Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yes, I really don't want to go off-topic in this thread but it's there on the PC and all of my mobile devices logged in or not. It's a pink banner on the PC and it's a red banner on mobile devices. Here are a couple of screenshots so you can see them.

Screenshot-2021-04-14-195517.png

Screenshot-2021-04-14-195603.png

You don't really think they put an entire banner up there just for you do you? :grin:

ETA: This is from the phone.

Screenshot-2021-04-14-200502.png
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well, may be done with Sims for a while. No matter what game I play, my computer shuts itself off. Until I can figure out the issue, I can’t play anything.

Edit: Issue fixed now, just putting this here for those who just now are reading this.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    KynanKynan Posts: 468 Member
    edited April 2021
    Well, may be done with Sims for a while. No matter what game I play, my computer shuts itself off. Until I can figure out the issue, I can’t play anything.

Is it overheating?

From my game.

Screenshot-4.jpg
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Finally I am able to post a new update of my story.
    Getting old and ill s...

It´s another backstory part of my Helmquist-family-story found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950668/meet-the-helmquists-a-sims-3-story#latest as always I post more pictures and text on my thread, don´t want to flood this thread with too many pictures

Travis was born to Haldir´s sister Hallie and her husband Tristan van Gould. As soon as Hallie was 18 she moved out of her parent´s house and ran into Tristan´s arms who adored her since years. They were neighbors and Tristan and her parents always had barbecues or parties to where the others were invited to, so she knew Tristan since she was born.
    They thought that they were madly in love, but after some years it was obvious that they lied to themselves.
    It was said that Travis is the first born of them, but that is not so true. He once had an older brother named Daniel, he died when he was 7 and Travis 2 1/2.
    He first was buried at the Moonlight Falls cementary, but Tristan wanted him back home, so Daniel was buried at the back garden of the van Gould estate.
    Fre7bRt.jpg
    None of his parents liked to talk about Daniel´s death, Tristan because he still was full of grief and Hallie, well, she just wanted to forget what had happened to him. In family gatherings nobody mentioned Daniel so often because of the tragedy of his death.
    Hallie was a very selfish and superficial girl when she married Tristan, when she got 20 she was pregnant with Daniel. She thought that he ruined her beauty and her trouble-free life. She didn´t have to care for anything while living with Tristan, the house was cleaned by a maid and she didn´t even had to cook if she didn´t want to because Tristan was a vampire who just drank blood. She didn´t have a job so she could do whatever she wanted, even more so because Tristan worked very hard on his career as a conductor and had a lot of concerts to do so he was often away for weeks.
    So when she got to know that she was pregnant she was not happy at all.
    But when she gave birth to Daniel she loved him from the very start. Unfortunately she wasn´t a very caring mother, she was too selfish. When Daniel was 5 she was pregnant with Travis, knowing that the new child would take away from her free time even more so she really wasn´t fond of getting him.
    When Travis was born, his father was at the top of his success as a conductor of a very well-known orchestra and barely at home and his mum was overcharged with everything.
    She liked to party and going to clubs and whenever Tristan was away from home she was out very often and most of the time till late in the night.
    Travis little heart always was full of joy when his daddy was at home cause that meant a lot of snuggles and a lot of attention and fun.
    ywulqRe.jpg
    But he had to leave too soon and Daniel and Travis were alone with their non-caring mum again.
    When Hallie didn´t find a baby sitter for her sons she often dropped Travis at her parent´s home, Daniel had to go to his grandparents after school, too.
    mGXyz0F.jpg
    Both liked it at their grandparents house, their grandparents cared for them and they had 2 teenage aunts who loved to play with them.
    At one very cold winter evening Hallie got a phone call of a friend that there was a party out at the beach house and that she had to come!
    It was already Daniel`s and Travis´ bed time, so she didn´t call a sitter for them, she thought that they should be sleeping for the time she was away.
    She headed for the party, happily dancing for hours.
    When she came back she heard Travis screaming in panic, standing at the kitchen door, his hand trying to reach for the door handle he couldn´t reach. His little hands hammered on the glass and tears ran down his little, from the crying red, face. She pushed him away, having a bad premonition. And there was her older son, lying in the snow at the foot of the stairs, frozen to death.

In the years that followed Hallie told everyone the story that she cared for Travis, that she had to change his diapers, when she didn´t notice that Daniel went out into the back garden in the snowy night and that he slid in the snow and fell to the ground. When she found him he was already dead she told the police.
    Tristan always knew that this couldn´t be the truth because of the nightmares Tavis had and because of the things his little son told him but he was too afraid of knowing the whole truth, because that meant that his already troubled marriage would have been failed.
    But he took Daniel´s ashes back home and buried him in the garden well knowing that Hallie would be reminded of her faults whenever she went out in the garden.
    Hallie instead began to believe her lies and blamed Travis for Daniel´s death. Their already none existent relationship went down to a very bad one. She always blamed and punished Travis for everything that went wrong in her opinion, so when Travis got older he avoided being home whenever that meant that he had to be alone with his mother. Whenever his dad was not at home he went to his grandparents to stay with them.
    He just was at home when his dad was there, too.
    But even then he was a very lonely boy.
    vCQ3Gh3.jpg
    He didn´t have any real friends, because he couldn´t take them home with him. Furthermore he became more and more reserved to others, because he didn´t trust anyone anymore after his brother´s death. Nobody believed him that his mother was responsible for Daniel´s death so he thought that it was better to close up on people.
    The only real friend he had was his ghost brother who he dearly loved.
    YCmNjJ6.jpg
    82Uj4Ns.jpg

kpVIsdT.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Brandontaylor
    Daisy is a very pretty sim! =)
    Mmm, pancakes lol. Handsome cop! I'm
    a sap for a guy in a uniform.Adorable kiss!
    --Aww, you remembered my original attempt at this story
    that was a while ago.:) Like your Titanic Signature.

@Silverofdreams30
    The pose in the first screenshot is adorable!
    Happy Birthday Wyll! Oh cute boy in the shower. <3

@emorrill
    I always love all the poses you use in your stories.
    You must do a lot of digging to find them, I struggle
    finding good poses.I'm glad Abigail woke up, the
    scenes with her unconscious are just heartbreaking :(
    The kiss on the bed in the end. <3 Aww!

@bekkasan
    Thanks! Kaiden's castle was originally made for mermaids, so
    it has an underwater atmosphere, but I couldn't pass it up.
    I love your houseboat! Especially the colors you chose.
    Oh the swan boats! Super cute photo, looks like a fun outing!
    ---Yes Daniel gets annoyed quite easily, but I love his quirkiness in
    the show, its so awkward but endearing. XD
    I had put it in the Stories & Legacies Section, then suddenly it was
    in the gifting section.

caught up a little bit.

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Brandontaylor does your computer meet the specs required to play the game? If you've been playing on a computer that can't handle the game it can work well for a while but it is damaging the computer and it will eventually not work at all for anything. The specs on the packs the Expansions and Stuff packs come in are cumulative and are lower than what is needed to actually play the game.

Otherwise I can't think of why your computer would be shutting down when you try to play. I hope you are able to solve the problem soon.
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor Is it a laptop or a PC? If its a laptop could it be overheating?
  • Options
    LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    I started a new save yesterday for a survival type challenge, so I've been playing that today. It's kind of like a mash-up between the Adam and Eve and rags to riches challenges. I started with two founder sims in an empty (except for junkyard) world where they'll try to start a town. But, they don't get a house at first except a bathroom and a firepit with two chairs, start with 500 simoleons, and can't romance each other.

I made two female young adult sims for my founders named Hope Langford and Lacy Austin. The challenge is a bit extreme, but it's going well so far. Hope has been spending most of her time fishing, so they don't need to worry about having enough to eat for the moment. She's also been working on befriending an alien who came to visit one night. The alien's an elder female and I'm not using same-sex pregnancies in this save, so she won't be able to contribute anything genetically, but I think I'm going to move her in anyway. Lacy is trying to start a garden, but it's not a super great garden yet. The seeds she keeps finding seem to mostly be non-edible alchemy ingredients or things that require level 5 to plant, and with so much rain watering the garden for her, she hasn't even reached level 1. She's been befriending one of the local wild horses. Lacy and Hope are also friends with each other.

They managed to get a loveseat out of a dumpster, so even though they still have to "sleep" by taking several consecutive naps, at least now one of them at a time has something more comfortable than a towel on the ground to nap on. Otherwise, trash hasn't been the most helpful thing. Broken furniture from the junkyard, a dryer when they don't have a washer, a dishwasher when they don't use dishes, etc..

In terms of money, I've turned bills off, so they don't have the biggest need for it right now. Lacy has a blog where she posts about their adventures, but it hasn't brought in a lot of donations yet. I have a mod where sims can write books on paper and I've bought them one of the notebooks from the mod, so I need to get one or both of them started on a novel soon. The first thing they're saving up for is a trip to France.
  • Options
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    Candy: Auntie, can you come here for a minute?
    Carolyn: Can it it wait honey? I have to write my article.
    Candy: But I can't take my bath, there's not hot water.
    Martha: Do I have to take a ticket to make a complaint or
    can I file it from here?
    Carolyn: What is it?
    Martha: Aside from no hot water when the gas isn't working,
    but you can't cook chicken in the pot without it.
    Carolyn: I called Claymore 3 times but he isn't answering.
    Martha: Breaks my heart to see that poor little plucked chicken
    sitting in a pot of cold water with his legs crossed freezing to death.
    Carolyn: Any chicken that isn't plucked, its feathers will keep it warm.

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Daniel: Isn't it possible to have a little peace and quiet aboard this vessel?
    Carolyn: Captain, if you took care of your vessels the way you took care of
    this lighthouse you must have spent most of your life underwater.
    Daniel: For the life of me I can not understand why a ship is referred to as
    a female in gender.A ship is has its own unique qualities...madam I withdraw
    my statement, you are not like other females, you are unique.
    Carolyn: Thank you...I think?
    Daniel: But your behavior doesn't always win approval.
    Carolyn: My behavior?
    Daniel: Well, look at you! What you are doing now is not feminine.In my day
    a gentleman would not allow a woman to work.
    Carolyn: If you are so concerned, about a lady working...be my guest.
    Daniel: I'm a sea captain, not a plumber!
    Carolyn: You don't know how.
    Daniel: Hand it over.
    Carolyn: Aye, Aye sir.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Daniel: All fixed...
    Martha: Carolyn...you fixed the hot water....but now there's no
    cold water either.
    Carolyn: Hand the wrench over.

Screenshot-52.jpg
    Carolyn: Get me Claymore Gregg, please and tell him its urgent.

Screenshot-53.jpg
    Daniel: Ha! You don't believe he will repair your plumbing.
    Carolyn: I certainly do.He will fix everything.
    Daniel: My dear madam, would you like to make a friendly
    bet on that...Say 5.00?
    Carolyn: Alright...but that will be in American currency, not rusty
    sovereigns.

Screenshot-57.jpg
    Claymore: Everything seem to be alright around here, anything
    unsual?
    Candy: You mean like strange noises?
    Claymore: Yes..
    Candy: And mysterious happenings?
    Claymore: Y..yes!
    Candy: And chains clanking?
    Claymore: Yes!
    Candy: No.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    Carolyn: I am writing an article about the lighthouse, and I would
    like to include you.
    Claymore: You do?
    Carolyn: Of course, if you don't want to be published on the front
    page...you can object, I just thought I would ask instead of taking
    the liberty...
    Claymore: Oh take! Take!
    Carolyn: But we will need the house repaired...
    Claymore: The ruin down look adds character..
    Carolyn: You will fix the hot water right?
    Claymore: Ugh....
    Carolyn: You promised.
    Claymore: Alright.

Screenshot-61.jpg
    Carolyn: Blast it!
    Daniel: Madam your language.

Screenshot-62.jpg
    Daniel: I'll take five dollars if you have a moment, in american
    currency if you will.
    Carolyn: Fine, here take it!
    Daniel: If I may say so, you may not be a good judge of
    a man's character, but you certainly are a sore loser.
    Carolyn: Oh would you just disappear!

Screenshot-63.jpg
    Daniel: I'm sorry, I didn't really mean that..it was thoughtless
    of me.
    Carolyn: It isn't what you said.The whole world is piling up
    on me, and my deadline is in two days, and if I finish the money
    is gone before I get and so is the trip I was planning.
    Daniel: I don't understand...
    Carolyn: I promised Candy, a vacation if I sold an article, but
    now I have to spend it on repairs because your blas...ugh stingy
    nephew won't spare a dime.
    Daniel: Like I said, you can use blast on him.
    Carolyn: Thank you...
    Daniel: That's better.Cheer up, try to get some work done.
    I'll leave you alone.
    Carolyn: Thank you, you are sweet.
    Daniel: I told you, I am not sweet! You really need to watch your language!

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hey friends. :)

How did I legit fall behind 6 PAGES!? :confounded: Oh dear...

I've been busy, mostly with taking care of my family and writing, so I just haven't been able to keep up as well as I would like to. :(

Catch up time! :star:

***WELCOME NEWCOMERS!***

I've seen a few of you lately. ;) Thanks for posting. :)
    (Welcome back to TS3 @texxx78 ! :smiley: )

@GraceyManor Oh I gotta have the compact form in CAS from MC or my CAS stuff takes longer to load than I prefer. :p
    Nice Lion King reference in your Kaiden and Willow story. ;) I legit have that entire movie memorized. :mrgreen: That's how much I LOVED it as a kid!
    And it seems you've jumped right into your rebooted story. :lol: It's great and I've enjoyed reading it very much. :):star:
    ----
    My story thread got moved to the gifting section of the site...my story has nothing to do with sending gifts.:(
    ^That's really odd. :confused: I think there's a lot of weird stuff going on on the forums lately, especially with the nasty new font in the comments box! :confounded:
    Regarding that notice up above: it was there on my phone when I checked the forum, but now I don't see it anymore on my Desktop. 🤷‍♀️ Weird.
    I always love all the poses you use in your stories
    ^Aww, thank you. <3
    I do do a bit of digging to find the perfect ones that's for sure. ;) It can be a real doozy sometimes. :confounded: If there's any you like, I can try to link them to you. :)
    I was super proud of the way that kiss on the bed pose between Seb and Abby turned out. <3<3 I squealed! :lol:
    Thanks for the sweet comments. :kissing_heart: I look forward to hearing what you think about the next part. ;)

@Karritz
    emorrill nice update to your story.
    ^Thank you sweet lady. :blush:
    Yay for your internet working! :star:
    I've never paused to look deeply into the spaceships and you're right, there's some cool stuff they have in there. ;)

@Tamijo Hey buddy. I need to reply to your PM...forgive me for being so slow with that.
    A Talking Heads song is the settlement's song eh? :grin: Sweet! It certainly fits. :) (BURNIN' DOWN THE HOUSE! Sorry, couldn't help it! :p )
    I think the leaders of Greg's River were well chosen. :star:
    Mussete getting the shaft from Nicholas! :lol:
    It would seem Magdalena suffered from postpartum depresson. (Been there...) Glad she's better. :star: (Oh you confirmed that in the next part. :p )
    Harald Dahl is a cutie. Can't help saying it. :p
    Colorful kitty! Reminds me of Garfield. :lol:
    I must say I don't blame Jane for punching Mussete in Greg's honor.
    Myra and John are cute. <3
    Aww, Michiko has always given me that best grandma vibe as well. :blush:
    ----
    David Bowie's 'Changes' song! :grin: Good one! Didn't ever listen to him much...he was a little before my time. :p And no one I've known has really listened to him so I wasn't super exposed to his music. (I was first exposed to that song by the version he did with a gal for Shrek 2. :p ) Here that is if you're curious, but me thinks you will prefer the original. ;) I love Norma's dress there. :)
    With that look at John face, I’m not sure I want to know, what the teens did in the bathroom
    ^LOL! :lol:
    *So what was your inspiration for this story? I've never seen anyone play something like this out (or this playstyle) and I am really enjoying it! :star:

@bekkasan I actually checked the folder where I throw mods in that I'm not currently using and I do have those Harry Potter critters from Severinka in there. ;) And I do have her website bookmarked. :star:
    I haven't done the Lifeguard career either and I so need to try it out sometime. :)
    You're right, it's not cheating when it comes to my story. :mrgreen:
    ----
    That houseboat is super cool and very well decorated! :smiley: I like the changes you made to make it just a little better. :)
    Gorgeous waterfall falling into that pond. :love: I'd campout - or live - by that for sure! :star:
    Jorge and Judy in the swan boats! <3<3
    The Rookery looks cool. :star: Now I'm curious who actually created it. :lol:
    Your story has been absolutely AH-MA-ZING lately! :star:<3 It deserves a thousand Awesomes!

@Mareah Well hello there. :grin: Does this mean you are a lurker? :mrgreen:;)

@HillyBeth *Waves* Been enjoying your posts. :)

@ZhakiraP
    emorrill jumping into chapter 14 of your story I feel a little bit disoriented, but from what I can tell it´s an exciting story! Love the hair colors and hints to magic.
    ^Lol! :lol: I can only imagine... ;)
    Thank you. <3
    But yeah you gotta start this story from the beginning. :blush:
    It's all on my blog starting HERE. :)

@Brandontaylor No worries my friend. We understand. <3 Did you see me mention how far behind I've gotten lately? :flushed:
    Glad you're enjoying the Titanic game. It sounds freaking awesome! :smiley:
    ----
    Aww, Christian and Emily are cute. <3
    "Simerica" - I love it. :mrgreen:
    Bummer he couldn't apply for a job at the Bistro...
    Oh hey, Emily is a witch. :)
    Zelda Mae and Madison Van Watson at the door! :p
    Our current chef, Jared, seems to call in a lot and the customers don't really like him. They only tolerate him because he is a good cook.
    ^No surprise there. :unamused: (Sorry, I'm not the biggest Jared Frio fan. :p )
    Emily decided to tell a joke to some guy named Cyclone Sword. (I'm not typing it the way EA put it, close enough)
    ^LOL! :lol: I was a little bummed you didn't... ;) Let me see if I remember: Cycl0n3 Sw0rd? Did I do it right? :p
    Great story! :grin: I want more!
    It's okay, catch up with my story when you can. <3 It'll be there. ;)
    ^Oh no! :open_mouth: Mega bummer! :confounded: You gonna take it in somewhere to get fixed?

@Turjan That is a gorgeous nighttime snowfall pic! :love:

@AlexaKry Always great to see you post on here. :smiley:
    Loved the backstory! :star:

Here's a couple of funny random pics from my recent gameplay of my story. :lol:

Abby was BEYOND tired of me posing her over and over and over again!!! I felt so bad. :cry: I hope she'll forgive me. <3

Screenshot-7.jpg

Somehow Harvey ran into Maru after I placed her near him at the Science Station for the picture. Hit play and this happened. I was like, "Eww Harvey WHAT are you doing to her!?" :joy: (And Maru looks all unamused. :lol: Though I think the old her would've rather liked it. :smirk: )

Whatre-you-doing-Harvey.jpg

Oh my! :joy: Anyhoo!

Happy Simming everyone! :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @bekkasan It worked; turned out it was the fact there was three Expansion Packs that didn't have Registry Keys. I repurchased Generations yesterday so I will be reinstalling all my Store Content and then reinstall the Mods (I miss receiving random notifications)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @GraceyManor

I could see some of your photos when I checked on
    my phone yesterday. thank you for the comment.

@emorrill

comments at your place

@Brandontaylor

sorry to hear about your computer problems,
    sadly I'm no techie so not much of a help here.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Random save shots

jr7lBFB.jpg

345YcZ7.jpg

Liz went back to visit the future ( she use a skintone that @Emily4331 gave me the link to, I love it.)

tWwmVzV.jpg

She had two children with a future guy and she brought her daughter with her
    this time.

xRuWE83.jpg

Isla is a bit unsure of where they are.

MqLZ53V.jpg

She soon meets one of the future residents, they greet

HpcSvFP.jpg

Liz bought a future home so they have somewhere to stay when they go there, someplace to call
    their own.

q4V1lfp.jpg

The home seems to come with a little helper

f4XmcMs.jpg

It's a big home so they need him.

2PzINSI.jpg

The future world is beautiful.

Post edited by Silverofdreams30 on
  • Options
    Screenshot-64.jpg
    Daniel: Let's use that sniveling weasel's cheapness to our advantage.
    Perfect!

Screenshot-66.jpg
    Candy: A treasure map in your book.
    Claymore: Oh! You're right.I'm going to be rich.
    Candy: You mean we're going to be rich.
    Claymore: Alright, we're going to be rich.70% for me, 30% for you.
    Candy: I'm not very good at geography, but I'm really good at arthimatic!
    Claymore: Fine 50/50.But we gotta keep this a secrete.
    Candy: We'll take an oath...repeat after me

Screenshot-67.jpg
    Candy: I promise to keep this a secrete.
    Claymore: I promise to keep this a secrete.
    Candy: Or witches will stick pins in me.
    Claymore: Or witches will stick pins in me.
    Candy: And snakes will crawl over me, especially
    my ears.
    Claymore: -gulps- Or snakes will crawl all over me, especially my
    ears.
    Candy: I'll be boiled in a pot of lizards gizards
    Claymore: I'll be boiled in a pot of lizards gizards
    Candy: Okay we can start digging.
    Claymore: What a dreadful experience....I need an excuse
    to start digging! I know, I'll fix the front steps for your aunt.
    She won't suspect a thing.Haha!

Screenshot-68.jpg
    Carolyn: Oh, captain I think you were quite hasty to collect your
    prize
    Daniel: -tosses money back to her-
    Carolyn: Thank you...wherever you are.

Screenshot-74.jpg
    Daniel: Madam I have an announcement for you.
    Carolyn: And I have one for you.You owe me 5.00 all you did
    was give me back my own money.
    Daniel: Which I was willing to let you keep, but in light of your annoying
    attitude, I now require you to return it to me, because I won the bet.
    Carolyn: Apparently, you can't see without your telescope.Claymore is
    fixing everything on my list.
    Daniel: Not with that childish story you concocted.It was my genius plan
    that did it.
    Carolyn: Your plan?
    Daniel: Why do you think that crustaceous cheapskate is doing your
    repairs? He thinks he's on a treasure hunt.
    Carolyn: I don't believe it.
    Daniel: Ask his partner in crime...your niece.

Screenshot-71.jpg
    Carolyn: Candy, can you come up here for a minute?
    Candy: I'm helping Mr, Gregg.Can it wait Auntie?
    Carolyn: No it can't, come on up.

Screenshot-72.jpg
    Candy: If you find anything you better not hide it.
    Claymore: Do I look like the type to hide anything?
    Candy: Don't forget the oath...I haven't even mention
    the crows picking at your eyes.
    Claymore: That isn't fair! That wasn't included in the original
    oath.

Screenshot-73.jpg
    Carolyn: Are you on a treasure hunt with Mr.Gregg?
    Claymore: I took an oath.
    Carolyn: Don't you think it would be okay to break it this once?
    Candy: gee, Auntie, I gave my word, I really did, and you told me
    that is really important.
    Carolyn: You're right....go on back to digging.

Screenshot-70.jpg
    Carolyn: I'd like to see that treasure with my own eyes.
    Daniel: You will my dear, you will.

Screenshot-76.jpg
    Claymore: Its mine! All mine.
    Candy: That's not fair! You promised
    Carolyn: What's the matter?
    Claymore: Oh nothing, I dropped something and I need to clean it up.
    Candy: You said we were 50/50 partners.
    Martha clenches her fist into a ball.
    Martha: You wouldn't break your promise to a little girl would you?
    Claymore: uh...no okay you can have the trunk, I'll take whats inside.
    Claymore: ...a peg leg?
    Martha: Wear it in good health.
    Claymore: ....that's not fair.
    Candy: Will make a great place for my dress up.How much
    you think the trunk is worth Auntie?
    Carolyn: Oh, about 5.00 -sigh-
    Daniel: haha! I win.
    Carolyn: :|

Screenshot-78.jpg
    Daniel: If it isn't one disturbance, its another.Must you clatter away
    on that device at all hours.
    Carolyn: I'm sorry, but I had a marvelous idea for my article.
    Your story the other night, really helped.
    Daniel: If you're trying to flatter me out of our bet, that mind
    trick won't work, you lost.
    Carolyn: Well, that's a writer for you.Guess you can't change me.
    Daniel: I don't think I'd want to.
    Carolyn: ...

• Options
    LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    Lacy finally learned the gardening skill and planted the free seeds. There were a lot more food seeds in that set, so that's good. I also discovered that sims can eat wolfsbane flowers if they roast it on the fire pit, but I don't think I'll be making use of that unless they have no other food source because it does seem like an odd thing to eat. Unfortunately, part of the garden ended up getting destroyed, so I had to fence it off. Lacy also started writing a non-fiction book about horses and has earned some money from that.

Hope hasn't been fishing quite as much because she's been focused on her relationship with the alien, whose name is Ine Zhah. The two are now friends and Ine Zhah has moved in. She brought in 20,000 simoleons by default. I thought that seemed like a lot and kind of cheaty given the nature of the challenge, but it also didn't seem realistic to take it all away since she would have had something, so I pulled up a random number generator between 1 and 10 and decided whatever I got would be the number of thousands of simoleons Ine Zhah had. I rolled an 8, which is still relatively high but I think it'll go quickly. Ine Zhah has the green thumb trait, so she went to help with the garden autonomously and learned gardening pretty quickly for some more seeds.

I haven't done any building on the lot yet except the garden fence, but furniture is coming along well. They got another loveseat from the dumpster, so since Ine Zhah doesn't need to lay down to charge her brain power, there will be no more need for sleeping on the ground until they have to switch to tents for the winter. Hope also picked up a table from the junkyard to put a lamp from a previous dumpster dive on for some light at night when the fire's out. They also have a bookcase from the dumpster, and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep the books that come with it. The skill books could be a little cheaty, but on the other hand I have been keeping free seeds from gardening skill and some of Ine Zhah's initial money.

The three of them are currently on their trip to France. It's been all business so far, starting with a trip to the market to sell some collectibles. I have a rule that they can't sell rocks and such "into the ether" through inventory or build/buy. Then I sent Hope off to do some more fishing and sent Lacy and Ine Zhah to the nectary for all the harvestables.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited April 2021
    Time for at least some answers :smile: .

@Brandontaylor Thanks. I was a bit disappointed that the meteor itself somehow disappeared, but yeah, the kitchen remodel was overdue. It more or less completely burned down.
    And good luck on your story reboot with "Christian". Your sim edits look very good :smile: .

@bekkasan Thank you for the good wishes. Let's hope for the best :wink: . Given I post something, it's probably on the way up. Glad you like the shot. It's a beautiful little town. The meteor took out the front door, so everyone had to go through the garden entrance :lol: .
    I love your last updates. Well, i guess the Oracle should have looked after herself after all. Good that she is more reasonable than she sounded after waking up :smile: . Oh well, people are people. That's why we love or hate them, or sometimes both :heart: .

@thuggishsplicer Sorry for the delay, but yeah, I share your feelings about Roaring Heights. Sometimes, the urge to sound positive is that great that people forget to mention the issues when they overall love a thing. My first comment about Roaring Heights was about the tiny rooms and huge or extensive hallways. When I looked at that world, I thought I wouldn't be able to use a single house without remodeling it. But yeah, good luck with your building projects. Looks as if you were on a good path.

@GraceyManor I use Firefox and I see all your images, at least lately. I think only Facebook images are blocked for me (related to something about blocking Facebook trackers I think), and those of a few hosting sites nobody here uses. So you are golden.
    I remember your latest story, at least everything inluding your last post.

@ZhakiraP I enjoyed your last updates. Those pics always look so exciting :smile: .

@AlexaKry Whew, what a dark story about Tristan and his brother. I like it though :smile: . Great update.

@Silverofdreams30 Lovely shots from Oasis Springs. Although I'm not overly fond of that specific house. The kitchen is downstairs, and then there's that long staircase to the upper floors. My sims were always going up and down, up and down... :lol:

@emorrill Thank you very much. Looks like Abigail now has some confidant(e)s. That was a rather enjoyable update. So I guess Sebastian has dyed hair that isn't related to magic (if the question sounds dumb, I can't distinguish purple from blue)? Now we all wait for the "I am your father!" update :lol: . Without lightsabers, I assume.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

From Mountain Lake, my game moved to a very old custom world from 2010, Niua Simoa. When I had first looked at it, it didn't right click with me, but the second time it was different. I love the setup there.
    For the moment, here a shot of the volcano looming over Tapuwhai Town. What could possibly go wrong?
    BgmXdWl.jpg
    Well, of course nothing, given it's the Sims3 :smiley: .
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    @Turjan

Thank you, I totally agree with you about
    that lot. Those stairs are really annoying.
  • Options
    some more random shots

8BWcy2J.jpg

Lovely night shot

gCZWVHc.jpg

Liz met up with Finn so he could meet one of the children.

EFu5REK.jpg

It was a bit awkward at first

q1hlDKq.jpg

But they got along

wYCiiNi.jpg

Liz sat down a bit away and looked over at them.

JEdQRVp.jpg

Later Isla went swimming, so they had a bit of them time, she only met him when visiting
    Oasis Landing.

m3tnfKY.jpg

giay9m6.jpg

Took a photo together

viuqtk4.jpg

Just being there

mEiBoZ8.jpg

2NNtJXR.jpg

Enjoying themselves

3R8NCnu.jpg

Having fun

AgYs8zp.jpg

Finn
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Brandontaylor I'm sorry you are having trouble with the computer and not able to play right now. I sure hope it is an easy fix.

@Kynan I do love that bridge at night. Great photo.

@AlexaKry Woot! Comments on your thread.

@GraceyManor Thanks so much for your comments on my random pictures. :heart:
    I didn't make the houseboat. I guess I didn't make that clear in my post.
    That is weird a guru would move it to the wrong section. Did they ever apologize to you?
    I look forward to your comments about my recent story updates when you get time. :smiley:
    I enjoyed the updates. The banter between them is cute.
    I'm not understanding why Carolyn had to pay the capt when Claymore said 'alright' to fixing the plumbing issue. Did I miss something?
    Clever ruse to get Clamore to fix the steps by the Capt. which helped Carolyn?

@LilynWolf Welcome to the thread. The combo challenge sounds interesting.
    It sounds like they are doing well with the challenge so far.
    Nice the new friend brought a bit of money to them and they could go visit France together.

@emorrill I think I have her (severinka) entire sims 3 catalog downloaded. :lol: You need to use them in a story sometime. They are sooooo cool. Crookshanks the cat sits in Wisteria and Dedrics bedroom in a corner. :grin:
    I actually did not change anything on the houseboat as yet. I just said what I would do. :grin:
    Thanks again re the story. I hope others enjoyed it too.
    Love the outtake pictures. Yes, Abigail looks like 'leave me alone now!'

@Sleepstar Oh, I guess that is not good not having proper keys.

@Silverofdreams30 Love the random photos! The future can be fun to visit, but I don't let my sims in my main stories do it now. It botched too many saves for me to do that. I would have to do a separate save to send any sim to the future. Hope yours doesn't glitch.
    Your pics are beautiful.
    More awesome random shots. Finn is gorgeous and nice to see him befriending Isla. I love his two tone hair!

@Turjan I'm still waiting for a natural meteor attack. I think playing as much as I do since 2012 it would have happened. :grin:
    Yes, I think she is one of those people that can be lovable and hateful both and lost herself somewhere down the road. I may do a story on her someday, but not with this one.
    I dunno, I hope you didn't just jinx yourself asking what could go wrong. :lol:
    Another beautiful night shot. Love the pitch dark sky!

Same rainbow, different view points in the Supernatural world by Rflong
    51107120389_16b3266eb9_o.jpg
    51107379696_d38c6bc412_o.jpg
    51106800887_b7cfdccf06_o.jpg
    51107274038_c40c88c977_o.jpg
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @bekkasan I haven't brought Supernatural or Seasons which were the other two Registry Keys but I have been spending yesterday redownloading my Store Content and reinstalling the Mods in a new Mods Folder
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @bekkasan

Thank you his name is actually Felix Finn, a townie in oasis Landing.
    No glitching so far, but this is just a random save so not a main one.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Felix_Finn

Those rainbows are beautiful-
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2021
    @bekkasan: Comments at your story page

@AlexaKry: Comments at your story page

@emorrill
    Great update, we are finding out much more about her and so is Sebastian.
    Saw your music suggesting, will reply to that later.
    More comments at your story page.
    ………………
    Love that Harvey / Maru episode, You shown me, now I what it in the story o:)
    …………………..
    Ya BURNIN' DOWN is good, know them very well love a whole lot of their music.
    Ya Magdalena got hit by an ugly mix of “Postpartum Depression” and “Male Disappearance Disease”
    “I must say I don't blame Jane for punching Mussete in Greg's honor” Ya and I guess she knows no one will.
    Funny version of Changes. It’s alright.
    ……………………….
    “So what was your inspiration for this story?”
    That is a very complex question, could babble about that one for a full page :)
    So instead to keep it as short as possible:
    When I wrote my first story. I slowly found interest in all the things you can to with nraas mod’s, especially “Retuner”. So I started forming the idea of a completely empty world where I could better control my “experiment” with at first very few people (Ya I refuse to call them sims – they are persons, characters, settlers or villagers), the less people the easier to follow what everyone does.
    At this point they have proven the most important practical survival skills, they hunt, fish, garden, repair write paint and so on, so now the “mod” experiment are less important in itself, the “new” experiment is now more social / psychological, how will they act towards each other if no one guide them, who can live together in peace and who can’t.

My role is as most have probably understood, partly to represent the decisions that I believe the “Assembly” would make. Give settlers’ permission to work at certain locations. Buy/sell what I guess a certain settler would do if he could do it by himself.

@Silverofdreams30
    Great updates - Love the black and white idea
    ………..
    Random save shots: Wonderful the first close-up

OQ3N2iu.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Carson and Annabeth Lowell reached full adulthood and their daughter Madison becomes a teen today!

Carson
    cdmSP5b.jpg
    LiAp6La.jpg

Annabeth
    hN43B97.jpg
    vUkJqxr.jpg

I'm gonna try to stick to this one. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @Tamijo

Thank you, oasis landing is fun, wish I could place a school there
    though, seems not to work form e.
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Tamijo Ah, how could I forget to mention you. Scatterbrained. I love your story updates. It's great seeing how it all weaves together. Of course, with more sims, it will also become more "normal". But that's how things go.

@bekkasan Thank you. Wonderful rainbow shots again. And no worries, I didn't jinx the volcano,. That one can't erupt even if I wanted it to. Or I wouldn't have my char move to a house that sits so close to it that it isn't on the last pic :lol: .
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Maybe, I tell a bit about that Niua Simoa game. It leads us into this poverty-ridden and crime stricken s**thole with good weather tropical paradise that's loosely based on the Pacific islands of Samoa, Tonga or somewhere around that area.

So I wanted to start the town with a single that isn't the town loonie or a member of the royal family and picked one. Meet Robert-Michel Gao (I have to pronounce this French to remember it :smiley: ), well into his full adulthood and, at the start of the game, part of the crime issue of this island.
    25PN4RV.jpg
    And no, that pic isn't from the start. His house was so small that it was hard to get any good pics in there, so this later one has to do. Robert-Michel recently fell out with his girlfriend Mae (both with Asian culture trait, in this case Chinese), who wasn't as enthused with his choice of job as he seemed to be (at least that's the official version). Given Robert-Michel has the traits Loner, Bookworm, Neat, Athletic and Workaholic, those certainly make him fun at parties. Robert-Michel and Mae already had a bit too much fun with each other, which means there's a little toddler son named Marvin involved. You could also see this from the child support payments, that clocked in at $100 every 16 hours.

Now, we all know that those child support payments are set up in a way to produce the maximum amount of drama, usually leading to the sim who didn't win the child losing all money, his job and his house, usually in this order. In this particular case, the math revealed that the weekly child support of $1050 had to be paid from a weekly salary of $510, which covers less than half of it, let alone pays for Robert-Michel's own taxes or food. Also, given he is a neat freak, he can't leave the house without making his bed and cleaning all the dishes first. Also, his carpool stopped at a weird place, which was followed by a long walk on foot along the beautiful slopes of the volcano, which meant he was usually an hour late and an hour's payment short. Or, in other words, crime doesn't pay (enough :lol: )

This is his boss, btw., Henry II. Tapuwhai, the designated crown prince of the island and highest rank criminal. At the royal palace, no less. Yeah, it's that kind of island...
    0HpiQ7a.jpg
    After two days of watching this, I had already bought him a laptop before his funds had dried up, and with his traits, he should become a professional writer - which he did. His "career" was just a waste of time, anyway. However, I thought I might find a quicker solution, and a double solution at that. Meet Prudi Tench, an elderly film star who lives in the second largest (after the palace) and most desirable house on the island. She also has a nice hot tub.
    O9RVy1r.jpg
    I had Story Progression off, so it doesn't produce couples of all the islanders in the first five seconds. Anyway, it's the sims, and a few hours later...
    ARjUtBO.jpg
    The End -*-
    Oh, wait... Let's go back one step. You don't have to buy the cow to milk it (certainly no disrespect intended - Prudi was a pretty nice woman anyway - but I think that's how the saying goes). Let's keep it at the "keep Prudi happy" level. Moving in is completely sufficient.
    nif42SA.jpg
    Also, Prudi just loved her convertible - probably because it was nominally more expensive than her celebrity speed 10 sports car - an arrangement that avoided any arguments.
    rmpihVk.jpg
    That's only half the solution though. Given Prudi was rich, child support was now at $500 every 16 hours, which would probably fulfill Mae's (the ex-girlfriend's) lifetime wish of swimming in cash in no time at all. So:
    "Prudi, would you mind if my ex-girlfriend moved in?" - "Of course not, Robert-Michel, what could possibly go wrong with this setup? I can't think of anything!"
    "Also, she comes with a toddler" - "Cute, I just love kids! And I always missed getting one of my own."
    "Deal."
    So Robert-Michel had to bring up all the charm he could muster (OK, I had to play him against his traits - again), and Mae and Marvin became part of the family. There was just about time enough to teach him all his toddler skills before he aged up to child.
    D44OsjO.jpg
    If you wonder about that suit: Yes, that's Robert-Michel's everyday outfit. Don't ask...
    And oops, who would have thought?
    v6Vn2dm.jpg
    I guess the bees and the flowers - or was it the stork? - brought us a little baby girl, Nelly. What a surprise!
    Mae wasn't really happy, nevertheless. She spent her days watching TV or switching off the lights or the fireplaces ("Frugal" is nice for a shack, but a royal PITA in a palace). She didn't show any interest in the children.
    VXjRZxL.jpg
    Mae's conversations with Robert-Michel didn't always go that well, either.
    Ww6lrjH.jpg
    Turns out she already had a different boyfriend, a native from the Fuanaki family, this strapping lad:
    rGwn30y.jpg
    She got twice the man (at least on a per pound base) at half the age. She probably got a coupon for that one.
    Aren't they cute?
    flCVo0Q.jpg
    And no Prudi didn't want that guy in her house. At least that's what Robert-Michel told me. So Mae moved in as the seventh member of the big and happy Fuanaki family. Yay!
    The kids stayed, btw, given Prudi and Robert-Michel had the best relations to them. It was a not so big - but still happy - family. Most of the time at least :lol:
    eMOGgqI.jpg
    Until next time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top