nicholás Valiente’s dog Ariko will be 4 this month.

81R3myE.jpg

For the small Birthday celebration Greg bought a new waistcoat at Michiko’s shop. Quite anonymous, far from the typical attention seeker, our village leader.

DNAAKaT.jpg

Brendon and Marble washing machine broke down at the beginning of the month. Marble did the repair a few days later.

iXBZlix.jpg

Armel Mercier comes over to the Preston household, to chat with John Hallett. John gets a bit annoyed with the fact that the old man does not hear well, saying what again and again.

BML4YL8.jpg

A bright August morning. Myra & John enjoys the sunrise together

K3mZe4Q.jpg

On a hot sunny day, can also be quite nice to have no customers. The stylists sunbathing at the Fashion Shop balcony.

1gAbpXI.jpg

Without rebuilding the house. The Beach-Gentry household extended their square meters. Two new rooms upstairs. A relatively simple master bedroom and an extra bathroom.

m0fctdb.jpg
    hxO0zf8.jpg

Anders finished his 2nd book, a short fiction story “Battle Gnomes”, now also Elea Helsby was inspired and starts work on her first book.

1mlVZmc.jpg

A day off, in the rescue workers home, both casual and relaxed.

9wfQZZW.jpg

While mother tend her sales stand, also Jiro Nara opens her small “juice” stand. Later on, that day Botan agrees with the other “Elders”, that Shina's Sales Stand will be better located at the Beach Creative Institute hoping for mutual benefit, if able to attract more visitors to both venues.

56TZfPo.jpg

Mateo Mercier is not good at cleaning in the henhouses, almost always about to throw up due to the harsh smell, but a good boy does what he was told too. He knows, if he lived in “Ent” there would be homework and other awful duties you don’t get here.

VVYpnoi.jpg

Greg went over to Greg’s River Dump to look for anything useful to bring home, but he did not find anything.

mwikVu5.jpg

The trade station was summing with people this month, mostly just coming to chat, read or relax.

Y21C7cC.jpg

The actual trading was delayed by an extensive exchange of flowers between Brendon and Marble. In the end the village leader had to command them to go home and continue their romance in private.
    Just some of the more than ten bouquets changing hands

lunkpza.jpg

Several settlers were occupied with the relocation of Shina's Sales Stand into Beach Creative Institute, after which the old location was rebuild and renamed to Three Blue Benches Park

nbfdy9m.jpg
    1BEnTtf.jpg

Editorial:
    As you might guess from the above, send Brendon and Marble home as it started to look like a flower loop.
    Otherwise, everything autonome.

pxAXbex.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited April 2021
    What happened today is currently CC shopping. So I wanted to run a quick comparison with Elvira with absolutely no CC and some defaults including . And well, I've been thinking its a huuuuge difference now I've went back and redid old defaults.
    z3LsiL5.jpg

CCBd26T.jpg

With a city like this, theres still a lot to do.
    MC0EOS1.jpg

And oh hey, my least favourite Wayne was still here. I forgot the Slayers tucked his grave away in the back of their Starlight Shores home
    Gv1993b.jpeg

I'll definitely have to find the time to let them really rock this town again.
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    ChikamoriSelfacyReboot_banner.png

Chapter Ten - "Satoshi and Molly" (Part Five)

Well, with Yasunobu breathing fire at Satoshi, Satoshi and Molly decided that they'd better look into getting married or they would be toasted over a roasting spit. It wasn't as though Satoshi didn't know this. Even if Yasunobu wasn't primped and stuck-up about it, he held to the old-world Japanese tradition of face which meant you kept your actions in your everyday life as honorable as possible and did nothing to bring shame upon one's family.

To the younger generations, that was easier said than done. Owing as to emotions and hormones running rampant. But Satoshi was nearly fifty: so what was his problem? Evidently he hadn't grown up yet. With at least twenty-five years left to go, let's just say that he didn't have much time left to get it right.

Anyhow being born in 1940 Satoshi had gone through the war as a baby and coming out the end as a five year old. Which meant for him that life was meant to be enjoyed.

Yasunobu on the other hand born in 1934 was six years old when the war started for him and eleven when the war ended which gave him a very different view of what life should be. Because he had spent most of the war providing for his brothers and his mother. His view was that life and time should not be squandered; that every moment wasted was a moment that couldn't be recovered. For him study was important, because it meant the chance at a better life.
    Screenshot-95.jpg
    Though he wasn't anywhere as psycho as Mayumi, he was displeased when Haruo squandered time and was exceedingly proud of him when he demonstrated academic prowess.
    Screenshot-120.jpg
    The upshot of Yasunobu's decision was that Satoshi and Molly needed to get married in three days time and not waste any more time for the children to go to university by their indecision.

Well that was that. And Satoshi capitulated, knowing that he had to accede to the wishes of the head of the household.
    Screenshot-96.jpg
    So the next three days were a whirlwind of wedding preparations in any case so that they were able to go ahead and get married and for Yasunobu, the only thing that would satisfy him was a public declaration of marriage so that tongues didn't wag about those wanton Chikamoris and their propensity to have children out of wedlock. That would not go over well with Yasunobu at all.

Mayumi, if the hated old bat was still around would be throwing tantrums about how Molly didn't deserve to become a famy member and that they deserved to be excommunicated from the family for the shame they'd brought to them all.

However family blood ties were important to Yasunobu and a stern castigation as opposed to throwing the poor bum on the street was warranted. Any thing more severe than a harsh talking to on the subject of family honour was overboard.

And so, with three days to plan and execute the wedding, things went into overdrive. After all the destination was in the family back-yard which meant the poor dogs would have their houses and food bowls removed to a different spot in the yard and a wedding arch would be set up for Molly and Satoshi to take their vows. This was to keep costs down for those having to pay for the wedding to take place.
    Screenshot-77.jpg
    The officiant was a portly priest of the Shinto faith. A Reverend Otaro Yamagata; a priest in his late fifties. He had no problems with the couple wearing Western clothing for taking their wedding vows. And would make sure that they were properly endowed with the right blessings from the Almighty Kamisama. After all the couple were getting married to legitimize their children so why not be blessed as well.

Perhaps that might help with the diaper changes. At least maybe cut down the smell a bit. Maybe? After all, what are blessings for? Heavenly Assistance in Childcare.

When the day of the wedding dawned it was clearly apparent that the Watcher was clearly in favour of Satoshi and Molly's union as the sun shone bright. And as it was a weekend morning the wedding was going to start bright and early. The better to have Molly and Satoshi married off and into their new lives together. Where they would happily sit in a cottage together on the island where all the Chikamoris would all eventually live, away from the hustle and bustle of the ever-expanding Sunset Valley municipality.

Ideally the Chikamoris should have a much bigger island, a large island world to populate (much like Maple Ridge where the Watcher grew up only Maple Ridge didn't have a coast-line) but this will have to do until the Chikamoris have enough simoleons to get their own island. (The Watcher wishes he had HIS own island too but unless he wins the lottery; that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
    Screenshot-84.jpg
    Of course the sun shone bright as Molly and Satoshi watched the guests gather and waited by the arch for the ceremonies to begin.

When the officiant had gathered the couple together at the wedding arch, he read some Shinto scriptures and blessed the couple and then Molly and Satoshi made their vows to each other. The good Reverend Yamagata blessed them again and read another bunch of scriptures. Then they were asked to sign the marriage licence papers stating to the Province of British Columbia that they were married in the eyes of the Crown of the Queen of Canada, also the Queen of England and the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth as her loyal subjects even though they'd taken vows of marriage not in a religion officially recognized by the Crown of the Commonwealth.
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    How does that work again? Oh, religious freedom.
    Screenshot-88.jpg
    And then the Reverend blessed them again. With all this blessing they should rightly now be completely filled to the brim with happy happy blessings of joy joy.

And now they were married in the eyes of the public and Sally Akiko and Diana Mariko would no longer be considered illegitimate offspring and a shame to the family.

Which opinion is stuffy to say the least but it partly stems from the morality doctrine that gets shoveled down their throats to justify persecution of those who don't toe the line of societal norms.
    Screenshot-97.jpg
    Screenshot-100.jpg
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    Screenshot-94.jpg
    Screenshot-101.jpg
    Anyways Molly and Satoshi were now married, Yasunobu was happy. Bebe, Torao, Haruo and River were all happy because they could escape this madhouse and now go to university to get their degrees and enter the hamster wheel of 9-5. Bebe in.a classroom; the others deciding that the cubicle wasn't in their future. The dogs were ecstatic because they got their houses put back and every thing was all happy happy joy joy big boat y'know. Hunky Dory.

End Chapter 10
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Carolyn: Captain, really.Its not shocking in the least, if people
    are gonna talk about me, its not going to be about this.You
    seem to forget you've been dead 100 years, its quite normal
    for a lady to go into town in slacks...in fact I find.
    Martha: Carolyn, may I come in?
    Carolyn: Of course.

Screenshot-44.jpg
    Daniel: She can neither see me nor hear me unless I wish it.
    Carolyn: I was just thinking out a story martha.
    Martha: Oh really? I've heard you talking to yourself on numerous
    occassions.
    Carolyn: Don't you ever talk to yourself?
    Martha: I don't talk to men who have been dead for over a 100 years.
    Daniel: That martha....is your loss.
    Carolyn: You stay out of this.
    Martha: I don't mean to meddle sis, I know a great doctor in philidelphia,
    excellent in his field of pyschiactry.
    Carolyn: Pyschiatry?!
    Daniel: Your sister thinks your looney.
    Isn't philidelphia a bit far to go for just a chat?
    Carolyn: My sister means well, and maybe she's right.Normal
    people don't speak to ghosts.

Screenshot-45.jpg
    Daniel: Come come dear, your just as normal as I am.

Screenshot-46.jpg
    Carolyn: Oh, that's real normal....

in philedelphia....

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Ryan: Living at gull lighthouse, your surrounded by the memories
    of a brilliant man.Its no wonder he comes to life for you.
    Carolyn: What do I do?
    Ryan: What do you want to do?
    Carolyn: Well....if I created him...I guess I want to uncreate him.
    Ryan: Right, everytime you think you see the captain, you just
    remind yourself that he's a figment of your imagination.
    Carolyn: I'll try.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Carolyn: Thanks for the ride claymore.
    Claymore: Any time.
    Candy: Hi Auntie! It rained today...all by itself!
    Claymore: You sure it rained by itself?
    Carolyn: If you are worried about anything, I can sure
    you there's no reason to be.
    Claymore: Says you.

Screenshot-51.jpg
    Daniel: Welcome home dear lady.
    Carolyn: There's no one there.
    Daniel: I must confess, its been a cold ship with you gone.
    Carolyn: I can neither see you nor hear you.
    Daniel: You can't?
    Carolyn: Yes, I don't hear you or see you.

Screenshot-53.jpg
    Daniel: HAVE YOU SUDDENLY TAKEN LEAVE OF YOUR SENSES?
    Carolyn: Don't shout!
    Daniel: What does it matter? you just said you can't hear me.
    Carolyn: That's right, so there's no one there.
    Daniel: Then who is here?
    Carolyn: No one, I only think I see you because I'm a lonely
    writer.Excuse me.

Screenshot-54.jpg
    Carolyn: Your not there! Your not there! Go away!
    Daniel: Very well madam, good day.
    Carolyn: It worked! He's gone....I won't see him again.
    Daniel: You will, if you want to.
    Carolyn: your not there!
    Daniel: Blast!

Screenshot-56.jpg
    Candy: Auntie, guess what? Captain gregg is going to teach
    me harpooning!
    Carolyn: Candy, remember when you believed in peter pan and tooth fairy?
    Candy: Yes.
    Carolyn: And as you grew older, you realized they were only imaginary?
    Candy: But Captain Gregg is real!
    Carolyn: No, he's just a figment of your imagination.That's what
    you have to tell yourself when you think you see him.
    Candy: Can I learn harpooning first?
    Carolyn: Tell you what, we'll get a book and learn together.
    Candy: That's okay, maybe I'm too hold for whales.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    Daniel: Miss Candy, there you are.
    Candy: Your not there.
    Daniel: I'm not?
    Candy: No, your just a fig of imagination.
    Daniel: Figment...
    Candy: Figment.
    Daniel: Okay, good night candy.
    Candy: blast!

Screenshot-59.jpg
    Daniel: Must I lose the lass as well?
    Carolyn: You're not there...
    Daniel: I'm not?
    Carolyn: You're just a product of my imagination, its
    the atmosphere...the sea, and fog, that house...

Screenshot-60.jpg
    Daniel: Is it my dear?

Screenshot-61.jpg
    carolyn: why can't I convince myself your not there.

Screenshot-62.jpg

Screenshot-63.jpg
    Daniel: Blast it!

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Carolyn: Doctor, its Miss Muir...I still see him.There is a ghost
    here.
    Daniel: At last, you've come to your senses.
    Carolyn: I've tried, doctor it doesn't work.
    Doctor: Look, I'll be coming your way on a fishing
    trip, perhaps I can stop by and spend some time with you.
    Carolyn: Perfect! I look forward to seeing you...And doctor
    I feel better already!

Screenshot-65.jpg
    Carolyn: Ha! Ha!

Screenshot-66.jpg
    Daniel: Oh! I can't remember the last time I was this
    excited for company! Ha...

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    No one has taken up my request on making a sim based on someone yet. Couldn't be that hard to make him, could it?

:D<3
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    More university life for Oliver Freddy and Inge:

Chapter 9.1 - September

51123360025_af6eaa0d87_b.jpg

Inges notes: I tried to make waffles for my room mates again, but this time I managed to burn them. I'm such a loser and failure! :'(

51122307634_36ca15d5f2_b.jpg

Oliver Freddes notes:

51122307639_f8337c907f_b.jpg

Hmm, the professor must have forgotten that there was a lecture today... oh well, I'm taking notes anyway! I don't want to fail on my exam!

51121993917_df720bcdb7_b.jpg

Must be a glitch in the matrix game. There actually wasn't anyone there holding the lecture!

Understandably, many of my fellow students used the opportunity to fall asleep. After a while, I learned that you could actually use the computer to read and study, which definately helps. With only three days two and half months left for my exam, that certainly wasn't to soon!

51123370420_7061061bde_b.jpg

Inges notes:

51122307614_57a1c92385_b.jpg

Ah, so this is the classroom. I wonder who the professor is.
    Hmm.. as I wasn't quite sure how to do this. I just stood there for a while and let everyone else pick their seats first, before I picked mine. I don't want to make a mistake in front of my fellow students!

51122307599_823697ebff_b.jpg

Well, at least the professor showed up this time..

51122565241_590af93d7a_b.jpg

..not excactly sure what she is teaching, though, but hey.. art studies... what do I know? ;)
    51123359945_44d9b3d1c6_b.jpg

Really? Ok, so the professors doodles might be boring and not make much sense, but you can't sit on the first row and sleep... I'm gonna step in here and wake you up!

51122565231_8440cd2814_b.jpg

Wakey wakey!

51123359935_f44bfb2067_b.jpg

That's more like it! Do like your boyfriend and be a good student now!

51121993862_71bcd24542_b.jpg

Your results are falling behind compared to Oliver Freddys so I want you to study. You can entertain yourself later! I want both of you to get the best grade possible! I just can't let them roam free on their own to much.. sometimes, for pupils and students especially, I take on the role as their strict parent or guardian.. because that's what I am! :P This is what you get for sleeping in class...

51122492238_38bb659eb1_b.jpg

Oh yes, cooking dinner on a filthy oven... this reminds me so much of my own student days...

51122467988_2129eba02a_b.jpg

This too, by the way. The collection of plates that no one bothered to clean up... yeah, I lived in a house of slobs...

51123359920_7158d5931e_b.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:

I asked this guy that was over for a visit if he got any fish, and I learned that he was oversensitive, absent minded and a good kisser.

Amazing. Just from that question alone.

51121993837_96931310b8_b.jpg

When I let the nerds roam free... they go to the computer to play chess and video games...

51122307504_4cc411224c_b.jpg

Oliver Freddy is the most popular of the two, as he is the one getting the party invitations.

Oliver Freddy: Sure, thing Jefferey! I'll bring my girlfriend too, this time!

51122307494_8751f79c9e_b.jpg

Oliver Freddy: Hey, I got an invitation to a party over at Jeffereys place. Wanna join?

Inge:Sure, lets go!

51122467918_b987b708c0_b.jpg

Inges notes:
    Oh, I'm so happy he brought me along with him for the party! Maybe now is the time for me to make some new friends!

51123359850_2d2ed231f6_b.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:
    I can feel the exam looming in the not so distant.. distance, and I don't want to disappoint mom... she was so concerned about me going to university... so I'll stand outside here studying on my cellphone for a bit before going inside to join the party.

Aww.. well, that's actually kind of cute.

51123359840_eefbd209d1_b.jpg

Inge: I want to dance! Let's turn this stereo on!

51121993752_e116460f77_b.jpg

Inge: And this old record player thingie too! This place can't get enough music!

51122467868_4705c11a54_b.jpg

Inge: I don't like that guy! Booo! He's weird! Boooo!

Is this how you make friends...? I see nothing wrong with him... what are you seeing that I don't?

By the way, standing in the doorway is Jefferey, the host of the party.

51122565086_f46dbc707c_b.jpg

This guy is so terrible at guitar he should pay you to listen.. yet you're all standing there acting like you're enjoying it. Well, somewhat... Oliver Freddy looks like he wants to get away, and I don't blame him... yeah, just gotta love it when some dude picks up the guitar at a party, huh?

51121993697_20f6a50b7e_b.jpg

Inge: What do you say, Olli, should we hit it out of here? This guy really does not know how to play...

51122467818_50bba240c6_b.jpg

Hey, Olli, I'm looking at you....

51122467808_7c52dfbec5_b.jpg

It's pretty cute how she locked her eyes onto him.. but at the same time, he does not register.. they crappy guitar playing is apparently more fascinating..

51123359710_373079d1c8_b.jpg

Inge: Just excuse me for a second, I just have to go outside and yell out my frustrations at that guy! I really don't like him.. he's so weird! Booo!

Right....

51122565006_8bb6816a9f_b.jpg

Oliver Freddy: I don't like him either!

What guys? Seriously? I see nothing wrong... what has he done? Is he not wearing the right clothes? Really, is that all it takes for a guy to get booed at? Come on... why him and not the crappy guitar player?

Oliver Freddy and Inge: Let's play a prank on the Narrator! Lets morph into each other and become one!

...what?

51121993617_dd0ab60b79_b.jpg

Wait.... what did you just do!? That's kind of disturbing...

Inge: Hey, hubby.. I'm getting a little tired of this party. Shall we go home?

Oliver Freddy:Yes, sweetie.. I think that's a good idea. We should get some rest before our classes tomorrow.

51122467748_fdb359d307_b.jpg

Well, maybe he wasn't so happy to go home after all, but its still cute how she can't stop looking at him!

And once they are home..

51122467743_4f9c16cd5c_b.jpg

51121995277_dfe8f2ae21_b.jpg

Ok.. I think its a clear sign you're getting tired when you're laughing at a naked wall. Seriously, there is nothing and nobody there... and the room next door is completely empty, too.. Bed time for you, young miss!

51121993572_88745fbb3f_b.jpg

Sweet dreams...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @ZhakiraP

Looks like an interesting save :).

NVdEFWS.jpg

fbOn9JN.jpg

Teen slumberparty in Oasis Landing.
    No one has taken up my request on making a sim based on someone yet. Couldn't be that hard to make him, could it?

:D<3

I’m afraid I’m not good at making sims hopefully someone else will do it for you
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Silverofdreams30 Love your random gameplay pictures. :grin:
    (That robot checking the mail looks a little creepy! :grimace: )
    I like Finn's unique green hair. :blush:

@GraceyManor Your new story is good and I've been enjoying it. :)
    I LOVE Carolyn's formal dress! (From her GG Grandmother) I gotta know where you found that one. ;)
    This dialogue. <3<3
    Daniel: You look enchanting, my dear.
    Carolyn: Thank you, the dress belonged to my great great
    grandmother.
    Daniel: Here's to your grandmother then and the legacy
    of beauty she left behind.
    Hmm, does Carolyn really want to forget/unsee Daniel though? :smirk:
    Ooooooh this picture! :love:
    Screenshot-61.jpg
    How can she run from that!? :open_mouth:;)

@Turjan You're welcome. :)
    Looks like Abigail now has some confidant(e)s. That was a rather enjoyable update.
    ^Thank you. :blush: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    So I guess Sebastian has dyed hair that isn't related to magic (if the question sounds dumb, I can't distinguish purple from blue)?
    ^Yes. :) (Not a dumb question at all, I'm glad you asked. <3 ) But yeah he, Emily, and Shane have dyed hair. Sam bleaches his hair. Haley highlights her hair; she's a total blonde. :p The others, that's their natural hair color. :)
    Now we all wait for the "I am your father!" update :lol: . Without lightsabers, I assume.
    ^Ha ha! :lol: Yeah no lightsabers darnit. :p
    That might come sooner than everyone expects. ;)
    Thanks for the comments. <3
    ----
    Boy those child support payments don't make any sense do they? :flushed: (I think people would argue they do IRL, but...I don't know anything about it so...)
    Nice ride Prudi! :mrgreen: 👍
    Enjoyed your post. :lol:<3

@bekkasan I should have Severinka's entire site downloaded! :lol: (Before it disappears... heaven forbid! :flushed: )
    Thanks for the comments. <3
    Wasn't that pic with Harvey and Maru just creepy! :grimace: But man did I laugh right after I made that face! :lol:
    Your rainbow pics! :love: Especially the last one over the lake. <3

@Tamijo
    Love that Harvey / Maru episode, You shown me, now I what it in the story o:)
    ^HA HA! :joy: Well, you know I gotta keep my story forum safe. :smirk::p
    Thanks for the reply comment on what got you started with the survival story. :) Makes sense and I can tell you're having a lot of fun with it. 👍
    ----
    "Ain't She Sweet." That's an old one. :) I know I've heard it before...
    I like how quite a few of the Greg's River residents have taken up writing. :blush: It's fun!
    Mateo playing with his teddy, aww. <3
    Adorable kitty sleeping pose! :love:
    ----
    U2 song. Right on. :star:
    Okay, Greg seems like such a great guy and he needs to find love before he dies! ;)
    The picture that went with this cracked me up! :lol:
    Armel Mercier comes over to the Preston household, to chat with John Hallett. John gets a bit annoyed with the fact that the old man does not hear well, saying what again and again.
    Two gal pals sunbathing and chatting about whatever. That's always nice. :blush:
    Yay for home expansions. :star:

@AlexaKry
    (can you try to use less words? Eventually less that 5 words per sentence and just 10 sentences at all???? >:);) I´m such a slow reader, sorry! :D )
    ^Hee hee! Lol. :lol: I could try...but it just wouldn't be the same. ;)
    It's okay if you read slower, I know English isn't your first language. You rock! <3 I really appreciate you reading it anyway. :kissing_heart:
    Liked the new chapter a looooot!!!
    ^Thank you. <3

@Brandontaylor I'm so sorry you're still having computer issues. That suuuuucks! :confounded: Sending {{{{Hugs}}}} <3 Hope you can figure out the issues/get it fixed soon! :star:

@ZhakiraP
    Then he became outraged as Grim turned up bringing Holly back to life, her misfortunes far to entertaining for her to die. How dared he!
    Joachim is an evil vampire and I suspect in his mind Holly deserved to die for disrupting his meal that way.
    ^Ha ha! :lol: Thanks for the laugh!

@Sleepstar *Waves* :)

@Sorak4 Welcome back. :)

@Sprottenham Enjoyed your Uni post. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer Satoshi and Molly's wedding looked lovely. <3 So well written and I love your wit that you add in from time to time. ;)
    Post edited by emorrill on
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Catching up this morning. Didn't get to play much this week but did work on making a couple more ladies for Supernatural Island. Still tweaking them and will try to post pictures later today as I hope to play some this afternoon.

@Sleepstar Hope things are working better in the game now.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! I do appreciate your comment on my rainbow pics. :smiley:
    Looks like a fun slumber party.

@Turjan Thanks so much for your comments on the rainbows. :smiley:
    I do remember when playing sim city being able to have disasters. I never really wanted that in the sims 3. :open_mouth:
    I'm trying my best to pronounce Robert-Michel with the French accent. I'm afraid my southern drawl overwhelms the French. :grin:
    Poor Robert-Michel musta had a really bad lawyer to get stuck with that kind of child support on that income. :confused:
    Well, that is one way to fix the income problem and just move the family in. :grin:
    Perhaps it was for the best that Mae moved out. Umm, was the little girl Robert-Michel's for sure?
    Prudi is surely very tolerant and forgiving.

@Tamijo Thanks for commenting on my rainbows :smiley:
    Comments on your thread on the updates.

@Kynan Thanks for the comment on my rainbows. :smiley:

@AlexaKry Thanks! I do appreciate the comments on the rainbow pics. :heart:

@Karritz hehe, thanks for the comments on the rainbows. I do occasionally take other pics that don't include rainbows. :grin: See the one below.

@GraceyManor I've enjoyed reading the updates on Carolyn and her relationship with Daniel. Very entertaining.

@Brandontaylor I do hope you figure out what the problem is.

@ZhakiraP I rarely use speed 3 anymore. I used to at night but I've started poking around towns now peeking on townies if they are out and about. If not, I speed it up. :grin:
    wow, poor Holly. Glad Grim felt some sympathy for her. hehe, Joachim did not!

@Sorak4 hey, long time no see. :grin:

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice to see your story back.

@rubyskywalker You should ask over in the DNA thread. They are still going strong and building for others. Look in the creative section for sims 3 for their thread.

@Sprottenham Nice to see your sims again. It is good that you are having them balance the fun and study time. I just have to 'help' mine if they seem to be playing more than studying.

Random picture I took when testing the festival lot last time. I guess Milton figured if he's in the bushes and he can't see the no fishing sign, he can fish. :smiley:
    51092259234_852cf1bbc6_o.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Thank you, it's a fun random save where they live mostly in
    oasis landing.
    his name is Felix Finn, a townie from oasis landing.

@bekkasan

thank you, they all went to bed right as the notification came
    "it's time for bed" lol.

• AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    To read the full update: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950668/meet-the-helmquists-a-sims-3-story#latest
    this is just an extract of it

Travis´children years weren´t easy.
    He was afraid of his mother. Whenever he happened to be at home when she was, too, she jumped at him and began to argue with him about things he did or didn´t do. It didn´t matter about what she shouted at him anymore, in his eyes she was yelling at him all the time. Just when his dad was at home she was nice and friendly to him.
    He tried to tell his dad about her behavior but his dad always said with a tired voice that she was his mum and that he should try to get along with her.
    Travis began to think that even his dad began to believe the lies his mother was telling and was disappointed by his dad more and more.
    He started to believe that almost everyone was against him and nobody had ever loved him.
    He became cheeky and rebellious more and more and went to his grandparents less and less often.
    He began to roam the streets, began to smoke and his first beer he had with 12. He began to meet older teens with cars who took him out of Moonlight Falls more and more often.

The older he got the more he began to develop a loving feeling for one of the older boys. One night they both were very drunken and Travis made the first move and kissed that boy.
    The next thing he felt was a fist in his face, followed by a hard push so he fell down on the dirty floor.
    "What are you thinking of you f..a..g..o..t?" was all he was able to hear because soon later he was beaten so hard that all he could do was to curl up and endure it.
    Luckily he was found by his uncles Hendrik and Argus who helped him.

Some years passed where Travis became older and even more distanced to anybody than before.
    He only visited his uncles Hendrik and Argus to whom he established a very good relationship. The only things he never talked about to them was why he was hit and why he felt so strange when he saw a nice boy.
    When he was 16 he changed to senior high school which happened to be right next to the arena where The Moonlight Falls Monsters trained and played when they had a home game.
    That was exciting for him because he was such a big fan of the team and his uncle Haldir, who was first pitcher. And what a great pitcher he was! He was the best pitcher of the last decades and Travis loooved to watch him throw!
    And now his new school shared the same gymnasium with them! That was so cool!

One day he came home and saw Hallie already waiting in the hall. Oh, how he hated that room!
    "Your headmaster called me, my dearly loved son", she said with a voice dripping with hate and irony, she seemed to enjoy his agony, "he told me that your last test was awfully bad, you got the worst mark of the class, the tests before were as bad, so what do you do about that?"
    4aBHK9F.jpg
    LsJwuMd.jpg
    "Mother, it´s not my fault, the teacher doesn-"
    "Oh shut up you little tw..a...t, it´s always the same with you and your excuses, it´s always someone else who did you harm or didn´t like you or such! Take responsibility for your actions, my son!"
    "But mother, I-" he tried to beg her for forgiveness
    Ku5Je9w.jpg
    "Shut up! You have to improve your marks instantly, I won´t tell your dad that you have failed in school. Go to your room, stay there and don´t make any noise other than turning a page of a book."
    "But mother, today is the big match between The Moonlight Falls Monsters and The Bridgeport Bears, uncle Haldir is-"
    "You don´t go anywhere you little nuisance, you are banned to go out!"
    She turned, telling him that their argument was over.
    jXbaUqY.jpg
    Sadly he went upstairs to his room, he had been looking forward for this game sooo much! He even got a seat at the player´s lounge by his uncle!
    jb4Mg7q.jpg
    gcX0GMv.jpg
    ZJALCDi.jpg
    okTxI1s.jpg
    XVjn1Be.jpg
    j3ssCc9.jpg
    Whith a heavy heart he dialed his uncle´s phone number to tell him that he couldn´t come and that he could give his place to someone else.
    dd0d089.jpg
    He stopped the phonecall before his uncle could get it.
    He became angry at his mother. What did she say? Take responsibility for your actions? Did she say exactly that? TAKE RESPONSIBILITY??? He was pi...ss....e.d off. This coming from her? What a b...! Telling him to stay home because of his bad marks??? Was she serious?? How could he get good marks? Either he stayed far away from her without his books so he couldn´t learn or he had to stay home, jailed in his room, guarded by his mother who told him that she could sense him staying in there.
    'But she can´t sense me anymore, right?' he thought to himself. 'Her powers are getting weak.'
    He came to a conclusion.
    He sneaked out
    FGnLD3K.jpg
    rode his bike through the bitter cold streets of Moonlight Falls to the stadium and sat down at the player´s lounge.
    ACOImtf.jpg
    He was soooo excited.

Haldir´s team won.
    He came out of the locker room and could see his nephew at the other wall. He couldn´t get to him because there were so many fans who wanted to grab an autograph of the players. He hoped that Travis was still there when he finished talking with the fans.
    Yes, Travis was still there, he wasn´t willing to go home, furthermore he wanted an autograph of his uncle. (he already had 50 or so but you could never have enough, right?)
    "Uncle Haldir, can I get an autograph please?" he asked with a trembling voice.
    "Aww Travis, of course, but you still don´t have to ask! You are the only one I would give an autograph to always! And as much as you want!"
    "Thank you so much, that´s so great! Uncle Haldir, did you throw the last ball with a right spin?" he asked, again very gabbering away his exitement. Why was he always having nearly a heart attack when he was in the near of his uncle?
    "You´ve noticed? What a great sight you have! You have watched me very attentively, hm?" Haldir said while writing, without noticing his nephews cheeks blushing.
    "How did you get to the stadium, boy?" he asked, hoping it wasn´t by bike.
    "By bike, uncle Haldir, it was just a ride of an hour, I was happy to make it in time!"
    "Gosh Travis, you could have frozen to death and nobody would have found out! Don´t do that again! Drive with one of your dad´s cars for Pete´s sake!"
    "I would have liked, but I can´t drive..."
    "Come on then, Travis, let´bring you home, ok? Do you need your bike or can I bring it to you tomorrow, I don´t have the right car with me now, there´s no place for a bike in it."
    "I don´t need it, and you don´t have to bring it to me, uncle Haldir, I just ride it back when I go to school the next time."
    mgj96Hd.jpg
    "Uncle Haldir?" Travis asked during their drive.
    "Yes?"
    "Can" heavily breathing "can I stay with you tonight? I would sleep at the couch, you wouldn´t have any work with me, you wouldn´t even notice me. I-"
    "Of course you can sleep over at my house. You can sleep in your aunt´s bed, she- isn´t at home at the moment. I´ll phone your mum that y-"
    "NO, NOT MOTHER! Please, don´t tell her! Please!!" Travis´s voice got quieter and quieter.
    "Gosh Travis, do you know in what trouble you bring me? Your mum will notice that you aren´t at home!"
    "No, she wouldn´t, believe me, please!"
    Haldir looked at Travis from the corner of his eyes, what he could see was the picture of misery and he could sense a very big empty hole in Travis´s essence. He made his decision. "Ok Travis, you could stay over tonight, but tomorrow morning, after the kids are out of home you´ll have to explain some things to me!"
    In his voice lay the full authority of the later king.
    "Yes, uncle Haldir, I´ll do." Travis couldn´t do other than obey to this authority.
    "Good! Then let me show you your aunt´s room, you can sleep in her bed, the sheets are fresh."
    J6lCUtA.jpg
    CULr2Qx.jpg
    Travis was relieved when he entered Haldir´s house.
    MxGjVDn.jpg
    jPQOtzt.jpg
    da1pVdK.jpg
    Before he fell asleep he could hear Haldir´s voice again: "And Travis?" - "Hmhm?" - "Don´t call me uncle again, ok? Just Haldir, that´s enough"
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @ZhakiraP : oh no, no more Albin and Karl??? :o:'(
    I can just so imagine how Albin goes rampant in Sunset Valley! :D
    This would make such a good story!
    hehehe, don´t stand between a vampire and his food....even if you are Grim...

@emorrill : ah, bummer, I hoped for some kind of comic, with some speech bubbles here and there! :D:p
    I´ve nearly made it to the end of your story, it´s such a good read!

@Tamijo : comments on your thread! Great update!

@Sprottenham : comments on your thread! Crying over burned waffles? :D

@bekkasan : maybe one day I really open a rainbow thred for you!!
    :D Milton! How can you ever believe that nobody can see you? With such white hair? You are glowing and can´t be overlooked!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @Tamijo Thank you very much. That's great that you found that update amusing. But yeah, commenting takes a long time, even more so if English isn't your native language, which is also the case for me.
    Nice that the construction crew brings a bit of a bustle to the village. Lovely shot again, especially the last one with the fishing. Very atmospheric.
    Looks like Greg will stay alone and die childless. :lol: at the bad hearing part.
    Nice how Brendon changed. Such a lovely couple.
    The overview pic looks very colorful to me.

@AlexaKry Thank you for your great and very funny comments. Oh, of course you are right: It was an arduous task to get the relationship of Robert-Michel and Mae up, especially in the negatives (very few "friendly" options), and I had already to do that to persuade Mae to join the household. In reality, both, Prudi and Mae, were chasing Robert-Michel much of the day. I had to use a door lock system to keep this in a manageable range. What I didn't mention is that both Prudi and Mae are flirty, and so is Mae's new husband Bernard. It was a madhouse. Btw., I tried a solution of going on with Robert-Michel and Mae, but she went already for other guys on their wedding day :lol: .
    One thing that is true to reality is the size of those islanders in Niua Simoa. You can look it up: not the US or Mexico are leading in that regard, it's places like Samoa and two other Pacific Island nations that lead those statistics. Of course, as soon as I started Story Progression, it took care of that and sent everyone to the gym. Here you can see Mae's brother Tim train Bernard Fuanaki, her husband.
    5uOE4WE.jpg
    This is how he looks much later as a full adult:
    6j4WtGM.jpg
    He became the town casanova when he was still married to Mae, but they got divorced, and he took a young girl (which ended in divorce again :lol: ). He's still getting lots of action.
    Loved your sad story with Tristan and Haldir. I guess I forgot the background why his mother would feel his presence or why she lost that capability. Poor guy. Let's hope he now found someone who believes him.

@ZhakiraP Heh, another death by vampire feeding. I still remember the Moonlight Falls one. :lol: at the scene with Grim. Love it.

@Sorak4 Great seeing your cast again. Nice makeover.

@GraceyManor I'm always reminded of that film Harvey when I see those imagination stories.

@Silverofdreams30 I think I never threw a tea or slumber party, and you pull one off in Oasis Landing. Great pics :smile: .

@emorrill Thanks. Looking forward to the big reveal then :smiley: .

@bekkasan Thank you. :lol: I certainly didn't expect anyone else to pronounce Robert-Michel in French. It's just that I have difficulties remembering names - always had - and for me personally, the French helped.
    Yes, the default Story Progression settings for child support are absolutely brutal and designed to destroy the household of the parent who isn't with the child. I usually tone that substantially down. It's completely over the top.
    Well, Marvin certainly was Robert-Michel's son from what the family tree said, and I remixed him anyway after some slight initial edits of the parents, so he sure is now. However, Mae (the mother) is also flirty, and I've seen what she pulled off in the other household. She's now shortly before death and the girlfriend of the town's kingpin (Robert-Michel's former boss and prince of the island).
    :lol: at your fishing pic. Don't we all have those? This is my main sim from Mountain Lake: He's probably hoping the weather will keep everyone else away while he's fishing for mummy fish.
    uaI3YfE.jpg
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    Kiana as a young adult

wMF7yHR.jpg

RFyNakX.jpg

vIdaXVx.jpg
    Finally Kiana found <3

...with the help of some fairy dust
    cM7Z9qL.jpg

GAtnqrC.jpg

OF5HDGq.jpg

She got married in shorts and high heels :lol:

1nAHED8.jpg
    It's the first time i saw an elder alien

RvGuGmX.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited April 2021
    Maybe a few more impressions from my Niua Simoa game.

In the beginning, Robert-Michel certainly had a few other options. One would have been his boss, who was on his way to become the new king. The old king, Henry I. Tapuwhai, was already quite old and died not long after I started the game. Here he is on his last day, following his routine of drinking juice at several different places the family probably owns: You can mostly find him at the nectary, in his palace's wine cellar or here, where he goes to the main bar of the family's criminal empire.
    6IwdkTJ.jpg
    Well, here's his oldest son again, Henry II.
    2WnDxhd.jpg
    Mean-spirited, hot-headed, inappopriate... What's not to love? And for some unfathomable reason single. :lol:
    Next in line would be Princess Elesabeti II. Tapuwhai, the main socialite of the island (says her bio, but meh...), here kicked to the gym by SP.
    shHZZVC.jpg
    It's hard to see, but she's obviously also a YA, like her older brother. There was even a short opening to get into position as queen consort (or whatever that's called), because she dumped her boyfriend and was looking for someone new (the search process lasted about 5 hours :smiley: ). I guess Robert-Michel wasn't fast enough.

The guy in the front right is the third prince, Filepi Tapuwhai. He has given up on getting anywhere near power and later married a juice-addict a few decades older than he is. And then he worked as town gigolo. Not sure what the rest of the family thinks about that, but they didn't share their money with him. You got to live from something, which isn't easy on the island, and he charges a princely sum for his services. Ahem.

Elesabeti picked Kurt, fresh out of high school and the son of a German tourist who got stranded here with a local woman. His family owns one of the best houses in town.
    W8oJtYS.jpg
    Robert-Michel met Kurt's mother as one of the first persons in town. I guess she falls into the category "exotic beauty".
    DDqlWYL.jpg
    Flirty, and even Robert-Michel quickly became friends with her. On the other hand, with her husband Fonzell, said German tourist, it was dislike at first sight. Here Fonzell trains the leader of the local thuggery, Big Joe Blue, so Joe can better mug him later in the streets.
    jOBOsjh.jpg
    Robert-Michel also knows Ethel Blue, Big Joe's wife. She asked whether her child could play with his child, so he said yes. Of course, that "child" were three children who took over the house and later blocked the beds when it was time to sleep (did I mention Robert-Michel is a "Loner"?). While Ethel also tried her luck with Robert-Michel, he knew better than to put himself on her husband's target list.
    ZBFn3no.jpg
    Not sure whether you noticed, but formal suits on the island often involve woven jackets, pants or dresses, and often no shoes at all. Given all those shoeless formal outifts are paired with normal everyday outfits that include shoes, I guess it's a local custom. Here Robert-Michel is at a drink promotion at the criminal bar the king was heading to. Robert-Michel already looks juiced before he takes the first sip.
    L7yuTwh.jpg
    Kurt (the future husband of Elesabeti) was also there. Why he looks so frightened?
    jskgnwq.jpg
    Well, this is the main haunt of Henry II.
    giLDWyG.jpg
    And yes, those are vampire beds. Three of them. Not for the royal family.
    I first saw one of these at the very beginning of my game. At first I thought I didn't see correctly (pic a bit brightened so you see at least something).
    xAQbIh7.jpg
    You mostly see them at night.
    UWbP1Xn.jpg
    During the day, they look much less ominous, but this was a date situation. Nevertheless, they are supposed to be people who were brought back to life, but by consuming the life force of a different islander. In the process, they lose their original personality.
    DUvZ3uy.jpg
    Anyway, that's just a bit of exposition. If I post anything else about this, it will be more of the family.

For the end, here's a pic of Elesabeti II. digging for treasure.
    2Bej2Zf.jpg
    In case you wonder: I let SP decide the succession question. I tried twice, and Elesabeti II. won both times. Which means she has been queen for most of my game.
    Screenshot-74.jpg
    Ryan Marvelous dinner.
    Carolyn: you saved the week for martha, she doesn't get a chance
    to show off often out here.

Screenshot-75.jpg
    Ryan: This really is a charming house, filled with old sea memorbelia,
    but I think it is time to be rid of some of it.
    Carolyn: I wouldn't touch anything if I was you.
    Ryan: Its suddenly cold in here.

Screenshot-76.jpg
    Ryan: Now its a bit too warm, am I on fire?

Screenshot-77.jpg\
    Carolyn: Martha! Water quick!
    Candy: Auntie, he's smoking!

Screenshot-78.jpg
    Martha: Man the pumps! Fire in mid ship.
    Ryan: I'm soaking wet.
    Martha: I'm sorry, but you needed to be basted, you were beginning
    to barbecue.

Screenshot-79.jpg
    Ryan: I want to apologize for being clumsy.
    Carolyn: It wasn't you! It was captain gregg!
    Ryan: Didn't we agree that he was just a figment of your imagination?
    Carolyn: It wasn't my imagination that burned you.
    Ryan: It wasn't a ghost either.
    Carolyn: Why do you think your hand got caught in the damper?
    Ryan: Because I was clumsy.

Screenshot-82.jpg
    Daniel: And he was a big help.
    Carolyn: Why don't you say that his face? Show yourself.
    Daniel: No, this is so much more amusing, he is convinced I'm
    not here.
    Carolyn: Doctor, He is standing right here laughing at us.
    Ryan: Mrs Muir, I know the captain seems real to you.
    Carolyn: He is real!
    Ryan: You don't really want to believe that do you?
    Carolyn: Doctor, I am looking at him right now!

Screenshot-83.jpg
    Carolyn: You blasted scurvy....
    Daniel: Remember, you're a lady.
    Ryan: Say what you need to say, don't hold it back.
    Carolyn: Son of a sea serpant!
    Daniel: Mrs Muir! :o
    Ryan: Now, don't you feel better?
    Carolyn: I certainly do.

Screenshot-84.jpg
    Ryan: See? Don't be afraid, we'll get rid of the ghost together.
    Your not alone Carolyn.
    Daniel: Since when are you on a first name basis?
    Ryan: Carolyn, would you like to take a walk along the beach
    before you turn in?
    Carolyn: I'd love to Ryan.

Screenshot-85.jpg
    Daniel: Not tonight Ryan!
    Ryan: Oh, I'm suddenly exhausted...I'm afraid the walk is a no
    go...which way to my guest room....
    Carolyn: that...way.

Screenshot-88.jpg
    Daniel: Welcome aboard Ryan!
    Ryan: Why don't you stay in the portrait where you belong.

Screenshot-87.jpg
    Daniel: How about a little rough seas, Ryan.
    Ryan: I think I'm gonna throw up.

Screenshot-89.jpg
    Carolyn: Ryan, what's all the noise?
    Ryan: I saw him! I saw him.
    Carolyn: Then I'm not insane.
    Ryan: Not at all, and I'm not staying one more minute
    in this shipwrecked house! You're on your own.

Screenshot-91.jpg
    Carolyn: Why did you do that?
    Daniel: He was denying me in my own home...
    besides I didn't like the way you were smiling at him.
    Carolyn: Oh really?
    Daniel: I may be over a 100 years, but I still remember
    what goes on in a gentleman's head when a beautiful
    woman smiles at him.
    Carolyn: ...do you?
    Daniel: Yes, I do..
    @bekkasan
    Aww, the kiss between Bekka and Jamie was adorable!
    <3 I really like her jean jacket! Its super cute.Oh okay,
    I thought you had built the house boat, regardless its
    super adorable!

@Turjan
    Mountain Lake is super pretty in the winter.
    I never heard of Harvey, will have to look it up.

@emorrill
    Yeah compact form really speeds up CAS, but I keep
    forgetting it only shows one of each item and I'm like
    where'd my stuff go.

I'm glad you're enjoying my new story.^_^
    I can't remember which dress in particular it is but I know
    I got it from here: https://joojconverts.tumblr.com/downloads
    I meant to share the site when I found it, all the clothes on here are sims 3.
    No, I don't think she really wants to otherwise she wouldn't keep stalling.

@Silverofdreams30
    Wow! Your futuristic sims are awesome
    looks so realistic!

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think I fixed the issue, I believe I just had some driver updates that I needed to do. Once all of them were done, it hasn’t crashed. The Titanic demo did okay, I explored the dock and the inside of the ship with no crash. Before, right at the beginning train ride, that was when it crashed and inside the ship is way past that point in the demo. Definitely a good sign. I haven’t tried Sims yet as it got deleted during a reinstall of Windows 10. I’ll have to get all that reinstalled but my CC and saves are on a USB.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I finished the four gals I wanted to make to give Tyler a choice of ladies. I'm hoping he will like one of these four but if not I will keep trying. He is picky in @AlexaKry's game. I still have a few more sims I want to make for Supernatural Island so there will be a few back ups. I have quite a few families but need a few more single gals and guys as well as a few older sims.

This is Harmony a vampire. Backstories will come when I actually start playing in Supernatural Island. Could be next year this time. :grin:
    51124159519_5f26bbf7aa_o.jpg

This is Rachel, she is a witch.
    51124412371_f692bdebf9_o.jpg

I posted pics of Amelia before. I changed her hair, decided to go dark like her brother Jorge with highlights that are lighter than his. She is a genie like him. They have different fathers.
    The blond is Hannah, the only fairy in the group.
    51125218865_e38ce20b49_o.jpg

I had a couple of venues that I didn't finish in the pirate area. Once was the casino and the other the area where the ship diner is so I sent the girls to check them out once I had worked on them. I think this is one of the coolest diner's in the game.
    51122678255_b6b733b3ba_o.jpg

The dock leading up to the diner is in poor shape with holes and missing fences. Rflong did an awesome job making it decrepit. I added the cones and fencing and barriers to keep the kiddos from falling through the holes. :open_mouth: I'm hoping a rich sim will repair it to prevent a tragic accident.
    51121887526_4564da50b2_o.jpg
    51122678340_83a7bee983_o.jpg

The ladies are excited about going to the casino. Rlong originally had this as a resort but there is already one at the beach so decided to do a casino here.
    51122678320_29146f10da_o.jpg

First things first hit the slot machines. Hannah must be lucky she got a 3000 jackpot on her second pull. Rachel won 500 from one of hers.
    51124159489_25dfbf45ba_o.jpg

Amelia and Harmony are playing blackjack. Amelia does not look happy. They both lost. :disappointed:
    51125218840_ecda9b8037_o.jpg

The decided it was time to get to know each other better and enjoy the bubble machine.
    51124159429_7060975c7d_o.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    I typed a little bit up above that my computer issues seem to be fixed, so I'm not going into that here. I kind of meant to get caught up the other day, but the computer issue and work caused me not to be able to. Hopefully with the computer issue potentially fixed now, I should be back to at least reading posts here. As for commenting, that always depends on work. Anyway, to get back on the subject of Sims, I plan on catching up on this thread tonight or tomorrow. I've still got to go back and read the story updates from Emorrill and Bekkasan from when their pictures didn't load due to my cruddy internet but I'm starting feedback from my post on page 4172 and hopefully will get to the recent updates.

@bekkasan Thanks, once I get everything reinstalled due to it getting deleted when I restored Windows 10 (some research said reinstalling it can fix shutdown issues, although it didn't for me), I should be back to posting on that story again.
    Yeah, they got to meet some of the familiar townies and they got some things started in town. Eric will probably be (re)born in the next update, I'd like for Emily or Christopher to meet Claire soon so that Eric will know Fawn early. I only know that they are having Eric because I set it up that way, and Claire always has a girl. I'll just swap her out with the toddler version of original Fawn once the girl born in this save is a toddler. That way she'll grow up looking like the original, minus the fact I may put her in different clothes and hair.
    I hope to get yours and Emorrills updates read sometime tomorrow. Probably will take the rest of the night for all the feedback, lol
    Great rainbow pics!

@Kynan Cool profile picture of the Joker!
    Well, I did check the temperatures just today, they are normally in the 50-55 degree range when not playing the Titanic demo. During the demo, they are in the low 60's but never any higher than that. Computer doesn't feel very warm either. As for the Sims, I haven't tried to test the temperature yet. However, I think it was just the driver updates (hopefully).

@AlexaKry Sad that Daniel died.
    It's good to here that Hallie loved him after he was born. Probably did her some good.
    Too bad it didn't extend to Tristan.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Thanks, I'm glad you liked her. She won't be around anymore due to my reboot, and I don't know if she'll ever return in that save. However, she still lives on in the original save as I'm probably making that my save to continue privately. My two saves I'm sharing here now will be the reboot of Daisy's founder-grandparents and then the USC save.
    Pancakes are always good, haven't had any in a while though.
    Yep, I sure do remember. I'm pretty good at somewhat remembering peoples past saves.
    Thanks, but I have to give all credit to the wonderful Titanic: Honor and Glory team for that. I only snapped the picture while playing their demo. I'm so excited for the April 24th livestream, should have some more information about the Alpha they are releasing then. For now, I'm just enjoying the demo but I follow their Facebook and YouTube to keep up to date on the game.
    Tested the temperatures today while playing the demo, they didn't increase too much. I'm thinking it was just the updates needed done, I guess that can cause shutdowns.
    Great updates!

@Karritz Well, I kind of wondered that at first, but since I have a gaming laptop, I started to rule it out. Before installing the game when I received the computer, I checked all the specs with those on the back and everything either matches or exceeds what is needed. One big reason I ruled this out though was the fact that the Titanic demo doesn't tax the computer as much as Sims does since it doesn't have a ton of extra content. I did a bunch of things I found online and nothing worked until I installed all the updates I had. I seriously just figured my computer was completely updated, guess I was wrong lol. Keeping my fingers crossed that was the only issue.

@LilynWolf Great update!

@emorrill Guess it's something we all have in common, having so much to do in real life that we get behind.
    It is fun to play, and the voiceover/character that is in the demo is funny. The demo is actually from 2017 and the team said they changed some things since then, so I can't wait until the Alpha comes out. I never knew how much I wanted to flush a toilet on Titanic, lol. I guess they had to drop the story they had planned though, their main focus now is just on a 100% explorable Titanic. They are going to make the ship as interactive as possible, so not only can we flush toilets, we can stroll the decks, lower lifeboats, use the cargo cranes, open and close doors, turn lights off and on, etc. Plus, they are putting information logs all over the ship so that we can learn about the passengers and crew as well as the history of the ship.
    Thanks! I had fun changing them up for this story.
    Lol, I saw someone use Simerica so I adopted it myself.
    It stunk that he couldn't get it at the Bistro. I guess I should have clicked on it instead, but when uploading his resume, it only gave Christian the diner.
    Yep, it's something I wanted to keep from her original version.
    I love the randomness of who we get in the welcome wagon.
    Me neither, I never have played him. However, he's going to be a small part of this save due to being Fawn's father.
    You sure did, that's the way I've seen it written out.
    Hopefully there will be more soon. It'll take me a bit to reinstall everything after the Windows 10 reset.
    I shouldn't have to take it anywhere, luckily. The updates that I somehow didn't do seemed to have been the issue.
    Darn it, pictures still aren't loading right. I think tomorrow, I'll read on my phone to see the pictures and type comments on the computer. Wouldn't be the first time I had to do that, lol

@Silverofdreams30 That's kind of my problem, I'm not a techie either so I don't know what to do to fix things. I did research and still couldn't figure it out, until I read to make sure all drivers are updated. Lo and behold, once those were installed, it seems to be fixed.
    Great update!

@Turjan Wow. I hope I don't have that happen. I can't build to save my life, lol
    Thanks! I'm hoping things go well for this story.

@HillyBeth Great update!
  • KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member

@Kynan Cool profile picture of the Joker!
    Well, I did check the temperatures just today, they are normally in the 50-55 degree range when not playing the Titanic demo. During the demo, they are in the low 60's but never any higher than that. Computer doesn't feel very warm either. As for the Sims, I haven't tried to test the temperature yet. However, I think it was just the driver updates (hopefully).

!

Thanks. :)

That's great and I hope that's all it was. At least it wasn't anything major, even though it's a pain to figure out what's causing problems sometimes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top