Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer if you're interested in badges and haven't got it yet, there is a badge for a sim having 15 babies. It is best achieved by a male sim with a group of female sims. The sim going for the 15 babies must stay in the same house all the way through. You probably need to be logged in to get the badge awarded. I tried it a few times before I finally got the badge. Even after I made all of the sims specifically with traits to assist the challenge, there was trouble and one of the girls pulled out of the challenge so another one had to have an extra baby.

Good luck with it and I'd be interested to see how you go.

Happy Simming
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited September 2020
    comments

@emorrill

You are welcome, always nice to see a new chapter
    from you, I know how busy you are.

@Emily4331

You are welcome, yo are so good at creating stuff,
    that skin is very nice.

@BlackSand

I think his name was Brandon hehe, I uh forgot to ask
    about his number but I'm sure he's got one hehe.
    Thank you, it's not too difficult to edit I just like to use cc.

@bekkasan

You are welcome, thank you
    I think her party was successful no one left.

@OliviaAR

Welcome to the thread, wonderful
    screenshots. Thank you.

@Nikkei_Simmer

wow, that is quite a challenge that 100 babies one,
    been thinking to try it but don't know haha.

@jillbg

* waves*

@Brandontaylor

Great update.

@MamaSimTee

Congrats to the ghost baby.

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Silverofdreams30
    tenor.gif?itemid=13123994

I had to test some conversions and stuff in CAS and I really liked how this top and skirt turned out so yada yada yada, it was photoshoot time. :lol: This time, with Ellie. :smiley: I was heavily inspired by early 2000s goth.

mqg0IAc.png

cQjnmVK.png

Vampires #1. When the room is full of plasma, I think the least important question is "how is she staying on that tombstone?" so don't ask. :tongue:
    pz7zddj.png
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Emily4331

Lovely shots,
    please post more whenever your game :)
  • OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 I've been in this thread for a few days, but thank you none the less!!! :smiley:
    Actually, my first day to this thread I made a post talking about what my sims did, but I wasn't able to post picture, yet, since I was new. If I remember correctly, that was my first day to The Sims Forums all together. Its so exciting getting to talk with other simmers.
    My husband loves sim, namely the The SIms and The SIms 2, but he isn't a diehard simmer like me. :love:
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • OliviaAROliviaAR Posts: 31 Member
    @Emily4331 Your sim is very beautiful! She's got the mysterious, stay on her good side vibe~
    50367188388_aeb7c99673_m.jpg
    Sometimes All You Need Is A Warm Hug From Your Bestfriend
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited September 2020
    Great updates everyone... :)

@ZeeGee,
    And to everyone else, what is this crusty Karen challenge thing?! @lisasc360 Karen is very pretty. She doesn't look at all crusty to me!
    Thank you... :) Love what you did with Krusty Karen... :) Craven has other Sim ladies in his studio that he made for other make-overs as well. I have them downloaded into my game, I just haven't done anything with them yet... :)

@Mikezumi, you're welcome... :)

@Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 Love the poses you used and the outfits!
    Thank you... :)

@MoonandStars83,
    @lisasc360 Great job! She's lovely.

@Silverofdreams30,
    @lisasc360

Love the photoshoot, amazing job.

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 You picked some nice outfits for your Karen.
    That was very nice that you brought the outdoors inside for her.
    Yes, I just didn't want her to look all grumpy while she was outdoors but now she has the "loves the outdoors" trait after doing her photo shoot. She just hopes that she doesn't embarrass herself when she goes out since she still has the unlucky, the clumsy and the socially awkward traits... :)

@GraceyManor,
    @lisasc360
    Glad to see you still playing.I haven't seen you in a while.
    XD Your makeover of Krusty Karen is beautiful! And I love
    the backdrop and style you chose.
    Yeah I'm still playing ever so often, I've just been playing World of Warcraft a lot since the new EP is dropping on October 26th and I'm trying to get some things done in the game before then. When I did Krusty Karen's make-over and photo shoot, I played during the day while the hubby is working and then when he get's home, then I go into WoW so that we can work together on some things in there... :)
    Loving your story so far... :)

Edit to say that I would had did my commenting yesterday but we had an issue with the internet being down for most of the day and way into the night due to the fiber line coming down over the interstate and causing issues across the state that I live in. The hubby called them yesterday about 2:00 pm and was on hold with them for about an hour. The hubby has been home with me for the past 2 days as he had another covid test done on Saturday when he was at the ER for swollen lymph nodes and loss of voice. So because he had another test, he has to stay home until he hears what the results are according to the company he works for.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    hey again everyone :) i'm back with updates on what has been happening in my game so far.

Cori threw a costume party and invited her friends.. somehow the party got crashed by a teenager? weird lol.
    c1157a3b79524176b0a4f3cebaa31a97158aa894.png

she also had her first kiss with George Dean.
    1b61ef64acbad52db910dbbd4d0d322c5578b85e.png

chatting with da boss.. maybe she'll get a promotion because the party was so good? ,-, hopefully
    de96aab7a6b7ff9a1d0c460c3549ed0263a82180.png

this was the first time I saw a zombie in ts3(i never played with supernaturals) and it really freaked me out lol. send help pls xD
    c2a6d6adac98a14870968b2415873b231641dc29.png

and a random sim looking in the house.. I guess she's wondering why it's such a mess.. I feel ya girl.
    e5987b00a08c2abe0d0af03042595002fdf51c36.png
  • liizzys1302liizzys1302 Posts: 53 Member
    I recently started a new legacy with a YA sim called Angelica Lockhart who is a journalist she has twin girls, Bree and Briar Lockhart, with her boyfriend Oliver Mcoy. Today they got used to their new house (its on the beach front in Sunset Valley) and taught the twins to walk, talk and use the toilet. They went to the Spring Festival on Love day where Oliver proposed to Angelica and she said yes. Then it was Angelica's birthday to adulthood and after blowing out the candles she and Oliver dissapeared upstairs leaving all of their friends to eat cake while they had some alone time and because of the deep conversations mod they autonomously decided to try for a baby which was successful. I wasn't planning on them having another baby but I guess they wanted to, the twins will just have to carry on sharing a room instead of moving into seperate ones when they're teens. Then the twins aged up into kids and after re-decorating their room I decided to end my play session their for now.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Thank you... :) Love what you did with Krusty Karen... :) Craven has other Sim ladies in his studio that he made for other make-overs as well. I have them downloaded into my game, I just haven't done anything with them yet... :)

@lisasc360 Thanks! And now I will be headed to Craven's studio to see what other hidden gems I can find. :smile: Hope your hubby's test comes back negative.

@OliviaAR Welcome to the forum!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    The youngest in the Queens fam, Jaxon, became a toddler. Somehow, unlike his 3 siblings who have orangey-red hair, he has very light blonde. I'm not sure where it came from, but it fits his favorites: spooky music & the color black.

Maxwell becomes child soon. Can't wait.

Hired a butler to help out with cleaning. The fam needs the extra help.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    Hey everyone. :)

@BlackSand Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my recent story post. :kissing_heart: I did put a lot of effort into it. I always do. ;) Writing is my passion. <3 It fills my heart with joy to see that it's being enjoyed by others. 🤗

@Silverofdreams30 Yeah, I hate how busy I've become since COVID ran rampant. :confounded: But it's getting easier now with daughter in school. 👍

@OliviaAR Thank you SO much for the link to the dresses! :smiley: I appreciate it.

So I went back to read the previous chapters of my Stardew Valley Story. :) Just to refresh my mind of all that's happened so that there aren't any discrepancies in my story as I continue writing because I hate those! :confounded:

:lol:

Anyway, I wanted to post the link to Chapter 4 where they all discuss what they think the Quest is about. :blush: I reworded a few things and made it 20% cooler better. :mrgreen: So if you're interested, and need a refresher as well, click on the link below. It's a humorous read. :grin:
    (If you wanna scroll past Seb and Maru's conversation that's cool. And if any of you are new to the story and wish to catch up from the beginning, just scroll up and hover your mouse over Pelican Town to Sims Town and click on Chapter 1. 👍 😊 )

“Once you have completed the quest, then will you return. How long it takes to complete will depend upon the hearts of each and every one of you.” - The Wizard Rasmodius

49527141713_d9a91ed10b_c.jpg

https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/pelican-town-to-sims-town/chapter-4/

Keep calm and Sim on my friends! :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Karritz - So far River and Bebe are preggers and out of the three new girls. Anita is preggers as well. :D Boy am I going to get a lot of flak for this. The poor ladies. :mrgreen:

There may be a few additions as well...who knows at this point. It all depends on how much my poor laptop will take. If I overload the game...it might just say eff this...and Error 12 on me.

I'm sure that River just wasn't happy about the fact that she felt like she was going to upchuck her entire meal she just had (thanks to being pregnant) but man, did she ever look like she wasn't happy about the fact that Haruo was being Casanova...with all these other ladies. :D That look directed at Bebe would probably have melted Bebe into a lump of unrecognizable goo.
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    I don't know what the heck happened to her eye-color...had to go back into CAS and change it back to green.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Played on The Oakley Legacy

There were a few aging ups in town, and Marcus has reached Level 5 in Painting. I'm debating if he or Bede shall be the heir
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you! :3 You know I will!

@OliviaAR Thank you :heart:
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Thanks for the comments on the ghost baby. I've been away from the game since that happened. Life and all that.

You all posted so many great updates and I really need to take notes, because I know I forget people. So if I forget you, please forgive me. I think I need to start taking that prevagin stuff for memory. (getting old).

@Nikkei_Simmer I can't believe you're doing that challenge with poor River. I think it's cute you're so loyal to those two sims you love so much.

@GraceyManor I love the dresses your sims are pictured in.

@Emily4331 You always create such stunning sims.

@Karritz @BlackSand @bekkasan @Brandontaylor and @emorrill HI!!!

@CravenLestat Where's my Harley? LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @BlackSand Great explanation of the different covens. Was going to ask a bit more about them.

@GraceyManor At least she got what she deserved in the end.
    I'm just glad she did get out.
    Wonder what he wants to show Kim?
    Cool, ghost horses!
    That'd be neat, riding a ghost horse. I really need to play with horses more often.
    Great update!

@Emily4331 You're welcome, always looking forward to seeing your Sims.
    Nice Sim, she looks very vampirish.

@OliviaAR I wish I had a horse, although I have no idea where I'd put it, lol
    Those low skill paintings are some of the funnier ones.
    She should be glad COVID doesn't exist in the Sims or she'd really want to wash her hands more often.

@Nikkei_Simmer That could be a fun save, I've tried something similar but didn't get far. Wasn't due to lack of interest, more that I got inspired to play a new save.
    Jealous much, River?

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you!

@lisasc360 You're welcome.
    Stinks when internet is out. Glad it's back on now.
    Hoping your husband doesn't have COVID.

@ohmyohmy Nice variety of costumes at the party.
    Sounds like Cori's relationship with Dean is progressing nicely.
    It'd be nice. She won't get it due to that but talking to her boss will definitely help.
    Luckily the zombies only tear up plants and make our Sims zombies. Not for long, just temporarily.
    Great update!

@liizzys1302 Sounds like your save is going well.

@rubyskywalker Happy birthday to Jaxon!

@emorrill I'll have to check out the edits to chapter 4. I'll probably do it tomorrow though when I have more time.

@MamaSimTee Hi, hope all is well with you.

***Nothing from me tonight, although I plan on playing the Ultimate Sim Challenge either tonight or tomorrow. I'll at least have an update by Friday, hopefully.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    @Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 You're welcome.
    Stinks when internet is out. Glad it's back on now.
    Hoping your husband doesn't have COVID.
    It sure does stink when there's no internet. At least with Atlantic Broadband we don't have many outages like we did with Verizon's DSL. Verizon's DSL would cut out several times a day on a daily basis and the download speeds were slower that what we were supposed to have. With ABB, we have 200 Mbps which is way better than Verizon's DSL.
    And Thank you. Hopefully we're hear something tomorrow about his results... :)
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

The ladies challenge each other on the beach.

50373039563_911309e289_k.jpg

Training is coming along nicely and they are evenly matched.

50373740436_4c42c017dc_k.jpg

50373740106_9754d77300_k.jpg

All under the watchful eye of their instructor Shalleen Featherfall.

50373038508_4babfd47cd_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited September 2020
    I installed the game on my (not really new, since it's from 2014) refurbished PC; with a 3rd gen i7 and 16GB of RAM. Normally, the game is highly unstable on all my PCs. It exits out at random times, and does not really save my stuff.

I found this poking around this afternoon. I thought you couldn't change the amount of RAM from the tiny 2GB the game was allowed to use originally. But, it's actually pretty easy, and just requires tinkering with one of the under-the-hood files.

https://simmetrydesign.forumotion.com/t95-want-sims-3-to-use-more-ram-you-can

So far, the game minimized itself to desktop a few times, but didn't just exit out like it had been doing like crazy on my other PCs. I was able to create a couple of Sims, but since it is much more difficult than TS2, I didn't get much gameplay yet. For sure, it is more stable on this PC. I will add the couple of mods I use (most definitely NRass) during tomorrow's session. Got too late and I had to call it quits.

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @cody6268
    I read somewhere that doing that, is kind of pointless.
    @igazor or @puzzlezaddict may know more about that than I do.
    For mods make sure to get overwatch and errortrap.I think the reason
    that following that link doesn't work, is because the game can't use more than 4gb of ram.
    But I may be mistaking.
    @cody6268 I think that 2GB of RAM might apply to a Mac. But @GraceyManor is correct in saying the game can't use more than the almost 4GB it has allocated to it by default. That's because it's a 32 bit program. The others GraceyManor mentioned can give you more info if you need it.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Karritz glad I passed along correct information this time 🤪.Normally I mix it up LOl
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    7 more simdays, maybe 6 now, until Maxwell becomes child. Turns out, Rosalie and Nikki's mother (Who I almost forgot about, had left her in SV, thankfully I had the sim saved in my bin so I put her in a house in Moonlight Falls now) got a job at the school in Moonlight Falls. Wonder what Maxwell will think of his grandma working at his school?

Note to self: Figure out how to raise relationships between Nikki & Rosalie and their mom so they already know each other. Can someone remind me how? I have Nraas MC.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @Karritz glad I passed along correct information this time 🤪.Normally I mix it up LOl

That's why I don't try to give full and complete answers to tech issues now as I haven't been involved in that side of the forums for a few years now and haven't kept up with things as I used to.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top