Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Wow. Still quiet over here. I hope it means y'all are having a bunch of fun in life, spending time with family or loves, and all is well. <3 I continually pray for good health among all of us in this continued COVID stricken world...

@GraceyManor Which story are you thinking of rebooting? :)
    I've noticed that some outfits and hairs won't show up in my CAS either and I think it's more cc conflicting with each other than MC settings, but I could very well be wrong. Cause the Dashboard will tell me there's no cc conflicts, but stuff still won't show up in CAS. One hair I found was simply just a bad cc file and wouldn't show up in CAS no matter what I did, even editing it to show up on all outfits in S3PE. Sometimes with cc you just never know what the issue is. :confused:
    How did you fix the issue in MC? I'm curious now.
    Did I see that it was your birthday yesterday? ;) Or the day before? If so :star:Happy Birthday! :star:

@Nikkei_Simmer
    There was no pathetic panic attacks at all. I'm thoroughly embarrassed for Sim-Haruo. What a wimp. :neutral:
    ^Lol! :lol: I always thought the husband/boyfriend freak outs were a bit too comical and silly myself.....
    Glad you kept calm and collected in real life. I bet that helped ease your wife's nerves considerably. <3 Sadly I never got to see how husband would've reacted when my water broke or started going into labor... (Cause I always wonder, especially when I see that in the sims. :lol: )
    I was at my weekly check up and they were like, "Your blood pressure is through the roof so we're sending you to labor and delivery..." So hubby was called and he met me at the hospital. Now that I think about it again, he was a great coach while I was experiencing contractions - and when I was getting the c-section - staying calm, so I guess he would've been the same had I just up and gone into labor at home. ;) (Can't believe that was 10 years ago! :open_mouth: )
    Anyway, forgive the story moment. :p Guess I've been in a bit of a story mode lately. ;)

@Karritz Internet troubles are the WORST! :confounded: Hope it's all fixed now.
    I always forget the things you can see in cars, buses, and limos too. ;) Cool picture. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

Yup very silent,
    I have been busy the whole day today.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    It was my birthday on monday, thanks =)
    For the fix

Nraas > City Hall > MasterController > Settings > CAS > Show in Compact Form
    And there willl be different options, i set them all to "False"

A couple stories of mine I thought of rebooting: the one about the guy who lost his wife and son in an accident and his eyesight.
    And the one about the haunted lighthouse.
    Screenshot-97.jpg
    Willow: Your son's awake.
    Kaiden: Before sunrise, he's your son.
    Willow: Good grief, we'll both get up.

Screenshot-98.jpg
    Kaiden: What's wrong?
    Willow: I'm tired and cranky! And He won't be quiet.

Screenshot-100.jpg
    Willow: You been fed, played with and changed..Now for the love
    of the maker, please let me get some sleep.

later that day....

Screenshot-101.jpg
    Kaiden: Why do I feel like I did something wrong?
    Azizi: You didn't, dear.We just have some news for you.
    Cosmo: We've decided to step down and retire.
    Kaiden: ....Wait what? I'm not ready for this yet.

Screenshot-104.jpg
    Azizi: You have your own family now, you're ready Kaiden.
    Cosmo: We trust you.

Screenshot-105.jpg
    Kaiden: Where did you get that droid from?
    Willow: I adopted it...

Screenshot-106.jpg
    Willow did too much "tuning up" and the droid got angry and zapped
    her.
    Willow: Ow! That hurt.
    Kaiden: :D
    Willow: Oh do be quiet over there.

Screenshot-107.jpg
    Kaiden: They don't like their chips adjusted.
    Willow: I didn't know that!
    Kaiden: :D You do know.
    Willow: I hate you...XD
    Kaiden: :D

Note: Did anyone notice a new font in the text box? Its so tiny and small.
    edited April 2021
    Started my reboot of an old story, and got more updates from Kaiden and Willow tomorrow.=)

Screenshot.jpg
    Claymore pulled up to the lonely lighthouse, that sat along the coast of Cape May.
    His knees were buckling under him as he approached the old lighthouse cautiously.
    Making his way up the cobblestone stairs, he slowly swung the door open.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Claymore: I sold the lighthouse.

A loud bang arose from the tower and a flash of lightning illuminated the sky,
    causing the lights in the old home to flicker, then finally shut off.

Claymore: It was the only way I could meet the taxes! I'm doing this for you.
    I leased it to a young lady named Carolyn, and her sister, and a niece.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Daniel: You had no right, you snivering coward!
    Claymore: We're lucky to find a...a...a buyer, oh maker!

Daniel jumped out from the corner, causing Claymore to go into
    a panic attack .He clutched his chest, screaming in fear.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Poor claymore fell to the ground like a rag doll, after a few hours
    Daniel finally tossed him outside, leaving him alone on the cold ground.

the next day:

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Carolyn: Oh Martha! What a charming lighthouse, its just as I pictured
    it would be.Gull lighthouse!
    Martha: Now that we know where the gulls stay, where do we live?
    Candy: I never seen a house like this before!
    Martha: None of use has seen a house like this before.

Carolyn and her family stood outside the lighthouse, overwhelmed by the quaintness of the
    home and breathtaking views of the ocean.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Claymore: Miss Muir? I'm Claymore Gregg, your real estate agent.
    Carolyn: How do you do? We love the house!
    Claymore: Here's your check back.
    Martha: What a wonderful house warming gift!....take it.
    Carolyn: I don't understand?
    Claymore: I took the house off the market, there's no deal.
    Carolyn: You have a better offer?
    Claymore: Oh no, that's not it at all.
    Carolyn: Well, I can't pay anymore, besides I have signed a lease.

Claymore was determined to get rid of the muirs, scared to death of his lake uncle,
    He wanted no part of this home.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Claymore: I can't sell you this house.
    Carolyn: Why not?
    Claymore: Well, for one its terrible isolated.
    Carolyn: Well, that's perfect! I'm a writer.
    Claymore: You won't be very happy here, the house is in terrible repair.
    Carolyn: Martha! Its enchanting.
    Claymore: Well, it is awfully musty and gloomy.
    Carolyn: We'll open a window and air it out.
    Claymore: Winds blow here all the time.
    Carolyn: That's the way to get rid of the mustiness.
    Claymore: Over a 100MPH
    Martha: That's the way to get rid of the hosue.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Candy decided to do a little exploring.She was confronted by
    Daniel, who tried his best to intimate the poor child. She stood
    in bewilderment, staring at the apparition.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Carolyn: Who is this man in the photo.
    Claymore: The former owner of Gull Lighthouse, my late great uncle Daniel Gregg.
    Carolyn: I think I'll paint the walls sea green.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Carolyn: What do you think of him Candy?
    Candy: I don't think he likes us.
    Carolyn: He's not alive anymore dear, he died before any of us were born.
    Candy: I know, he told me.
    Claymore: What?!
    Candy: The captain says he wants to see the house ship shaped in Bristle fashion!
    Martha: Listen to her, she's been here 10 minutes and she's already an old salt.XD
    Daniel lets out a ghostly laughter, as if to say I'm here and I see you.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Carolyn: Look at this view! Will do wonders for my writing!
    Claymore: Miss Muir, this home is haunted! those noises! That's him
    trying to get rid of you.
    Carolyn: You musn't let your imagination run away with you.
    Now, we're staying and that's that!

to be continued....I apologize for the long post
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Thinking about turning a random person in my dreams (who not oddly looks like someone on a tv singing competition) into a sim and plop a simself in and live out the dream in sims form...
    Sometimes my dreams end too soon and I begin to imagine what would happen.
    I'll try to post pics after of them to see if anyone can guess who the sim is loosely based on....
    Now onto continuing the dream!
    (Not the one about the easter bunny walking back and forth by my house playing here comes peter cottontail over and over... that was weird)
    Hope everyone who celebrates it had a good Easter, My town had an easter bunny walk along the road to spread holiday cheer - this year we had two. Except I knew who one of them was. lol!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @GraceyManor congrats on the new story. It looks interesting. I was enjoying the old story. Waiting to see what happened next. I was impressed by the way your heroine threw that villain away into the mountains.

@emorrill nice update to your story. I thought, since it's so quiet here at the moment I'd better do a little update to where I'm up to.

I actually have had internet for most of the day and have loaded heaps of my artwork. And I did some more on my video. It is done up to about 17 minutes so it's past half way. I hope I've got enough recorded to get to about 30 minutes but it's looking less likely. I'm accustomed to starting with about 2 or 3 hours of video to break down to 30 minutes. This time I only had 46 minutes before I decided to get started. So I suspect I'll need to play a little more. But that won't be too bad an ordeal.

So it's hot here today. And I've been at the computer since about 6 am and it's almost 5 pm now so I'm shutting down for the day. Will be back at it tomorrow. At least I can work on the video and play my game if I don't have internet access.

I just checked to see if I had any screenshots you haven't seen yet and I think I do.

I mentioned earlier that Clara has some interesting traits. She's an unstable snob and she was avant garde but that just changed to gatherer. I think gatherer is probably the best trait she has at the moment. I hope the unstable trait eventually vanishes too. Her other two traits are OK, they are vegetarian and neat. Well, when I was doing up her bedroom I was in a bit of a hurry and I gave her a relatively cheap little mirror. I think's it's called 'Chalk Board Mirror'.

Clara's first mirror
    Coaras-First-Mirror.jpg

Well, she objected to having to view herself in such a cheap little mirror and wished for a new mirror worth at least 600 simoleans. Since it was worth lifetime happiness points and she needs enough to get a few of the lifetime rewards I want her to get before she moves out, and I didn't exactly really love the original mirror she got her wish and this is the new mirror worth exactly 600 simoleans.

Claras-New-Mirror.jpg

Other members of the household were busy doing various activities. They are all supposed to be studying - learning useful skills or reading. I'm not sure what Wilfred is doing to Chris in this one.
    Willfred-Chris-Mark-Clara-Jack001.jpg
    Mark and Clara, at least, look like they are doing as asked. I think Jack just arrived some another part of the house.

They seem a little obsessed by the piano. I don't really want them to learn to play, but I needed something interesting to put in the middle of that big empty room. Stan is playing the piano. Wilfred is chatting earnestly to Jack. I think he's a bit obsessed with love and marriage at the moment. I need to get him to focus on the cat which isn't in the household just yet.
    Stan-Wilfred-Jack-Mark-Clara001.jpg

That's it from me for today.

Happy Simming All

• TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 43 - Take Me To The River - June 2727 part 1

This is the settlement community melody – always played by Jenny before the yearly assembly meeting, and sometimes at the baptism of a new born baby. The song is a ritual baptism of "Love & Fertility" also representing the birth of the community and the rebirth of new settlers, coming to the settlement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ7sCgyusO0

Shina turned 28, Mateo 8, and Ivery 1 year old this month

Mateo sometimes visit the Nara family, to chat a bit and play with Jiro’s toys

8SJvdPZ.jpg

Greg had off course know for a while, how “Ent” would compose the new “Greg River Assembly” and had informed new members to be there at the 3rd Assembly meeting the 1st of June 2727. Greg presented the new leadership of what would from now be titled “Greg’s River Village”.
    6 members would now lead the village. Greg would be the overall responsible and member of “Ent council”. Jenny his backup and co-leader. Marble responsible for the village chronicle keeping track of all the important events. Nicholás Valiente
    all security matters. Danelle Mercier would oversee the new-born children’s education. Botan Nara would guide farmers and also take care of the “Ent” agriculture students.

OiWbcwc.jpg

Besides the announcement of the assembly member’s future roles, Greg proposed the previously mentioned TV, Radio and Cell Phone receiver, the plan was accepted by a united assembly, but the construction would take time, expected at best, to be finished just before the winter.

Jenny playing “Take me to the river”, to open the 2727 assembly meeting

o69czY7.jpg

Simon Stone started work on his first novel. “He Knew is was wrong”

dhZxQ79.jpg

For some reason Anders Karlson left a frying pan at the stove and a fire broke out in the Scully household kitchen.

Anders attempting to reduce the damage while waiting for the firefighters to arrive

VYQ5wpF.jpg

Not unexpected for a girl like her, Mussete Mercier tried a pass on Nicholás Valiente. She was turned down.

Hw4cnTG.jpg

Even though every household now had laundry systems at home, many villagers still prefer the more modern machines at the community laundry.

bEkYke6.jpg

Just as the Beach-Gentry graden is thriving in the temperate and wet conditions we have got now for several months, also the large Mercier gardens are flourishing. It is almost constantly raining with day temperatures around 20° C.

iltwcGV.jpg

Seems like Magdalena Mercier is over her depression, she has written a 480 pages fantasy novel (the Street) and her relations to the baby have improved significantly.

F4csMTw.jpg

Danelle Mercier is also writing her first novel, so far she have done 166 pages, expected to be finished at about page 180.

EFASe61.jpg

Terry Scully got up early, seemingly for no other reason that enjoying the beautiful sunrise, he went back home without doing anything else.

Zo4N0DR.jpg

As oppose to Pongo, Ariko grew up in a relative wealthy household in “Ent”, with dog bed and toys.

zamaeOD.jpg

The last of the originally planed houses was finished at the middle of June.
    Inside a fashion house where the villagers could get new clothes, shoes, boots, jewellery and other accessories even a haircut or a tattoo. While also being able to use the Chess table or Drawing board.
    Outside a playground for the community children to play while the parents were shopping.

dUUYNJM.jpg

5m3cBHy.jpg

Editorial:
    Sadly, there is no “relation” between those working at the fire station and those firefighters that come to a fire, so when I say “the firefighters came the help” that is pure (not game related) fiction.
    Quite crazy the fire at this exact point in the story, it was completely autonomy.

Turned out to be impossible to control the fire station, way too many joined the profession overwriting whatever job they had before. The station will be in the map – but from now works as a “hangout”.
    gK9Gmti.jpg
    Staged the assembly meeting, everything else automated

Nicholás Valiente (Valiente House)
    Nicholás was born in “Ent” 2692, the only child of single mother Teressa Valiente working as a waitress at the local pub. Nicholás came to “Greg’s River in May 2727 as leader of the new fire fighter brigade at the fire station.

Favj0cY.jpg

Harald Dahl (Valiente House)
    Harald was born in “Ent” September 2697. His farther Theo Dahl is a Famous Sculptor, his mother Ophelia Magdalena Dahl is a professor of medicine and co-leader of “Ent” Hospital. He has two older siblings. Roald born in 2703 (a doctor) and Norma Dahl born in 2707. Harald came to “Greg’s River in May 2727 as part of the new fire fighter brigade at the fire station.

dOXZu24.jpg

@Brandontaylor
    Glad to see Daisy finally getting romantic interests from someone.
    Aught starting you save (almost) all over – must be a hard decision.

Otherwise no “random” comments this time
    commented the stories I follow in the story section.
    My time is much more limited now – I read as much as before, but cannot comment as much as I did. Will sometimes drop a random comment here and re-post my updates, but my focus will be in the story tread.

Was that a mouse?

LoIVXFC.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Hi all, been a busy week and sorry for not commenting. Kinda glad it was a slow week since I am catching up this morning. :grin: Lot more fun writing comments than doing housework I should be doing. :lol:
    I hate the new font in the comment section. With my old eyes it is a strain to read. Good thing it is not the same on the actual forum or I'd have to quit reading the forums. :cry:

@Silverofdreams30 Your makeovers of Cornelia and Cyclon are awesome.
    Malcolm looks so much better and definitely would not recognize him.
    The former babysitter is quite cute.
    Love your random pics and shower shot! :love:

@Sprottenham Congrats on getting the layout completed and starting the population process. I hope all continues to go well with that.
    Great rainy day picture.

@Siomne Glad she was able to recover some of the money.
    oh, ick! Too much drama with that affair. :lol:
    We love seeing pics and yes, family trees too especially those large convoluted ones. :grin:

@emorrill The grouping of Harry Potter critters is on her (severinka's) main sims 3 site. I know you have her link to her page. I forget which category as of course it is foreign language but wasn't too hard to find.
    Thanks so much for commenting on my pictures.
    I think I will definitely change him to a lifeguard. I've never done that career anyway so I should. :wink:
    Love the rainy picture and the horses. It's not cheating if needed for your story. :smirk:
    Comments on your story thread for the update.

@GraceyManor I just love the colors in that world and the house they are in. Makes for such interesting pictures.
    I'm glad Kaiden finally got to meet his son. So sad he wasn't there for the birth.
    hehe, love her new costume!
    I sure hope that is the last they will see of the bad guy!

Somehow I missed your birthday. I hope it was a fantastic day for you! Happy belated birthday!

Cute shots of the family with their son. I babysat my grandson yesterday evening and game me a new appreciation of how easy babies are in sims3. lol He's teething and was a bit on the cranky side. But, he likes strolling so we strolled alot! :smiley:

I loved your 'ghost and ms. muir' story. Looking forward to seeing the reboot.
    I'm glad you are starting over with it. Loved seeing Claymore terrified and passing out.
    He sure is trying to get them to rescind the contract.
    Candy is cute and I love that she already met the Capt.
    The post wasn't too long. Perfect. Look forward to the next installment.

@karritz Rachael is interesting. I'm not so sure about those green eyebrows! hehe, glad to see you got rid of them. :grin:
    Bummer you are still having crashing issues but you are smart to be saving so often.
    Weird the mirror doesn't show properly and can see the wallpaper under it. Unless you have your settings to not show mirrors?

@Nikkei_Simmer I dunno about that 'fun' save. I keep wanting to smack Haruo around for fooling around with Bebe! :smirk::confused: You know old people don't like change! :grin: ::Thwack:: I decided to thwack you with my cane instead of Haruo. :grin:

@Tamijo Comments on your story thread.
    Thanks for commenting on my pictures!
    Will comment on the new chapter on your thread.

@Sleepstar Glad you are still getting some time to play.
    Hope all goes well with the project and perhaps you will still get some time to relax.

@Brandontaylor I enjoyed reading your update. Glad you finally had time to play and get one together.
    Wonderful the family had breakfast together.
    Who can resist a man in uniform. Not I and apparently not Daisy! Yeah for them becoming RI.
    Glad to see Hal comfortable enough with the family to run around shirtless in his boxers. :grin:
    Christian is definitely a hottie!

@rubyskywalker Hi, nice to see you back.

@ZhakiraP I love seeing the alien kids. I need to figure out how to get some in one of my stories since I have the seasons EP loaded again. :grin: Or, I should dust off my old save that had 5 alien kids in one family. Dad was a scientist and constantly got abducted and I finally had to retire him and the abductions decreased.
    @Tamijo

They seemed to have a nice outdoor event there.
    cute cat.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you for the kind wishes. Populating and building houses is going good, except that some sims outfits got corrupted so they're walking around below ground level.. anyway, looking forward to post pictures of it as a part of the storyline when it is all done.

Haha, glad you like the rainy house picture. I actually wanted one in sunny weather, but it just so happened it was raining a lot that morning. ;)

@GraceyManor That's an interesting color scheme. It looks like everything happens under water.

The lighthouse spot looks very idyllic, a perfect place by the sea.

~~~
    And I suppose I should post the twin brother's birthday party here as well, so here goes:

Chapter 8.2: Double Birthday Party

Relevant family trees (www.theplumtreeapp.com):
    The Motorsen family
    The Kråkesen family

Saturday 21st August 2021
    Today is the day for Knut and Eivinds 35th birthday and their passage onto the adult life stage. Their birthday falls on a saturday this year, perfect for a great party!

50939189317_80112e4a71_b.jpg
    This is perhaps a cruel trick on my part, but whenever my sims have kids I always put the baby/toddlers crib in the same room as the parents bed (if room). The wellbeing of the offspring has a higher priority than the wellbeing of the parents. If you choose to have kids, prepare to face the consequences... no mercy. :P

Ah, what better way to start your birthday then waking up to a screaming toddler at 4:30 in the morning? But one can always feed him and change his diaper. And go back to sleep..

50939081566_99f017344a_b.jpg

50939081541_f61247b4c0_b.jpg

After this Bjørn-Yngve woke up and had a quick breakfast downstairs before retreating to Helenes writing den to play chess. Admittedly its getting a bit boring with how many of my sims seem to be so interested in playing chess... but they like what they like...

50938388403_54e08773d8_b.jpg

Knut woke up and decided to make peanut butter and jelly.

50939189227_13b3723196_b.jpg

Helene woke up with the phone ringing.
    Madison Van Watson had called her and wanted to talk about... fish.

50939081451_676226a5e5_b.jpg
    Helene: Morning Madison.. whats up?

A mumbling voice is heard through the phone.

Helene: Oh wow.. you've been up fishing all night? Did you get any?

50939189192_cf9cb39a77_b.jpg

Helene: Awesome, thats good! I'm sure you could make a fine buck from selling that!

50938388258_6b67f5842f_b.jpg

Helene: Oh thanks for asking. Yeah, my books are doing alright. I'm making some money, but I'm not getting rich yet.

50939081411_07af4748c0_b.jpg

Helene: "Guests will arrive in an hour, gotta make sure I look my best!"

Yeah, if you're a snob its important to be keeping up appearances... but trust me, you're fine!

50939189117_f663af2288_b.jpg

Eivind: "My party is coming up soon, maybe I should be a good host and prepare some soup"

Soup? No, you can do better than that...
    Sometimes I take the liberty and direct them to do something, because they do not always have the best ideas...

50938388198_b8c86b6d2c_b.jpg

Eivind: Ok, boss, I'll make burgers then.

First guests have arrived. The party has begun. Helene talking to her older sister Kathrine:

50938388158_d1c1932072_b.jpg

Helene: Hi sis, how is your medical career going? Did you get that pay raise you were hoping for? Knut is doing really well in his politcal career. He's making loads of cash!

50939081301_c5bd949463_b.jpg

Kathrine: That's good to hear! I did get that pay raise, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped.

50939081256_6c2031d02b_b.jpg

Helene: Ah, I see. I'm still waiting for Knut to take a hint and buy me that expensive diamond ring I have been looking at.

50939188977_e099b0b498_b.jpg

Kathrine: Oh sis, you're always so demanding! You would need to be almost a celebrity to make that kind of money!

I agree!

50939081211_a407316261_b.jpg

Helene: That could be, but I am sure Knut is going to be a top star in politics! He is on to really big things!

Don't run off with your mouth now.. you know just as well as I do that Knut has no such ambition...

50939188867_8142929812_b.jpg

Happy birthday Knut! Ah, one never gets used to aging up. I know, its always a little terrifying each time.. probably even more so when it happens in such leaps and bounds...

50939081136_8158ab481a_b.jpg

Now that wasn't so bad, huh? Now it's your brothers turn!

50938388003_31be57a47f_b.jpg

Happy birthday Eivind!

50939081081_1b845111bd_b.jpg

His outfit didn't change after he aged up, he still looks just the same.

50939081011_c4704dd681_b.jpg

So many people in there, this is actually incredibly noisy.. can't even hear the stereo.. :P

50938387943_75f136027d_b.jpg

Knut has the loner personality trait and agrees with me.

50939080951_1ee52364a1_b.jpg

Knut: The invitation said formal clothing, Ranveig. Formal clothing, not your fitness wear! Do I really need to spell it out for you, you're insane! You know that? Insane!

Wow, pot calling the kettle black here.. this is not how you make your party guests feel welcomed.

50939188687_03c829759d_b.jpg

This one hurts, I can tell, coming from your own brother, no less...yet Ranveig finds the strength to be nice. Or maybe she's being sarcastic...

50939188637_55c2524323_b.jpg

Ranveig: Oh, Knut.. you were always the brains of the family. I have always admired you for being such a genius.

50939188617_488f85d2cb_b.jpg

Ranveig: What a doofus... why is that guy my brother?

That question should go to your parents, not me...

50939188582_b471309d06_b.jpg

Eivind: I'm feeling much better over here watching tv, where there is not so many people.

I'm not going to say anything about that. Atleast you're not being rude like your brother.

50938387803_c080c11c4b_b.jpg

Helene thinks to herself: I am so happy that mom (Frida Kråkesen) could come over and enjoy herself.

50939080736_55800ab107_b.jpg

Knut: Sorry folks, its time to feed the little man!

--
    50938387683_a2702fb6fc_b.jpg

Monica: Has any of you tried the new lunch coffee over at Hogan's Diner? It's really great stuff!

Eivind: No I haven't tried that yet, but I have heard a lot of good things about it. I'm sure its great.

50939188407_bfa27b4d5f_b.jpg

Frida (talking to Sofie): Have you heard about Helenes latest book, Romletomle? Its getting a little mixed reviews. The Diraciff Writers Magazine gave it only a 52 % rating!

50939080636_478e71f78b_b.jpg

Sofie: Well, I think you should clean out your own dirty dishes before doing someone elses.. the few books you wrote got pretty mixed reviews as well!

Frida turns away and doesn't answer.

50939188317_dcf887669e_b.jpg

Egil to Frida (Helenes parents): Who has the smoothest, fastest and most expensive cars in Sunset Valley, huh? Thats good old Egil, alright!

50938387568_0e671090a2_b.jpg

Egil to Ingrid (his grandchild): Have you seen my wifes bike? It is the best of the best, a super expensive Yokoshimoto Wasp, the gold and aluminum model! And who bought that for her? Me, of course!

50938387543_b267cf790e_b.jpg

Helene to Eivind: We have so much in common! I think we should get to know each other a little better!

Oh no you don't.. you're married to one of the twin brothers, you can't have them both! Sofie is not going to like that if she hears it...
    Reminder: Knut is married to Helene. Eivind is married to Sofie.

50939188242_be15752f43_b.jpg

Eivind thinks: There seems to be an invisible magnet that just keeps pulling us together!
    (Eivind had the magnet thought bubble here, but I was to slow to catch it on screenshot.)

What!? NO, you did NOT just think that! I object! However, as much as this annoyed me, I did not intervene, and luckily it sorted itself out, because...

50939080446_f2fdb637f1_b.jpg

Helene: And I have the best most awesome car in town!
    ...of Helenes tendency to brag. (Just like her father..) Eivind yawns, and Monica in the background doesn't look to impressed either.... No one likes an excessive braggart!

50939188177_12848cc4d8_b.jpg

Haha, bad move, Helene! Bad move!

50938387378_bbb070129c_b.jpg

And just so you know, Sofie has been standing there listening to you all along... and she is not looking very amused.

50939188122_d01bafc387_b.jpg

Eirin just switched to her swimwear right in front of Ingmar. The way she looks at him makes me guess she might be hoping for something. Do you think the swimwear will help? Ah, you're so cute! :P
    Reminder: Eirin and Ingmar are the parents of Ranveig, Monica, Knut and Eivind.

50939188067_33cdd02be8_b.jpg

Helene, you must know that trick doesn't work.. No one finds your car impressive and nobody really cares... Eivind is still not impressed...

50939080166_15a0fb96e7_b.jpg

Ingmar just insulted Eivinds house, and Ranveig feels its time to step in between. Monica wants to back off from her father and brother fighting. Well, its 2:30 in the night. Maybe its time to end this party before things start to get out of hand.

50938387213_2601a6a289_b.jpg

Yeah, I think this party is over. Time to round up and send everyone home!

50939080026_a197ec4f0c_b.jpg

Helene (to Monica and everyone): Thank you for coming and for making this such a great party! But I think its time to go home now everyone! Thank you so much for coming!

Monica: The pleasure is on my side! Such a great party for my brothers! Thank you for hosting the party!

And that was it for now for the Kråke-Motorsen family and the twin brothers birthday party! Next time its back to university life. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    @bekkasan thank you for the comments. The mirror is working as it should. The room is small and it has the same wallpaper on all four walls. So what you are seeing is a reflection. I’m too tired to say more now. It’s 1 am and I’m about to go to bed.

Happy Simming.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Tried playing The Oakley Legacy Reboot. Unfortunately I lost the plants from the Bohemian Garden set (I don't know if it's because I used the Launcher)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    @bekkasan

Thank you glad you like them.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

These pics are from last weekend. I had Jorge and Judy (non preggers version) check out a houseboat that I added to Supernatural Island at the Mermaid area. It is appropriately called The Frisky Mermaid. Jorge immediately pulled Judy into his arms and they checked out the master bedroom. I will definitely change the blanket texture from a wood pattern to something more 'oceany'. The bottom picture is of the lower deck. Overall not much needs to be changed to the houseboat, routing was good. You can see Judy is thinking about camping. I had just finished up a camping area and that is the next place they will be testing.
    51092179006_c687eefb47_o.jpg
    51092179041_10b0caa075_o.jpg
    51092258989_49eb961366_o.jpg
    51092269407_38d6af0e0d_o.jpg

This is the area I decided to add a few small lots to set up a camping area. The second picture is of the lots. They are small and I have plans for one more.
    51092722013_330c74db07_o.jpg
    51107274013_ebe8d1a0a0_o.jpg

The tents and cooking area.
    51107379646_ff63c94961_o.jpg

What a perfect place to put a hot tub. :grin: Two 'outhouses' are also on this lot.
    51107120309_961f447525_o.jpg

Jorge tried windsurfing but you can't go very far because the lake is tiny. So, I put a pier and moorings so they could rent paddle boats and rowboats. It is a shame two sims can't paddle together. That would be cute.
    51108154680_42498ffb1a_o.jpg
    51108154665_91657ec9c5_o.jpg

This is pregnant Judy and Jorge checking out the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 area. Jorge is trying to find out what the sex of their baby is. Judy is excited.
    51108154800_5345bf678d_o.jpg

51107120449_d1d086d5bf_o.jpg

See the building on the hill? That is The Rookery. I downloaded it from the exchange. I don't recall who built it and they didn't put their info in the description of the lot. I'm too lazy to go back and look it up and if they want recognition they should have put their ID in the description. :lol: I thought it would look cool on that hill and it does. It is only 1br, 1ba, but I added a basement in case I need more space for the sim or sims who get assigned to it.
    51106800932_18815921f5_o.jpg

Front view.
    51107379836_36623041b1_o.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited April 2021
    I resumed on The Oakley Legacy Reboot; when I looked at the nectar racks it still said what ingredients I used to make the nectar, so I think some items must have uninstalled in the Launcher.

Edit: Just as I thought, the files are outdated, so the task of reinstalling everything begins. Touch wood everything gets reinstalled when I next play

Edit 2: Reinstalled fifteen items so far, but will try and reinstall everything tomorrow

@bekkasan The builders isn't due to return until Monday, so I have the weekend to play
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited April 2021
    Oh, it's going to get even more confusing. :D:mrgreen:@bekkasan. :D

Had to build a Master Bedroom for Bebe and Haruo's house. :D
    Screenshot-23.jpg

Bebe at the Science Station (she used the brain-thingy to zap away her aversion to technology) and Haruo at the Robotics Station.
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg

Haruo having a meltdown because his Bebe is in labour. What a wuss.
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

@GraceyManor
    Intriguing start (or continuation) of you story, at first glance i thought the poor man fell death from the shock.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin

@bekkasan
    Wow what a lovely camping area, beautiful.
    That world is getting more and more wonderful the more you show from it.

edited April 2021
    Screenshot.jpg
    Carolyn: Its time for bed Candy.
    Candy: Good night Aunt Carolyn, good night captain gregg!
    Carolyn: There is no such things as ghosts, now go to sleep.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Carolyn: I know you're there...Stop acting like an adolescent! If
    you have something to say, say it.If its one thing, I can't stand, its a cowardly
    ghost!
    Danie: Come back here..

Carolyn spun around, nearly tripping over the chair.Standing before her,
    appeared to be a gentleman from a time long ago.She took a moment to
    study his features, before speaking.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Carolyn: Captain Gregg?
    Daniel: Madam, you called me cowardly...Not only is that rude, but it is inaccurate!
    I may be a scoundrel yes, but never a coward!
    Carolyn: Your nephew, Claymore Gregg said you were here...but
    Daniel: That miserable wart! That spineless toad related to me?! I'm an only
    son of an only son! I never met his grandmother in my life.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Daniel: I been trying to tell him that for years! But every time he sees me,
    he faints....I'll say this much about you, you haven't fainted yet.
    Carolyn: Is that a problem?
    Daniel: Now don't go to far, I been easy on you.That's because you said one
    or two intelligent things since you been here.
    Carolyn: I take it you don't like women.
    Daniel: Easy to love them yes, like them no.
    Carolyn: Now that we moved in here, I would hope you will do your haunting else where.
    Daniel: Me?! You do your living elsewhere.I spent my life savings on this lighthouse! I meant
    it to be home a for a retired seaman!
    Carolyn: Well you should have put that in your will.
    Daniel: I didn't have a will!
    Carolyn: Why not?!
    Daniel: I didn't plan to kick the blasted heater with my blasted foot.
    Carolyn: Its not my fault you kicked the blasted heater with your blasted foot!
    Daniel: Blast is not a lady's word!
    Carolyn: BLAST! BLAST BLAST BLAST!

Screenshot-7.jpg
    Carolyn: We can't leave, I spent all my savings to move here.
    Daniel: Delay that...don't cry...I can't stand to see a lady cry.
    Carolyn: The minute I saw this house, I knew I belonged here, it was
    like it was asking me to rescue it.
    Daniel: You love the house? It counts for you.You have 🐸🐸🐸🐸
    that counts for you to...you may stay...on trial basis.
    Carolyn: Thank you.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Carolyn: How soon can you pack?
    Daniel: Pack?!
    Carolyn: Well we can't all stay here as one happy family, either you go or I go.
    Daniel: I'm being reasonable and fair, said you could stay.You are being unreasonable
    and unfair!
    Carolyn: Fine, if that's how you feel, we'll leave immediately!

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Candy: I'm gonna miss this lighthouse.
    Carolyn: There are other lighthouses.
    Candy: I'd hate to leave the beach.
    Carolyn: There are other beaches.
    Candy: I hate to leave Captain Gregg.
    Carolyn: There are other ghosts.
    Martha: I know I'll miss it...Every Halloween.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Daniel: Its too quiet around here...

Screenshot-10.jpg
    As Carolyn attempted to leave, she lost control of her car, it started
    steering off the road, and every which way by itself.
    Carolyn: Stop it! Let go.
    Martha: Who you talking to?
    Carolyn: To myself
    Martha: You changed your mind?
    Carolyn: No I didn't...don't get out we're not staying.

Screenshot-6.jpg
    Carolyn: How dare you bring us back here!
    Daniel: Oh its you? I thought I got rid of the lot of you.
    Carolyn: why did you stop us?
    Daniel: Stop you? You're mistaken.
    Carolyn: You don't want us to leave, but you won't admit it.
    Daniel: You don't want to leave, but YOU won't admit it.
    Carolyn: I will only stay, if I'm free to leave.
    Daniel: My dear, when you really want to go...I won't be able to stop you.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Later that night, Daniel quietly appeared at the foot of Carolyn's bed.
    Studying her as she slept.
    Daniel: I never once allowed a woman aboard my ship. But if I had known
    you a hundred years ago, I would have carried you off to sea, and shown you
    how beautiful the world could be. I have met my match in you. Lord knows, I waited
    for you and hunted for you. How was I to know you haven't been born yet.Oh you
    won't remember this when you wake, madame.How sad, that you were not born in my
    time nor I in yours.

I'm so sorry for these being so long LOL.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    Hello All. I have internet. Turned on the computer and there it is. I'll try to give some feedback on your posts. I just hope I stay connected until I click 'Post Comment'. I won't go very far back though. It'd take me a week of typing if I were to go back to where I left off.

@emorrill my internet is working today. I'm happy. I always get a surprise when I peek inside one of the vehicles with sims inside. The school bus is easy but others can come up with surprises.

I've been known to pause the game to get a good look inside the space car when aliens come visiting. It is well worth the effort due to the amount of stuff they've got inside that small vehicle.

This pic doesn't show much of it - you need to rotate to see it all.

Gene024.jpg

@GraceyManor I like the greenish colour scheme you've used for your sim's interior decor.

I am easily distracted - your pretty greens made me think of your Pink Lunar Lakes rocks and that made me remember there is a mod that makes them recolourable and I didn't download it so I did a Google search for "lunar lakes rocks colour change mod" and was taken to Mod The Sims and a huge list mods that unlock stencils and fix routing issues and a lot of other interesting things. So I had to download almost all of them just in case, and some I do really need and others I am sure I already have but these might be later versions. Now about an hour and a half later here I am back with a lot less time that I'd planned on spending on doing comments of people's posts.

I noticed the new font. It looks like Arial but could be something similar. It is hard to read but it doesn't appear small on my PC.

Your new story looks like fun. I love having sims who are afraid of ghosts. I know the coward trait will make them faint if they see a ghost but I think there is at least one other trait that makes them do that too but I can't remember which it is.

@Tamijo I like your graphic of 'Greg's River Village Assembly'. Your stories always entertain me.

@bekkasan that's an awesome looking houseboat. Your sims should be comfortable on it. I smiled when I saw them getting splinters while in bed. I still have my poor sims getting splinters when trying to sleep.

I love the flowers in the pic with the tents and your sims sitting around the fire pit. It is a pretty camp ground.

I've never used the swan boats yet. I think I tried once years ago and they didn't do anything. I'll have to give them another go one day.

The little tent you made with the crystal ball inside is similar to the one I made for my Magic Gnome's Magical Fun Park build. I put magic items inside it too. I have it in my Great Southern Land game (for the 30 Grandchildren Badge video) and was hoping to get some video of a sim using it at some stage but I've been wondering if I'll be able to get any video of them inside due to it being so small. You seem to have done a good job of getting this pic so maybe there is some hope. I like the red and green stripes too.

I've got the rookery. I haven't used it for a while. I think it came originally with Generations. You might have a version someone made over. The original is quite small inside, only 1 bed and 1 bathroom.

@Sprottenham your family look nice. I was impressed with the number of sims you had at the birthday party. And two cakes so obviously it was a double birthday. They are fun. Knut's thought bubble (too many people) looks familiar. I usually have at least one of those sims in my large gatherings. I used to feel bad for the sim but not now. They seem to manage just fine.

Sometimes I wonder about some of my sims, who I know do not have the insane trait, when I see them turn up to a wedding in their 'formal' wear that it looks like they just walked out of a gym. I had a few of them at a recent wedding in my game.

@Nikkei_Simmer nice updates. I see you are back into extending your sims houses.

@BrandonTaylor nice Langerak family update. I know what you mean by saying you can't comment of so many days worth of updates. I've got to stop now too.

I'll try to do more later.

I felt the need to post at least one screen shot and went looking for this one. I thought it might interest one or two people. Most of you will be thoroughly familiar with what it is about. Demetria is chatting with Daryl, someone is coming up the spiral staircase. It could possibly be Sharonda. Anyway, Demetria and Daryl are standing on a social jig that is supposed to be invisible. It stops other sims from walking through them as they stand there. My game was a bit scrambled at the time, that's why the jig is sort of visible. It was flashing a bit and only visible properly from some angles. For anyone who might wonder about them, this is a social jig that is supposed to be invisible. It is supposed to be deleted when the pair of sims stop socialising and walk away. Sometimes they don't delete if the sims get interrupted and that spot becomes unroutable. Sometimes they do show up as gray ovals or circles or spheres. It is really annoying when they appear in front of the fridge or in a spot that prevents sims from accessing something they need. Or on chairs when pets, often cats, leave one behind. In that case they are tiny shiny balls.

Social-Jig001.jpg

Just for interest and info for anyone who hasn't come across them before.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2021
    I brought back an oldie but goodie couple. Carson is no-longer Carson Covington, but Carson Lowell again! Annabeth is still(currently) 'Annabeth Jacobson', but that's going to change soon ;) I also added more stuff packs to my collection and brought back Annabeth's old outfit she originally had(minus her Outdoor Retreat shoes)
    Jg8xiG5.jpg
    w3Wsua5.jpg

I brought their original appearances- as far as hair and eye color goes- back since I did that for my sims 4 couple.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited April 2021
    @Karritz - it's not really that big of a house in comparison to the monstrosities I usually build. They have three bedrooms (including the Master Bedroom, the basement holds their science stuff. And upstairs is living room and kitchen. So remarkably small...I'd say it's about 0.30 total area allowable in terms of lot size. Though of course, Sims won't end up with building codes and all that.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2021
    So... I popped into CAS to make the sim I was talking about... then saved them and sorta gave up because the hair color (dirty blonde is what I call it, like blonde & brown together) was too hard... any tips on making a TS3 sim based on a picture of someone?

Or if nothing else, the human in my dreams, not a real person, except that that will be a harder challenge as I don't know what they'd look like other than a description in my head.

Anyway, onto my Caldwell family save.
    I used Nraas mods to pop Justin into my sims household and had him propose to Maricela.
    Also, like mentioned before, they adopted a little dog named Jack, now named Lukas. I had Justin start to befriend the dog, but the only interactions he'll accept without biting is sniff hand, talk to, and give treat. Doubt the destructive trait helps.

I had Lukas try to socialize with Lakia also but tnat didn't start off well.

Lukas was listed as a mutt on the shelter adoption thing, but I'm convinced from the snout shape and ears that he's at least a pitbull mix.
    If Lukas becomes too much of a handful I might put him up for adoption, but I'll give him a chance first.

Also, considering having Justin and Maricela adopt for their first kid, unless the universe decides otherwise, or there's an alien involved LOL.

Tomorrow I'll get to play through Maricela's bachelorette party at Mick's Master Karaoke bar and I still need to decide where Justin will have his bachelor party... I suppose I could build a sports bar?

Also, any tips on building a fabulous looking wedding venue for Twinbrook?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com

@Karritz
    Those mirror pictures are fun, with the smaller "wallpaper" reflected.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top