Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,091 Member
    I hate when sims 4 pops up in my searches for sims 3 poses.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited December 2020
    Never mind. Nothing to see here. :D
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,434 Member
    edited December 2020
    I hate when sims 4 pops up in my searches for sims 3 poses.

@GraceyManor - Me too. I'm always having to type in the qualifiers in my Google Search: "Sims 3", -"Sims 4", -"TS4", -4 in my searches or otherwise they just keep popping up. And for good measure, -"Second Life" too because those bloody buggers always keep popping up as well.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    The Chikamori Selfacy
    Generation One - Chapter Two

Part Four

Pinochle Pond

River was revelling in her friend's nearness as they both sat close to each other. When they'd first started going to high school she noticed others hooking up and getting dates but nothing other than her studies interested her. She had a plan for her life that involved a lot of traveling and that would require a lot of money if she was going to travel on a regular basis. She was good with the brush and could craft a compelling story weaving words that left her classmates spellbound. She could see herself traveling the world armed with a paintbrush, canvases, pen and pad and earn a decent living from each. Maybe travel articles and paintings from France, China and Egypt. They were all the rage as far as travel was concerned and to be able to capture some of the sights that were available to the senses was more than reason enough to go.
    Screenshot-13.jpg
    "Have you ever thought about what you're going to do once you graduate?"
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Haruo was startled out of his blissful contemplation of the water ripples on the surface of the pond as River's question broke into his quiet reverie. He shifted his position slightly so as to not lose his balance and fall against her even if he was in a seated position. Turning to look at her he responded cautiously, "With all the schoolwork that we've had, I really haven't had much time to think about it." He turned back to staring at the pond for a long moment of silence. It was so long that River thought he'd forgotten her question. "I'm thinking about writing as a career with maybe a side into gardening like Dad when he's not busy at his business career." He finished.
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Those were homebody types of careers River thought as she continued to lock her gaze on him. To her it seemed as though he felt most comfortable at home...even if his mother was a Grade A cow of the rankest odour. She hoped however for his sake that he managed to get clear of his mother's claws.
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    "Have you thought about your plans after high school?" Was the return question to her and River smiled softly thinking inwards.
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    "I want to do the same thing that your uncle did, travel the world, see the Louvre, walk the trails over the Swiss Alps, see the Northern Lights in Aurora Skies, go to Tokyo and visit Al Simhara and the Pyramids." She paused, her eyes shining with anticipation at her future plans, She sat on the ground, and stretched her legs out again.

Haruo gave her an indulgent look nodding as if to say go on and she did.

"There's so many things I want to do, to climb Machu Picchu. And visit the old Inca ruins. To explore the salt flats in Bolivia. To go to Seoul and experience the feeling of what its like to eat authentic Korean cuisine."
    Screenshot-15.jpg
    "...everything, eh?" Haruo said looking at her, "it looks like you've got your future planned out better than me. You should do all that." He encouraged her.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    River looked into his eyes, and saw that despite his encouraging words that there was a lingering sadness in his eyes.
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    "I hope I can make a career out of being a writer." Haruo sighed looking up at the trees and intertwining the fingers of his left and right hands behind his head as he lay back on the grass looking up at the sky. He let out a deep breath. "My mom seems to think that writing is a dead end job." He paused exhaling in frustration. "She wants me to become a teacher like her. I have no passion for teaching and I want to blaze my own path." He let out an exasperated sigh.

River thought to herself, Writing is a dead-end job? Then why are there people making a living out of being writers? Mayumi is so full of poop it's a wonder she doesn't have a whole squadron of bot-flies hanging around her from the stench. She wouldn't know how to really motivate somebody even if she learned directly from the guy who played Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket. It was a wonder how Mayumi could treat her own son this way. River had received nothing but encouragement from her mother when she had informed Fiona of her intent to travel and potentially become a travel writer traveling the world and writing about new exotic places. But Haruo had no one to encourage him.
    Screenshot-26.jpg
    Then she had a crazy idea. Shang Sim La had a kung fu school and if Haruo came with her he could train there, writing articles on kung fu, maybe write a story, somewhere away from his mother's toxic influence. Allow him to break free of his mother's clutches. And it would give me a chance to stay in Shang Sim La too to take pictures, paint landscapes and...and.., she enthused silently, looking over at her friend who was silently still staring up at the sky. I'd be able to see him thrive away from that witch from hell of a mother River thought to herself surprising herself as to how possessive and protective she sounded.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    "You know maybe we should head back and get some lunch." Haruo looked over at his digital watch, a Casio A159W, which he'd managed to get for a Christmas present from his Uncle Satoshi. He showed her the time on the display. It read 4:27 if they walked they'd get into town about six in the evening. By then Molly would be working her shift at Hogan's. Hogan's Diner was the local greasy spoon which had franchised across the Lower Mainland; the menu options being slightly better fare than McDonald's on the edibility scale. The edibility tended to vary widely at the Sunset Valley Hogan's generally depending on who was manning the grill from edible and rather tasty when Molly was manning the line cook position to near heave-inducing when Jared Frio was at the helm of the grill station (considering Jared Frio's cooking skills - he seemed to spend more of his time improving OTHER skills).

But they say, beggars can't be choosers, and frankly, as long as there wasn't a cloud of flies emanating from the restaurant anytime one opened the door, the fare, if it didn't kill you, at least was filling.

"i think so too..." River concurred. To tell the truth she felt a bit hungry and her stomach was letting her know that if she didn't feed it in a reasonable amount of time she would regret not paying it any mind. Walking would keep her mind off the situation but eventually it would come to having to mollify her stomach. Maybe she could think of what to get on the walk with Haruo.

They both set out leaving Pinochle Pond behind. It had been their go-to place for many years. And River felt at peace there when the both of them would come up to the pond.

Walking across the fields brought them to Landgraab Ave which they would take all the way down past the SVPD station and past City Hall. It was a long walk in the heat but the anticipation at biting into a juicy delicious triple-stacked cheese burger and a tall cold glass of Pepsi was a dreamy prospect -thank goodness for high metabolism.
    Screenshot-52.jpg
    They were exhausted and sweaty by the time they reached Hogan's. Molly greeted them with a cheery "Hi, River; Hi Haruo..." from her station at the grill. River ordered the triple stacked cheeseburger heavy on the cheese, lettuce and tomatoes. Haruo went with the triple stacked cheesy mushroom which the photo on the menu board showed it practically over-flowing with mushrooms. They both ordered a large Pepsi. This might take a while to digest, River thought to herself. At least the Sunset Valley Summer Festival was in town with roller-skating, a soccer field where one could take shots on the other and the slurpee machines were free in any case. Just in case they got overheated while playing shoot on goal.

The contemplation was interrupted by the server calling out their order number and like Pavlov's dogs, their mouths started to water. The cheeseburgers were large and dripping with greasy flavor; the triple burger patties slightly smoky from the grill-top. They were in burger heaven. River and Haruo were absolutely famished.

"Great burger, eh?" Haruo said between mouthfuls.

River nodded, her mouth full of juicy ground beef patties. The fries to the side looked crispy golden brown and gave off a fried potato aroma with a hint of sea-salt. And it tasted oh-so good. She giggled a bit as Haruo bit into his burger, rolled his eyes upwards and gave a look of absolute bliss. "What?" She asked when she could get the words out after swallowing her burger bite.

"Mmmm-mush-rooms" Haruo had a glazed look on his eyes, a blissful expression and a giddy smile plastered across his face as he gazed dreamily up at the ceiling of the restaurant. River cracked up laughing.

Even with the hilarity, they were both able to finish their late-afternoon lunch before seven thirty though of course they would more than likely have to wait two hours before going into the water. There really wasn't anything that said there was any harm in going into the water without waiting but they figured that waiting two hours was worth it to not have to contend with a muscle spasm while swimming. Besides, eating a large meal meant that their stomachs would be digesting for a while.
    Screenshot-55.jpg

(End Part Four)
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Tamijo wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Great update(s) and like others love the fact that you mix in some Nihongo - forgot to mention earlier I'm a Dane with a Japanese wife so although I'm far from good at the language, I understage a little bit and of course she understands it all.

@Tamijo - Unfortunately, when my grandmother passed away back in 1978, I ended up not continuing with my Japanese language in favour of getting good grades in my English studies. As a Canadian-born Nikkeijin, it was in my best interests to become fluent in English or suffer the idea from others that I wasn't a Canadian, so I put my full efforts into making sure that I spoke "like a Canadian". :D Of course, at the age of 50, I look back with a lot of regret thinking that I should have at least made the attempt to retain the language of my grandparent's native homeland.

My kids on the other hand have known only English as their language, so unfortunately, I think my generation is pretty much the last where we've spoken two languages within the household. For me, most of what I know is a dialect called "Kochi-ben".

DivaDoodle wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer beautiful pix in your story!

O geeze@, omg, Enduring emotional abuse is just so heart breaking and the consequence of possible/probable repeating that behavior to the next generation, horrifying. It makes me wonder how far back Mayumi's own abuse went back, to have this awful horrific behavior towards Huaro. It is the strong person indeed that can do whatever it takes to recoqnise and break the cycle of abuse, and I know in my heart that Huaro succeeds. Huaro is a survivor. again So so glad he has River!

Gadfrey that Household/Commune is huge!!! please tell again, why does Molly have to live with them, I forget, is it to just cover Fiona's half of the mortgage or is there something more that I'm not remembering? Also Is Bebe and her parents already living in the household too?

End part 3? isn't a true end until the meteor hits before Mayumi goes back inside! >:) I'm surprised it didn't happen Nikkei ! ; )
    A Great, well written, but very painful to read chapter!

@DivaDoodle, in RL, the "mother" was bipolar...so unfortunately it wasn't anything the parents did - just the product of out-of-whack brain chemistry. I'm still trying to figure out what could have potentially caused Mayumi's problems. ;) My kids, gratefully, have become upright, upstanding citizens who are getting jobs and making sure that they walk the straight and narrow and I haven't played helicopter parent with them.

Molly is pretty much what we "realtors - (I'm a former realtor)" call a mortgage helper. Yasunobu, with his good credit got what's known as a bridge mortgage to cover the construction of the triplex...and well, the mortgage ultimately was split into thirds. Yasunobu covers 1/3rd, Fiona covers 1/3rd, and Dorie and Gus cover the other 1/3rd. :D

...I'm planning a nice little ending for Mayumi... eventually.
    @Nikkei_Simmer Wow, sounds like it will be a long story but I'm okay with that. I love reading long stories, Sims and otherwise.

@Brandontaylor; Yep, has to stand alone (without images) on fanfiction.net, so I have to be extremely detailed in words as well as the photos for the Sims 3 Forum... Needless to say, it's going to mean a lot of writing and I think the fun part though will be the playing of the legacy the way I wanted it to go.

Added...a new header...
    ChikamoriSelfacyReboot_banner.png
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member
    edited December 2020
    19 The Watcher Watches Gameplay

lol I love watching my simies, sometimes they get uncomfortable that I stare so much, and they break the 4th wall and dart their eyes to look at me to see what the heck I'm doing! haha made ya look! love that!

Any way, today is Love Day and they make a group outing to the festival to fulfill their wishes and have some fun! Aiden gets a kiss at the kissing booth "sul sul baby" he says
    c9Ge4ud.jpg
    then he runs off to dance. Oscar& Louise get something to eat and then flirt, Dante & Tulip use the Love Machine, the kids dance, play horse shoes and skate. everyone is happily fulfilling their wishes and I can just sit back and watch! : )

GmqeUD3.jpg

sZ3tUZ2.jpg
    TcLy1vh.jpg
    EYK8gib.jpg
    SBfZew0.jpg
    DXxWZMZ.jpg

'Oh Wishes Smishes, phooey on the wishes!' Seasoned Festival experts Dante&Tulip choose to do exactly what they want, what they can do any old day in their own backyard ; )
    ZjtJdJn.jpg

Then they smooch so much it breaks the group outing and they go off to the movies, while the rest of the household skates till they master skating, then go home because its a school night. Luc and Ari do have time before bed to paint. they needs lots of practice!
    T7YT77I.jpg

At the Outdoor movie Theater, Tulip gets her notice <3

yj46kK4.jpg
    Lysu4og.jpg
    oftDLsp.jpg

Then Dante shows Tulip what to do when they get the thirst. Perhaps He doesn't want her to bite the baby either! lol
    4X8Dftd.jpg
    It was a wonderful date. They go home to a sleeping household and, tired, climb into bed.

~~~~~
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Another great update with wonderful pics (only reading half going to bed - will finish tomorrow)

On the Nihongo:
    Ya it is not easy to keep it up then the natural born pass away, our son (my wife's actually) also did what you did and was not that much "into" being a 1/2 Japanese, but very fortunate our Grand Son (We are not young) are much more interested in his heritage, taking on-line lessons. He wan't to be able to communicate if or rater when (a CV-19 issue) we bring him over to see the family.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emilyofspielburg So many stories I want to tell and not enough time is my problem. I love reading other stories and look forward to more of yours.

@king_of_simcity7 I think it is great you are broadening your horizons with your art. That is a recognizable Ponytail! :grin:

@DivaDoodle Luc giving his Dad a hug! So sweet. I love seeing them show off fangs, so funny!
    Congrats to the happy couple.
    Thanks for commenting on the kittens! :smiley:
    What a fun time at the festival!
    So glad that they got the notice finally.

@Nikkei_Simmer Goodness Mayumi gets worse all the time. Someday she's gonna pop a blood vessel and have a stroke during one of her rants, unless she gets whacked by a meteor or lightning storm first. :open_mouth:
    You can tell River has been dreaming of her future for quite a while. I would think Haruo would be as well, if nothing but to get away from his mom.

@MamaSimTee :waves:

@Lucy_Henley Congrats to your sims!

@Tamijo The Grace story from the view of the child should be interesting.
    I enjoyed the updates on Winston's family.

@GraceyManor She sure is a grumpy girl. Great pics of them skating about and falling. Hope she didn't break her ankle.

@Turjan Bummer you lost your post and so sad no one else to blame.
    Cute pics though. The few times I tried butlers I never got a hot one! :grin:
    Sounds like the butler did a few extra things around the house as well as the chores. :open

@Brandontaylor ::waves:: Hope you get some time to play on your days off.

@lanlyn ::waves:: It's nice to see you pop in and hope that life is being good to you despite the challenges of 2020.
    I don't play sims 4 so I have no advice to offer. I expect most of us on this thread still play sims 3. I know a few who play both, but post their Sims4 play in the sims 4 threads. I guess those poor kids of your sims are still lost! :grin:

A couple of young foals out frolicking in the snow.
    50670162046_aed11e5849_b.jpg
  • Options
    Just finished Chapter Two (12 pages of text-only); can't wait to start on Chapter Three.
    Screenshot-73.jpg
    :D:innocent:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I saw sims 4 posts on here and thought I posted my story in the wrong section. :D lol
    I didn't know we could post our sims 4 stories on here.Last time I did, I got told not to go off topic by
    other simmers lol.
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    Oh I love that little pirate village! super cute.
    Yup, that's mom.Come in, take over her daughter's home
    invite some random guy off the streets in..XD
    I was laughing so hard when she told him the magic word was NOW!
    :D I laugh when I reread it XD I can just picture some snob going "NOW!" lol
    Yeah, she's real cranky, specially during the holiday season.

@king_of_simcity7
    Your drawing is very nice! wish I could doodle like that.

@DivaDoodle
    lol @ her showing off her fangs.
    Looks like she's annoying a lot of other vamps.

@Nikkei_Simmer
    Oh yeah, Second life as well.A couple times I got super
    excited over CC and realized it was second life...I forgot
    about that searching technique.Thanks!

@lanlyn
    Afraid I don't have any advice.I only played 2 hrs of the sims 4
    and haven't touched it since.You threw me off for a second, thought
    I accidentally posted in the sims 4 threads XD was about to remove my post lol
  • Options
    I know, right, @GraceyManor, I found some really nice "couples" poses...turns out that the darn things were Second Life poses.
    ~insert string of pungent curses~...

~hops up on soapbox~ I really hate those who put everything into their SEO just to increase their hits. To those who are search engine optimizing, If it's Sims 4...leave it in Sims 4. If it's Second Life...leave it in Second Life...Quit using search engine terms that don't relate to your topic ferchrissakes. If I'm looking for Sims 3, you think I want to hit Sims 4 or Second Life? Quit wasting my bandwidth. ~gets off soapbox~

Sorry about the rant. Just had to get that off my chest. :D All happy now.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Pretty much sums me up lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    20 The Watcher Watches Gameplay

~~~~~ They next day the kids are excited to go to school, there is just enough time to paint before the bus comes. Dante & Tulip head to library to read baby books.
    Aiden has a 'case of the missing Golden Llama', if I can get him to leave Amelina be, I can send him! LOL I still need Amelina to complete her upgrades wish.
    Oscar keeps getting pop-ups from Janet Pok, she has the Hotz for him! Louise can't stop thinking about her lifetime wish, I am temped to send her to work even though it is her day off, so we can get closer! However it's uncomfortable for me to have all the roomies on different lots, I might miss something! But, I go ahead! Now to bounce around checking on everyone...

OK you two! I see you! :D I see that Tulip has read her book, but Dante must have been faking it! The wish is still there. now I have to wait for an opportune moment to get him back reading. "We're just talking about vacations" says Dante. hmm riiight.
    14aGvJ6.jpg

Dante eventually gets back to reading, Tulip finds her friends Belinda(Crumplebottom) Lothario, and Dahlia Goodfellow, to chat with. I hope that Belinda and Don want to have a baby. I'm reminded to check on Dahlia's daughter Fawn.
    0OLefCJ.jpg

I want Fawn to meet the boys. if Fawn&Alfred Hopcraft like each other enough, I might have Fawn get together with Alfred, He is the fairy meant for the Goodfellows, but mistakenly sent to the Human Hopcrafts. (The Goodfellows come from a long line of mischievous fairies but has ended due to a mix-up prank with the adoption agency. Pip and Dahlia pulled the mix-up prank, taking the human child, Fawn, instead, ending the family's reign of fairies.) Good backstory!

Somehow Aiden gets reset and loses his opportunity, he doesn't seem to mind, since he gets set right next to Amelina. Louise comes home from work and announces her promotion to Oscar! She has completed her lifetime wish! YAY
    8mlWdaY.jpg

they celebrate, fulfilling more wishes ;lol
    h7LwcR3.jpg

Fawn and Alfred are invited over for the kids to get to know. Since the adults monopolize the newcomers, I have the kids invite them for a sleepover. They share some traits. Nice!
    2BBUQIv.jpg
    UWsVDw6.jpg

Dante is very attentive to Tulips needs, her back is hurting.
    VpOwsib.jpg

Ari is a good host and calls the little guests to eat.
    0oa0inb.jpg

More bonding then bedtimes. I put out sleeping bags for the guests, but Alfred prefers Tulips' old fairy house. It was a great day.

Ari and Luc both wish the Super popular LTW, Watcher grants that. Night Night Simmies.
    P8ygSqw.jpg

• Options
    OH...great... Just when I thought I was happy... :(

For the Love of Methuselah...
    NotGonnaBuySims4.jpg
    EA, would you please quit trying to make me throw up...every time I have to open Origin to play Sims 3?

If the last two time you had the Sims 4 at $4.99, I bought 3 for $5.00 Pepsis and Sim City 4...what makes you think I'm going to buy Sims 4 for Christmas??!!! I think a 2L carton of Eggnog is a good pick this year.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Turjan : Wow, what a good looking butler!
    Seems legit, that he had to be the next retired butler, I can understand that there were "complications" :D
    Turjan wrote: »
    I only noticed when I noticed this guy in the shower, who obviously was the new butler.
    7EMU27d.jpg
    Looks about right for a house full of teenage girls.
    Talking about home, I thought it might be a good idea to invite the Xu family over. The congregation point was not the kitchen, the bar or the pool, but the bushes outside of the front gate.
    sZxJPcI.jpg
    Someone fell over frozen solid, and nobody cared. I had to tell Lucinda to thaw poor Jillian Xu out.
    qIMxdIu.jpg
    So your Sims party at the strangest places, like mine? It always amuses me where they are partying and then leave with the notice that it was a great party! :o
    Lol at poor Jillian Xu and that nobody cared fore her.
    Great pictures, love to see some of your game!
    The genie´s smile is a bit creepy...
    Your comments treffen den Nagel auf den Kopf und sind sehr treffend und amüsant, klasse!

@bekkasan : Seems as if you like to have Pets back, right? Sweet picture of the cats! So fluffy!
    I like it when you can see the broken snowmen (like in the background of your horse picture), that means that there were some Sims which built it!

@DivaDoodle : Great updates! I can´t keep up reading and commenting on them! ;)
    Cool pictures of Tulip´s transformation, she has beautiful green eyes now!
    Dante laughing at the thief after Amelia beat him up! :D Well, Dante, you should be happy that she was so brave.... :p
    Amelia and Aiden are a cute couple!
  • Options

@Brandontaylor glad to see you! you're welcome! I hope you find time to play and share!

@GraceyManor I hate that too!!! no matter what sims 3 thing I search for , sims 4 stuff pops up grrrr :#

TY for your comment! lol yes Tulip seems oblivious to annoying old vampires and wolves with her showing off her new fangs! lol I think she is really proud of them!

@Nikkei_Simmer does that work? "Sims 3", -"Sims 4", -"TS4", -4

*watches you on the soap box" yes, yes yes! Preach It! :D

Oh Great update! I want a burger now!

ahhh bipolar. gee I'm at loss for words. TY for explaining about the triplex and mortgage holders.

lol ok looking forward to more!!!!

OH! ahahahaha at your origin page *Hands Nikkei his soap box* ...just in case! :smile:

@bekkasan TY for your comments! that is a Beautiful pic of the horses in the snow!

@AlexaKry TY for the commets! <3 about Tulips eyes, I never really liked them, they seemed 'dead' to me, never sparkly and full of life like the other sims. and when she transformed they seemed more bright green like a werewolf would have. Dante's eyes are light steely blue, So now Tulips' are blue LOL

I know!!! haha maybe I should have less, I can try to just show more interesting things they do, not the whole 2 days I play anyway!!! I get carried awayyyyy! :D

• Options
    @DivaDoodle - Oscar and Haruo would get along great. Haruo's favorite meal is Key Lime Pie. :D He just doesn't have the skill yet to make it...oh well

Awww...Tulip's adorable and well...for a vampire, Dante seems to be nice too. Although I wouldn't recommend he meet Haruo (as a werewolf) in one of my other stories. Haruo no like vampires. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @DivaDoodle : no! Please don´t think it was critizism of mine that you post too much!!!!!
    I love to read them! I´m just a little slow to read and write in English so I can´t keep up sometimes!
    It´s my fault!
    Don´t stop posting everything you want to!!!!
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,795 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Thanks, its been nice having some money coming in but I hate it takes me away from here. I guess it’s worth it though to have income. I’ve been at Walmart for just about a month now and get decent hours and pay.
    Looking forward to the updates, I may not comment much but I am reading posts.

@bekkasan Thanks, works going well. Just been keeping me very busy with 30 to 37 hours a week.
    Daisy is a little cutie. I haven’t done a lot with her yet though.
    Dwight is a great Sim, fun to play too.

***Great updates everyone!
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm super happy :smiley: I was finally able to make a fresh sims3 folder and re-add my mods with no issues so far! I even added some of the fixed cc from the Broken CC thread. I'm super happy to finally add new stuff, and to have all the Nraas mods I needed. I just have a couple questions.
    1. How do you install .world files? I put them in InstalledWorlds but Longview, one I put in, doesn't show up in the worlds list. :confused:
    2. I installed SunsetValley fixed world (Plus the fixed Isla Paradiso because I really want to be able to play there!) from ellacharmed and put it in InstalledWorlds, and added the SunsetValley2020 chocolate save and renamed it in saves. However it still doesn't show in the game saves when I open it.

I made a test save for before I move my old saves in again. My test save, which I'll probably continue playing is basically a family of witches, the Wakefields, living in Moonlight Falls. It consists of a YA Brooke, a teenager Brynn, their elderly mother who's name I've already forgotten, a dog and a cat.
    The mother wants to become a famous psychic, Brooke wants to become Mayor of Moonlight Falls, and Brynn doesn't have a LTW yet.
    I'm super excited to play with the family of witches, letting them work on spells and alchemy, plus gardening and fishing.
    I'm excited to add more mods and cc and worlds and hopefully be able to add my Queens Fam save back in soon. (Just need to re-add all my ATS3 stuff.)

The Whitfield save will have to wait until I install the world properly again.
    I can start my AP save since I don't think I used a lot of CC in it yet.

Hoping to get more Stuff Packs for Christmas. I asked for Town Life and Fast Lane (Since I have the 70s 80s 90s sp the stuff in FL will be awesome with it!)

Speaking of retro.... does anyone know of any worlds that would be fun for a save taking place in the past? Something similar to Roaring Heights, without a lot of store content?
    Also maybe a Christmas/Winter world, since it's the holidays?

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    @GraceyManor
    Great update - especially impressed with that Kitchen so many fine details
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    @Turjan
    Nice update from you Bridgeport game, impressed with your excellence in indoor garden, did read your tread “what do you plant?” but sadly haven’t got the correct expand. ( not to interested in the un-earthly) but would love to have those “pots”
  • Options
    @DivaDoodle
    Nice with the children painting side by side also such a nice “getting pregnant” scene
  • Options
    Pray for me, folks. My wife's trying out TS4 right now on her computer (on tutorial mode) and it's driving me friggin' nuts!!! The tutorial voice is making me wanna put my head through a wall.
    tenor.gif
    Can I thank whoever did the voice-over for the tutorial?
    tenor.gif
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top