Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 ... Thanks for the comments.

@CravenLestat ... Nobody said there wasn't a basement and room built just for someone like you.
    Not too sure how much you are going to like it though ... >:)

@Nikkei_Simmer ... The Watcher never gets bored or tired of making your Sims miserable.
    And you wonder why they don't do a better job of entertaining you ... :D

@GraceyManor ... Nice Updates!
    Although I cannot say that I can figure anything out.
    What kind of game is Kim playing?

I mean I get the whole 'people want/need friends' stick ... And I cannot say that Sebastian is not handsome ...
    But what the heck is she doing living in Gracey Manor, if she wants to date other guys?

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Eclecticfamilies_1Eclecticfamilies_1 Posts: 4 New Member
    Lola Rose Drunen, my young adult sim, who has been dating a man (high school sweetheart) named Louis from another family I made (the Turners). He’s rejected her proposal 3 times due to commitment issues. When they moved to the dorm for university, some random premade sim started crushing on Louis, so Lola Rose best her up and won. She requested a roommate reassignment.

When they’re not in class, their days consist of Public Woohoos, yelling at their roommates for turning on their stereos late at night, and going to bonfire parties. They recently saw a bad foreign film and both got sick.
  • Options
    ^sorry, I’m tired. *beat not “best” lol.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comments on the dog and house! :smiley:
    Your cc free sims look great! I have a hard time with making cc free sims look that good.

@emorrill Yes, would love to see Harvey in his scrubs. :wink:

@Nikkei_Simmer I always enjoy reading your stories. SV is my least favorite town so I'm kinda like why rebuild it. :lol: Make something new! I guess there are specific requirements they must meet before they can add to the town or buy for themselves?
    Nice island.

@Brandontaylor Congrats on the plant baby! Great name Daisy!
    Thanks for the comments on the house. Yep, I really do like my Vampires having a lair even if they don't use it often. Victor would rather sleep with Gardenia. :grin:
    Your bot is such a good nanny to the kids!
    Lovely wedding!
    That is great that your bot now has a RI! :grin:
    Best laid plans sometimes go awry with the wishes of our sims or they make our stories better because of the wishes. :smiley:

@GraceyManor Thanks! I was a bit disappointed that it was still raining in-game when I decided to take the pics but they turned out ok.
    Goodness, your heroines are all such hotheads and not willing to listen to anyone at all. Why is she even still there if she wants to be such a pill (I'm not allowed to use the word that I think she is being. :grin: ) to William?

@MoonandStars83 Thanks! When I made the dog I used a dog my best friend had in high school as my inspiration.
    It's been so long since I played TSM. I don't think it is installed on my laptop anymore.

@kristenleighwhite Hi, welcome out of lurkdom! I love Midnight Hollow and my Ballan family started out there. I used connected worlds as I moved family members out, but I still have the main family in MH.
    Wow...John Doe is being unfaithful to his wife and brood of kids! :lol:
    Bridgette is very pretty. I can see why he strayed. :grin:

@AnnaLoo91 Hi, welcome to the thread. I think Asher is a cutie and so is his brother! :smiley:

@Chi5678 oh man, that is a complete bummer.

@OliviaAR Lana is very pretty! I laughed at Vlad getting arrested for stealing blood!

@RedDestiny92 Congrats on the marriage. Pics are terrific. I enjoy seeing your sims antics.

@dreamyari Good luck with the legacy! They are both very pretty sims!

@Sleepstar Congrats on the promotions.
    Hope you feel better.

@MamaSimTee Thanks!

@BlackSand Great job on the island and the house. I could use a place like that for relaxation! Except during hurricane season.

@Karritz Great pics of the nectar celebration.

The group of ghosts got stir crazy from staying on the lot too long so I turned them lose. They went to the festival lot! :grin: The husband and wife fire ghosts skated. I was surprised they didn't melt the rink. :lol: The other fire ghost and Betty had a snowball fight and the lightning ghost snow boarded! I enjoyed watching them as much as I did playing with Damien and Mary and Jamie.
    50401780951_2188a7aa21_o.jpg
    50401781026_5c3d9dbca1_o.jpg
  • Options
    Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family
    Adam's Quest

Adam and Marshall are happy to be home with their family. The little ones don't want to let go of their Dad's and cling tightly afraid they might leave again. Both Dad's reassure the toddlers they are not going away. They are welcomed home by Wisteria and Dedric and then give the kids rides on the spring riders.
    50378033948_e4faf204a1_o.jpg
    50378033903_953debd1df_o.jpg

Alice introduces herself to Shadow, and he seems to be a very affectionate and gentle dog although a bit on the large size. She knows that Adam and Marshall with their wolf sense would be aware if Shadow had any evil in him. Adam tells her Victor sensed the dog was lonely and did not feel any harm in him. She talks with Shadow and tells him he must be gentle with the toddlers and guard them carefully. Shadow barks as if acknowledging his special duties.
    50378033858_517dc1e52d_o.jpg

Dedric cooks hamburgers on the outdoor grill that Alice and Jennifer bought. They enjoy the meal together as the sun goes down. The guys tease their wives about eating for two when both girls eat a second burger and a cupcake apiece that Wisteria brought out to the table.
    50378909442_064a40224f_o.jpg
    50378909382_d435e3c90a_o.jpg

Shadow watches the kids at play and hopes his good behavior will be rewarded with a hamburger from the grill.
    50378731866_a3502ecf73_o.jpg

After dinner, Dedric checks on Shadow and offers him a hamburger as a treat. "You are just a big puppy, aren't you Shadow?" Dedric gives the ecstatic dog a belly rub. He told Adam he would run to town to purchase some supplies for the dog, but Adam and Marshall had stopped briefly when they saw a pet store as they drove home. He unloads the dog supplies from the trunk of Adam's car and carries them into the house. Shadow follows him looking forward to more treats.
    50385774996_8b108e3620_o.jpg
    50385075648_d8b74c49f0_o.jpg

Dedric fixes a bowl of food for Shadow, but Shadow is not interested right now. He wants to find out what is in the box of goodies nearby. Oh boy, noisy chew toys!
    50385774961_d09473d6ec_o.jpg
    50385774901_c88b440f02_o.jpg

It is getting late. Dedric and Wisteria get their little ones to bed and enjoy a pot of tea while they relax and talk. Adam told Dedric earlier what happened in the mountains and he and Wisteria talk about it. Wisteria is concerned about how it will affect Adam. "All we can do is support him and be there for him as we always are. He told me Victor was able to sense his mind was disturbed and came to him in the mountains. He was able to help him come to terms and accept what happened was for the best and that it didn't change him."
    50385950207_9edb80206b_o.jpg

Marshall rocks Drew while Jennifer sits on the floor nearby. Drew falls asleep in his arms and Marshall talks softly telling Jennifer about what happened in the mountains.
    Jennifer looks worried. "I know you both are very strong and keep in shape fighting each other, but it is still worrisome! I hope nothing like this ever happens again."
    Marshall puts Drew in his crib, and he opens his eyes and tells Marshall, "I want big boy bed." Jennifer tells Drew "Daddy will move the bed tomorrow."
    Marshall helps Jennifer off the floor and they enjoy some private time together.
    50385774851_6b5261dba8_o.jpg
    50385075298_eab14e4a2a_o.jpg

Adam helps Alice get Kailena ready for bed. Kailena reaches out after being put in the crib. "Stay up, Daddy." Adam shakes his head no, knowing Kailena will fall asleep as her eyes are drooping already. "I love you, baby girl!"
    "Love you Daddy, not a baby now!" she murmurs as her little eyes flutter and sleep takes over.
    Adam looks over at Alice. "I sure have missed these little moments both with her and you and the baby to be." He reaches over and touches her belly. "I love you, little babe."
    He takes her hand, and they walk into their room and get ready for bed.
    50385075408_2bfb84ea35_o.jpg

They cuddle on the loveseat, and Adam tells Alice about Benot, the fight, the death, and how he felt afterward. "It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I didn't see any other way out. I was constantly thinking about it. I couldn't get it off my mind. Even finding my mother's remains didn't take it off my mind. Apparently, that is what called Dad to me. He knew I was upset about something, and he came."
    "How are you feeling about it now?" she asks him looking into his eyes.
    Adam gently kisses her lips. "I'm fine. Dad helped me to see I did what I had to do to protect my family and we talked about how things were for him back in his day. It doesn't make me any different than I've always been and will be in the future. I also realized Victor is my Dad as well as yours. He was there to teach me and love me and even get angry when I needed it. He drops whatever he is doing to help me. He's got my back. That is what Dad's do. I will always love him for that, so I decided it was past time to call him Dad. He looked surprised and happy, well, with what I could see out the window when I called him that."
    "He was! He went straight to Mom with the news."
    "You think I can call her Mom?
    "She will be thrilled!"
    50385950162_d47d8dc326_o.jpg
    50385950077_688b2da5cc_o.jpg
    50385950047_ea35b45aa4_o.jpg

Adam stands and helps Alice up. They share kisses and eventually move over to the bed. Alice is relieved that Adam's mind is eased from the events in the mountains. She is thankful Victor was able to help Adam deal with it and accept what happened. She whispers thanks to the Fates for keeping him safe and that he was the survivor in that battle. Alice is excited about their future in Dragon Valley surrounded by her family and loving friends.
    50385774561_67c1c7f0fc_o.jpg
    50385075168_5ef4dffd56_o.jpg
  • Options
    SiomneSiomne Posts: 43 Member
    I have a small update about my current Sims 3 save.
    So...I tried to give my sims youngest daughter a bit of a break from the dull life in her hometown, Adventure Land. I moved her to Isla Paradiso where she met the love of her life, Teodor Medina. My interest was peeked so I searched up why this wonderful guy was single with a kid. Turns out his wife(Florita Hernandez) left him for a lover who more or less stole his business and like the gold digger that she is ran after the money.

What she neglects to realize is that the guy isn't going to leave his wife. Who more or less owns him XD. (Alfonso Alto)

So she leaves her child and husband and my sim comes in a swoops them up into her loving arms. ^^

They were able to get a resort that was on the end of collapse for $0. They spruced it up and in less than one sim week they are a 5★ resort with great reviews!

To rub it in his cheating wife's face, he invited her and his ex rival to the wedding at their successful resort. They had a nice ceremony, moments after saying "I do" the music for pregnancy played as my sim spun around into her maternity clothes.

Everyone cheered and congratulated the newlyweds while Teodor's ex cried in a corner and her sugar daddy immediately left.

Though it was petty to invite the cheaters I felt it was poetic justice to show off what she thought was a waste.

Fun Fact: Alfonso didn't leave his wife but fixed their awful relationship and they are expecting a child any day now. Florita is paying child support to the child she left with Teodor and barely is getting any child support from Alfonso.

I have plans though to buy every last resort on the island before having my sim move back to Adventure Land to finish up her career in Politics.

That's all I have to report ^^;
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    @bekkasan - I've come up with a sort of a set of rules that I'm following and you know how much I hate rules. :mrgreen: I've given them a §50K goal for putting down venues (every §50K they earn they can put down one venue).
    The houses that they build for the town eat into their budget...so they're cheap builds...or as cheap as they can make them. Poor Franz the mutt has to always have the highest quality food since he's their only source of income.

Right now they're at §435K so they can put down the equivalent of 8 venues.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Langerak Family update

yIoMIl0.jpg
    Melanie decided to take Michael for a stroll to the park. However, they only made it to the money tree garden before the rain came. I had to send them home so they didn't get to have fun.

hFjxC2e.jpg
    For some reason, Quinton was outside playing guitar when the rain started and he wouldn't stop. I had to send him in on my own.

NgAgAz3.jpg
    Melanie decided to watch TV with Ariana instead. She had finished her latest book prior to the stroll with Michael and she completed her LTW. Her fun meter was almost trashed due to that so the TV was a quick way to gain fun.

nL3PhV6.jpg
    uKs3Rau.jpg
    Once Grandpa Dwight got home from work, Daisy was taken to her birthday cake by Ariana. She aged up into a cute little toddler with green hair and green eyes.

5aiXRsU.jpg
    Before bedtime, Ariana started to teach Daisy to walk. She didn't get too far as Daisy got tired but it's a start. I love the fact Daisy has a trail of flowers behind her, I knew Plantsims do that but it's nice to experience that myself.

FBeCvkM.jpg
    This is also my first elder gnome I've ever had. I was going to get another one so they'd have children but I'm not worried about it. His name was randomly selected as Gavin so that's what I left it at.

hygfcni.jpg
    CFTFSJ4.jpg
    Once everyone went to bed, L4U-Rn met up with her lover, Toaster. She popped the question and of course Toaster said yes. They then had a quick ceremony out by the garage before taking off into the moonlight. When the Langerak's wake up in the morning, they'll be without a Plumbot but I'm preparing them for the move to a new town. There may be more Plumbots in the near future though.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2020
    Episode 78 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube and ready to be viewed

https://youtu.be/xpoqTOMJCBA

This episode continues on from Episode 77 in which Judy and Craig went to Egypt to find more information on the elusive tombs under the Nectary in France.

In this episode they return from Egypt with the Ruby of Sakhara. The Nectar Merchant at the Nectary directs Craig to place the Ruby into one of the mysterious holes in the creepy room they found (in Episode 77) under the nectary.

With the entrance to the Tomb of Isael revealed the pair of adventurous sims work through many puzzles and dangers to eventually find the French Signet of the Tomb of Isael. It is a dangerous, difficult and stunningly beautiful tomb.

I can't guarantee I found every single hidden door but we did find a lot of hidden doors and treasure and eventually Craig retrieved the Sapphire of The Crescent Moon. Then they had an unfortunate encounter with a pair of mummies that were determined to prevent Craig and Judy from leaving the tomb with the Sapphire.

In the end all is good and finally get to taste some nectar after Craig reports to the Nectar Merchant. Of course the Nectar Merchant now wants them to use the Sapphire to get into the final French tomb and that story will be told in Episode 79.

I hope you enjoy this episode.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    @bekkasan thank you for the comment. I'm just glad this video is done and I can stop working on it. I'll have a little break from making videos for a couple of days I think because I'm sure the next, and final video of this series, will be even more challenging to make.

Congrats on continuing to post your wonderful stories and images.
  • Options
    Lola Rose and Louis got married! She proposed for the fourth time and he finally said yes. They had a winter wonderland wedding and it was gorgeous. They’re trying to finish-up their degrees.
  • Options
    My oldest son got himself a new car. :prouddad: (in real life; that is) He got the car his old man wanted when his old man was a kid; a '79 Camaro. Warned him that he'd better not be breakin' speed-limits and to drive responsibly. :) The car needs some work, but he's the one that's mechanically inclined, so...he's gonna work on it. He just got himself a new battery for it and all that.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Oh yeah, I remember that.
    Lol at George complaining about William and Kim arguing.
    Maybe Leota can get rid of Sebastian. Doubt she will though.
    I can tell he loves her, otherwise he wouldn't be crying.
    Great update!

@Karritz You're welcome.
    Nice celebration!
    Getting ready to watch some videos right after posting this. I can't wait until I get to the latest video, although it'll probably be the end of the year or beginning of next year, lol. Doesn't bother me as I enjoy them when I watch them.

@BlackSand You're welcome.

@Nikkei_Simmer If anyone has a kid soon, I'm betting on River and Haruo.
    Wow, I'm surprised tourists showed up. Nothing for them to do yet, lol
    They'll have a big store in town by the time all the money comes rolling in.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome, and thank you.

@bekkasan Thanks. I almost went with Lily but Lily Langerak sounds a little silly in my opinion.
    I can't blame Victor. I'd want to sleep in bed with my wife too, especially if she looked like Gardenia.
    She sure is. Although, when you see my latest update, the status quo changed a bit.
    Thanks!
    Yeah, her and Toaster are the only ones in town so I figured they could benefit from each others company.
    I'd say in this case, it definitely made things better. I actually think Dwight is a more suitable husband for Melanie than Garry would be. He's kind of a deadbeat father as he didn't even want to come over when I invited him for a friendly chat with Quinton.
    I'm glad the ghosts got to have fun.
    I'm glad the children have their dads back. They are kind of young so they wouldn't understand as well as older children.
    I think Shadow will be a good guard dog and companion to the family.
    Shadow sure seems happy he got a hamburger. My dogs always beg for food when I have something good.
    Drew, I think your poor daddy needs a rest after that long trip.
    Victor is a prime example of how a father-in-law should be. Adam benefited from Victor's teachings and also set a good example on how to be a husband and a father.
    Great update!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Brandontaylor
    I love Dwight's living room! Nice and cosy.
    My sims always get up much earlier than I want them to.
    How do you get a plant sim baby? :o I could never figure that out.
    Yeah Sebastian only appeared briefly, so he's not easily rememberable.

@Silverofdreams30
    You did a great job on a no CC sim!
    That's quite a challenge, she's adorable.

@BlackSand
    She technically owns the home? Dead guys can't own property.
    XD so She and Sarah took over...

@bekkasan
    Goodness, your heroines are all such hotheads and not willing to listen to anyone at all.

Like me! I'm very hot headed, just ask my fiancé', I don't listen to a darn word he says! XD
    (I'm not allowed to use the word that I think she is being. :grin: ) to William?

She is a hard pill to swallow isn't she? XD
  • Options
    @Brandontaylor thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying the videos. I'm hoping the next video I do will be the last one for this series. It will be the final video if I can squeeze the entire tomb into a single video. But having said that, I will need to finalise it all with a bit of a look at the rest of the household and the entire tomb collections displayed back at home. Maybe episode 80 will allow the series to end on a nice round number. The final tomb will be episode 79.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Jumping on real quick to answer your Plantsim question. Use this link below and it details the steps you will need to take. It's better than me trying to explain, lol

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/universitylife/plantsims.php
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Great video. Where those mummies were and walked right into each other. I thought that they might kiss each other.

@Brandontaylor: Hello

@Sleepstar: Hello

@GraceyManor: Hello

@emorrill: Hello

@PalmArrow: Hello

@bekkasan: Hello. Great updates.

@CravenLestat: Hello

@Nikkei_Simmer: Hello

@Silverofdreams30: Hello

@MoonandStars83: Hello

@Mikezumi: Hello

@lisasc360: Hello

@RedDestiny92: Hello

@Emily4331: Hello

@Shadow_Assassin: Hello

@BlackSand: Hello

@Eclecticfamilies_1: Hello. Welcome to the thread and forums.

@Siomne: Hello. Welcome to the thread and forums.

@Evalen: Hello

@all: Thanks for letting me read/comment on your stories/pictures/videos.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    April: I can't believe I agreed to follow you here.
    I think you should just leave them be.
    William: Just do this one favor for me? Please April.You owe me.
    April: I know...that's why I'm doing this, but I won't enjoy it.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    April: Hey Handsome, fancy meeting you here, lets dance.
    Sebastian: I have a date...
    April: I won't take no for an answer, now dance!

Screenshot-37.jpg
    William: I'm sorry to interrupt, but I must have a dance with a lady
    as lovely as you..
    Kim: I don't think it would hurt.I'll dance with you.
    Music: I found a love for me Darling, just dive right in And follow my lead

Screenshot-38.jpg
    Sebastian: That's my date!!
    April: I can't believe I'm going to do this.
    Music: Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
    I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Sebastian: Do what?

Screenshot-39.jpg
    Music: Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
    Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song

Screenshot-40.jpg
    April: -giggles- You're kind of cute..
    Sebastian: So are you...lets go somewhere private..
    April: -giggles- Sounds go to me.

Screenshot-42.jpg
    music: When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
    But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

William: Would you like to take a walk?
    Kim: I really should get back to my date...wait where did he go?
    William: Apparently he doesn't have respect for you.He's not worth
    the time.
    Kim: I...suppose so...
    William: Come with me.

Screenshot-44.jpg
    William: You look...beautiful.
    Kim: Thank you...
    William: Come sit with me?

Screenshot-45.jpg

Screenshot-46.jpg
    Kim: Why do I feel like I know you from somewhere.
    William: Maybe you should trust what you feel.. :wink:

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Kim: Its getting late...I should go home.
    William: Allow me to escort you home?
    Kim: I'd like that...

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Well...looks like Noel got hearts for the elixir shop lady, Clarissa Dove. :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-12.jpg
    Clarissa and No-oel sitting in a tree... :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Tomorrow I am going to a family friends funeral so wont be on here then.

@bekkasan

Lovely update,
    Adam is good with his daughter, and she loves her
    daddy.

@GraceyManor

Thank you, I have enjoyed the updates
    so far.

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Lucky Palms Day 2

Three Strikes And He's Out

I started my adventure around 3 am obvious from the thought bubble dreaming about the ladies :|

9MJjGIT.png

I decided since yesterday was a failure with the women of LP I was going to drill at 4 am because revenge is fun.You should have seen how many sims came and complained I have like 20 sims now with in the red negative relations.The girl in the photo is a hottie but she left before I was done so did not get to meet her today.

0DoURUn.png

My two digs for the day were bad

A diamond worth $141
    A Quartz worth $16

Went to the Cobra Kai Dojo to shower and Cori the comic register girl was working on the ballet bar after my shower we chatted.She is my first official and only friend in the game so far.

WaZQejp.png

Went to the diner to get cheap food and Mary was there @bekkasan but guess what Strike One no hearts

wGPpgn0.png

My fun level was very low and headed to the Simovitch Pub and Rena the hottie FBI girl was heading in,this is my chance.As you can see my sim is playing it smooth staring at dem cheeks from the corner of his eye.Strike Two got inside and greeted her and no hearts :s

yqOVGUA.png

Summer the wood fairy showed up and you guessed it Strike 3 he is outta here Fail!!!! with no hearts

by1BzKC.png

I slow danced a few hours with Rena and my fun was maxed but yet another day of not one sim in town attracted to me :'( So far only one sim with just a compatable sign.

ragYF9d.png

Parting shot,while getting ready to call it a night Starr decided to get ready to play pool.

GDZKToU.png

For those that never seen her Rena is really really pretty,here is a shot of her

clWgSVa.png

Finished the day still love less and broke only have around 600 bucks have not built even a single wall piece.Stay tuned to see if things turn around or I fail at life.

@meerkattime Just seen your message will write after I get a shower,just got done bathing my dog and now it is my turn.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member

I started my adventure around 3 am obvious from the thought bubble dreaming about the ladies :|

9MJjGIT.png

@CravenLestat

tenor.gif

Maybe you don't want to know what I was thinking with that thought bubble and your dialogue there. :lol:

I'm sorry to read your sim is still striking out with the ladies. :open_mouth: Mind blown! Well, I guess that just means the right lady hasn't come along yet. ;)

I'm still here everyone, just busy with life and lurking. I did get some more outlines written up for my Stardew Valley story, but jumping ahead I seem to be hitting a wall with...something...so I'm trying to figure that out. :confused:

For now I am trying to focus on the last scene of Chapter 9 which involves Emily and Shane so stay tuned for that. :blush: I'm really hoping there won't be too much of a break until I'm able to write and release Chapter 10. 🤞

Keep calm and Sim on my friends. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    The Best There's Ever Been

Jamie arrives at the address that Liam sent him. The mansion is located on one of the prime pieces of real estate in Hidden Springs. A corner lot that has easy access to Veronaville Sound. He imagines the water sports they must enjoy in the warmer weather. The lady of the house, Catarina Vanderburg greets him imperiously as he arrives. "Must you arrive on that noisy machine?"
    Jamie recognizes a pillar of the community when he sees one. He turns on his respectable charm. "Yes ma'am!" he exclaims. "The bike allows me to get where I need to go for my job quickly and efficiently. I can also get places where another vehicle would have difficulty managing, especially in this winter climate. It is actually a very efficient machine."
    Catarina looks down her nose at his smiling face. He asks her about the ghosts before she can make any more comments about his bike.
    "I understand you have been plagued by poltergeists and other hunters have been unable to get rid of them."
    "Yes, the previous hunters were extremely incompetent at their jobs. Liam spoke highly of you. I hope you are as skilled as he claims."
    He smiles cheerfully at her showing off the dimple in his cheek. "I will do my best, ma'am. Now if you will excuse me, I will get started as there is one in the yard just behind you."
    50310575243_24e0cab52c_o.jpg

Catarina shrieks and moves towards the house. She turns around as she hears the ghost hunter fire up his device and watches in dismay as a beam of light shoots out of the device. The poltergeist is directly in front of her.
    "Ma'am perhaps you should leave for a few hours. I would hate having to exorcise one of these little buggers from you. They are going to hate me trying to capture them."
    Catarina nods in agreement and shouts to Jamies as she hurries to her car. "I'll be at City Hall when you finish or give up like the others."
    Jamie merely laughs. "Giving up is not in my vocabulary. I'm the best there's ever been!"
    50310575228_46a43394b6_o.jpg

Jamie spends the next couple of hours finding and capturing poltergeists inside and outside the house. He relishes his job and whistles happily as each poltergeist puts up a bit of a fight. Several are quite tricky and dodge his beam, jumping from one object to the next trying to elude him. He perseveres and the outcome is exactly as he predicted. Ghosts zero, Jamie 6. He runs by City Hall and informs Mrs. Vanderburg that all is clear and she and her family can move back in the home. She asks him to come to her home tomorrow. He agrees to meet her in the afternoon.
    50311241081_df3bab2fed_o.jpg
    50311241056_a1636d2174_o.jpg
    50311414122_4b8d63b1e4_o.jpg

Damien is up early feeling lighthearted and very optimistic. He prepares waffles for breakfast and sneaks a taste of the batter. He calls out, "Mary if you are up, please join me for breakfast."
    50376985486_6cbbf9ba3d_o.jpg

Mary has been up for a few hours trying to do some research. She floats down into the kitchen in front of Damien. "Good morning! It sure feels great not to have to hide anymore or sneak down when you are away to eat." She smiles shyly up at him. She is amazed at how comfortable she feels around Damien. Especially since most of her human interactions end up with the human passing out from fright.
    "Aha, so that is how all the leftovers in the fridge disappeared." Damien teases her with a big grin on his face.
    She laughs, her eyes sparkling as she tells Damien. "No, that was Betty and the other ghosts. I always cook my own breakfast and left food for them. They were used to swiping it out of the refrigerator. I did use a couple of your strawberries and an egg once." She giggles. "I still need to ask Emmaline to go to the store for me and replace them and get some other things."
    "I will be glad to pick up things for you when I go shopping. Just add them to the list on the fridge. Please feel free to use what you want. This has been your home for a long time, and I want you to be comfortable even with all the renovations going on."

They keep up the light conversation during breakfast as Damien does not want to frighten or distress her. Damien asks about Emmaline, and she explains she is one of the few people in town that accept and are not frightened of ghosts. "She is a witch, you see. A very good witch and has been incredibly helpful to me. I met her many years ago and she shops for me and helps me sell gems that I discover so I will have money to spend."
    "I recently learned that supernaturals really exist. My friend Jamie has known and believed for years, but I thought he was making it all up. I had to apologize for giving him such a hard time."
    "Hidden Springs doesn't have a large population of occults. I didn't believe either until I became one. Other towns do have more according to Emmaline. She moved here from Dragon Valley wanting to experience a proper winter she said. They have mild winters in Dragon Valley. She fell in love with winters and the town and stayed. I'm happy she stayed."
    50376286178_046aa8d3d1_o.jpg
    50401095898_c9ef66a5db_o.jpg

Mary helps Damien clean up the kitchen working together like they've been doing it for years. "Come sit down at my desk. I've got some time before my appointment." He places his arm around her waist and leads her into the other room. He moves one of the chairs in front of the desk, and his hand lingers on her waist as he politely helps her sit down. Mary loves the warmth she feels when Damien touches her. She is reluctant to have him let her go.
    He takes Mary's file out of the safe. "I pretty much gave you the basics of what was in the file last night. If you want to read it, I will leave it here. If you think it will upset you I will lock it back up."
    "No, I'd like to read it. I will try to read it clinically like I would any science or newspaper article. If there is anything I can add to it that will help with justice being served I would like to do that."

Damien shifts in his chair and opens his mouth and just as quickly shuts it. He picks up a pen and nervously plays with it shifting in his chair again. He looks down at the desk and back over at Mary. He fiddles with the file thumbing through the pages. She is watching him and looks puzzled and confused at his obvious nervousness. He clears his throat, puts the pen down, and looks her in the eyes. He dreads hearing the answer to his question. He feels he must ask it before he loses his heart any more to this brave woman sitting in front of him. "Look, here's the thing." He puts his hands through his hair as he tries to ask what is on his mind. "I don't want to upset you. Jamie tells me once unfinished business is finished a ghost can move on. I hope you don't mind me asking. Is that what you want? Do you want to move on?"

"Oh my, no! I don't want to move on at all. I want to live again! That is one of the reasons I was so troubled yesterday. I had been to see Dr. Liam O'Dourke, head of the science and research facility. He has a process that can bring ghosts back to life, resurrect them in other words. I heard about it on the radio when I came back this time. But I am not a candidate for his process because I am different from other ghosts. He is going to try to find a way to help me, but I fear he may not."
    Damien feels a tremendous weight lift off his chest when she tells him she does not want to move on and wants to live again.
    "What do you mean by 'came back this time' and how are you different from other ghosts?"
    Mary explains to Damien how she is different. How she is pulled back to the netherworld the last day of winter and does not return until the following winter and has skipped many years as well.
    "We should talk with Jamie about this. He might know something from his studies that he has done over the years. Perhaps we can get together with Dr. O'Dourke as well."
    Mary was thrilled to hear his words. "You still want to help me? Even after getting the mystery solved?"
    "Of course I want to help you, Mary! I'm very good at solving puzzles and mysteries. Jamie is the best hunter around because of his knowledge and he knows no fear which is scary, but that is Jamie. This doctor already has a way to resurrect ghosts so surely he can come up with an alternative for you with our help."
    "I will gather up my research material, so you will have it available to you later today. Thank you so much, Damien! You've given me hope again."
    Damien's phone begins ringing and Mary waves and floats up into her attic.
    50401095823_1818157875_o.jpg

While Damien is on the phone, Jamie comes down for breakfast. After finishing breakfast, Jamie cleans up his mess and Damien is finally off the phone.
    "So tell me how things went last night!"
    Damien tells Jamie all about it including the fire fiasco and Mary sitting and talking with him before she got upset and left. He leaves out the part about the skimpy nightwear. "She is beautiful Jamie, so beautiful." He tells him about their conversation this morning as well. "You just missed her."
    "I'm glad you got to meet and talk to her even if it didn't go exactly as planned. I agree we should try to assist her. I met Dr. O'Dourke and talked with him about the resurrection treatment that he has. If he says it will not work for Mary then I have to believe him. He has multiple degrees and has them all over his office walls. He has done the treatment many times with 100% success. We can try meeting with him once he has her test results back. I will do some research on her only being present during winter. Very strange and I've not heard of any ghosts like this before."
    50401095743_0b6c705371_o.jpg
    50401791046_b7b0b7a0dc_o.jpg
    50401791021_4290c0dd96_o.jpg

Damien heads out for his appointment. His interview is productive with the retired police officer. He admits he and the lead investigator were reminded of how well known Kerry's family was, not only in Hidden Springs but in the world. The death of Mary Kendall was deemed a horrible accident. They were advised not to compound it further by ruining the lives of four innocent girls who were traumatized by the death of their friend. The coroner called it an accidental death. The investigation did not proceed and was shut down and marked closed. He never even saw the lab reports that showed she did not have any alcohol in her system. The girls obviously lied about that so they must have lied about the circumstances. They both received bonuses for their timely closing of a very sad case. The bonus was paid by an outside source. Damien recorded the interview with his permission. The retired officer commented he was relieved to confess his own involvement in not fulfilling his duty to investigate the case thoroughly.
    50401790981_6c04034822_o.jpg
    50401095663_ca5a167a29_o.jpg
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @bekkasan glad you enjoy my nonsense heavens knows I make enough of it :p oh looks like fun I ended up at the festival too I was doing too much at once didn't notice my kids had a snow day and well you'll see ha. They are such a cute family you have up there I was thinking about getting midnight hollow but ended up putting it off but it's pretty from what I see. She's lucky to have Damien.
    @Brandontaylor I really like your family but my favorites just have to be the ornery old gnome and the plumbots :D
    @Puddinroy hi

Mmkay awesomes out I got some nonsense and testing it was time again to splurge like a very literal piggy in a snack shop so I have some stuff to look at I started adding stuff to my wishlist so I wouldn't forget what I wanted I did it again so yeah......can you tell I needed a break from work :* ah well.
    Je61FcF.jpg
    baZGAuc.jpg
    szVevbt.jpg
    First made a new sim for bridgeport haven't done much but move her in and then the one below her I just thought was pretty she's a premade in twinbrook.
    lWdlIWf.jpg
    pONLfNH.jpg
    Still in twinbrook I made a new family I wish I could have them not be married but have kids I wanted them to get married anyways I was testing this out though not sure I'll find a place that it really settles on I wasn't thinking about it until I was playing....of course it sank Red, you put it in a practical swamp lol. I don't suppose anyone knows if there is a good spot or if Twinbrook is just not suited for the boardwalk? If not that's okay I was just wondering.
    ...they had fun anyways.
    DgFURc4.jpg
    Now onto sims you mostly know while I was playing with Morty his half sister Valerie aged up she is such a peach.
    s8HB7nU.jpg
    Got some new kids stuff though I mostly need clothes I'll have to look cause they seem so neglected in this game.
    l95iGoz.jpg
    Now here, I let them have their freewill and my cherub was having a moodswing and tried to set a trap in the sink while Megan was making breakfast and she was punished but she let her off the hook. Gunther figured, very typical of his wife.
    9w68CBQ.jpg
    Don't know why she wanted to go out to the sad barn without a coat but Elmo doesn't mind, after this I noticed they had a snowday so they put all the kids in the car and took them to the festival.
    b80iNFe.jpg
    The only thing I don't like is the spinning with strangers thing since I can only make them stop skating to stop the interaction as far as I saw so that old dude there is creepin'.
    a8blwLG.jpg
    At least Valerie was saved from him.
    dKm0WD5.jpg
    Sometimes I think I need to get her plastic surgery cause when she looks upset she looks reaaaaaly upset, I imagine she was moody I made her stop skating with her kids. They have eachother they'll be fine.
    DFga5HD.jpg
    oaOghkB.jpg
    She cheered up though Gunther just wanted to spend some time with her.
    jYcndGS.jpg
    Then they were creeped on and I"m just realizing I didn't record anything for them meh.
    YKLrrEh.jpg
    I really feel like Lizzie is going to grow up and steal some old man's money and feed him to a cowplant....when I remember to buy it lol.
    vjWJCg6.jpg
    After spending most of the day here the kids were sent home and Gunther took Megan to the casino which is next to where the boardwalk and carnival fit nicely I tossed the Altos and Landgraabs elsewhere.
    oVadHa5.jpg
    Between them they won 6k. :smiley:
    uBeqIXg.jpg
    Lastly I got a horse gnome finally I was trying to get one for my army on the farm and this one just happens to pop up I didn't name him yet but he's adorable....though who said you could be in the house? :o

Okay that's enough being silly..
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I restarted my first family I made in this game and gave them new appearances. They autonomously got engaged and married in the same night due to a Better Deep Discussions Mod I have. They're expecting a son who will be born next time I load up. Oh, the pregnancy also happened because of one of the answers I picked with that mod. LOL! Oopsie babies are my specialty ;)
    50406528922_e581754058_h.jpg
    50406380121_85a7ac0846_h.jpg
    50405673138_298e496256_h.jpg
    50405673028_3528941377_h.jpg
    50406379796_728440f19f_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights