Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    Yeah, it's an actual "***"-hair. ~grumble~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2020
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer ... Sebastian and Shauntelle LaRue look nice.
    What a lovely name as well, and there are a fair amount of LaRue's in my neck of the woods.

Nice job on the other Sim too ... She even has a bit of bulk.
    It's possible she could last 3 minutes on a wakeboard, without her arms being ripped out of socket jerking her out of the water.

@RedDestiny92 ... Nice Updates!

What a charming story with Don and Dracana.
    Glad she made friends, and Don is rather dutiful if nothing else.

It's nice she gets her way with special things like a Freezer Bunny Pop ... Priorities first ... :D
    Special Snowflake might not have been the most appropriate selection ...
    But it seems that nonconformity is not an family issue anyways.

Good luck with the Imaginary Friend, and too bad the Teddy Bear can't fight back.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited September 2020
    Been out doing errands today now time to comment

@bekkasan

I love your Mary save, you do such a good job with it.
    It cant be easy to be outside from her own home and see other people
    living there.
    Damien is so handsome and so is Liam. I hope they can all meet
    soon hehe.

@RedDestiny92

Great updates.

@Nikkei_Simmer

Nice CAS photos.

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Brandontaylor Thanks, I was curious about the roommates. Makes sense it is just to say your sim did it.

@Puddinroy Thanks!

@liizzys1302 Thank you for reading it and commenting! It is fun when they do something and it adds such a great moment in the story.
    The girls look beautiful in their formals. Wow, identicals. I don't think I've ever had identicals. Most of the time mine are male/female twins.
    The bride and groom look very handsome and very happy!

@ohmyohmy Congrats to Cori and George!
    very pretty scenery pictures.

@MoonandStars83 That is a bummer about the story. I've never heard of that glitch before.

@Nikkei_Simmer Your sims look great. Definitely much improved on the ea one. The hair is pretty, looks very natural.

@RedDestiny92 Thanks for the comments. I'm really having fun with that story.
    She aged really pretty. I love that Don is taking good care of her.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you! :smiley: I'm really enjoying the save too.

Mary might not like snowmen but she decided she liked ice skating. Was still learning the ropes in this picture.
    50353102866_79ec09883b_o.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @bekkasan I'm glad they aren't going to try and attempt it. Mary deserves another second change at life, not being stuck in the Netherworld.
    I can tell Liam has never been in that kind of situation before, lol.
    I hope Mary gets her happy ending.
    Now I'm looking forward to Damien getting to meet her.
    Sounds like Mary doesn't know whether to trust him or not yet.
    Hopefully Jamie gets rid of the ghosts and gets paid well.
    That's nice that a scholarship was started in Mary's name.
    Kids, that's how I met your mother, yelling at me in her lingerie for almost burning the house down. Oh, by the way, she was a ghost at the time.
    I'm glad to see she calmed down and listened to Damien.
    Great update!
    You're welcome.
    She'll get there, at least it shouldn't hurt, being a ghost and all.

@Nikkei_Simmer Great job on the LaRue's!
    Usually I don't pay much attention to Origin, but just thought I'd send a friend request anyway. :smile:
    Looks better than the unaltered Sim at least.

@RedDestiny92 Dracana looks nice as a child.
    Good job for him.
    Looks like the mother/genetic donor/alien mom showed up.
    Great update!

@Puddinroy Thank you!

@liizzys1302 Congrats on the marriage of the Lockhart's!

@ohmyohmy Congrats to George and Cori!
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I made her little bit ago starting from a sim from the bin.Super adorable nerdy sim

lKKqyAJ.png

During CAS shot ,I think she is cute and tried to keep her basic

GDQsgYQ.png

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited September 2020
    @Emily4331 and @emorrill I Think I Found Her :p I went through every one of her with that name in my library and was about to give up after deleting them one by one

but then it hit me

She was saved to my bin :o

Is this the right one?? And of course no CC

UqFwRYP.png

Emily if it wasn't for emorrill I would never know I sent the wrong sim,why didn't you say anything.

This was the one I bred her with and you got one of the wrong offspring from my grown up Lilo Pelekai and gender switched MaiLai

SMp0fiR.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Cori Lucas Update

This save will be considered an alternate timeline of what happens to Cori after she graduated university with Quinton and Ariana. In that save, she lives in Sunset Valley but in this one, she lives in Hidden Springs. It'll just be like my other saves where I don't make a story, I just describe the events.

AuMeNyR.jpg
    Cori Lucas moved to Hidden Springs to start her own life. She was given $16500 from the Langerak's as a gift so she could move to a town of her choice. After buying her house, she didn't have a lot left but had more than $420.

lFvLuPM.jpg
    It became apparent to me that she was severely lacking in the skills necessary for her career so I had her start reading a handiness skill book. I was hoping that the welcoming committee would show up, but they never did.

f5J7nyF.jpg
    I did get Cori a bicycle as a car wouldn't leave her any money at all. She can upgrade to a car soon enough.

sUpVzcr.jpg
    At one of the lots in towns, she met Ella Carlisle. Cori has trouble making friends as I left her with the original traits that CravenLestat gave her. I don't remember all five of them but she is brooding, clumsy, a hopeless romantic, shy, and one more I can't remember. She did gain the genius trait in university though.

errLKJg.jpg
    This lot had a ton of flowers so I had Cori collect as many as she could. She did fairly well, making $2,500 just on flowers.

glTp4Wq.jpg
    Cori went home to make supper but I only trusted her to make Autumn Salad as she can't burn that.

mCYaaKQ.jpg
    Before bed, I had her watch some TV but the bad reception made her a bit mad so I just sent her to bed.

A5GTDBA.jpg
    The following day, Cori ate salad for breakfast as I still don't trust her to cook.

CilNAQE.jpg
    Once she was ready, I had her read the handiness skill book again but she didn't gain her second skill point.

lBDc1Bo.jpg
    Work started today so Cori was busy for several hours. She didn't gain any job performance but luckily didn't lose any either. Her skills still need some work but she will get there.

BIF6wMZ.jpg
    5nxt9Wa.jpg
    Cori is a minor celebrity, which I forgot to mention earlier. She got an opportunity to meet Renauld Vanderburg, which I'll have her do eventually.
    Once she hung up the phone, I gave her a MultiTab to use for fun and quick skilling.

SiRVhKO.jpg
    I was going to have her buy a lotto ticket and a few groceries to start out with but I saw a potential spouse in Nicholas Riverhawk. His traits are really good so he could be the one. I'll make sure before I choose but he's one choice.

***Not playing tonight as I got a late start but will play one save over Saturday and Sunday.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Brandontaylor Sounds interesting.
    ****Great start to Cori's alternate story.

@Nikkei_Simmer Cute couple.
    ****It seemed the polite thing to do, so you weren't wondering why you got a random friend request.

@bekkasan I appreciate the sympathy. Let's just say I started that save 2 or 3 towers ago. It's gotten so old, it uses too much memory, I guess.
    ****Great pic!

@CravenLestat Cute Sims.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Today I was in my Grey/Tanner save, another ancient one that may not be much longer for the world. I got caught up in CASing townies, so not much happened. Then I got an Error 13, and had to close out the game (my own @*#^ fault). I'll try again tomorrow.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    edited September 2020
    @Brandontaylor "Cori went home to make supper but I only trusted her to make Autumn Salad as she can't burn that"

Ie5e9KF.gif

:|

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @CravenLestat I hadn't looked at her in-game yet. :bawling:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Brandontaylor I like your latest update - I recognised the house and the world in general. That's the house I put Oscar and Louise into when I first started playing them. That was a long time before I thought of making a video series about them.

I'm sure Cori will have a wonderful time there. Some of the parties the locals put on and invited Louise to were awesome. Especially the costume parties.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Emily4331 and @emorrill I Think I Found Her :p I went through every one of her with that name in my library and was about to give up after deleting them one by one

but then it hit me

She was saved to my bin :o

Is this the right one?? And of course no CC

UqFwRYP.png

Emily if it wasn't for emorrill I would never know I sent the wrong sim,why didn't you say anything.

[/img]

@CravenLestat I'm pretty sure that's her. :)Yay that you found her! Link please? :blush:

I would've said something earlier if I noticed earlier she wasn't the same sim from the pics you sent me. ;) Lol

@bekkasan To answer your earlier question: I didn't change very much in the dialogue in Ch 4 other than adding in a word or two to make what they were saying better or rewording some sentences. Those tiny changes made a HUGE difference! :grin: I was kinda surprised. ;)

To the rest of y'all I've given out Awesomes on your posts and have enjoyed every one of them. <3 I'm sorry I haven't had time lately to make individual comments. I've been using my free time to work on my story lately. :smirk: Speaking of...I'm getting ready to post a new update to the story. Stay tuned! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Sending now @emorrill and smelly Emily >:)

Her new name is Kanya Saeli

DfydFiZ.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm not ignoring people...I just don't want to play when the graphics look absolutely terrible.
    I can't play with terrible looking graphics, it bugs me. So I found other games to play that look good.
    I've given likes to all the feedback.

It really irks me because my other games look fine.
    120198945_649222532668669_3097848525519752856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=dd9801&_nc_ohc=I5jkX9Hk1YkAX_37pyG&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=d2ade64989cfe0f124bab96d8f8f0b4f&oe=5F953C11
    The photo in the spoiler looks perfectly fine(its from a truck driving game) This is the only reason
    I don't return this PC.
    Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 9...

Meanwhile at the ladies house, Haley stood before the mirror above the dresser in the main living area, expressing a quick squeal and clasping her hands together.

50384641047_8f5fe79612_c.jpg

Abigail, deep in a book on the couch, couldn’t help but hear it. “What?” she asked.
    Haley squeaked again. “It’s been SO long since I’ve worn my hair like this that I’ve forgotten just how adorbs it looks!”
    Abigail just shook her head, tuning out the blonde now.
    “And putting together outfits for Emily got me all inspired! I didn’t realize the Wizard had such a fab sense of fashion, stocking up the closets for us the way he did.”
    That regained Abigail’s attention.
    “This tie up top is tres chic and these faded jeans perf compliment my waistline.” She turned and studied her hips again. “I’m glad I chose this outfit for myself over my sister because no offense to her, she couldn’t rock this. It’s not her style. And besides even if it was she sure doesn’t need to be showing off her body to that je’rk.” She rolled her eyes with disdain. “I still don’t know why she even bothers with him...”

Abigail then lowered her book and turned her head toward Haley’s direction so she would hear. “Maybe because she’s a kind and compassionate person? I say that’s just the kind of person Shane needs in his life right now.” She returned to the book. “You know, you should be proud of who your sister is instead of criticizing her all the time. Maybe then you might learn something from her.”
    Haley gaped, sharply turning in her direction. “What do you mean by that?”
    “Oh I think you know exactly what I mean by that,” came the matter of fact response as Abigail turned to meet her gaze. In her mind, it was high time something needed to be said.
    “Are you implying that I’m not a kind and compassionate person?”
    “Yeah, actually,” she bluntly admitted. “Maybe learning to not be so self-absorbed is just the reason the Wizard sent you here with us…”
    Haley’s mouth dropped at the audacity. “Excuse me! I--”
    The doorbell rang.

The two girls shot stern looks at each other, ordering the other to answer the door, but ultimately Abigail huffed and did it herself.

50384640967_51acb3aafb_c.jpg

“HARVEY!? Oh my gosh!” she cried in surprise.

Harvey quickly held a finger to his lips to shh her so he could surprise Penny.
    “Excuse me Harvey,” Elliott kindly said, stepping past him and into the house. “My lady awaits.”
    “She’s in the sun room Elliott,” Abigail informed, “working on a painting.”
    “Oh wonderful! I can’t wait to see!”

Her attention returned to the Doctor. “Holy cow I can’t even put into words how good you look!” she whispered. “Penny is going to be SO surprised!”
    “I’m greatly looking forward to her reaction,” he grinned brightly. “This has been kinda fun surprising all of you like this.”
    “Well then how about I go fetch her for you,” she winked. “Wait right here.”

Haley finally turned from the mirror and seeing the Doctor’s presence she naturally greeted, “Hey Harvey,” then gaped, “holy frick-balls you look different!”
    He laughed.
    But that was quickly tossed aside as she glanced at the door behind him. “Aww, Alex didn’t come with you?”
    “No,” he answered, “but he did want me to tell you that he’d be over once he’s finished his morning workout.”
    There was a slight, playful eye roll. “That’s my Alex,” she said, flashing a smile and retreating to one of the nearby couches to wait.

Abigail emerged from Penny’s bedroom and closed the door. “She’s almost finished getting ready,” she told Harvey. “I just told her you were here and waiting.” She winked, then returned to her place on the couch with her book.
    “Thanks.”

In a couple of minutes, Penny stepped out into the living area. Before her eyes met with Harvey’s, he greeted her with, “Hello Penny.”

The red-head’s eyes lit up as she gasped and stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of her new boyfriend.

50383765653_6f7afce029_c.jpg

Harvey’s blushed smile grew even brighter at her reaction.
    “Oh my goodness!” she expressed, coming closer to him. “Harvey you...you look so...cute!” She took him into her arms and he did her.
    “Thank you,” he beamed, even though cute wasn’t exactly the word he was expecting.

50384641072_86de1fea5f_c.jpg

Penny stroked where his mustache used to be, somehow reading his thoughts. “Sorry, I mean you look very handsome.”
    “Oh yeah?”
    “Yeah,” she grinned. “You really didn’t have to do this for me. I didn’t mind it.”
    “Yeah...but I wanted to. Besides it needed to go. It was aging me too much.” He chuckled.
    “Oh Harvey…”
    “Hold that thought for a moment,” he asked, then leaned in and very sweetly planted a kiss upon her lips. Like a young boy kissing the prettiest girl in the schoolyard for the first time. Penny found it adorable.

50384461581_3f83e12018_c.jpg

As he removed his lips he gazed into her eyes and asked, “How do my kisses feel now?”
    Penny’s cheeks lit up like a red rose. “Wonderful,” she replied, “they always did.”

50383765728_0a0f55f366_c.jpg

Aww! Abigail cooed within her mind, secretly loving overhearing all this.

“I still can’t believe it’s you,” Penny said, placing her hands upon his cheeks and kissing him again. “It’s like I’m kissing a younger version of yourself.” She giggled.
    “Oh I feel younger every minute,” he said with an alluring gaze, “being with you.”
    “Mmm,” she kissed him again with a grin. “I just can’t get enough of you.”

They began to make out, holding each other tightly and stifling moans for the sake of the other two girls.

Haley grimaced at the sight and looked away. If Harvey wasn’t such an “old man” to her, she probably would’ve reacted in the same way as Abigail. Hurry up already Alex! Her patience was wearing thin. It somewhat bothered her that Harvey and Elliott were so anxious to come over and see their girls, but not Alex. However she knew how important exercise is to him. He was kind enough to leave a message with Harvey so...I’ll let him off the hook this time.

Maru hummed to herself as she came down the stairs to greet the day. Her eyes were quite surprised to find her two best friends making out at the base of it. Her feet, and heart, came to a halt.

50384641122_42b6d2a082_c.jpg

She was just about to turn and head for the kitchen, to avoid the scene, when Harvey took notice of her presence and removed his lips from Penny. “Oh, hey Maru,” he greeted. “Didn’t realize you were standing there.”
    Penny looked down in embarrassment.

50383765793_c8d33aa65a_c.jpg

In that moment, seeing his face, Maru’s mouth dropped in shock. She was speechless, the color draining from her face despite her heart fluttering wildly back into gear. Suddenly all those willingly suppressed feelings toward her Boss, that somehow showed up yesterday, floated right back up to the surface and they pulsated through her soul more stronger than ever.

50383765823_d2340f84a3_c.jpg

There wasn’t ever any attraction to the good Doctor before, really it was his mind she was attracted to, but now...there was a sudden physical attraction combined with it and she found herself becoming hot and bothered by his new look and presence; a feeling she was so sure never even existed in all the years she’d known him.

Harvey enjoyed her reaction as much as the others, but when her mouth didn’t close right away, he felt to assure her, “It’s okay. It’s really me. I promise.”
    Penny giggled.

Maru blinked rapidly as she raised her jaw, coming back to reality. “Oh...sorry,” she finally spoke, holding a hand to her chest and feeling the need to catch her breath. “You just...caught me by surprise there Harvey.” She stepped closer to him. “Wow,” she breathed, “you look...uh...wow.”
    “Thank you,” he blushed.
    “I know, right? He’s always looked handsome,” Penny stated, taking his hand, “but now he looks extra handsome.”
    “Uh huh,” Maru mindlessly agreed, unable to take her eyes off him. “He really does.”

From the couch, Abigail raised her eyes from the book and shifted them in Maru’s direction, sensing something drastically unusual in her demeanor. Hmm…

50383765863_b349fba22b_c.jpg

“So how did you...I mean, why did you...shave your mustache off?” Maru asked, stumbling all over her words and it was bothersome because she never did that. Her heart just wouldn’t stop fluttering and her mind had become a scrambled mess. "I can't believe it!"

50383765898_b371e08d34_c.jpg

Harvey lightly shrugged. “I just decided it was time for a change,” he paused to look at Penny, “and I did it for my girl.”
    “Even though I told him he really didn’t have to,” Penny blushed. “It wouldn’t have bothered me if you decided to keep it.” Harvey smiled in appreciation. Even though he already knew that, it was nice to hear.
    “Wow, I,” Maru blinked again, “didn’t think you’d ever shave it off. I always figured it was a part of you...or your heritage or something; let alone shave it off for a girl.” Would he have done that for me?
    Penny tried not to feel a twinge of hurt from that comment; it wasn’t intended.
    “Well,” Harvey paused, thinking, “I guess I’m just feeling like a new man with Penny as my girl now,” he said with a smile, putting his arm around her. “She makes me happier than I’ve ever been and I always want to please her, even if that means shaving off a mustache that would tickle her while we kiss and undesirably interrupt it.” The two lovebirds chuckled.

Hearing those words, that were pretty much a declaration of love, sent an unexpected dagger through Maru’s heart. She quickly threw up all her defenses to hide it. “I see...well that’s...very sweet,” she said with a fake smile, feeling those defenses crumbling quickly. She had to retreat. “Sorry, I uh,” she pinched at her forehead for a second, “just remembered I left my cell phone on the chemistry table and...I really should go grab it.”
    Both Penny and Harvey looked upon her curiously at the random thought. “Alright,” he said, “that’s probably a good idea.”
    Maru flashed a smile. “You two enjoy your day together. I’ll catch you both later.” She turned for the stairs.
    “Yes. We still need to get together and decide which other medicines we need to compound,” Harvey added. “I’ll call you.”
    Maru nodded and ascended the stairs. “See you guys.”
    “Bye,” Penny bid farewell.

“That was odd,” Harvey whispered to her. “I hope she’s feeling alright.”

50384641222_b47649e024_c.jpg

“I’m sure she is,” Penny hoped. “It isn’t unlike her to forget some of her gadgets in random places.”
    “True.” But he couldn’t help shaking the feeling that something was wrong.

50384461731_529e1db2dd_c.jpg

“Well,” he sighed, realizing he had to let it go for now. “Shall we be on our way then? Have breakfast at our favorite Bistro?” He winked.
    “Are they even open in the morning?”
    “I dunno,” he replied, giving her a suggestive look. “If not, we’ll think of somewhere else to go.”

50384641262_7227180301_c.jpg

Penny grinned. “Ooh, I like the sound of that.”
    He chuckled, taking her hands. “This dress looks great on you by the way. It’s very cute.”
    “Thanks!”

Abigail watched the new couple exit the house with glee, feeling a hint of jealousy. Shortly afterward Sebastian gave her a call.

She hastily answered it while getting up from the couch. “Hey Seb! What’s up?”
    “Heeeey,” came the cute reply. “Nothing much. I just had a thought.”
    “Oh? What’s that?”
    “I was thinking I wanna see more of the town and countryside while riding this sweet motorcycle.”
    “Ooh!”
    “Yeah! And I was wondering...if you’d like to join me?”
    Abigail’s face lit up. “Would I!? Heck YEAH!” She always loved riding on Sebastian’s “lit” motorcycle back home.

50384461506_a8f6c2815e_c.jpg

“Although,” she paused, looking down at her attire. “I should probably change into something else first. Something a little more protective.”
    “Oh yeah?” He smirked on the other end. “What exactly are you wearing?”
    She blushed and then teased, “Something that’s not fit for a motorcycle ride that’s for sure.”

50384461476_1bba4e34f0_c.jpg

“Aww, I’ll bet it’s cute...your outfits are always cute. Wish I could see it.”
    A bright smile lit up her face. “Well I’ll wear it another day for ya alright?”
    “Sounds good. So I guess I’ll pick you up in...a half hour or so?”
    “It doesn’t take me that long to change clothes!”
    “Yeah, yeah…,” he teased in return.
    She just shook her head. “I’ll see you soon Seb. Bye.”

She headed up the stairs right away, and burst into her bedroom, planning to time just how long it would take her to change clothes to get back at Sebastian. Certainly not thirty minutes!

When she stepped in though, her eyes instantly met with Maru, sitting on the edge of her bed and...crying. An “Oh,” escaped her mouth. I’ve GOT to remember I don’t have my own room anymore!

50384641277_193525697c_c.jpg

Upon Abigail’s entrance, Maru instantly composed herself and turned her head away to wipe at a tear.
    “Sorry,” Abigail felt to say, “I keep forgetting we share a room now. I was just coming up here to change clothes since your brother invited me out on a motorcycle ride.”
    Maru flashed a smile. “That’s nice,” she sniffed, still struggling to meet her gaze.
    Abigail's eyebrows pulled down into a frown. “Are you okay?”
    “Yeah. It’s nothing,” came the answer with a dismissive wave.

“Okaaay,” Abigail tried to accept, heading for the dresser. She couldn’t push, or certainly expect, Maru to tell her anything especially when they weren’t very close, despite being best friends with her brother. As she got changed, she shot a few casual glances at her friend’s sister and found her bringing her legs up to the bed, crossing them, and then burying her face in her hands. That was making it all the more difficult for Abigail to ignore her.

50384461756_f2917b293b_c.jpg

All the while, Maru was wrestling with herself; needing so badly to talk to another girl about this, but not wanting to. These were feelings she never really allowed herself to feel, to explore, always pleasurably buried in her inventions and studies and working to make daddy proud. She had dreams, big dreams, and she was smart enough to make them happen. She didn’t want anything getting in the way of that. She began to feel angry at herself for being so foolish, allowing her dad to influence her so, and now realizing there was nothing she could ever do to prevent her heart from falling before achieving her dreams. It’s not that she never wanted to fall in love and allow someone into her life, but she wanted it to happen on her own terms. She liked being in control, but she was learning that life can’t always be controlled. How could I have been so stupid and naïve! Seb was right about me. More tears slid down her cheeks behind her fingers.

50383766013_1bbb35d006_c.jpg

“That should do it,” Abigail concluded, studying herself in the mirror one last time before turning for the door. “I hope you feel better,” she said to Maru.
    There was no answer.
    Curling her lower lip between her teeth, debating, she was about to turn and take her leave, but she just couldn’t ignore it. “Does this have to do with Harvey and Penny?” she asked.
    There was still no answer.
    She could take a hint. “Sorry I asked…,” she mumbled and turned to open the door.

Maru lifted her eyes from her wet fingers, surrendering to the inner voice before Abigail slipped away for good. “You know how I always told everyone I wasn’t interested in Harvey?”
    Abigail stopped.
    “It was a lie…” She sniffed, lowering her head to cry some more.

50384461796_28160be534_c.jpg

Abigail swiftly came to her side, sat down, and placed a caring hand on her shoulder. “Why?” she simply asked.
    Maru slapped her hand down upon her thigh, unable to meet her gaze. “Because he was always my boss you know? Always too old for me,” she looked down again. “I thought it was creepy that he had a crush on me and I really wasn’t physically attracted to him at all! But apparently,” she paused, “something is there because when I saw him down there all clean shaven and kissing Penny,” she sniffed, “I-I can’t describe it. He just looked so...hot! Like the genius man I always pictured myself being with and...I wanted him so badly!” Another tear fell from her eye. “I could’ve kissed him, thinking surely he would kiss me back because of his past feelings for me. But then I remembered...he’s with my best friend now and no longer has those feelings. Any opportunity there is gone.”
    Abigail frowned in sorrow for her.
    “I blew it,” she sobbed. “Blew a chance with the perfect guy and the ONE guy in town my dad would actually approve of!”

50384641342_45e8758c99_c.jpg

“Hey,” Abigail consoled, putting her arm around Maru and allowing her head to rest on her shoulder as she cried. “It’s okay girl...it’s okay. You’re not the first person to ever go through this…and you didn’t blow it.” She paused, hoping she’d say all the right things. “I know it’s hard not to feel like all hope is lost right now, that the opportunity is gone, but...it’s really not.”

50384641332_7c515927b8_c.jpg

“How so?” Maru asked, lifting her head and wiping away her tears again.
    “Well...just because he and Penny are together now, doesn’t mean they’ll stay together.”
    Maru gave her a look of surprise.
    “I mean,” she started, raising her palms, “I’m not wishing ill on their relationship or anything it’s just...cr’ap happens in life, hurting even the best of relationships, and sometimes two people just don’t work out and end up going their separate ways. And it’s not like they’re married! So there’s always a chance in that regard.”
    “True,” Maru sniffed, “but I highly doubt they’ll break up. Harvey practically declared his love for her back there.” It ached her heart to say it. “And Penny’s had a crush on him for a long time.”
    Abigail nodded, honestly thinking the same, but was just trying to provide comfort. “I’m so sorry Maru,” she expressed, “this really is a su’cky situation, especially since they are both your best friends.”
    “Thanks.”
    “Time heals all wounds though, it really does. Just allow yourself that time and don’t beat yourself up when you’re not always at the top of your game every day alright?”
    She smiled appreciatively.

“Do you mind if I’m a little frank about something?” Abigail carefully asked. “Since you brought up your dad earlier.”
    “Uhh...I guess.”
    Abigail shifted her weight on the bed before starting. “You mentioned Harvey being the only man your dad would approve of for you...well...whether he approves of someone or not, your heart is going to love who you’re meant to be with and...he’s going to have to accept that. You can’t allow him to dictate your life Maru. It’s YOUR life! You choose your path and you choose your mate, and you need to always remember that.” She paused, chuckling for a second. “I’m sorry, but...I’ve been over at your house enough times to witness how overbearing your dad is and I’ve been dying to tell you this for a while.” Maru nodded with a half smile. “We both know he means well for you, and I know you don’t want to hurt him or be disrespectful, but girl if you don’t stand up to him when it’s necessary, you’re going to live one hell of a miserable life! A life you don’t really want. I certainly don’t want that for you and believe it or not, Seb doesn’t want that for you either…”

50384461841_735175028c_c.jpg

Maru met her gaze with a curious look.
    “Just...try not to let your dad’s wishes for you consume you okay? Use them as a guide, not as an absolute. Listen to your heart. Follow it, even toward the right man when the time is right, and you’ll never go wrong.”
    “Thank you,” Maru smiled at her and they both stood from the bed. “And thank you for listening. I’m really glad we had this chat.”
    “Aww, me too,” she said, taking Maru into a hug. “I’m happy I was here to help. I hope I did...”
    “You did. I really appreciate your advice.”

50384641372_be4d0d2582_c.jpg

Getting close to Sebastian’s sister would certainly warm his heart, Abigail couldn’t help thinking. Then the doorbell rang again. Oh my gosh! He’s gonna think I was working on getting dressed this whole time! Dang it!

She told Maru a quick goodbye and bolted down the stairs.

Maru slumped back down upon the bed again and sighed while gazing at the chemistry station. How am I going to put my feelings aside when I’ll be working so closely with Harvey in compounding more medicines? She chewed at her lip. Well, whether it’s here or back home, I’m still going to have to work with him so...I’m just going to have to learn to deal with it.

50384640917_e3e35f64b4_c.jpg

To be continued... :)
    @emorrill
    50383765653_6f7afce029_c.jpg
    I love the dress in this photo! Where did you get it? And so many adorable poses!
    Great photos!
    edited September 2020
    @GraceyManor Hoo boy......I gotta try to remember where I found those dresses... They were part of my maternity wear search actually. :lol: They're super cute on pregnant sims!
    (The pattern is @CravenLestat 's so that's not how the dress originally looks. Just FYI. ;) )

Okay so they are from Poppy Sims, but...she has removed her site from the internet. Thankfully some fellow simmers shared her stuff on simfileshare - with her permission - so you should be able to find them in this combined download link here: https://simfileshare.net/download/316452/.
    (They will be labeled as maternity wear, so look for that.)

If you don't see any maternity in that package, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. :blush:

Edit: Link to her site via the Wayback Machine. :) Click on the different pages down below for more options!
    https://web.archive.org/web/20150206041209/http://poppysims.com/afmaternitypage12.html
    Thanks! :)
    edited September 2020
    Thanks! :)

@GraceyManor Crud...I'm looking through the pages on the Wayback Machine and I'm not seeing that specific dress...... 🤔 (Unless I missed it? I'm tired.) I thought for SURE I got it from there! :grimace: Hang on....

I can't find it. It might have been on TSR or MTS, I don't know. :( Sorry...if I find it I'll share it with you.

Don't disregard Poppy's clothes though! They are GREAT to have in your game!
    Oh and thank you for the compliments on my poses. :kissing_heart:
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited September 2020
    There's something about the "eyes" in your sims, @emorrill...that makes them soooo adorable.
    50384461476_1bba4e34f0_c.jpg

Awwwwwww...I feel so sorry for Maru. Maybe she should get a hot-looking but kind-hearted guy of her own, now that Penny has Harvey all hog-tied. :mrgreen:
    50384461841_735175028c_c.jpg
    :innocent: Maybe a hot asian guy. :p:D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @emorrill ... Nice Job on the Update.

You have some great screenshots, and well organized shots.
    For the most part, you have the 'four corners' down, either naturally or intentionally.
    Snappy outfits throughout the segment, nice job on that.

Nice Work ... Good Flow ... Keep Up The Good Work!
    Looking forward to the next run at it.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Brandontaylor Thanks so much for your comments. :smiley: I enjoyed writing those two chapters and it is great to read your thoughts.
    lol, I had that same thought when I was writing it about Damien telling the kids about how he met their Mom. Would make a much better story than that silly show's ending!
    I'm glad to see Cori starring in her own save. :smiley:
    I hope you like Hidden Springs. I've always enjoyed it and the sims are an interesting bunch.
    Ella is cute, she just married Sebastian in my Hidden Springs after they had a baby together. He's another one to think about for Cori. :grin: He's rich!
    Nicholas is cute though!
    It is a shame it is winter in my story and I can't pick flowers for money! That was nice to help with her income.
    I let my sims cook anyway, and if they burn it they don't have to eat it. They will eat toast or yogurt from the fridge. I'm surprised she had not upped her cooking at uni.
    What kind of work is she doing? I forgot what she was studying.
    Look forward to more.

@CravenLestat She is a cute nerdy sim!

@MoonandStars83 That is a bummer that you can't save a story that has been with you that long. :cry: Thanks!

@GraceyManor I'm sorry you are not enjoying the game with the graphics issues. I really didn't see anything wrong in the last pictures you posted of your story, but we each have to decide what we can deal with in our own games.

@emorrill Update! Great way to start my Saturday reading more about the StarDew folk. :smiley: I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. What a rush of emotions.
    Haley is a trip! She's so full of herself and I was so thrilled to see Abigail take her down a peg with her comments. I'm not sure how much got through to her, but I sure hope enough that makes her think before she opens up her vapid mouth. :grin::sunglasses:
    I love how everyone is so surprised at Harvey without his 'stache'. He is cute! Now, if we could do something about those 1950 glasses :lol: I know, they have made a comeback...my son got glasses last year and look just like Harvey's. :tongue:
    hehe, Kinda think it was funny Haley was a bit upset that Alex didn't forgo his training to rush to her side. I sure hope he doesn't spoil her. She is spoiled enough.
    I love Penny's face when she sees Harvey. I also love how they respond to each other. :heart: hehe, making out in front of the other girls. :wink:
    I'm wondering if there is something in the water. Maru's sudden profound reaction to 'mustache less' Harvey is just strange. You wrote it wonderfully and it added some interesting drama and twist to the story. I'm hoping she does not cause problems for Penny and Harvey though! They are so perfect for each other. Penny brings out the fun that Harvey has put aside for years. Maru had her chance all those years working side by side and she did blow it. Yep, sorry I don't feel very sorry for her. :lol: yes...I am most definitely #teamPenny/Harvey
    Abby looks very happy talking with Sebastian on the phone! I like her outfit too! Oh...I want to know where you got Maru's outfit as well. :grin:
    Ok...Maru did not have any feelings for Harvey when she KNEW he had a crush on her, and thought he was too old and it was creepy!??! She really doesn't have feelings for him now even if she thinks she does! :confused:
    I laughed with Abby's first advice that things happen and just because they are together now doesn't mean they will always be that way. Oh well, the hopeless romantic in me doesn't want to listen to that! :grin: I never did like soap operas with the way they tossed feelings for each other aside like the drop of a hat. I hope she is able to still be their friends but perhaps it is time for her to hang with others for awhile. haha, Maybe she can snatch Alex away from Haley! That would be fun to watch! :grin::tongue: When I read the page you referred to previously again, it reminded me the quest is to find out something about themselves, and in the process finding true happiness. That does not necessarily mean pairing up. :neutral: I think the romantic in me wants that to happen as well for them to all be happy, I like Abby's advice to think about what her heart wants and not what her father wants. :heart:
    I love the pose of her crying on the bed! Where did you find that one?
    Awesome chapter! Next? :grin:

Played in the Ballan family yesterday, I had to snicker at the dog laying down to eat. I've had a cat that did that years ago. One of the dog's traits is lazy. :grin:
    50385774076_aeb0f68ce2_o.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top